HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
What would Yandle cost us?
I would think that it is a lot. I wouldn't start with Couts or Schenn though. Read is the only player that comes to mind when involving a trade with them. He will probably be traded anyway I am thinking because of our contract situation.

They don't really need d prospects either so I would think we have to include forward prospects.

My offer would be Read+Noebels(1st option)/Cousins(2nd option)+2nd rounder. Now if that happens we would have to replace Reads offense. Read could really turn into a big asset for us in the off season.

Old
03-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I would think that it is a lot. I wouldn't start with Couts or Schenn though. Read is the only player that comes to mind when involving a trade with them. He will probably be traded anyway I am thinking because of our contract situation.

They don't really need d prospects either so I would think we have to include forward prospects.

My offer would be Read+Noebels(1st option)/Cousins(2nd option)+2nd rounder. Now if that happens we would have to replace Reads offense. Read could really turn into a big asset for us in the off season.
Noebels and Cousins? no thanks!

Old
03-16-2013, 10:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
Noebels and Cousins are nothing too special. I don't think either will ever crack the top six on this team unless there are injuries. I'd gladly deal them to get a top tier defender.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:10 PM
feedingschennzy

There have been rumblings that if we fall out of it soon, we could trade talbot and that Chicago is interested in him. Any chance we can swing Talbot+ Laughton for nick leddy?

Old
03-16-2013, 12:13 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
Those two won't be deal breakers.
On the other hand, I don't think Read+Noebels/Cousins+2nd gets you Yandle.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:18 PM
TheKingPin

Yea yandle has a lot to give. What if we trade for weber after this year?

Old
03-16-2013, 12:18 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
There have been rumblings that if we fall out of it soon, we could trade talbot and that Chicago is interested in him. Any chance we can swing Talbot+ Laughton for nick leddy?
I think giving up 3 out of 5 points in the nj home and home sealed our fate. And trading talbot is something I am all about.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

No chance they'd give us Nick Leddy. Sorry

Old
03-16-2013, 02:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Bros Pizza View Post
No chance they'd give us Nick Leddy. Sorry
Yeah that would just be counterproductive for them. They would likely offer up a pick or prospect if they were interested in trading for Talbot.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
I doubt Nick Leddy is available but they do have Adam Clendening, who is a right handed pmd who has had a good amount of success his first year in the Ahl. Would definitely be worth acquiring.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Talbot is not an upgrade over either Shaw or Kruger currently at #3/4 C

All 3 suck at faceoffs but currently Shaw/Kruger are producing a little more offensively

Also doubt Leddy is available

I would be happy to swap Lauhgton and Clendening (Since with Leddy there really is no point in having Clendening)

Old
03-16-2013, 05:17 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
Just watched a video of the Sustr guy....I want him.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:38 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Why do people want to trade Talbot?

Old
03-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Eh, not sure, but I assume that it is based on projecting Laughton into the 4C spot next year.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Briere - Schenn - Simmonds
Gagne* - Couturier - Read
McGinn - Laughton - Rinaldo

I'd like to see Gagne re-signed--though I don't think you trade Talbot unless you're confident that you can get something done.

But if that's what you think the line-up looks like (barring a Briere buy-out), veterans like Talbot and Fedotenko are a bit expendable in this lost season.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:49 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Eh, not sure, but I assume that it is based on projecting Laughton into the 4C spot next year.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Briere - Schenn - Simmonds
Gagne* - Couturier - Read
McGinn - Laughton - Rinaldo

I'd like to see Gagne re-signed--though I don't think you trade Talbot unless you're confident that you can get something done.

But if that's what you think the line-up looks like (barring a Briere buy-out), veterans like Talbot and Fedotenko are a bit expendable in this lost season.
Eh. I suppose. I know everyone is in love with McGinn, but I'd rather have Talbot on the roster than him. Not a knock against McGinn, but Talbot is a versatile veteran who plays his role very well. I know people are probably concerned that he is too old (for some reason) or that his contract is too high (for some reason), but he is a player that I think should not be traded unless a team is grossly overpaying for him.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
I think people were expecting Talbot to produce more because of what he did last year. They don't realize that isn't really his role and want him gone since he isn't scoring. Basically, more of the what have you done for me lately mentality that is prevalent in today's society.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Eh. I suppose. I know everyone is in love with McGinn, but I'd rather have Talbot on the roster than him. Not a knock against McGinn, but Talbot is a versatile veteran who plays his role very well. I know people are probably concerned that he is too old (for some reason) or that his contract is too high (for some reason), but he is a player that I think should not be traded unless a team is grossly overpaying for him.
I wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd round pick because I do feel like he brings a lot to the team.

On the other hand, if they aren't comfortable with a 4th line of youngsters, I think that they could probably find a replacement in the offseason, while picking up the extra pick / prospect now.

Talbot holds a great deal of value to a team on the cusp of a playoff run, I think. Exploring a move is just a way to maximize that value.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:55 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Same reason people want to ship Coburn out. Everybody wants a fire sale this deadline.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:59 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd round pick because I do feel like he brings a lot to the team.

