HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
LOL. Yes, I think most fans hope that their team manages to brutally swindle another team. Let's say that the likelihood of such a deal is none. Not slim to none. None.

Eriksson isn't getting traded, and certainly not for Gaborik.
did I say I wish/hope

I just dont want them to give Gabby away, he could all of a sudden start sniping.

Cap wise it makes sense for them to move him in the offseason atleast, get a back in the draft with a 1st plus a good winger and prospect

What would San Jose give up? I assume Pavelski is in the same category as Eriksson.............I dont mind Boyle but they need Clowe back as well. Just worried that helps the D a ton but leaves the Forward group waaaaay worse

Old
03-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Eriksson will not be traded. It was a mistake to trade Neal. They have Benn and Eriksson left. I can't see them trading either.
if Morrow gets dealt, Eriksson should be their next captain...

Old
03-16-2013, 11:59 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
sooooo did anyone see Glencross score a hat trick last night? I still think Tanguay, Glencross Plus for Gabby is not terrible
Of course you don't. That's because you refuse to consider why the Flames would want Gaborik.

03-16-2013, 11:59 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
did I say I wish/hope

I just dont want them to give Gabby away, he could all of a sudden start sniping.

Cap wise it makes sense for them to move him in the offseason atleast, get a back in the draft with a 1st plus a good winger and prospect

What would San Jose give up? I assume Pavelski is in the same category as Eriksson.............I dont mind Boyle but they need Clowe back as well. Just worried that helps the D a ton but leaves the Forward group waaaaay worse
I hope you're not suggesting a package centered around gaborik for clowe....

Old
03-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I hope you're not suggesting a package centered around gaborik for clowe....
nah Dan Boyle on D but even then its not enough, they need a Forward back to replace Gaborik and Clowe has well no goals last time i looked

the Wings are a team that have been kind of stale for a while...........would they move Franzen since he has as long contract? that would be ideal

if not do the Rangers take something like Filpula, White both UFA, Abdeklader and ideally a top prospect like Nyquist( i wish but doubt/likely another or 1st) for Gaborik, Boyle, Gilroy , Bickel?..............that's obviously alot of bodies

Last edited by Vitto79: 03-16-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 02:43 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I feel like there are a number of guys who quite simply don't fit this team and should be moved for that reason as much as lack of performance. In fact, I think the lack of performance has more to do with the poor fit than lack of talent or even effort.

Getting rid of guys like Gaborik and Boyle (regardless of how much he's "loved" in the locker room) would be additions, not just in terms of what they might bring back, but also by subtraction - because their removal would eliminate burdens to this team playing more cohesively.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:49 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I feel like there are a number of guys who quite simply don't fit this team and should be moved for that reason as much as lack of performance. In fact, I think the lack of performance has more to do with the poor fit than lack of talent or even effort.

Getting rid of guys like Gaborik and Boyle (regardless of how much he's "loved" in the locker room) would be additions, not just in terms of what they might bring back, but also by subtraction - because their removal would eliminate burdens to this team playing more cohesively.
I still say can Torts. Let's face it, the man is a one trick pony who doesn't have a clue what to do with this except for shifting players all over the place.

Get a new coach and if Gabby and others are playing like **** (Which would mean getting into the postseason is less than zero), I'd start trading away players.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Boyle will be gone by the deadline. if not i will be shocked.
Vancouver seems like a logical bet for Boyle.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Vancouver seems like a logical bet for Boyle.
Boyle and 3rd for Raymond??

Old
03-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Boyle and 3rd for Raymond??
Sorry not interested in that. Raymond has been lights out for us this year, even though he's a FA at years end he's still a valuable piece to us. Anything else of interest? Maybe Higgins? Futures?

Old
03-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Sorry not interested in that. Raymond has been lights out for us this year, even though he's a FA at years end he's still a valuable piece to us. Anything else of interest? Maybe Higgins? Futures?
We already had Higgins fail here in NY. And I guess futures could help us. This season is being flushed down the toilet anyway.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:13 PM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

Quote:
Rangers Yotes trade proposal

Rangers trade Brian Boyle and Ryan Bourque
Yotes trade Raffi Torres and Phil Lane

Rangers need more offense from the bottom lines. Yes Torres is wreckless at times but when he is not, he does have some talent..
Even if he's reckless and stupid at times he'd bring some intensity to the games, something that just don't exist on this team atm.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
We already had Higgins fail here in NY. And I guess futures could help us. This season is being flushed down the toilet anyway.
What type of futures would be of interest? I still think you guys could turn the ship around, so it would make the futures thing moot. But just for conversation sake what would be of interest?

Old
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I was really excited for the trade deadline a month ago. Thinking some big name rental players may be available. Never really thought they would be on the outside looking in during the third quarter of this season. I'm not so sure making a big move is in the plans anymore. Not so sure if they are buyers or sellers at this point?

Last edited by Lion Hound: 03-16-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Honestly, I don't see any trade line moves that are going to help this team significantly.

They may move some people to open some cap or get draft picks.

But nothing would help all that much at this point imo..

Ranger have systemic problems..

Old
03-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
What type of futures would be of interest? I still think you guys could turn the ship around, so it would make the futures thing moot. But just for conversation sake what would be of interest?
Not gonna lie, I'm not too familiar with Canucks prospects, and there's no point in going to HF and picking guys out of a hat.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:58 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Both players had their best seasons here with this coach and this system and now they don't fit?

Old
03-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Trident

He disappears in the playoffs so if he can't do it in the regular season any longer, get rid of him while you can get something decent in return, before he completely falls of the cliff.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Both players had their best seasons here with this coach and this system and now they don't fit?
I think so. Those squads were slower and more built to work the zone. For better or for worse, this team is more north/south, fast and physical. They're a lot more Callahan/Hagelin and a lot less Gabby/Anisimov, if you follow me.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe both those players - if they were having good seasons - would be able to fit as well with this squad as they did with the previous years' squads. But, don't you see their play (not their quality of play, but their style of play) not fitting in with the current squad? That's what I see.

Richards, on the other hand, seems to be playing closer to the same style as the rest of the team - he's just doing it terribly, terribly badly.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I think so. Those squads were slower and more built to work the zone. For better or for worse, this team is more north/south, fast and physical. They're a lot more Callahan/Hagelin and a lot less Gabby/Anisimov, if you follow me.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe both those players - if they were having good seasons - would be able to fit as well with this squad as they did with the previous years' squads. But, don't you see their play (not their quality of play, but their style of play) not fitting in with the current squad? That's what I see.

Richards, on the other hand, seems to be playing closer to the same style as the rest of the team - he's just doing it terribly, terribly badly.
This team is more physical than last years team? I certainly disagree with that.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Nikita4

Leve Gaborik on RW where he belongs and he's comfortable.

Get rid of Torts.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Dorado*

Blow it up

Old
03-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's right pal, they don't fit here anymore because one of them has zero offensive ability and the other one is a lazy pos who only plays when he's in the mood!

Old
03-16-2013, 05:07 PM
NikC

maybe we can call up one of the Ferraro brothers?

Old
03-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Dorado*

Buy out Brad
Get best available package for Gaborik
Boyle
PYatt
ASHAM
Girardi .
Play all your kids including the swedes
It's over this team is t pulling a LAk there's no Drew Doughty on this team face it

Closed Thread