HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 04:37 PM
  #951
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Big Naissak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton, Canucks.
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
Darren Archibald 6'3
Wes Myron 6'2
Alex Mallet 6'1
Ludwig Blomstrand 6'2 218

Big Naissak is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 05:25 PM
  #952
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Anyone know when lain and blooms read will join the wolves?

Ched Brosky is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 06:06 PM
  #953
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,967
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoe1 View Post
Nice to see Gaunce scoring some goals.

Since we are all stat scouting here, it does seem as though his numbers are fitting with his draft day reports.

Good north south player who is very good in his own zone and has a great shot.

I guess if he were up in the 1.25 to 1.75 ppg range that you typically see the really offensively gifted CHL players post, we might all be a bit more excited, but 32 goals in 59 games is really dam solid. Especially so when you consider what a poor start he had.
He's basically been 1.25 since they got more talent and his shoulder recovered with a great goals/game.

me2 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 06:39 PM
  #954
Wisp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Naissak View Post
Ludwig Blomstrand 6'2 218
Lots of big prospects. It'll be interesting to see which of these big guys breakthrough to the NHL. Not of all of them will, but I think we can expect a very big, physical team in the future. More interesting, will any of them has a break through and cracks the top 6? I'd bet one does (more than that being very unlikely).

Wisp is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 07:07 PM
  #955
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 50
if MG is going after Lagainere and Sustr, and we have a choice of one? who would you choose? a big 6'8 defenseman or big 6'4 center that is top 6 material?

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 07:14 PM
  #956
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Evan Oberg'd, Taylor Ellington'd....I hope we can also add Kellan Tochkin'd to the list as well.
Somehow, I seriously doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
if MG is going after Lagainere and Sustr, and we have a choice of one? who would you choose? a big 6'8 defenseman or big 6'4 center that is top 6 material?
He's listed as a center but he's been playing wing.

vanuck is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 07:31 PM
  #957
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,967
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
if MG is going after Lagainere and Sustr, and we have a choice of one? who would you choose? a big 6'8 defenseman or big 6'4 center that is top 6 material?
Sustr IMHO, just because he has a rarer skill set. Giant, RH dmen that can skate well and have skill.

me2 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 07:36 PM
  #958
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 50
Labate get a assist on a goal, his team up 3-1 in the 1st

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 07:46 PM
  #959
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
Labate get a assist on a goal, his team up 3-1 in the 1st
Very good, anyone know how long the series are in the playoffs? I know WIS is down 1 game to 0, assuming they play 3 game series in the NCAA?

timw33 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 07:48 PM
  #960
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
if MG is going after Lagainere and Sustr, and we have a choice of one? who would you choose? a big 6'8 defenseman or big 6'4 center that is top 6 material?
Without a doubt Sustr, IMO. As me2 mentioned, he has a rare skill set. Since the last time we talked about him here, I got to watch two full games of his and made a video if you are interested. Sustr has very good speed once he gets going, the first stride is a bit clunky, but still good for his size. Can pivot well too. Can sometimes be off balance and fall over like a tree. Certainly not a punishing or really physical player, but he moves the puck well with a good first pass and sees the ice well. Not afraid to pinch very deep. Has a good wrister and half slapper, sometimes looks like he could put even more strength behind it and he isn't even near his full strength yet.

I've watched about ten games of Laganiere. He again is most certainly a right winger. He has had a pretty rough 2nd half statistically, and i wonder if he is battling something. In the last game I saw, they had him on the 3rd line, but he still put in a good effort, his shift in the 3rd led to the tying goal, and him taking the puck to the net led to the gwg. He is a good forechecker who lays the body, used on the 2nd PK, and first PP on the right half wall. He has a tendency to do too much on his own, which leads him to turnover the puck at the blue line, instead of getting it in deep. He is a very good skater for his size and drives to the net frequently. Can create offense by himself and can be fairly creative with the puck. I'm in the progress of making his video.

Either guy would be good to have.

thefeebster is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:00 PM
  #961
BerSTUzzi
Registered User
 
BerSTUzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
The offensively "challenged" Gaunce with another goal tonight.

BerSTUzzi is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:05 PM
  #962
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
The offensively "challenged" Gaunce with another goal tonight.
so 34 goals, 61 points in 60 games........if he was not injuried he probably get 40+ and about 70 points

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:06 PM
  #963
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Very good, anyone know how long the series are in the playoffs? I know WIS is down 1 game to 0, assuming they play 3 game series in the NCAA?
I think - for the first few rounds at least - they're best of 3 series. Wisconsin's actually up 1 game to 0.

