HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
We will do absolutely nothing.

At most we trade O'byrne. Jones isn't going anywhere due to politeness that he chose the Avs during his UFA eligibility. If he is traded his first year of a 4 year contract itll send a huge message to future ufa's to not come here.
I think the most likely guy to be moved is Kobasew. The Avs aren't re-signing him, and with the way he's been playing the last few weeks you got to think some playoff team has interest in him.

Might even be able to snag an underrated prospect for him.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:59 PM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
As long as Sacco is still here, I don't care what this team does

Old
03-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Hunwick and Zanon will be quite difficult to move, IMO.

Kobasew shouldn't be hard to move, but won't likely bring decent return.

O'Byrne should bring solid return.

If they have to move Elliott along with one of the scrubs to get a good return, I'd be OK with it (as long as Barrie stays), but the return would have to be really good.

The Avs shouldn't be moving any potentially good future players, unless the return is is both obvious and good.
Naw, Hunwick's contract is relatively cheap and expires in 2014. He'd be a good depth pickup for any team needing one. The return will likely be crap though. Zanon on the other hand is useless...I imagine it's waivers or nothing for him, and the Avs have way too much pride to admit they made a gigantic error by signing him.

So long as they don't give up any prospects, especially defensive prospects, I'll be relieved. Just have a bad feeling Sherman's going to still find a way to screw this up somehow.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:16 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
The Avalanche would have to be in extreme ruin before they started gutting the roster.

Greg Zanon, Matt Hunwick, or Shane O'Brien on the move? Yeah right. They might be able to move one of them.

Ryan O'Byrne seems like an obvious trade candidate given that his contract expires, but his departure would still leave the Avalanche with six veteran defenseman signed for next season.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:33 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

I expect them to trade both Kobasew and ROB as they are upcoming UFAs and can be replaced easily. It would be nice to trade away some of the dead weight in Zanon and Hunwick.

I don't want them to trade Hejduck or SOB. For all of SOB's faults he is a glue guy and can be a capable bottom pairing defender.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Ceremony
Just don't forget

vCash: 499
Of the names mentioned...

Hejduk isn't going, partly because of his standing on the team, partly because he's done. What is he going to contribute to a team and what would you give up to get him? Anything more than a 3rd round pick for him at this point is colossal overpayment.

O'Byrne will probably go, though not for much. Then again, consider what we got for Leopold, and there's some hope there

O'Brien doesn't, hopefully

Zanon, well, I hope we accidentally leave Zanon off the bus at some point after a game and he's forced to become a bum and he goes mad and forgets he's a hockey player

Hunwick can be traded to Dolce and Gabbana to do some modelling for them, we can get ad space in return

Kobasew I could see fetching about a 3rd

Giguere isn't getting traded when he signed an extension before this season started

Barrie and Elliott, oh please don't let them go

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
03-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Kobasew and O'Byrne for a 3rd/4th each is pretty much it. Ideally we'd find a way to trade one of Zanon/O'Brien/Hunwick too, but those are hard sells.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Read 20 words of the OP, replied.

Avs have zero value to trade in a sell. 5 mediocre defensemen. An overpaid winger. The one piece they've got is Stastny, and if they dump him now, before we know about O'Reilly, they are dumb. Get what you can for Koba and O'By. Do much better next year, bums.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
ABasin
Viva "Our Structure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Avs have zero value to trade in a sell.
Mitchell, Hejduk, and O'Byrne have value. McLeod might also.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:14 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
I don't expect much to happen on trade deadline. A few minor swaps. I think the Avs will get decent value for O'Byrne. I expect Kobasew will be traded as well. I wouldn't be surprised if one of Zanon or Hunwick were moved as well.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I think the most likely guy to be moved is Kobasew. The Avs aren't re-signing him, and with the way he's been playing the last few weeks you got to think some playoff team has interest in him.

Might even be able to snag an underrated prospect for him.
we coulda gotten a 2nd for McClement last year. I doubt they move anyone.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Mitchell, Hejduk, and O'Byrne have value. McLeod might also.
Mitchell has value to Avs too. He's performed well here and is young enough to be part of the team going forward.

Hejduk is not going to be traded. He has earned the right to retire as an Avs player and has a NMC. If he wanted to play elsewhere he would have signed elsewhere this past summer.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:41 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
we coulda gotten a 2nd for McClement last year. I doubt they move anyone.
They wanted McC to resign though. I think Palushaj is our Kobasew next year and will be cheaper, so Kobe wont be back. If they get an offer he;ll get traded.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:52 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

pretty much this.

would like to think Avs know they have to change the defense for next year so a start at the deadline would be nice..

