HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla Trade Rumours Thread Part 1: Pit, Bos, La, Chi interested

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 03:40 PM
  #226
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
ManInTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kampuchia
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Besides the fact that he always disappoints in the NHL playoffs where would he play?
He'd be the second guy to hoist the cup.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:41 PM
  #227
Kbs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Then they won't get Iginla.
I think they'd be fine without Iginla if that were the case. There is a limit that teams will pay even if there is a bidding war.

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:41 PM
  #228
Lim Ran
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,655
vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Then they won't get Iginla.
Jay Feaster?


Last edited by Lim Ran: 03-16-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:42 PM
  #229
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,228
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Oh damn, well thanks for the clear up
Yeah it was definitely Bourque spearing Doughty...Gio was famous to us for that game where he wrecked Dustin Brown's life. I swear Giordano was just stalking him..he must have hit him HARD at least 10 times

We should try to land Giordano along with Iggy just so Brown can feel safer on the ice.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
  #230
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Kings will give you a 1st if Iginla scores the cup winning goal. Other than that don't expect much from LA.
Okay Dean Lombardi

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
  #231
redbeard7737
Registered User
 
redbeard7737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Then don't expect to land Iginla. I don't think you people realize how this process works. These teams - Chi, LA, Bos, Pit - are all interested in acquiring Iginla for a Cup run, therefore they will pay the price that Calgary asks. For example, if Calgary says they want 5 1st round picks, these teams will fork over 5 1st round picks. It's that simple.

Go back one page and read the Calgary Herald article. Calgary's mgmt and ownership is perfectly content with Iggy walking away as a free agent this summer, rather than trade him away for what they believe is less than fair value for their franchise player.
what? this is ridiculous, you actually think the inquiring teams will pay WHATEVER calgary asks?...good luck with that, the guy is a shell of his former self and the Flames will be lucky to get 1 1st and some minor pieces, but if they shoot for the moon, then they will lose him for nothing; the guy is wanting a Cup no doubt, he is a competitor, so I cant see him re-signing with the Flames in the off season when he knows there is 0 chance of them being competitive for the next 5 years...and before you argue 5 years, who is the team building around? baertschi? yay! nemisz? double yay! They are the worst run organization I can think of and that includes the Islanders because at least the Islanders can admit they suck and make some trades to assist in the rebuild.

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  #232
Lim Ran
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,655
vCash: 987
No but really, I think it's probably even the likely scenario that Iggy stays put. Really, it's a combination of inept management and Jarome really probably not actually wanting to go anywhere.

Quote:
Iginla married his high school sweetheart, Kara, and the couple has three children: daughter Jade and sons Tij and Joe. They had been dating since they were in the eighth grade.
Doesn't really seem like a guy that bails when he has a better opportunity.

Doesn't mean it'd make any sense, though. I'm just saying that given the situation, I don't think Iginla goes anywhere.

Loyalty, inept management, and the fact that the Flames and their fans are going to expect a return completely out of proportion with an aging rental's worth stack the deck in favour of Iggy staying home.

Now, Corey Perry might yet move... but I think the Ducks' record makes that a pretty difficult thing to imagine as well.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  #233
flameaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim Ran View Post
You seem about as bright as... Wait a second.

Jay Feaster?
This is a future HOFer we're talking about, and our franchise player. The Flames don't care that he's 35 years old, or that he'll be a UFA in the summer. Iginla's NAME alone is worth a couple of 1sts.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:49 PM
  #234
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Please not Chicago Please Not Chicago Please Not Chicago.

Besides the fact that he always disappoints in the NHL playoffs where would he play?

Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa are the right wingers on this team and they are far superior to Iginla at this stage.

Chicago needs a center.
49 pts in 54 playoff games isnt that bad...hardly disappointing.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:51 PM
  #235
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
He'd be the second guy to hoist the cup.
So? what does that have to do with his poor playoff performances?