Yale's up 3-0 in Game 2. Still no sign of Beattie.

vanuck is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:11 PM
  #964
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I think - for the first few rounds at least - they're best of 3 series. Wisconsin's actually up 1 game to 0.

Yale's up 3-0 in Game 2. Still no sign of Beattie.
I don't think he is playing at all....

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:15 PM
  #965
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Without a doubt Sustr, IMO. As me2 mentioned, he has a rare skill set. Since the last time we talked about him here, I got to watch two full games of his and made a video if you are interested. Sustr has very good speed once he gets going, the first stride is a bit clunky, but still good for his size. Can pivot well too. Can sometimes be off balance and fall over like a tree. Certainly not a punishing or really physical player, but he moves the puck well with a good first pass and sees the ice well. Not afraid to pinch very deep. Has a good wrister and half slapper, sometimes looks like he could put even more strength behind it and he isn't even near his full strength yet.

I've watched about ten games of Laganiere. He again is most certainly a right winger. He has had a pretty rough 2nd half statistically, and i wonder if he is battling something. In the last game I saw, they had him on the 3rd line, but he still put in a good effort, his shift in the 3rd led to the tying goal, and him taking the puck to the net led to the gwg. He is a good forechecker who lays the body, used on the 2nd PK, and first PP on the right half wall. He has a tendency to do too much on his own, which leads him to turnover the puck at the blue line, instead of getting it in deep. He is a very good skater for his size and drives to the net frequently. Can create offense by himself and can be fairly creative with the puck. I'm in the progress of making his video.

Either guy would be good to have.


Have you seen Laganiere play on the LW? I like the fact that he is very mobile.

Sustr would be great, but I'm sure most teams have him tops on their respective lists. Rare skillset indeed.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:16 PM
  #966
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 50
Every team is probably going after Sustr.........bet boston is aggressively going after him, MG need to find a way to convince him Vancouver is a great city to play in and given the chance to play in the NHL........

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:20 PM
  #967
thepuckmonster
Moderator
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
Every team is probably going after Sustr.........bet boston is aggressively going after him, MG need to find a way to convince him Vancouver is a great city to play in and given the chance to play in the NHL........
Watch Edmonton sign him.

****.

thepuckmonster is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:22 PM
  #968
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Have you seen Laganiere play on the LW? I like the fact that he is very mobile.

Sustr would be great, but I'm sure most teams have him tops on their respective lists. Rare skillset indeed.
Only seen Laganiere line up on the Left wing for faceoff, easier for a winger win, but then he shifts back over to play the RW positionally. Always RW when i was watching.

thefeebster is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:24 PM
  #969
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Watch Edmonton sign him.

****.
They're doing their best to acquire 'special' players.

You'd think this college FA would have had enough of sororiety life.

I'd be gutted if any one we want goes to Edmonton. It's like being spat on.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:28 PM
  #970
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,967
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
so 34 goals, 61 points in 60 games........if he was not injuried he probably get 40+ and about 70 points
Up to .7 goals per game since things started clicking.

me2 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:33 PM
  #971
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 50
maybe signed Shayne Taker? if failure to sign Sustr, he(Shayne) is 6'4 left handed shot and a BC boy, Vancouver born. He was at Canucks prospect camp

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
  #972
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,772
vCash: 500
Grenier has a PPG for Kalamazoo, they are down 2-1 in the third.

timw33 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:04 PM
  #973
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Grenier has a PPG for Kalamazoo, they are down 2-1 in the third.
This is huge for them. 4 points out of a playoff spot with 10 games or so remaining in the season.

Yale wins their series 2-0. Wisconsin up 3-1 in the 3rd.

vanuck is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:14 PM
  #974
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
This is huge for them. 4 points out of a playoff spot with 10 games or so remaining in the season.

Yale wins their series 2-0. Wisconsin up 3-1 in the 3rd.
4-1 Wisconsin now

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:45 AM
  #975
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,586
vCash: 500
Ben Hutton's final stat line for his first year of Collegiate hockey:

34 GP, 4G, 11A, 15Pts, 18PIM, +2

Pretty solid, IMO.

Joseph LaBate has hit almost his exact numbers from last year. Last season, he had 5 goals and 15 assists through 37 games; this year, he has 7 goals and 12 assists through the same number of games, but that's considering that he had a stretch of about 10-15 games at the start of the year where he had only 1 point.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.