HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 7: "GMs who should be posters"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2013, 07:28 PM
  #626
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,738
vCash: 217
Phoenix Coyotes ‏@phoenixcoyotes

#Coyotes have signed defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson to a six-year contract.

Not a chance they trade him now.

GreatMcKeith is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:08 PM
  #627
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,932
vCash: 500
Time for changes, I did this before, but I've re-thought it a bit, so here's what I think the Oilers should do going forward.

Claim Adam Hall and send Hartikainen down for the meantime.

Trades:

To NJ: Belanger and Hordichuk

To EDM: Wiseman and 4th Round pick

-----------------------------------------

To PHI: Hemsky, Petry, Jones and Hartikainen (Eat $5M of cap space for this year)

To EDM: Coburn, Read, Talbot and Fedotenko

----------------------------------------

To NYR: Fedotenko and Whitney

To EDM: Boyle

---------------------------------------

To BOS: Habby, Smyth and Peckham

To EDM: Ference, Fallstrom and a 4th

--------------------------------------

So now you go forward with this group

Read - Nuge - Eberle
PRV - Gagner - Yakupov
Hall - Horcoff - Talbot
Brown - Hall/Boyle - Boyle/Hall
Petrell

Smid - Coburn
Ference - Schultz
Schultz - Fistric
Potter

Dubnyk
Danis

I like this team ALOT more, and I don't think they're too unreasonable moves.

Jimmi McJenkins is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:19 PM
  #628
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
6 year 5.5 per for OEL

If all goes well that could be similar to what we give Justin Schultz eventually

402 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
  #629
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Phoenix Coyotes ‏@phoenixcoyotes

#Coyotes have signed defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson to a six-year contract.

Not a chance they trade him now.
$5.5M per, Fantastic contract for the Yotes and also fantastic for the Habs, lol

Jimmi McJenkins is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:31 PM
  #630
McShogun99
Registered User
 
McShogun99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
$5.5M per, Fantastic contract for the Yotes and also fantastic for the Habs, lol
What a steal. If waited until the summer he might have been offer sheeted for 6.5+ per season. There goes my plan of the Oilers trying to get him. At least there's still Pietriangelo.

McShogun99 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:37 PM
  #631
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyMcOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 50
Are you sure it wasn't Quebec or Seattle that signed him?

edit: Looking forward to seeing him play in the next few years.


Last edited by AlowlyMcOilersfan: 03-15-2013 at 08:55 PM.
AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:56 PM
  #632
McDoused
Registered User
 
McDoused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,459
vCash: 500
Good for OEL. Always hoped we could have got him.

McDoused is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:15 PM
  #633
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
6 year 5.5 per for OEL

If all goes well that could be similar to what we give Justin Schultz eventually
That's a contract we need to point at to make sure J.Schultz doesn't make more than $4.5M.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:23 PM
  #634
Lay Z Boy GM
Registered User
 
Lay Z Boy GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Are you sure it wasn't Quebec or Seattle that signed him?

edit: Looking forward to seeing him play in the next few years.
Hope so. Absolutely sick of the Coyotes.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:40 PM
  #635
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Except he played eight minutes a night on the 2009 Ducks during the regular season... and 8 and a half in the playoffs... so unless your definition of a not good team is one with Niedermayer Pronger Getzlaf Perry Ryan and Selanne you would be mistaken...
2009? That was 4 years ago. Players change. Same coach on a good Toronto team at the time was playing him 4 this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
No, the difference between Eager and Brown is that Brown brings it every night, Eager doesn't. It's as simple as that.

Also, Brown not only accepts his role but he embraces it. Eager seemed to have a problem accepting his role. Brown is more of a professional and that holds a lot of weight with coaches and i'm sure his teammates also.
That's great for the dressing room, but honestly is it worth a 3rd/4th rounder? Eager still does a lot of similar things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Brown has done more in his few games with us so far than Eager did all year.

Brown understands his role as a 4th line guy, while Eager never embraced it, nor did he ever show reason to have him playing higher in the lineup.
Eager was hurt a lot, and I've watched every game to say that he had definitely started to really pick up his play, some of his best games as an Oiler were played before the trade. Literally a week before the trade, I saw Oil fans asking to put Eager in the top six. The hate came on pretty quickly afterwards.

This may be the first time in history where I've criticized a Steve Tambellini trade, I guess I picked the wrong one to not like. I don't hate Brown, and I enjoy his fighting and hitting, I just wish this was addressed properly in the offseason instead of using a pick to fix it right now.

EDIT: I watched the Brown-Tootoo fight, like I said, love the fighting so far, its entertaining.
EDIT: Brown just showed why maybe it's not smart to play him in a one goal game with 6 minutes left


Last edited by Paralyzer008: 03-15-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Paralyzer008 is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:57 PM
  #636
Mr McV
Registered User
 
Mr McV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oka Noggin
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,805
vCash: 500
...Wrong thread.


Last edited by Mr McV: 03-15-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Mr McV is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:10 AM
  #637
NewBoysClub97
All-Star
 
NewBoysClub97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,680
vCash: 50
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

Hurricanes claim Adam Hall

NewBoysClub97 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:24 AM
  #638
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

Hurricanes claim Adam Hall
Well there's that. Seriously we would a terrific upgrade in the bottom-6

Jimmi McJenkins is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:32 AM
  #639
enthropi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 3,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Phoenix Coyotes ‏@phoenixcoyotes

#Coyotes have signed defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson to a six-year contract.