He's been around a long time now.. yay veterans usually are ones who get to touch the cup after the Captain.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:52 PM
  #236
Kbs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
This is a future HOFer we're talking about, and our franchise player. The Flames don't care that he's 35 years old, or that he'll be a UFA in the summer. Iginla's NAME alone is worth a couple of 1sts.
Other teams do.

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:52 PM
  #237
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,447
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
No. There will be no conditional 1st, unless the prospect is really good. Your best young pieces are untouchable (understandably so).. Seguin, Hamilton, and maybe Subban...

1st 2013
Caron
Khokhlachev

For

Iginla
Thats pretty close to my ideal realistic return from Boston, if that happened I wouldn't to upset with that.

Having said that most of the other interested teams can put up a similar offer. I think we will see a small bidding war..nothing outrageous but maybe the Flames get an extra 2nd or a surprisingly touted prospect.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
  #238
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,185
vCash: 500
Just my gut feeling but I don't think Iginla or Perry move at the deadline.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
  #239
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
49 pts in 54 playoff games isnt that bad...hardly disappointing.
For a player his stature and the hype he receives yes.. for being the supposed best leader in sports I believe it is disappointing.

Have you seen his numbers in Elimination games? Not someone to be counted on.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
  #240
flameaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Other teams do.
Then they shouldn't be inquiring about him if they're that concerned. Either pay the price that Calgary asks or get lost.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:56 PM
  #241
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
ManInTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kampuchia
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
49 pts in 54 playoff games isnt that bad...hardly disappointing.
agreed, he's scored at a 40 goal pace in the post season.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:57 PM
  #242
flameaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Just my gut feeling but I don't think Iginla or Perry move at the deadline.
I hope you're right. I don't want to see him go.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
  #243
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
ManInTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kampuchia
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Lol at Flames fans who think Iginla riding shotgun for the Cup is like the Olympics.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:03 PM
  #244
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
agreed, he's scored at a 40 goal pace in the post season.
It's just that when it really matters for the Flames he isn't there.

In the final two games of each playoff series starting with the 2004 SCF here is Iginla's combined stats.

10 games- 3 goals- 0 assists...- something.

Is that anything besides disappointing?

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:04 PM
  #245
ColoradoAvs
Ryan O'Money
 
ColoradoAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
I agree.
I believe that Flames fans will be disappointed with what they get for Iginla (if he is traded)

ColoradoAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:05 PM
  #246
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
Lol at Flames fans who think Iginla riding shotgun for the Cup is like the Olympics.
Considering Iginla was benched and moved around constantly last Olympics it is nothing like that.

Olympics not really a good indicator of well anything... if it was Rick Nash would probably be the best player in the world.. and uh LOL at that.

A tournament where they play 3..maybe 4 meaningful games.. not much

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:07 PM
  #247
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
It's just that when it really matters for the Flames he isn't there.

In the final two games of each playoff series starting with the 2004 SCF here is Iginla's combined stats.

10 games- 3 goals- 0 assists...- something.

Is that anything besides disappointing?
Why start here? So it helps your argument?

So you purposely choose to ignore the last games in each series before that?

3 games, 3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points.


Last edited by EastonBlues22: 03-16-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: not appropriate
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:12 PM
  #248
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Why start here? So it helps your argument?

So you purposely choose to ignore the last games in each series before that?

3 games, 3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points.
Because those are games where the Flames could have been eliminated... Or moved on.. the biggest games in the series.


Last edited by EastonBlues22: 03-16-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: qep
FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:15 PM
  #249
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Because those are games where the Flames could have been eliminated... Or moved on.. the biggest games in the series.
That's not what I said at all.

You said starting from the Stanley Cup Finals game 7 in 2004.

You purposely ignored the last games in each series before that to support your arguments. Your facts are selective. You ignore those those which disprove your theory, and blow out of proportion the stats that you think make you look smart.


Last edited by Ashasx: 03-16-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 04:16 PM
  #250
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
So? what does that have to do with his poor playoff performances?

He's been around a long time now.. yay veterans usually are ones who get to touch the cup after the Captain.
Not you again. I don't understand why you hate Iginla so much that you have to bash him on every Iginla thread on HF

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.