HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Canucks Aggressively Pursuing Trade (Interested in Steve Ott & Derek Roy)

Old
03-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post

Couts is worth significantly more than Schneider. Roy is worth more than Schroeder. Couts is only moving for Edler (potentially +) and Roy would probs be Ballard + Schroeder.
Seriously? You know Edler is no longer an upcoming UFA, right? He's signed to a great contract for 6 more years.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Ho Borvat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I'd really just like to see Roy moved for a center with 1-2 years remaining on his contract that can play a 2-3 role.

This would be someone like Stajan or Legwand.

Mainly because we have about 5-6 centers who will be hitting the pros in 2-3 years (Molin, Faksa, Winkler, Shore, Winther, G Smith).

Schroeder would be a good pickup though, and I would gladly throw in Glennie with Roy for him.
In all fairness I think a 1-1 swap would make sense. But Glennie could be interesting (Van has no need to rush prospects, change of scenary may help).

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Schroeder and a pick on condition Roy signs for Roy and Glennie?

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think there is zero chance the Canucks would re-sign Roy if we acquired him.

It's reported that he's seeking $5-6 mil per year which the Canucks cannot afford.
Also, he may not like the idea of centering the 3rd/2b line (but the Canucks could shift Kesler to the wing).

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
I would be content with that deal.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post

It's reported that he's seeking $5-6 mil per year which the Canucks cannot afford.
Also, he may not like the idea of centering the 3rd/2b line (but the Canucks could shift Kesler to the wing).
Well then why on earth would you give up Schroeder for Roy? kack, this ain't gonna work son.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Man I've always been a huge fan of Schroeder. Watching him in the AHL and Juniors was fun, I think hell be a fantastic NHLer. Would love to have him in Dallas.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post

In all fairness, I would see him on the 2nd line with Kesler (and likely 2nd unit PP).
So ice time/opportunity/etc wouldn't likely be an issue for him.

I guess the value also is determined by - Booth, Ballard and whichever goalie moves.

In all fairness they will have 8-9 million in space next year (pending which goalie moves) to re-sign Raymond, Lapierre, Weise, Higgins and Tanev.

Once you take off Ballards salary (and I think one of Raymond/Higgins will end up walking), you end up with about 12 million (so maybe 7 million to sign Raymond/Higgins, Lapierre, Weise, Tanev and some depth players).

It would be tight, but if anyone could do it, Laurence Gilman can.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
What makes you so sure? I mean, I have no evidence to the contrary, but all things being equal, why are you certain that Ott will sign "way before trade deadline"?
Pegula will get it done.

Only way he's not here after next year is if someone blows our socks off with a trade offer. I don't see it happening.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Pegula will get it done.

Only way he's not here after next year is if someone blows our socks off with a trade offer. I don't see it happening.
If MG was going to get Ott.. it would have been at last years TDL or this offseason.
Asking price was Hodgson.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I'd do it as a Canucks fan.

I hear Roy is looking for $5-6M...I'd also pay him that on a four to five year deal.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'd do it as a Canucks fan.

I hear Roy is looking for $5-6M...I'd also pay him that on a four to five year deal.
5x4 or 5x5 I could handle. Ideally I would wanna do something like the Jason Garrison signing (4.6x6) which would take him to age 35.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Ott would be a perfect fit for Vancouver and the type of game they play.

I hope they get him.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:31 PM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Ott would be a perfect fit for Vancouver and the type of game they play.

I hope they get him.
I honestly don't know what you guys could give up for him. You have a lot of untradeable pieces.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:42 PM
K2B
dim jim

Derek Roy seems to be the ideal. If he costs to much I'd just go after Goc.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
I honestly don't know what you guys could give up for him. You have a lot of untradeable pieces.
Outside of our 1st I can't see anything being of real interest.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:45 PM
sabresandcanucks

If I am Regier I am telling GMMG that Ott is only in play if Tanev is in play. I highly doubt Gillis would even go there, but from a Buffalo stand point Tanev is exactly the type of player they need.

If Tanev is a no go...and he likely is...I would then shift focus to Cory Schneider. I would start with Ott, Enroth, and McNabb and see if Gillis would counter with something else.

In order to land Schneider I'd imagine Vancouver would want a package like Grigorenko, Ott and Enroth.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
If I am Regier I am telling GMMG that Ott is only in play if Tanev is in play. I highly doubt Gillis would even go there, but from a Buffalo stand point Tanev is exactly the type of player they need.

If Tanev is a no go...and he likely is...I would then shift focus to Cory Schneider. I would start with Ott, Enroth, and McNabb and see if Gillis would counter with something else.

In order to land Schneider I'd imagine Vancouver would want a package like Grigorenko, Ott and Enroth.
Yeah I can't see him moving Tanev for Ott. Not out of value, but the fact that Tanev is one of 2 RH d-men we have (and hes shown chemistry with every d-man we have).

I could see something being based around a 1st round pick, but not sure if thats something either side is excited to do.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:52 PM
xtra

Quote:

Yea Tanev is def a no-go, i honestly belive that if he develops a shot he could be a high end #2 or a low quality #1 dman he's just that impressive.

Now with Schneider i think that something could be worked out but i would think that Gillis would be inquiring about Myers and if he is aval. Now with my advanced stat watching it doesn't seem like Myers is having the greatest season nor was he last year. So could something like this work:

Ott and Myers
for
Schneider+ ballard(cap hit) + 1st and Schroeder

if i am undervaluing Myers please ignore me lol but i think Myers being a right handed shot would be of interest to the Canucks and we know they want Ott

Time to hide

xtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
Yea Tanev is def a no-go, i honestly belive that if he develops a shot he could be a high end #2 or a low quality #1 dman he's just that impressive.

Now with Schneider i think that something could be worked out but i would think that Gillis would be inquiring about Myers and if he is aval. Now with my advanced stat watching it doesn't seem like Myers is having the greatest season nor was he last year. So could something like this work:

Ott and Myers
for

if i am undervaluing Myers please ignore me lol but i think Myers being a right handed shot would be of interest to the Canucks and we know they want Ott

Time to hide

Absolutely not.

I don't know if you're undervaluing Myers... but I think you're over valuing Schneider.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Beerz

Quote:

I wouldn't give up that package for Schneider.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:14 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I wouldn't give up that package for Schneider.
That is likely what the price tag will be...whether we (as Buffalo fans) like it or not is irrelevant.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:15 PM
SgtToody

Canuck fans over-valuing their own prospects, whodathunk? I'm not crazy for Ott unless at a reasonable price, and it seems to me that Regier is fighting for his job, so he'll be doing no favours.
As to even mentioning Grigerenko, you're joking, right? Canucks haven't had a prospect of his potential since the Sedins; our scouts are also members of the blind squirrel nation...

SgtToody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:16 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:

Ott and Myers
for

Time to hide
I would consider moving Myers + if Buffalo could get Tanev and Schneider coming back. Would be a very difficult deal to structure though.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Djp

Quote:

Ott and Myers
for

Time to hide

You are WAY undervaluing Myers.

also the team really cant afford Myers. Next year you are slated to have $19M in 5 Dmen. That is a lot. They need to move one for younger players to control the cap.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote