HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2013, 08:08 PM
  #201
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,641
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
Still hoping for Quality over quantity and a move up using a 1st+2nd or 1st+2nd+3rd to get into the top 15.

Beyond that its hard to peg player positions by draft choice. Have to go BPA. I want to go top 15 and grab a guy like Erne, Wennberg, or Domi but if Nurse is there he'd be a great pick.

I'm assuming Timmins will look for a goalie in the top 3 rounds this year based on his comments last year though.
Any other team in the league.. yeah, quality over quantity. Timmins? Quantity.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 08:17 PM
  #202
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Youre right. Timmins is so good we must maximise the benefits of his talents which is: the more draftees, the better it is.

niftymove is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 08:23 PM
  #203
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
The Habs are most likely to draft a C or LW with their forward picks in this year's draft, or C/LW's which is the best of both IMO.Players like Domi,Wennberg,Klimchuk,Lazar, Buchnevich,Horvat,Carrier,Moutrey,Roy,Kujawinski,D ano,Dauphin,Hurley are all C/LW that are interesting picks.The Habs usually draft a couple of dmen and a RW then a goalie with a late pick,Bailey being a C/RW would be a good 2nd rd.pick,Diaby and Carrier as well and Mantha if he slips to the 2nd rd.In the 3rd rd. I expect a forward and a Dman Morin and Moutrey/Hill adding a little bit of size,nasty and size again.

S Bah is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:52 PM
  #204
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,345
vCash: 597
TVA Sports has Rimouski @ Shawinigan tonight. Gauthier, Kostalek, etc in action.

Sportsnet has Peterborough @ Kingston tonight. Kujawinski, who has had a disappointing season, is the main 2013 draft eligible player in that game.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:27 PM
  #205
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,089
vCash: 500
Gauthier playing good at times... Drifting on the ice at times... He's really not making a case for himself

Kujawinski doesnt impress me either...

Kostalek though

He seem's kinda soft but he wins most of his puck battles, he safe defensively and seems to have great overall IQ

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:39 PM
  #206
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
Still hoping for Quality over quantity and a move up using a 1st+2nd or 1st+2nd+3rd to get into the top 15.

Beyond that its hard to peg player positions by draft choice. Have to go BPA. I want to go top 15 and grab a guy like Erne, Wennberg, or Domi but if Nurse is there he'd be a great pick.

I'm assuming Timmins will look for a goalie in the top 3 rounds this year based on his comments last year though.
I'm pretty sure it was Timmins idea for BG to move up to ensure they drafted Tinordi. If there is someone they really want, we have the assets to move up, and I'm sure TT will advise MB that we need to grab this player. It would be great to get a pick in the top 15.

I like Erne and Zykov, personally.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:50 PM
  #207
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
I'm pretty sure it was Timmins idea for BG to move up to ensure they drafted Tinordi. If there is someone they really want, we have the assets to move up, and I'm sure TT will advise MB that we need to grab this player. It would be great to get a pick in the top 15.

I like Erne and Zykov, personally.
I believe they were trying to trade up to get Teravainen too this last draft. He was also trying to get Gainey to trade up in 2007 to make sure they got McDonagh.

le_sean is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:53 PM
  #208
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Gauthier playing good at times... Drifting on the ice at times... He's really not making a case for himself

Kujawinski doesnt impress me either...

Kostalek though

He seem's kinda soft but he wins most of his puck battles, he safe defensively and seems to have great overall IQ
Kostalek is not soft, he's pretty hard to play against.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:49 PM
  #209
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
New ISS Rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11343

Erne out of the top 30, could be available early second?

After Max Domi at 28th?

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:39 PM
  #210
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,345
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
New ISS Rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11343

Erne out of the top 30, could be available early second?

After Max Domi at 28th?
No, just ISS being stupid like usual. AKA Brendan Gaunce ahead of a 14th ranked Alex Galchenyuk.

Was not impressed by Kujawinski at all despite his goal and an assist. Tripping in OT for the devastating goal against was a fluke, but I found him to be often invisible when he should not be with his tools.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:43 PM
  #211
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
New ISS Rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11343

Erne out of the top 30, could be available early second?

After Max Domi at 28th?
Has domi really fallen that far? Wow.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
  #212
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd trade up for Morrisey, Pulock or Wennberg but I wouldn't trade up for Lazar.

I doubt I'd take him with our 1st round pick but I'd take him definitely take him in the 2nd round. It's a deep draft.
I would not trade up or even draft this guy....I think he is a one trick pony (slapshot) He seemed a slowish awkward skater

Nitehowl is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 10:07 PM
  #213
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,345
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Has domi really fallen that far? Wow.
ISS has simply never liked him from what I can tell:

They had him 28th in February & January.

Not even in their top 30 in December & November.

