HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit a possibility!

Old
07-02-2006, 04:21 PM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

vCash: 500
1 year left at 1.9.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Talent Analyst

What do you think about a datsuyk ?

Gainey , Carbo , Muller will learn him to play with grit and hearth !!!

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
We will live and die wih Huet and Aebischer , yes Danis is an exellent young goalie but we have the opportunity to have one of the best tandem in the league. Lang for Zednik is something that would help , we take on an extra million ( or a bit more?) on the cap but Lang will be UFA and it looks like we are not going after anyone on the market.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownWingsfan View Post
Just to add my view on things here,being this is discussing Aebischer. Alot of Wings fans,myself included,don't see Aebischer as enough of an upgrade over Legace. As for the poster who asked if he beat Detroit one year in the playoffs,the answer is no. The only time he played as a starter in the playoffs,Colorado and Detroit didn't meet up at all.

As for Hasek,he will not be going back to Detroit. As one of you pointed out already,he caused way too many problems the last time he was there,and Holland made it clear right after that Hasek would not be a Red Wing again. They did re-sign Ozzie for the backup position,but he may still get the chance at some point during the season to win the starter job.

As for a Lang for Zednik trade goes,it sounds fair but what is his contract like? Also,how does he play? Detroit needs some speed and grit upfront,so it wouldn't make sense to trade for him if the contract is too much,or if he isn't the type of player that they need.
Zed is fairly cheap.... under 2mil for him

Speed? Zed has plenty

Grit? Yeah, he's got grit but doesn't always show it. He is virtually impossible to knock off the puck when he gets down low with his legs. He's somewhat predictable with his play recently though.

He is an extremly streak scorer who is coming off a poor season. He's been here for 6 years so a change of scenery may be just what the doctor ordered.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Mike8

My once-every-few-months gloating post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit felt Nabokov was elite, or if they wanted to give Hasek another shake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
It's possible Detroit feel Nabokov is an elite goalie but there is NO WAY they are re-signing Hasek after what happenned with him the 1st time He left in disgrace with a lot of players and members of management feeling hostility and resentment towards him.

Cross Hasek off that list; it ain't happening !
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownWingsfan View Post
As for Hasek,he will not be going back to Detroit. As one of you pointed out already,he caused way too many problems the last time he was there,and Holland made it clear right after that Hasek would not be a Red Wing again.

Relevance to current Montreal team: Detroit is officially not interested in Aebischer (or Biron) now. Both the Wings and Panthers are off the list.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 06:14 PM
tritone

Quote:
It's possible Detroit feel Nabokov is an elite goalie but there is NO WAY they are re-signing Hasek after what happenned with him the 1st time He left in disgrace with a lot of players and members of management feeling hostility and resentment towards him.

Cross Hasek off that list; it ain't happening !
good call mate , good call.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
good call mate , good call.
Thanx. I deserved that one. Believe it or not, I was logging in to dig out that old blunder of mine I still can not believe that happened. Detroit knows better than to get involved with this weirdo. Wasn't he too old for them like 3 years ago ???

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:09 PM
mommasue

Send a message via ICQ to mommasue Send a message via MSN to mommasue Send a message via Yahoo to mommasue
i guess they took hasek

mommasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:38 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Detroit needs a goaltender. They already said that they won't sign Legace. And the only goalies left on the UFA market are Belfour and Hasek...

So if you look at the goalie that are on the market (Aebischer, Giguere, Nabokov, Cloutier) Aebischer is the only form the East Conference

So might detroit be a the more possible place where we can trade Aebischer

Sorry for my poor English

can we say pwned. never believe rumour

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Hockeymom67

Quote:
Thanx. I deserved that one. Believe it or not, I was logging in to dig out that old blunder of mine I still can not believe that happened. Detroit knows better than to get involved with this weirdo. Wasn't he too old for them like 3 years ago ???
What are they thinking ?

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 08:30 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

I guess this will make them a good trading partner if Howard turns out not to be ready, Osgood turns out to be very average, and Hasek's groin flares up again. I actually suspect that Howard will do the job, though...

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote