HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Penguins 3/16/13 - Manbearpig Strikes Again

View Poll Results: Player of the Game?
Henrik Lundqvist? lol jk 19 20.21%
Everyone else? lol jk 5 5.32%
Manbearpig 70 74.47%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-16-2013, 02:38 PM
mike14

vCash: 500
Terrible game. I don't think there was one Ranger who you could say had a good game. they were out worked from start to finish.
The difference in skill between our top 6 forwards and bottom 6 forwards is too great. I realise that we had to give up those 'tweener' players to get Nash, but Slats had to do something to bring in a few replacements.

When is Staal going to be back? The current D group is running around far to much in their own zone, also, they can't give a breakout pass to save their lives

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
never been a big fan of miller. yes he has pyck poise but he is a turnover machine and he cant shoot
He is a turnover machine but he is VERY young and playing with Boyle aka the black hole. He cant shoot? Have you seen his first goal?

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
What that kid needs is more Jam!

Even the "jam" is missing from our game. We just have a bunch of mis-matched parts.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:39 PM
PromNite
Cloud Strife

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Tort will not be fired this season, guys. The "Fire Torts" crowd can really just can it already. He'll get the rest of the season, and possibly the start of next season depending on how we finish.

If we blow chunks starting next season, he'll be gone. That's a fact.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDunna with Fries

Where the **** is our offense

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riverdale

"we had some good chances" blah blah blah "we stunk" blah blah blah

Probably the gist of Tort's post-game comments

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
He's disgusted. Blah blah blah

There was an article a few days ago that said that Torts NEVER takes any responsibility. I agree Torts ego is huge. Yes he won a stanley cup but that was years ago

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well you can make a modest trade and pray that team folds or get fleeced by a gutter team and make sure it's top 10. I go for the latter.
You mean the former? Or you're in favor of paying up for a guaranteed top 10 pick?

I'm not in favor of getting fleeced, obviously, but I don't want to just trade for a first because. It would be huge for this team to draft like 5th overall. Drafting 16th overall isn't going to help much, for several years. If that's going to be the case, I don't necessarily MIND trading for the pick, but it's not a priority for me either. Having a first this year so that they can be a rookie who needs seasoning and a few more years to develop, in the 2015-2016 season isn't on the top of my list. A kid who might be special and can come in in a year or two and actually be an impact player is a different story, but the price tag is in a different ballpark.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post

Even the "jam" is missing from our game. We just have a bunch of mis-matched parts.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:40 PM
NYR510

If they keep losing I'd like to see Kreider playing a lot. Really no reason not to. It'll only make him better.

NYR510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
He is a turnover machine but he is VERY young and playing with Boyle aka the black hole. He cant shoot? Have you seen his first goal?
Fine but Kreider was plaing with trash and he didnt get as many chances as miller does

Old
DoTheBlue
No chokemon allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Tort will not be fired this season, guys. The "Fire Torts" crowd can really just can it already. He'll get the rest of the season, and possibly the start of next season depending on how we finish.

If we blow chunks starting next season, he'll be gone. That's a fact.
That's the way I see it going down also.

5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Wow even on the Pen's board, they are saying the Rangers are playing like they want Tortorella fired.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:41 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR510 View Post
If they keep losing I'd like to see Kreider playing a lot. Really no reason not to. It'll only make him better.
Wont happen with Torts here. Until Kreider basically blocks shots all the time and forgets offense he will never play lol

Old
03-16-2013, 02:41 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I'm with you man, I agree with the philosophy regarding not giving up and watching even if we are dead last. But what makes this hurt even more is we gutted half of our team for a "superstar" that can't play defense, takes stupid penalties, but makes nice dekes here and there and is our leading scorer. I honestly think if we kept our team together from last season, we would be doing much better. We were supposed to be the big bad wolf of the East. Now we can't even get out of our own zone...we use the board and the walls, everybody knows Tort's system is very weak. It relies on fluky goals and plays from behind the net. Can we PLEASE get a change of attitude and mentality? I am tired of Torts because he doesn't take the blame, he always deflects it to the players. He never adjusts in-game. He just has no pulse on the team...

I agree with taking Richards off the team. We play better without him slowing us down. I really want Tortorella and Richards far,far away off this team.
We traded two forwards, a pick and a prospect. In hindsight, Sather really, really should have made a serious effort to hold on to everyone aside from Dubi and AA. Losing only them would have softened the blow IMO, but they lost both of them, Prust, Feds and even Mitchell, who was a useful player in his role and comfortable in this system.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
That's the way I see it going down also.
That's a shame because this season can be salvaged. I just see minimal effort and Gaborik has clearly quit on this coach.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
We traded two forwards, a pick and a prospect. In hindsight, Sather really, really should have made a serious effort to hold on to everyone aside from Dubi and AA. Losing only them would have softened the blow IMO, but they lost both of them, Prust, Feds and even Mitchell, who was a useful player in his role and comfortable in this system.
Sather failed to replace them. Plain and simple. They weren't lighting the world on fire last season but our bottom 6 now is even worse

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:43 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Mitchell, Prust, Fedotenko > Asham, Pyatt, Halpern.

That's a legit third line for a 4th line.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:43 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Wow even on the Pen's board, they are saying the Rangers are playing like they want Tortorella fired.
Some Ranger fans want to act oblivious to it, but at the end of the day:

Gaborik
Richards
Nash

And this team is struggling to score goals?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
You mean the former? Or you're in favor of paying up for a guaranteed top 10 pick?

I'm not in favor of getting fleeced, obviously, but I don't want to just trade for a first because. It would be huge for this team to draft like 5th overall. Drafting 16th overall isn't going to help much, for several years. If that's going to be the case, I don't necessarily MIND trading for the pick, but it's not a priority for me either. Having a first this year so that they can be a rookie who needs seasoning and a few more years to develop, in the 2015-2016 season isn't on the top of my list. A kid who might be special and can come in in a year or two and actually be an impact player is a different story, but the price tag is in a different ballpark.
At this point I'd trade McDonagh to Edmonton for their first. All the elite offensive talent these days comes from the draft. The only ones that hit free agency are the ones that are soft and inconsistent. Name an elite offensive talent, and 95% he's playing for the team that drafted him. I'm sick of not scoring and I'm sick of this team not drafting elite forwards. Who's the last elite forward we drafted, Andy ****ing Bathgate?

Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
14th in the East in goals.

SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I agree with this. If you're going to bite the bullet and move two serviceable, middle-six, homegrown guys from he core, make every effort to limit overall roster turnover elsewhere. I'd gladly overpay Prust by .75M and still have Feds and Mitchell on the roster, just because it keeps the team more cohesive and keeps the family vibe. Too much overall turnover seems to have washed away the glue. The guys don't seem to care for each other, the sweater, or anything else right now.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Bardof425*

Taylor Pyatt is a 4th line player. Brian Boyle is a 4th line player. JT Miller at this point in his career is a 4th line player. They are out 3rd line. That's one problem. Our offensive players have quit on this coach. Torts and his stubborness and arrogance have gutted this team. Right now we suck; not much else to say except fire this jackass and turn the page. It cannot get worse. If Gaborik doesn't start trying for the new guy, move him for whatever.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:45 PM
mooskating
flex

anybody want nash? i'll take a our cbj 1st pick at this point

mooskating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Sather failed to replace them. Plain and simple. They weren't lighting the world on fire last season but our bottom 6 now is even worse
TRUE! Even if he can bring in someone like Prust, just a guy that plays his heart out and adds toughness and stands up for his teammates. Sather NEEDS to get a guy like that SOON!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote