HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 06:12 AM
coachfluffy

vCash: 500
Plymouth will play just hard enough to win without anyone getting hurt or suspended in both games. Pretty much what they did last time the teams played in Windsor.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:23 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfluffy View Post
Plymouth will play just hard enough to win without anyone getting hurt or suspended in both games. Pretty much what they did last time the teams played in Windsor.
Except Plymouth lost the game in Windsor after blitzing Windsor at Plymouth
My guess is Plymouth a near full roster tonite,not so much tomorrow
Wonder if Trochek dresses both games with a shot at the scoring title

Old
03-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Any predictions on tonight in Ply? Other than them cleaning the ice with us, I mean
I think Pav and the spits will hang on for the first 10 minutes or so and then he flood gates will open wide and plymouth will build a big lead and then the chippy play will start because the spitfires have nothing else to play for really...this is just a prediction but I'd say somewhere around 7-3 along with 3 or 4 fights.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
The Spitfires had a golden opportunity to fill that import void in the lineup with a top-15 pick. Windsor opted for Russian Vladimir Ionin, but he didn’t make it out of training camp. A trade with Kitchener brought in Slovakian Juraj Bezuch, but he was pointless in four games before being cut.

“The import draft went ugly,” said Rychel, who will have two picks in the top 20 this year. “A lot of things happened that day that I didn’t expect. I’ll take the blame.”
Rychel thought Soo would bend over twice and pass on Ho-Sang and then on Tolchinsky. Could have easily traded up - but the league revolved around what Warren wants, or so he believes. You think he would have learned this lesson when Barrie drafted Kerby after WR tries to play silly games there too.

Quote:
Players the club had hoped to step up and fill a bigger role on offence failed to do so. Former first-round pick Jordan Maletta was eventually dealt away for picks while third-year centre Michael Clarke was shipped out to try and find some offence from the back end in Trevor Murphy.
Umm...Devlin and Schoemakers were traded for Murphy, Clarke and 2 seconds were traded for Koekkoek.

Quote:
Overagers like Derek Schoenmakers, who was traded, and Emerson Clark failed to provide a spark and captain Saverio Posa did not hesitate to leave via trade to Guelph when given the opportunity.

Boughner said that’s a key area of focus for this off-season.
This is a ******* thing to say about Posa. Also it's impossible to expect leaders when everybody knows it's Kerby's lockerroom and either you're buddies with Kerby or you're a nobody.
Quote:
But there are still obstacles facing the club. OHL sanctions for violations of the league’s player recruitment policy will leave the team without a first-round pick in this year’s draft and the club has dealt away it’s second-round pick.

“The silver lining from missing the playoffs is we would have picked fourth overall and now we can’t do that,” Rychel said. “We have to get out and shake the trees for free agents and some of our picks (like high-touted Americans Will Butcher, Evan Allen and Nick Schmaltz).”
Gee, why don't we have that first rounder Warren? And who did you trade our second rounder for? Devlin or Marchese? Butcher shouldn't come over, either should Allen. And I think we know how the Schmaltz family thinks about Windsor already.

Quote:
While a new deal for associate head coach Bob Jones must still be worked out, Boughner and his entire staff are set to return. The challenge for them is make players more accountable and committed to a system that has produced titles in the past.
Never the coaching staffs fault obviously. Let's bring back the same group - the majority owner, the majority owners best buddy and the majority owners brother-in-law.

Quote:
“Even with our skill teams, we outworked teams and made it hard to play against by finishing hits and forechecking hard every night. That was our identity, but I don’t think that was always true this season.”
Kinda hard to preach this on everybody else when Kerby seems to have a different set of rules.

Quote:
“I feel bad,” Rychel said. “(Missing the playoffs) lights a fire under me. I want to do everything to correct it. At the same time, all those guys in the (dressing) room should feel it, too.”
Sounds like those rumors about Warren leaving are false.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 03-16-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Ottomatic

Mikhail Grigorenko back to the Patrick Roy owned Quebec Ramparts - after Buffalo decides to return him to juniors just in time for their play-offs, though only after having his contract guaranteed and burning a year of his contract.

Yeah that deal is on the up and up.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:00 PM
KnightSpit

Maletta Trade after the fact ?

I know things were not working out for Maletta, but I still think the guy is going to break out at some point. Maybe it was not to be in WINDSOR, but next year could be the year the kid hits the mark.

I still think he has all the tools and size for sure to be a top power forward. Maybe the injury just starting out, derailed him a bit.

Anyone agree, or care to differ.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:03 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I think Pav and the spits will hang on for the first 10 minutes or so and then he flood gates will open wide and plymouth will build a big lead and then the chippy play will start because the spitfires have nothing else to play for really...this is just a prediction but I'd say somewhere around 7-3 along with 3 or 4 fights.
You're probably bang on about the first 10 minutes and the number of fights. Spits problem is no Bilcke and Clark is on a tether...if he fights he misses the game Sunday.
That leaves only Bowen and maybe Percy to handle the rough stuff.