If Domi falls beyond the 18th pick, there should be an investigation.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 10:23 PM
  #214
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Kostalek is not soft, he's pretty hard to play against.
Not what I meant... He his hard to play against.
But he lets people push him around too much after the whistle(New brand of hockey might not help, either.)

Really impressed by Kostalek overall.


Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Has domi really fallen that far? Wow.
Not at all. Give him 2 or 3 inches more and he would be loved by anyone. Same thing with Petan.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 10:45 PM
  #215
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Not what I meant... He his hard to play against.
But he lets people push him around too much after the whistle(New brand of hockey might not help, either.)

Really impressed by Kostalek overall.




Not at all. Give him 2 or 3 inches more and he would be loved by anyone. Same thing with Petan.
Give anyone this and they would be loved by everyone

Nitehowl is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:32 AM
  #216
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Not what I meant... He his hard to play against.
But he lets people push him around too much after the whistle(New brand of hockey might not help, either.)

Really impressed by Kostalek overall.
That's because he's Czech, he'll get used to it. You nailed it on the bolded.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:58 AM
  #217
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No, just ISS being stupid like usual. AKA Brendan Gaunce ahead of a 14th ranked Alex Galchenyuk.

Was not impressed by Kujawinski at all despite his goal and an assist. Tripping in OT for the devastating goal against was a fluke, but I found him to be often invisible when he should not be with his tools.
I must admit that Kujawinski is a no draft player for me. No passion for the game is huge deal breaker.

Jeffrey is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:04 AM
  #218
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I would not trade up or even draft this guy....I think he is a one trick pony (slapshot) He seemed a slowish awkward skater
I agree Pulock is basically a poor skating Mike Green.

I feel that there are going to be tons surprises this year just like last year with Forsberg falling to Washington.

Jeffrey is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 07:20 AM
  #219
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,359
vCash: 500
That's what so fascinating about this upcoming draft... After the top 5 or 6, it's next to impossible to make predictions. Some teams will have guys in their top 12-15 that other teams won't rate as a first rounder. Much more so than usual. To me, there's a bunch of player from 10 to 40 or so that could go anywhere.

Fozz is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 07:23 AM
  #220
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,184
vCash: 500
I suspect Shinkaruk will slide. This year's Collberg.

Mats86 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:15 AM
  #221
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
I hope that Nicushkin slides like Tarasenko did to 16th where the Habs trade up to draft him.After three more years in the KHL he should be ripe for the NHL.Nicushkin-Galchenyuk-Kristo would make a great line in three years.


Last edited by S Bah: 03-16-2013 at 01:54 PM.
S Bah is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:34 AM
  #222
phillytennis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
New ISS Rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11343

Erne out of the top 30, could be available early second?

After Max Domi at 28th?
1st. pick...Hartman or Petan
2nd pick (from Calgary)...Erne or Domi
2nd pick (from Nashville)...Dauphin, Duclair or Poirier
2nd pick (Mtl)...pick any of the available guys from above...or Subhan or Diaby
3rd pick (from Dallas)...Samuel Morin
3rd pick (MTL)...Nic Sorenson

phillytennis is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
  #223
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I suspect Shinkaruk will slide. This year's Collberg.
to the 2nd round??

I would be shocked to see him outside the 1st; although, the more you explore the picks, it is an extremely deep draft. excited to see what timmins does with our 2nds. real excited, and lots of gems this year.

I would take j. subban with one of our 2nds but he is slowly rising up ranks because he is starting to play well (almost hope he has a **** playoff).

The things he struggles with are things you can work through and holds all the other attributes needed to be at an nhl level. I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip into the top 30, top 40 of the draft.

if domi slips to 28th, whoever gets him, has an absolute unreal player. and I see they have subban in their top 30...f.

collberg, galchenyuk, and thrower were all in their top 30.

First things first, win the cup!!!! and hope kristo is in hamilton this year.

Nedved is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
  #224
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,641
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
1st. pick...Hartman or Petan
2nd pick (from Calgary)...Erne or Domi
2nd pick (from Nashville)...Dauphin, Duclair or Poirier
2nd pick (Mtl)...pick any of the available guys from above...or Subhan or Diaby
3rd pick (from Dallas)...Samuel Morin
3rd pick (MTL)...Nic Sorenson
3rd round is way too high for Sorenson.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:55 AM
  #225
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post


to the 2nd round??

I would be shocked to see him outside the 1st; although, the more you explore the picks, it is an extremely deep draft. excited to see what timmins does with our 2nds. real excited, and lots of gems this year.
Well, I think possible. I know he is generally rated around 10th overall. But I see some things. First he is not a big guy. Small guys have tendency to slide in draft. Teams like to combine size and skill that high in draft. Some GMs looking for size. Another thing is he plateaued this year. No gain from last year. I know many clubs are stats gurus and watching for it. That will go against him. Another is he is almost a year older than other draftees. Some scouts will say he is a year or 6 months ahead of other draftees

Mats86 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.