HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Millionaires vs. Detroit Winged Wheelers - 7:00 p.m, HNIC Telegraph Service

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 01:29 PM
  #51
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Embrace the hate
Posts: 8,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMY5 View Post
Adding to your idea they should do No Glass or netting if your sitting front row bring your Jason mask's


The netting was a total over reaction. It shouldn't be there anyway.

LolClarkson* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:30 PM
  #52
Proto
Registered User
 
Proto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,455
vCash: 500
The dumbest thing about this Ballard situation is that AV has absolutely destroyed any trade value Ballard had built up early in the season. It's just incredibly stupid from an on-ice and off-ice perspective.

Proto is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:38 PM
  #53
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The dumbest thing about this Ballard situation is that AV has absolutely destroyed any trade value Ballard had built up early in the season. It's just incredibly stupid from an on-ice and off-ice perspective.
Which is why I won't shed any tears when AV is eventually fired (as most NHL coaches do eventually get fired). In his case, it'll be his own fault - with nobody to blame. Having a $4+ million contract stuck on the team sitting in the pressbox will be "great" come next season when the cap shrinks by a good chunk.

As the great Ajax said in the movie "The Warriors":

"ahh **** him...".

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
  #54
Anodyne
Registered User
 
Anodyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The dumbest thing about this Ballard situation is that AV has absolutely destroyed any trade value Ballard had built up early in the season. It's just incredibly stupid from an on-ice and off-ice perspective.
I'd be surprised if Gillis is on the same page as AV (re Ballard) for this reason as well as the fact he remained very supportive of Ballard's role here during the off season, but then again, he does have "all the faith in the world in Alain." I guess Keith is a salary dump by this point, but we could have gotten a needed playoff part back for him had AV not needlessly created the illusion of an unplayable defenseman.

Anodyne is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
  #55
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Ugh, what is AV's infatuation with useless plugs like Weise and Alberts??
Alberts makes Weise look like - well, like Dutch Gretzky. Weise at least works within his skill set, Alberts is just a train wreck all over the ice.

The treatment of Ballard is maddening. If you're not happy with his play, you don't hurt the team as a whole by scratching him and dressing an inferior player who gives your team less of a chance to win. You reduce his ice time, or pair him with a babysitter (any of Hamhuis, Garrison or Tanev would work).

Instead, you create subtraction by addition putting Alberts in, further drive down Ballard's confidence and that's to say nothing of his trade value as an asset.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:46 PM
  #56
Proto
Registered User
 
Proto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Which is why I won't shed any tears when AV is eventually fired (as most NHL coaches do eventually get fired). In his case, it'll be his own fault - with nobody to blame. Having a $4+ million contract stuck on the team sitting in the pressbox will be "great" come next season when the cap shrinks by a good chunk.

As the great Ajax said in the movie "The Warriors":

"ahh **** him...".
Well, at this rate nobody is going to trade for him, if only because they know he'll be bought out otherwise. So if you're AV, you're basically going to cost Aquaman millions of dollars to buy this guy out, just so you can ice an inferior lineup. And for what reason? It's really just hard to understand.

Proto is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 01:47 PM
  #57
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
I guess Keith is a salary dump by this point
We can't afford to take a garbage contract back either seeing as our cap situation will be fairly tight as it is. Maybe a buyout contract? If so, that'll make the owners happy right? Idiotic way of handling an asset that might have had some value - to the point of lunacy.

Anyhow, enough of the depressing talk....here's to hoping at least we don't notice Alberts in this game (which is what you want from him).

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:30 PM
  #58
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Ooooo just wait until the Bieksa/Alberts pairing is out there against Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

And dammit, our boys in blue and green, yellow and black, yellow, black and orange, yellow, black and some orangey-reddish colour, black, purpleish and white, blue, green and white, purple and white had better step a long way up for this one. No excuses tonight.
Wait, so is that color called purple in Canada???

Stories Tales Lies is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:32 PM
  #59
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, at this rate nobody is going to trade for him, if only because they know he'll be bought out otherwise. So if you're AV, you're basically going to cost Aquaman millions of dollars to buy this guy out, just so you can ice an inferior lineup. And for what reason? It's really just hard to understand.
I remember laughing last game thinking how long Ballard would be exiled to Siberia if he'd had a performance like Bieksa did. And then to cap it off Bieksa actually got promoted partway through the game.