If I were Plymouth I'd get as physical as I could and wear down the short bench, keeping in mind you don't want suspensions.

Trocheck is in the race for top scorer in the OHL so you have to expect him to get set up time after time after time. If I had to put up my own $$$ I'd bet on a pond hockey game ---run and gun. Say 10-5 with Pavelka getting pulled after 5 goals against....

Old
03-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
You're probably bang on about the first 10 minutes and the number of fights. Spits problem is no Bilcke and Clark is on a tether...if he fights he misses the game Sunday.
That leaves only Bowen and maybe Percy to handle the rough stuff.

If I were Plymouth I'd get as physical as I could and wear down the short bench, keeping in mind you don't want suspensions.

Trocheck is in the race for top scorer in the OHL so you have to expect him to get set up time after time after time. If I had to put up my own $$$ I'd bet on a pond hockey game ---run and gun. Say 10-5 with Pavelka getting pulled after 5 goals against....
Yea but at this time of year a lot of players anger will get the best of em and players like Rychel, Vail and a lot of others such as Verbeek, Sanvido, Studnicka, and so on... It's the last two game and there frustrated so anything can happen I just hope the spits don't come out at 50% like they did against the Attack and get there ***es handed to them, I mean play with some freakin pride.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Rychel thought Soo would bend over twice and pass on Ho-Sang and then on Tolchinsky. Could have easily traded up - but the league revolved around what Warren wants, or so he believes. You think he would have learned this lesson when Barrie drafted Kerby after WR tries to play silly games there too.

Umm...Devlin and Schoemakers were traded for Murphy, Clarke and 2 seconds were traded for Koekkoek.

This is a ******* thing to say about Posa. Also it's impossible to expect leaders when everybody knows it's Kerby's lockerroom and either you're buddies with Kerby or you're a nobody.

Gee, why don't we have that first rounder Warren? And who did you trade our second rounder for? Devlin or Marchese? Butcher shouldn't come over, either should Allen. And I think we know how the Schmaltz family thinks about Windsor already.

Never the coaching staffs fault obviously. Let's bring back the same group - the majority owner, the majority owners best buddy and the majority owners brother-in-law.

Kinda hard to preach this on everybody else when Kerby seems to have a different set of rules.

Sounds like those rumors about Warren leaving are false.
Happy to see your post... it saved me from the same type of post. As for the managerial side of the team I agree that they share a great deal of the blame. I certainly don't know how many teams are coached by the majority owner and managed by the minority owner but I can't imagine there are many. In most cases I guess the owner decides the fate of the GM /coaching staff. How could BB fire WR, who admits his poor decision making publicly?...

Old
03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
hockeylegend11

maletta

I think Maletta will bomb out,he has not played well in NF, he does not have top end speed.does not shoot enough.does not always show up.and while his size is appealing he does not compete hard enough for me.perhaps he thinks he is better then what he is,he felt after leaving here,that he deserved more icetime,not sure he deserved it imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
I know things were not working out for Maletta, but I still think the guy is going to break out at some point. Maybe it was not to be in WINDSOR, but next year could be the year the kid hits the mark.

I still think he has all the tools and size for sure to be a top power forward. Maybe the injury just starting out, derailed him a bit.

Anyone agree, or care to differ.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:10 PM
RayzorIsDull

3g 5a in 26 games. He should get more time next year when Strome, Ritchie and Shipley are gone but I don't see him suddenly turning it on. Verhaege, DiFruscia will have to carry the load and hope guys like Perlini improve. Maletta will bust but I am sure if you asked him he would tell you he's a great player.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:39 PM
hockeylegend11

maletta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
3g 5a in 26 games. He should get imore time next year when Strome, Ritchie and Shipley are gone but I don't see him suddenly turning it on. Verhaege, DiFruscia will have to carry the load and hope guys like Perlini improve. Maletta will bust but I am sure if you asked him he would tell you he's a great player.
I think perlini has some upside,can't say the same about Maletta,going to his hometown might be worse then playing in another city

Old
03-16-2013, 10:41 PM
OHLTG

A few quick thoughts from tonight before I head to work:

- Windsor really made a game of this. Pavelka stood on his head, but the Spits never gave up. It was a different feeling out there.

- Bilcke played, got into a fight, and played well in general. They're using him down low, which I like to see.

- The game had some rough moments, but not like you'd normally see. Levi got tossed for spearing Vail after Vail ran into the Ply goalie at the edge of the crease. It didn't LOOK that serious, but Plymouth was all over Vail at that point. Kinda made you wonder if they'd have been so forceful about it had it been Bowen, Bilcke, or someone of that niche.

- 4-3 Plymouth final, btw.

