HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XIII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2013, 09:56 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I would not mind seeing Moore go to the AHL. We have some other young guys who are frankly outplaying him.
Does he have to clear waivers?

Old
03-15-2013, 10:08 PM
EDM

Good point. Not sure.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Does he have to clear waivers?
I don't believe so ... he's still on his ELC.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:51 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I don't believe so ... he's still on his ELC.
He'll be an RFA after this season, correct?

Old
03-16-2013, 07:05 AM
EspenK

Back to the proposed Nash trade, I've watched Miller play a couple of times and I think he would have been a perfect fit here. Not that I don't think Dubi wasn't a good addition, but to date, imo, he's been a non-factor. Due to the injury, I'm willing to wait till next year to fully evaluate but so far...(Yeah, I know, he is Mr PMA in the room, next captain potential, etc)

Old
03-16-2013, 09:09 AM
2minpenalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickguy View Post
It's no secret that John Moore struggles in his own end; does this mean more work for the other defenders and/or Bobrovsky? Chemistry is an amazing thing.
We know Moore can skate but the rest of his game still needs work. With his stats (82 NHL games, 8 points, -27) he would probably be in the AHL if he wasn't a first round draft pick.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. There is something about Moore's game that bothers me and I have a hard time putting my finger on it. He is a great skater, but maybe it's a lack of hockey IQ. Does anyone else have the same impression?

Old
03-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Nope. Our entire defense looked bad last time Moore was healthy, our forwards sucked, and our goaltending was below average. Everybody is playing good right now defensively and the goalie is playing outstanding, which is why Moore looks like he's been passed up. I have no doubt that if Moore were in the lineup we would be talking about how much better he looked over this point streak.

Old
03-16-2013, 10:18 AM
2minpenalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Nope. Our entire defense looked bad last time Moore was healthy, our forwards sucked, and our goaltending was below average. Everybody is playing good right now defensively and the goalie is playing outstanding, which is why Moore looks like he's been passed up. I have no doubt that if Moore were in the lineup we would be talking about how much better he looked over this point streak.
I hope so, but I'm still not convinced from what I have seen to date.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:03 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I would much rather see Moore step into the third pair with Erixon, rather than Aucoin. This season is primarily for evaluation and the two of them could be a big part of the Jackets future. Seems Moore's absence from the lineup has caused his potential to have been forgotten. If he's been passed on the depth chart, now's the time to gauge where he should fit in. Aucoin has been a bit better, in recent games, but his time has passed.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:08 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I would much rather see Moore step into the third pair with Erixon, rather than Aucoin. This season is primarily for evaluation and the two of them could be a big part of the Jackets future. Seems Moore's absence from the lineup has caused his potential to have been forgotten. If he's been passed on the depth chart, now's the time to gauge where he should fit in. Aucoin has been a bit better, in recent games, but his time has passed.
Careful pete, you are bordering on advocating tanking. We're headed to the playoffs with the same guys who about 10 games ago sucked big time.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:41 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Careful pete, you are bordering on advocating tanking. We're headed to the playoffs with the same guys who about 10 games ago sucked big time.
I'm sure you understand, EK, that by evaluating the talent in the organization, I'm not advocating intentionally losing games. In fact, my personal opinion is that, even coming off an injury, Moore can provide more positives to this team than Aucoin. The only way to prove that is to put him out there, though.

As for the playoffs, I'm afraid the upcoming road schedule will take care of that pipe dream, along with all concerns about not getting a shot at one of the top four or five players in the draft. Neither Aucoin nor Moore are going to appreciably alter that outcome.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
As for the playoffs, I'm afraid the upcoming road schedule will take care of that pipe dream, along with all concerns about not getting a shot at one of the top four or five players in the draft.

Perhaps, actually most likely.

But it sure is a lot more fun going into it still with the possibility there is life, rather than the certainty there is none.

I post, therefore I am.
Old
03-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I have no doubt that if Moore were in the lineup we would be talking about how much better he looked over this point streak.
This. I also have little doubt that folks inside the CBJ organization are not "overlooking" John Moore, if indeed anyone is.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:47 AM
EDM

I guess I am just a wild-eyed optimist ........ But I do not see them folding on the road. I am not saying they will keep up their point per game pace. But, since they have learned this new competitive style, I do not see them collapsing away from home like past Jacket teams. I do realize that on the road, the home team gets to make the last match up and that could undercut the D a bit. But this team has a mental toughness to it that will survive the road.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
I guess I am just a wild-eyed optimist ........ But I do not see them folding on the road. I am not saying they will keep up their point per game pace. But, since they have learned this new competitive style, I do not see them collapsing away from home like past Jacket teams. I do realize that on the road, the home team gets to make the last match up and that could undercut the D a bit. But this team has a mental toughness to it that will survive the road.
The style of play they have been playing at home actually translates well to playing road games. If they can continue to play their system, they could surprise a few people.

Will also be interesting to see if Bob plays as tough on the road. I see no reason why he shouldn't, but one never knows.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Mason will get a start or two, there is a 4 in 6 stretch with a back to back out west end of the month.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:08 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Bolded are words I would never have expected to see used to describe you, EDM, but you really have been very fair and positive in your recent evaluation of this team's play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
...But it sure is a lot more fun going into it still with the possibility there is life, rather than the certainty there is none.
I agree, Roadman, and I really hope EDM is right about they respond to the road. As I've said before, I much prefer winning to worrying about draft position. Best outcome, of course is to continue the current level of play, make the playoffs (and win a few games!), and have either the Rags or Kings miss the playoffs and win the lottery. That might cause me to reevaluate my position on the existence of higher powers, since only Loki could conceivably make that all come true!

Old
03-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
since only Loki could conceivably make that all come true!
That's Norse. We need the Fin equvalent, which appears to be Louhi. Had hoped it was Jarmo.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:24 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
That's Norse. We need the Fin equvalent, which appears to be Louhi. Had hoped it was Jarmo.
Ha!!

Old
03-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
He'll be an RFA after this season, correct?
According to Capgeek.com, it's after next year. Doesn't seem right to me - I thought it was this year also. Can anyone clarify?

Old
03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
EDM

For the record, I have always been fair. But in the past being "fair" precluded being positive. (insert smiley).

Old
03-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
According to Capgeek.com, it's after next year. Doesn't seem right to me - I thought it was this year also. Can anyone clarify?
Notes in his information on the SPR website says he is in third year of 3 yr EL deal. He has played two years in SPR with games in Columbus, so this would be his third pro year. Unless they signed him to a 5 year entry level, this is it.

As much most refer to Cap-geek as gospel it does appear as though there is an error.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:37 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
For the record, I have always been fair. But in the past being "fair" precluded being positive. (insert smiley).
For the record, I never implied otherwise.

Old
03-16-2013, 10:27 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Mason will get a start or two, there is a 4 in 6 stretch with a back to back out west end of the month.
I wouldn't sit Bob if there are 6 games in 6 nights, not until he returns to the planet earth.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I wouldn't sit Bob if there are 6 games in 6 nights, not until he returns to the planet earth.
Don't want to burn him out. We'll need him for the playoff run.

Closed Thread