HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla Trade Rumours Thread Part 1: Pit, Bos, La, Chi interested

Old
03-16-2013, 06:56 PM
leafspensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Yes, I'd be the opposite. Pouliot has the much higher ceiling, so I don't want him going anywhere. Maata, on the other hand, doesn't have the same ceiling but is a jack of all trades and I'd be fine with using him to get a winger.
I agree Pouliot has the higher ceiling, but he's not that great defensively...we have Letang and Morrow as offensive defenseman, I'd rather have a stronger defensive presence, but yes I do agree Pouliot as of right now has the better chance to have an impact in the NHL, but mostly on the offensive side rather than both sides of the puck like Maatta

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Based on how well you know Shero?
There is literally zero chance Morrow gets moved for a rental.

Iggy is a great player, but the minute Feaster demands Morrow, Bennett or Despres, Shero will politely move on.

Feaster isn't the only GM Shero can deal with. Shero's last two big deadline deals were actual hockey trades Kunitz/Whitney and Neal/GoGo.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

Iggy is a great player, but the minute Feaster demands Morrow, Bennett or Despres, Shero will politely move on.

Feaster isn't the only GM Shero can deal with. Shero's last two big deadline deals were actual hockey trades Kunitz/Whitney and Neal/GoGo.
And most of us are hoping if this happens, we can swing a deal for Stewart

Old
03-16-2013, 07:02 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:

Never said there was the poster said he didn't think Shero would give more then a 2nd, I was asking what he was basing that on.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Never said there was the poster said he didn't think Shero would give more then a 2nd, I was asking what he was basing that on.
Well Shero could offer that...

... For Stempniak.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Iginla is certainly worth more than a 2nd rounder but I'd be pretty pissed if Shero gave up Morrow & a 1st. If the price is that high I'd just as soon they looked for less pricey/not so big name rentals.
If they can sign him to an extension, he's not a rental.

I don't think any team is crazy enough to offer what Calgary is asking, for 13 games + one playoff run, unless they were absolutely positive that he would be the piece that pushes them over the top.

If the Flames can sign him to an extension, or have him agree to sign with whomever Calgary trades him to, then his value skyrockets.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post

I don't think any team is crazy enough to offer what Calgary is asking, for 13 games + one playoff run, unless they were absolutely positive that he would be the piece that pushes them over the top.

If the Flames can sign him to an extension, or have him agree to sign with whomever Calgary trades him to, then his value skyrockets.
I don't think Iggy gets traded because the guilt of leaving the organization/ties to the area will keep him there. If he does get traded, I see him more than likely re-signing back with the Flames after a playoff run somewhere.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:

Pretty sure Iginla's list is rumored to be Pittsburgh, Boston and Chicago. None of those are going to overpay for what Calgary's asking, they won't deplete their pool for a rental, unless they were allowed to somehow communicate with Iginla and make sure he'd stay with them for atleast two more years

Old
03-16-2013, 07:36 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Pretty sure Iginla's list is rumored to be Pittsburgh, Boston and Chicago. None of those are going to overpay for what Calgary's asking, they won't deplete their pool for a rental, unless they were allowed to somehow communicate with Iginla and make sure he'd stay with them for atleast two more years
The list is rumored to be as long as 10 teams it isn't just those 3 teams.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:37 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Well Shero could offer that...

... For Stempniak.
Thats true

Old
03-16-2013, 07:38 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Really? Oh...that's awkward than...but let's be real, out of those 10 teams, these three at the moment are the most likely to go all the way...

Old
03-16-2013, 07:40 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Really? Oh...that's awkward than...but let's be real, out of those 10 teams, these three at the moment are the most likely to go all the way...
Doesn't matter he wants playoff hockey and that list is more than long enough to get a team to overpay.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:43 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Doesn't matter he wants playoff hockey and that list is more than long enough to get a team to overpay.
I highly doubt he just wants playoff hockey, the guy hasn't won a cup and he's basically the most deserving to win a Cup in the entire league, he's going to choose a team that can give him the best chance.

Pittsburgh- Best player in the world
Chicago & Boston- well, they're just great all round

Winnipeg is in the playoff race, I doubt he wants to go there...
He wants a Cup and he'll go where he can best win one, not just anywhere that can sneak into a playoff spot

Old
03-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Ugene Malkin
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I'd be furious if Shero acquired Iggy for a first and a D prospect. It would take that much to get him, but Pittsburgh shouldn't be wasting assets on a rental. Pittsburgh has the top scoring team in the league. Unless he can provide a physical presence on the third line or be the second coming of a younger Brooks Orpik on the backend, Iggy isn't really needed in Pittsburgh. We have other spots we need to improve on.
Really who says he has to be a Rental?