On the other hand, if they aren't comfortable with a 4th line of youngsters, I think that they could probably find a replacement in the offseason, while picking up the extra pick / prospect now.

Talbot holds a great deal of value to a team on the cusp of a playoff run, I think. Exploring a move is just a way to maximize that value.
Yeah I wouldn't give him up for anything less than a 2nd too. I wouldn't mind holding onto him for next year. I eventually want them to take Giroux off the PK so he can be put in more offensive situations. Having Talbot allows them to potentially do this next year.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:03 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:

Meh, I suppose. I mean I wouldn't be furious if they traded him, I just don't think it is a good move. Trading Feds is fine with me, even if the return isn't great. But Trading Talbot just seems like a bad move. You can get a veteran replacement for him, but he won't be as good. Talbot doesn't light the world on fire with his stats, but he is very good at what he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Same reason people want to ship Coburn out. Everybody wants a fire sale this deadline.
Bad move trading guys like Coburn and Talbot. That is of course, unless you want to do a full-on re-build. In that case then you get rid of everyone you can. Pretty much anyone over the age 25 not named Giroux (Hartnell, Coburn, Grossmann, Gagne, Feds, Talbot, Timonen, Mezaros, Bryz, Briere, and anyone else I missed). If we are doing a real re-build trade those guys at the deadline or the draft (or buy-out the Bryz and Briere). Get what you can for them, sign cheap replacements and have a couple bad years in order to get high draft picks. If they aren't doing something like that, then there is no point in trading away guys like Coburn and Talbot who, despite what the expert scouts on HFBoards think, are very important to this team moving forward.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:14 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Eh, I wouldnt cry over Talbot getting moved. I do like what he brings, but there are ALOT of players that do what Talbot does.

Here are the FA's this summer:

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/

Now I agree I wouldnt just trade him away but I dont agree with thinking that he is a REALLY important component to the team. Coburn you cant trade away unless you have someone that you KNOW will take his spot.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Prongo
Beer

The only way we trade Coburn is if we get a d prospect back in return + lots more That prospect has to be ready to step in right away and contribute. No he won't be as good as Coburn is now, but if his ceiling is higher you thing about the move.

Also people are starting to get fed up with Coburn because he has all the tools to be a top notch defender but doesn't produce. He has made some silly mistakes throughout his time here. He is vital to our defense right now, but if we can get a good deal for him we should think about it. He has been here for 7 seasons I think now, and he has regressed. Coburn is a top 4 defender but is not irreplaceable, especially on a team that isn't heading to the playoffs

Old
03-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The only way we trade Coburn is if we get a d prospect back in return + lots more That prospect has to be ready to step in right away and contribute. No he won't be as good as Coburn is now, but if his ceiling is higher you thing about the move.

Also people are starting to get fed up with Coburn because he has all the tools to be a top notch defender but doesn't produce. He has made some silly mistakes throughout his time here. He is vital to our defense right now, but if we can get a good deal for him we should think about it. He has been here for 7 seasons I think now, and he has regressed. Coburn is a top 4 defender but is not irreplaceable, especially on a team that isn't heading to the playoffs
Coburn played his best hockey here when paired with a strong puck-moving defenseman (Timonen), right?

Obviously Timonen makes everyone look better, but the Coburn-Grossmann puts a great deal of pressure on Coburn to play the role of puck-mover. He should be better at that than he is--and I agree that that aspect of his game does seem to have regressed since his arrival.

Still, if we can acquire another PMD, it might take a bit of that pressure off of Coburn.

He's not a player I'm anxious to move. If we had to include him to get something closer to a very good #2 (Edler), I would, but otherwise, I think you hold on to him and look to acquire a better partner.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eh, I wouldnt cry over Talbot getting moved. I do like what he brings, but there are ALOT of players that do what Talbot does.

Here are the FA's this summer:

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/

Now I agree I wouldnt just trade him away but I dont agree with thinking that he is a REALLY important component to the team. Coburn you cant trade away unless you have someone that you KNOW will take his spot.
Agreed. If Talbot is craved by a playoff team to offer up value, then make the deal. I'd be glad, however, to have him on the Flyers next season. I'd be pleased with the following:

Hartnell / Giroux / Voracek
Gagné / Schenn / Simmonds
Talbot / Couturier / Read
Rinaldo / XXXXXX / McGinn
Wellwood

4th-line C is either Laughton (if he wins it in the preseason) or a veteran FA centre who excels at faceoffs and PK.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:00 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Agreed. If Talbot is craved by a playoff team to offer up value, then make the deal. I'd be glad, however, to have him on the Flyers next season. I'd be pleased with the following:

Hartnell / Giroux / Voracek
Gagné / Schenn / Simmonds
Talbot / Couturier / Read
Rinaldo / XXXXXX / McGinn
Wellwood

4th-line C is either Laughton (if he wins it in the preseason) or a veteran FA centre who excels at faceoffs and PK.
Hall or Gordon.

Closed Thread