- No idea what to expect tomorrow, but with a few guys below the 10-fight limit, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a throw away, and throw-down game.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:53 AM
hockeylegend11

Maybe I am getting soft but unless the Whalers do something stupid or act arrogantly
I would rather not see a fight fest,a couple yes but all in out war no
Whalers will probably sit some other guys then Wilson,Rackell,Hartman and McDonald,though with Trochek only 2 pts from tying and 3 from winning the scoring title,as well as 1 loss in the their last 16 games,Windsor is the only team to beat them in that stretch so not sure
who sits and who plays
With Windsor I expect the same 19 players that dressed last nite unless somebody got hurt ,Bilcke sits at 10 fites,1 was instigated upon,so he has 1 to give,Bowen has 10 fights
now so he has none to give and Clark has 11 and it does not matter
Maybe he will go out and have 3 fights,go out with a bang,not advocating just saying
I just want the team to play with pride like last night and like last Sunday vs London
I am sure the Whalers dont want to have any important players get hurt or suspended as result of todays game,while Clark plays his last OHL game,dont what to expect from him,and Bowen will probably play his last game as a Spit so ?
Things might get interesting,will more then likely depend on the Whalers approach to this one

Old
03-17-2013, 09:13 AM
WhalerBlue

Windsor has nothing to lose. Why not run the Plymouth goalie twice? Too bad Plymouth can't call in a loss and just stay home today. Plymouth has everything to lose if they engage the Spits. I expect that the Spits will put on a fine show today. Percy instigating the fight with Mistele was priceless. It gets better when he doesn't get the instigator minor. Mistele did not want to go. Percy forced that issue until there was no recourse. Payne on the other hand, took up Bilcke' offer. Wasn't that good of a tilt. Hopefully todays officials control this game from the drop of the puck and don't let it get out of hand. Normally this would be a rivalry game, but with the Spits going home on Monday, not so much.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Libbs

Just play the game. Spits season is over. Plymouth is division champs.

If this games turns into a circus, I will lose some respect for Boughner. There is no need for any shenanigans.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:33 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post

If this games turns into a circus, I will lose some respect for Boughner. There is no need for any shenanigans.
I agree fully unless the Whales do something stupid,cant see them doing that too
risky
Play hard,show pride like last night

Old
03-17-2013, 09:39 AM
go4john

Check out Heard's goal on the Plymouth thread. Now I now why Mike Miller kept saying "wow!" Sick moves.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:14 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post

I agree, just go out play your 60 minutes and work hard for next year. Plymouth isn't looking for a brawl that can be guaranteed, why start one?

Old
03-17-2013, 12:42 PM
massey

Quote:
I agree, just go out play your 60 minutes and work hard for next year. Plymouth isn't looking for a brawl that can be guaranteed, why start one?
Please help us Sting fans out.take as many Whalers out today as possible.We could use all the help we can get.LOL

Old
03-17-2013, 12:45 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I agree fully unless the Whales do something stupid,cant see them doing that too risky
Play hard,show pride like last night
Hope the boys play a good game and the rough stuff is kept to a reasonable level.
My guess is the refs will call everything to keep things from getting out of hand.
Fans expecting a beat down game will probably be disappointed... you can expect 10 min & game misconducts being tacked on to prevent repetitive fights....

Old
03-17-2013, 12:50 PM
etr102

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
A few quick thoughts from tonight before I head to work:

- Windsor really made a game of this. Pavelka stood on his head, but the Spits never gave up. It was a different feeling out there.

- Bilcke played, got into a fight, and played well in general. They're using him down low, which I like to see.

- The game had some rough moments, but not like you'd normally see. Levi got tossed for spearing Vail after Vail ran into the Ply goalie at the edge of the crease. It didn't LOOK that serious, but Plymouth was all over Vail at that point. Kinda made you wonder if they'd have been so forceful about it had it been Bowen, Bilcke, or someone of that niche.

- 4-3 Plymouth final, btw.

- No idea what to expect tomorrow, but with a few guys below the 10-fight limit, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a throw away, and throw-down game.
I agree with all that you say here, but I wanted to add that the Compuware Arena was rocking last night. The Whalers have a great set of fans and they were extremely loud last night. I miss the days when Windsor crowds were that loud, but maybe the atmosphere will return if we start winning again.

Man those seats are uncomfortable though. I think if I lived in Plymouth and I was an STH, I'd get my seats in row N (that last row with bleacher style seats) as that is the only row with room for my knees.

I can't say enough good things about the Plymouth fans though, they are great people and it's always a pleasure to attend games there.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:59 PM
punch1943

After Two Periods...boring hockey

Both teams playing as if they wish the game was over. To this point it's been a boring effort by both teams...trying to lull the fans to sleep.

Vincent Trocheck will probably get the rest of the game off after his next point.
Perhaps Clark will spice things up in the 3rd........

Old
03-17-2013, 04:24 PM
RayzorIsDull

Disgraceful what Clark decided to do at the end, selfish move by a selfish player. That's the type of OAs the Spits decide to bring aboard? Clark is all but telling the other players what he did is acceptable.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Disgraceful what Clark decided to do at the end, selfish move by a selfish player. That's the type of OAs the Spits decide to bring aboard? Clark is all but telling the other players what he did is acceptable.
Good riddance to that clown!

And shame on Boughner for letting it happen. What's sad is that is wasn't the first time this crap has happened and there was no message sent.

Closed Thread