He could end up a rental, but if after the trade Shero locks him down soon after for 2/4 years at whatever He'll want could also be plausible. Shero doesn't have to wait until July 1st to try and get him to sign a deal.

To me that's worth one of the lesser top D-prospects and a 1st. Shero can still bolster other areas, meaning defense, with lesser trades.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:47 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I highly doubt he just wants playoff hockey, the guy hasn't won a cup and he's basically the most deserving to win a Cup in the entire league, he's going to choose a team that can give him the best chance.

Pittsburgh- Best player in the world
Chicago & Boston- well, they're just great all round

Winnipeg is in the playoff race, I doubt he wants to go there...
He wants a Cup and he'll go where he can best win one, not just anywhere that can sneak into a playoff spot
He wants a chance at a cup and most playoff teams + Iggy have a shot and he knows that.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Really who says he has to be a Rental?

He could end up a rental, but if after the trade Shero locks him down soon after for 2/4 years at whatever He'll want could also be plausible. Shero doesn't have to wait until July 1st to try and get him to sign a deal.

To me that's worth one of the lesser top D-prospects and a 1st. Shero can still bolster other areas, meaning defense, with lesser trades.
This is why Iginla for Morrow + 1st makes sense.

I don't think Maata has a lot of value to Calgary, they've made it clear in the past they weren't too high on him. Pouliot, maybe, haven't really heard his name mentioned much at all.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:50 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
He wants a chance at a cup and most playoff teams + Iggy have a shot and he knows that.
So you're telling me that Toronto and Winnipeg with Iginla have a chance to win the Cup...cmon dude, not happening...

If he stays in the West than hell yeah they do, but I don't know if he'd like to play his former team so many times this year, but if he stays in the West, I agree with you. My feeling is if he moves he goes to the East, and other than Boston and Pittsburgh, no one's going to go as far as they are

Old
03-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Stryker Island

There are really only 3-4 teams in the league that can be considered Cup "favourites".

LA, BOS, PIT and CHI.

If he goes, he's going to go to one of them.

Edit - forgot Anaheim, they are having an amazing year, they could be in the running too.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:52 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
This is why Iginla for Morrow + 1st makes sense.

I don't think Maata has a lot of value to Calgary, they've made it clear in the past they weren't too high on him. Pouliot, maybe, haven't really heard his name mentioned much at all.
If he were to trade Pouliot or Morrow, I'm hoping its Pouliot, because I know our Penguins board would explode if Morrow cause we basically think Morrow is god...

Old
03-16-2013, 07:53 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

I still don't see why Chicago is in on it. They have Hossa and Kane on RW and should really use their assets on a good 2LC. If the idea is moving Kane back to center, how does this season not prove that it is a bad one.

As Pens go, we've been around that block a couple times and it usually comes out 1st 2013 + D prospect other than Morrow + optional TK. Giving up more or better roster players as part of the deal is simply not going to work for PIT. If it kills the deal, it kills the deal. Don't try with the adding Sarich either.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheHudlinator

Quote:
So you're telling me that Toronto and Winnipeg with Iginla have a chance to win the Cup...cmon dude, not happening...

If he stays in the West than hell yeah they do, but I don't know if he'd like to play his former team so many times this year, but if he stays in the West, I agree with you. My feeling is if he moves he goes to the East, and other than Boston and Pittsburgh, no one's going to go as far as they are
I said most, again Iggy on most playoff teams have a shot at the cup, Iggy might prefer Pitts and Boston but he apparently has given the Flames a list longer enough to find a team that is willing to overpay.

Old
leafspensfan

Quote:
There are really only 3-4 teams in the league that can be considered Cup "favourites".

LA, BOS, PIT and CHI.

If he goes, he's going to go to one of them.
LA might be a long shot, but they have more to offer to Calgary as an organization...I still feel he comes out East

Old
03-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Ugene Malkin
I'm Score

Quote:
It might not be just those three, but Iginla has the final say which could narrow that list down to exactly one. He has the final say, he has the power of not giving up his right not to be moved.

I highly doubt his list is 10 teams.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:
LA might be a long shot, but they have more to offer to Calgary as an organization...I still feel he comes out East
I agree.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:55 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
I said most, again Iggy on most playoff teams have a shot at the cup, Iggy might prefer Pitts and Boston but he apparently has given the Flames a list longer enough to find a team that is willing to overpay.
Not trying to be an ass, but do you have a source, cause I've only heard Pitt, Boston, Chicago and LA...but that's only cause I follow Dregs and Bobby Mac

Just don't wanna come off as an ass