Not a chance they trade him now.
Meh, crystal meth was required to even believe OEL could be available....
LSD is enough for a Yandle trade though...

enthropi is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 12:27 PM
  #640
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,373
vCash: 500
How about Hemsky (with us picking up salary) and Whitney to BOS for Camara and a 1st? I know everyone is tired of deals for picks and prospects, but it is as much about giving Yakupov more ice time and increased role as well as opening a roster spot for free agency as it is about gaining assets (which we don't really have a prospect like Camara... maybe Moroz).

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 12:32 PM
  #641
ExOilerFan
5-14-6-1
 
ExOilerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
How about Hemsky (with us picking up salary) and Whitney to BOS for Camara and a 1st? I know everyone is tired of deals for picks and prospects, but it is as much about giving Yakupov more ice time and increased role as well as opening a roster spot for free agency as it is about gaining assets (which we don't really have a prospect like Camara... maybe Moroz).
I loved Camara in the world juniors and believe he could be a huge physical player for us in the future if we acquired him. Also, if we got their first we could probably draft Lazar. Imagine a draft where we picked Lazar and Monahan/Barkov/Lindholm. That would be a great draft for us.

ExOilerFan is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 12:48 PM
  #642
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
I loved Camara in the world juniors and believe he could be a huge physical player for us in the future if we acquired him. Also, if we got their first we could probably draft Lazar. Imagine a draft where we picked Lazar and Monahan/Barkov/Lindholm. That would be a great draft for us.
Uh, their first is likely 30th. I don't see how it's anyone but them and PIT in the conference finals. At best that pick is 27th unless they get knocked out in the first two rounds, even then, 24th-26th. I highly doubt Lazar drops out of the top 15. Not sure the BOS 1st + 2 2nds gets us there either. But I guess one can dream.

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 12:52 PM
  #643
ExOilerFan
5-14-6-1
 
ExOilerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Uh, their first is likely 30th. I don't see how it's anyone but them and PIT in the conference finals. At best that pick is 27th unless they get knocked out in the first two rounds, even then, 24th-26th. I highly doubt Lazar drops out of the top 15. Not sure the BOS 1st + 2 2nds gets us there either. But I guess one can dream.
Wow I guess I looked at the old rankings from December. Didn't realize that Lazar is projected to go 11th...
In that case I wouldn't do the trade

ExOilerFan is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 12:55 PM
  #644
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Uh, their first is likely 30th. I don't see how it's anyone but them and PIT in the conference finals. At best that pick is 27th unless they get knocked out in the first two rounds, even then, 24th-26th. I highly doubt Lazar drops out of the top 15. Not sure the BOS 1st + 2 2nds gets us there either. But I guess one can dream.
Boston is likely going to win the Cup?

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:00 PM
  #645
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Boston is likely going to win the Cup?
You have a better suggestion? PIT and CHI are the only others I would consider. Maybe add LA??? No team has as much depth. Plus a GM with a proven track record of going all out to improve his team on deadline day.

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:12 PM
  #646
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Boston is likely going to win the Cup?
They are one of the best teams in the East with a Ridiculous Amount of Cap Space, I would say they are in the top tier.

They have OVER $7M in Cap space, so they can add both Perry and Iginla without much worry.

I haven't actually "run the numbers" but I could see the Bruins being able to add Perry, Iginla, Visnovsky and Regehr, and probably still have them all fit. (At the deadline of course.)

Jimmi McJenkins is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:14 PM
  #647
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
They are one of the best teams in the East with a Ridiculous Amount of Cap Space, I would say they are in the top tier.

They have OVER $7M in Cap space, so they can add both Perry and Iginla without much worry.
One more Kaberle-like defensive acquisition and someone like Derek Roy at C and they're poised for another cup.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:16 PM
  #648
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
One more Kaberle-like defensive acquisition and someone like Derek Roy at C and they're poised for another cup.
Visnovsky, Perry and Habby for goaltending depth, and good luck rest of the Eastern Conference.

Jimmi McJenkins is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:34 PM
  #649
Mcworraps
McWonderful McSummer
 
Mcworraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,799
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
You have a better suggestion? PIT and CHI are the only others I would consider. Maybe add LA??? No team has as much depth. Plus a GM with a proven track record of going all out to improve his team on deadline day.
An Eastern team isn't going to win the Cup this year.

I find the style of play in that conference very entertaining but not having to face the tighter checking teams in the West is going to make for a rude awakening when the Eastern Conference Champion lines up against whoever comes out of the West.

Mcworraps is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
  #650
Andrew B
Registered User
 
Andrew B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
An Eastern team isn't going to win the Cup this year.

I find the style of play in that conference very entertaining but not having to face the tighter checking teams in the West is going to make for a rude awakening when the Eastern Conference Champion lines up against whoever comes out of the West.
We say this Every year, and it pretty much doesnt matter. The west has won 4/7 since the lockout.

Andrew B is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.