Really need some pmd..just saw some stats

Average scoring to date for team defense is 10 goals /50 points.. We sit comfortably last in both categories with 2/32

Old
03-16-2013, 08:12 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Don't know enough about Pock, but is there any potential in the organization outside of the AHL for him? Never really heard much about him until the little bit I've read this year.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:19 PM
ABasin
Viva "Our Structure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Mitchell has value to Avs too. He's performed well here and is young enough to be part of the team going forward.
He is a decent player, but by all indications is producing at far above any level he's ever attained before. And he's still a depth forward, which aren't terribly hard to find. If the Avs wish to build a team by selling high and buying low, Mitchell is a good piece to move at this time.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 140
I think this will be the same as past tanking years. A whole lot of crappy players we'd like to trade, but none of them end up getting traded. Who in their right mind would trade for O'Byrne the way he has played this year? Or Zanon? Hunwick has been decent enough that a team desperate for speed on the back end might give us a mid pick for him. No one is taking David "10 goal pace" Jones off our hands when he's signed for 3 more years.

I think realistically Kobasew could be traded (he's a good 4th liner), and maybe Hunwick/O'Brien. Otherwise the only players we could get good value for are guys we probably don't want to trade, like Mitchell and Wilson.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
I definitely would keep Mitchell. He has been a great pick up for us.

Kobasew for a 3rd. ROB for a 3rd.

I think Hunwick could have some value at the deadline. Affordable contract and he can skate the puck. I don't know if the Avs would trade him, but I think there could be value there.

I agree with most that the Stastny ROR thing needs to sort itself out before we make any big moves involving them.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:31 PM
ghostofweezman

vCash: 828
We have too many centers. Time to dump one. We need some legitimate top 4 defensemen. I like EJ, but he's all on his own and he's also not a top pair player yet. They need to do something to fix the defense.

Pruning the dead weight off this team would be great. Dead weight on the team: Jones, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, and Hunwick. As others said though, who'd even want to take these players?

Old
03-16-2013, 08:35 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
I could see them trading Giguere if a team offered a 2nd pick or something like that.
wouldn't be opposed to this mb to a cup contender so JS can get another cup and sail off into the sunset

Old
03-16-2013, 08:37 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
We need to sell off half our d and get watever we can for them. Then recall Barrie, Gaunce, Elliott and Pock? Is pock our property?

Old
03-16-2013, 08:37 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
We can't trade our goalie coach guys.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
He is a decent player, but by all indications is producing at far above any level he's ever attained before. And he's still a depth forward, which aren't terribly hard to find. If the Avs wish to build a team by selling high and buying low, Mitchell is a good piece to move at this time.
I don't think his value has increased all that much because of 9 goals in less than 30 games. Selling high on Mitchell would be perhaps a third round pick. I think hanging on to him is worth more than that.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:40 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofweezman View Post
We have too many centers. Time to dump one. We need some legitimate top 4 defensemen. I like EJ, but he's all on his own and he's also not a top pair player yet. They need to do something to fix the defense.

Pruning the dead weight off this team would be great. Dead weight on the team: Jones, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, and Hunwick. As others said though, who'd even want to take these players?
People scream this when all three are healthy, then when one of them is out of the lineup. ZOMG our center depth is so weak!!

Keep all three if Stastny & O'Reilly will take reasonable extensions, get the winger and defense through the draft and free-agency.

People forget that within the next two years Siemens & Barrie (Even Elliott) could make our defense look completely different, along with even one free-agent.

Smid/Siemens - EJ

Siemens/Smid - Barrie/Elliott

Hejda - Wilson/Elliott/

I have a feeling one of SOB or Hunwick will stick around as a 7th defender but they are fine if kept to that role.

Zannon, ROB, and one of the above will be gone.

This changes even more if we draft someone like Jones, but I don't think we will get a chance at him, and have a much more likely shot at one of the high end forwards in this draft.

Besides whoever we draft high in the second round could be a solid player as well. Jordan Subban?

People need to take a chill pill... Managements focus should probably be on clearing out one or two of Zannon, SOB, Hunwick, ROB, and then standing pat until the off-season.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
I could see them trading Giguere if a team offered a 2nd pick or something like that.
Before today's game...he would have probably brought back a first from someone like Tampa.

Closed Thread