Honestly, I could see that kind of crap really hurting a coach's reputation with his players. Everyone there is extremely competitive and I'm sure it must be pretty galling to see the coach play favorites and dress an inferior lineup.

opendoor is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:35 PM
  #60
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 50
Interesting about Kassian being out with back pain. Do you guys think that maybe his play has suffered after the first few games of the season because of possible back pain? I know he had a great start to the season, but I also remember at some time near the beginning of the season that he was having trouble with his back. Maybe it never went away? I know he played great in the last game, but I hope that some of his disappearing in previous games has to do with his back. Hopefully it starts to feel better.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:45 PM
  #61
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,394
vCash: 500
So we trade a guy that broke his back and re-injured it for Kassian and it's Kassian that has been dealing with nagging back issues for over 4 months? Wouldn't have it any other way.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:47 PM
  #62
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,433
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Interesting about Kassian being out with back pain. Do you guys think that maybe his play has suffered after the first few games of the season because of possible back pain? I know he had a great start to the season, but I also remember at some time near the beginning of the season that he was having trouble with his back. Maybe it never went away? I know he played great in the last game, but I hope that some of his disappearing in previous games has to do with his back. Hopefully it starts to feel better.
pretty sure he had some sort of back issue during training camp, so it could of lingered until now pretty easily. Hope it's nothing serious

LPH is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:50 PM
  #63
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,532
vCash: 50
cute little GDT

Lucbourdon is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 02:57 PM
  #64
vector209
Registered User
 
vector209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Kassian will be fine in no time. He'll just eat someone during rehab for a 1UP and be good as new next season.

vector209 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:21 PM
  #65
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat
 
Huntershin Karuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
So we trade a guy that broke his back and re-injured it for Kassian and it's Kassian that has been dealing with nagging back issues for over 4 months? Wouldn't have it any other way.
While Hodgson goes on to several PPG seasons en route to a Sabres Cup.

Typical Canuck luck right there.

Huntershin Karuk is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:32 PM
  #66
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,433
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
While Hodgson goes on to several PPG seasons en route to a Sabres Cup.

Typical Canuck luck right there.
seems like the Sabres are more likely a bottom feeder than a cup contender right now

LPH is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:32 PM
  #67
Samzilla
Registered User
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,311
vCash: 934
Jeebus christ, can anyone stop minnesota? Looks like we're gonna need to win this one as well unless colorado can find some magic.

Samzilla is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
  #68
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight
 
LightningBurrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 93
I'm gonna guess 3-2 Canucks in OT

Burrrows
Bieksa
D.Sedin

Brunner
Abdelkader

LightningBurrows is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
  #69
elias026
Registered User
 
elias026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,013
vCash: 500
Who's in nets for you guys tonight or is it still to early to know?

elias026 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  #70
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,507
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
Who's in nets for you guys tonight or is it still to early to know?
I believe Brad Zeimer yesterday reported that Luongo is expected to start.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:51 PM
  #71
mossey3535
Registered User
 
mossey3535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I remember laughing last game thinking how long Ballard would be exiled to Siberia if he'd had a performance like Bieksa did. And then to cap it off Bieksa actually got promoted partway through the game.

Honestly, I could see that kind of crap really hurting a coach's reputation with his players. Everyone there is extremely competitive and I'm sure it must be pretty galling to see the coach play favorites and dress an inferior lineup.
I agree. Some guys will be pissed off knowing they basically have no chance, and others will get complacent.

The whole Ballard makes even less sense this year. This year he and Tanev were our best pair early on. I'll grant that there was a debate about Ballard's play last year - although I disagree, at least there was some question. This year benching him is just plain stupid.

He is NOT a salary dump however. I'm sure there a number of teams out there that think he is a good asset for $4M. I bet we haven't even been shopping him. However, less teams are willing to take on any salary for next year...so, yeah, AV has not put us into a good situation.

mossey3535 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
  #72
elias026
Registered User
 
elias026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I believe Brad Zeimer yesterday reported that Luongo is expected to start.
thanks

elias026 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:54 PM
  #73
Samzilla
Registered User
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,311
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
He is NOT a salary dump however. I'm sure there a number of teams out there that think he is a good asset for $4M. I bet we haven't even been shopping him. However, less teams are willing to take on any salary for next year...so, yeah, AV has not put us into a good situation.
Waddya mean? AV has put us in the best position to win every night. All hail the coin.

Samzilla is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:57 PM
  #74
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I could see us getting smoked again. Not sure what's going on with Nashville, but our play against them seems a fair bit less impressive seeing as how Calgary walloped them just as thoroughly right after we did, so I'm not putting a whole lot of stock in that "domination".

Really don't know what to expect here...

 
Old
03-16-2013, 04:15 PM
  #75
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
I'd be surprised if Gillis is on the same page as AV (re Ballard) for this reason as well as the fact he remained very supportive of Ballard's role here during the off season, but then again, he does have "all the faith in the world in Alain." I guess Keith is a salary dump by this point, but we could have gotten a needed playoff part back for him had AV not needlessly created the illusion of an unplayable defenseman.
Ballard should in the line up and especially when you consider how it's completely taken away his trade value so you'd think Gillis would talk to AV about this vendetta he has against Ballard. Yet it doesn't look like he has talked to him or else Ballard would probably be in the line up.

VanCanucks14 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.