HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NICK DIAZ vs GSP UFC 158

Old
03-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
[...]

True but when it come to Diaz i don't think there is much acting a la Chael Sonnen. I think the guy is just a ***** by nature
Exactly the anecdotal evidence my friend said. He's a MMA fighter and his older brother fought in the UFC and my friend often gets to meet people from the sport whenever they are in town , vip tickets, etc. Chael Apparently is one of the nicest, humblest guys around and very candid about how the marketing aspect of it is what it is, a show, they must put on a show and be the bad guy.

My friend also encountered Diaz, the guy is just messed up. I honestly think Diaz needs professional help and has mental illnesses that are not being treated and probably exacerbated by constantly fighting.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Well Nick Diaz is going to be one tough motherfu... to hurt GSP will have to literally make him learn what pain is.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:17 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Just a heads up to those of you who have signed up for hockey streams, they usually (not promising) show the UFC events for no added cost. I've watched a few already.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:24 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Diaz doesn't sound mentally ready for this fight at all. Hope the rest of the card is worth it for people who bought the tickets.

Great hearing him with the Oprah Winfrey/Dr. Phil style of answering though. That should make a nice biography.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Patrick Cote proudly wearing his Habs jersey at the weigh ins
IIRC, he's a Leafs fan.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:05 PM
LeoHabs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
I was watching the weigh ins. WHAT THE F--- IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?

LeoHabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoHabs View Post
I was watching the weigh ins. WHAT THE F--- IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?
Gimmick. He's nicknamed Freakshow and has been using false teeth during weigh ins.

I like him.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Dana White really comes off as an arrogant ***hole in the PC.
Go GSP!

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
If Diaz lose big time , I wonder if his attitude will change after the fight
i've been wondering all day if they're gonna shake hands or something at the end of this fight, Diaz looks legitimately pissed off at GSP at all time

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
I am the biggest GSP fan out there. And I think he will win this fight. But I respect Diaz, because he makes sense, all the ***** he says is annoying to some people but it sounds exactly like that annoyed public servant that hates his job. The way he says hes never excited for a fight, how can you be ready for a fight, and how GSP has got that hollywood aura around him, because the whole story is perfect, and hes right about that

That said, GSP will win

Hullois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:54 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Don't watch UFC, but THIS , I wanna see!

GSP has made us all proud and with all the success come the detractors, haters, the ones who want to see a champion fall. Couldn't think of a nicer, more positive role model (if you ignore him beating the **** out of people, which is mostly why I'm not interested in UFC) and great rep. for our city and Quebec (also Canada FTM).

Lately I've been reading all these blogs trying to tear him down and call him a fake for getting enraged during the media call. Now I just want to see him do what he's supposed to, but maybe a little extra. Like REALLLY beat the **** out of Diaz (am I contradicting myself? It's a one off!!).

On an fairly off-topic note - I miss Diaz.

Q. What time does the fight happen? Is it possible to watch the Habs game and this fight?
I don't get it myself.

GSP has been receiving a lot of hate lately and I don't know if it's just because of Diaz's fanboys or what, but people have been painting GSP as this spoiled guy who has it all.

I hate that image of him because it's so unbelievably wrong. GSP is the hardest working MMA fighter by far, he's a complete animal when it comes to training and conditioning, and from day one he worked his way up to the top, earning all of it along the way.

He never had an easy route, he earned all of it and came from humble beginnings.

I respect him so much. The first fight I watched was BJ Penn vs GSP (the first fight, back in 2006). I instantly became a fan.

I really hope he gives Diaz the beating of his life tomorrow.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:00 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I don't get it myself.

GSP has been receiving a lot of hate lately and I don't know if it's just because of Diaz's fanboys or what, but people have been painting GSP as this spoiled guy who has it all.

I hate that image of him because it's so unbelievably wrong. GSP is the hardest working MMA fighter by far, he's a complete animal when it comes to training and conditioning, and from day one he worked his way up to the top, earning all of it along the way.

He never had an easy route, he earned all of it and came from humble beginnings.

I respect him so much. The first fight I watched was BJ Penn vs GSP (the first fight, back in 2006). I instantly became a fan.

I really hope he gives Diaz the beating of his life tomorrow.
I hope GSP delivers the most boring and technical fight ever, frustrating Diaz and his fans to the utmost.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:23 AM
KPower

Not a big UFC fan but I hope GSP knocks that punk out.

KPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:10 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

I didnt watch the PC but if people thought GSP was pissed and angry then I can guarantee you he acted to hype up the fight. He's the most professional and zen fighter out there. And he's been around long enough to know to control his emotions for a fight. He probably has never really been angry at anyone.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 10:55 AM
CP31

What time would the gsp fight probably start at?

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:00 AM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
I didnt watch the PC but if people thought GSP was pissed and angry then I can guarantee you he acted to hype up the fight. He's the most professional and zen fighter out there. And he's been around long enough to know to control his emotions for a fight. He probably has never really been angry at anyone.
No, he looked really annoyed to me. GSP never was the one to create hype for his fights, and this fight really doesn't need hyping so why start now?

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
isn't diaz trying get in gsp's head never seen any other fighter try to do that before a fight could be part of his game plan against gsp

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:55 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
I don't think so, I think he legitimately had enough of him and is really pissed off. Diaz has called GSP scared, that he is faking an injury, and is pampered. Claimed that he quits fights when he gets hit, and that he never really won his last few fights. He even accused GSP of using steroids. He has called out GSPs character and that he has not earned what he's got. I believe he wants to shut him up.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:07 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I don't think so, I think he legitimately had enough of him and is really pissed off. Diaz has called GSP scared, that he is faking an injury, and is pampered. Claimed that he quits fights when he gets hit, and that he never really won his last few fights. He even accused GSP of using steroids. He has called out GSPs character and that he has not earned what he's got. I believe he wants to shut him up.
The "this time, it's personal" quote on the poster makes me think it's pretty much staged.

JackieChan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:17 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
The "this time, it's personal" quote on the poster makes me think it's pretty much staged.
Well there is no doubt the UFC is milking it for all they can, but I don't think GSP is playing up his anger and disgust for Diaz right now. Many fighters have insulted GSP and claimed they knew how to beat him in the past. But none has gone the extent to question his character the way Diaz has.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:17 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

I think it's all staged because the guy who should be fighting GSP is Johny Hendricks.

They're just trying to make it sound like GSP had good justification to fight Diaz instead.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:39 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I think it's all staged because the guy who should be fighting GSP is Johny Hendricks.

They're just trying to make it sound like GSP had good justification to fight Diaz instead.
Win against Diaz

Next -- win against Hendricks

Next ? against Silva

retirement

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk View Post
isn't diaz trying get in gsp's head never seen any other fighter try to do that before a fight could be part of his game plan against gsp
Serra (2nd fight) , BJ (2nd fight) , Hardy and Koscheck all tried to get into GSP head and all got their ass handed to them.

Georges has been there done that and is not going to compromise his gameplan because of the trash talk. However he may be more aggressive than usual if he gets a dominant position and a little more ferocious into Diaz guard

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

I worry that GSP loses. You always never know and with him facing a guy I don't like the concern intensifies a bit.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote