HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Briere: activated Apr. 11 (concussion Mar. 25); Q and A article Apr. 11

Old
03-16-2013, 02:56 AM
ahthorne

vCash: 500
Briere to Ottawa for Bishop+!

ahthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:58 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I'll take that trade straight up. I don't know Ottowa's cap situation, but would it string them up next year once Spezza and Karlsson are back? It would be sort of silly of them to deal Bishop so they could get an aging Briere for one playoff run where they'd be really long shots to win it all.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:19 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I'll take that trade straight up. I don't know Ottowa's cap situation, but would it string them up next year once Spezza and Karlsson are back? It would be sort of silly of them to deal Bishop so they could get an aging Briere for one playoff run where they'd be really long shots to win it all.
I think SPEZZA will be back in a month ? Adding SPEZZA and maybe playoff Danny could be huge for Sens.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:45 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
This. I don't see Brière as anyone more than an attempt to push a Cup-positioned team over the top.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
i would trade Briere for a 4th or 5th round pick right now. Guy is worthless.
that chest snipe in the shootout last night was a beauty

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Lavi continues to give this guy great opportunities and he doesn't do **** with it. Any logical person would have pulled the plug a couple of weeks ago.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
i would trade Briere for a 4th or 5th round pick right now. Guy is worthless.
that chest snipe in the shootout last night was a beauty
It went blocker side. And if you lok at the sequence he showed five hole and started a release and then quickly went blocker side high. If it was any higher it might've gotten past Hedberg but it wouldn't have been on net. Hedberg didn't bite on the five hole Briere showed even though he got beat their twice. Hedberg made Danny look silly there, but thats how it goes. It wasn't a bad attempt.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:25 PM
YuioIklo

People here overreact to everything Briere does, it's ridiculous.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:27 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
People here overreact to everything Briere does, it's ridiculous.
It's more like what he doesn't do.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
It went blocker side. And if you lok at the sequence he showed five hole and started a release and then quickly went blocker side high. If it was any higher it might've gotten past Hedberg but it wouldn't have been on net. Hedberg didn't bite on the five hole Briere showed even though he got beat their twice. Hedberg made Danny look silly there, but thats how it goes. It wasn't a bad attempt.
like everything hobbit is doing lately.

it just plain ol aint working.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:48 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I will say what others are thinking...he DOES have the cap hit after he is traded. It's his actual salary that is 3 mill then 2 mill.

I PRAY we are able to trade him for assets. Same with Feds, Knuble, Foster, even Gagne. I offer Gagne a team friendly contarct for 2 years. If he says no, trade him for an asset BETTER than a 5th rounder. Boston just lost Kelly for at least a month...they will be shopping.
Theres two weeks until the deadline right? whats Holmgren waiting for? The Flyers need roughly 14-15 more wins or equal points, to make the playoffs with 19 games left to play. Basically, they're already out of it.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Theres two weeks until the deadline right? whats Holmgren waiting for? The Flyers need roughly 14-15 more wins or equal points, to make the playoffs with 19 games left to play. Basically, they're already out of it.
There is a reason most of the action goes down on deadline day, because GM's try to always win the trade. They try to wait it out to see if a GM will give in to some of their demands. If the Flyers are selling, most of our trading will happen on dead line day.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:54 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Teams may get more desperate around the deadline and may offer up more than they originally offered.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:57 PM
GTopCheese

Him and Hartnell have been pretty bad as lately. They get a couple scoring chances and then rest of the game is just bad.

GTopCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:08 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post

Why do so few seem to realize Briere will not have a 6.5 cap hit once he's traded.
Please, explain to all of us how DBs cap hit lowers because he gets traded.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:41 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Please, explain to all of us how DBs cap hit lowers because he gets traded.
I think he realized his mistake, but instead of admitting it he is just avoiding this thread hoping it will go away, which is the usual course of conduct when someone is wrong on HFB.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
Him and Hartnell have been pretty bad as lately. They get a couple scoring chances and then rest of the game is just bad.
Yeah, Hartnell's been almost invisable this year. He did have a 2 point game Wednesday.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:49 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Yeah, Hartnell's been almost invisable this year. He did have a 2 point game Wednesday.
Harts has been struggling for sure, but i think it would be fair to say he is not 100% with screws and a plate holding his foot together ? I give him alot of credit for coming back earlier than expected to try and contribute to getting the ship heading in the right direction....As far as Danny, its obvious his best years are behind him, but i certainly admire the guy for all that he has done in his career. He is a small guy and has been a pretty darn good player for many years.35 years old and has been through the NHL grinder for alot of years now which catches up to everyone sooner or later.....I wish him the best wherever or whenever he leaves Philly or the NHL etc....Pretty damn good clutch player is what i think of when his name is mentioned.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Harts has been struggling for sure, but i think it would be fair to say he is not 100% with screws and a plate holding his foot together ? I give him alot of credit for coming back earlier than expected to try and contribute to getting the ship heading in the right direction....As far as Danny, its obvious his best years are behind him, but i certainly admire the guy for all that he has done in his career. He is a small guy and has been a pretty darn good player for many years.35 years old and has been through the NHL grinder for alot of years now which catches up to everyone sooner or later.....I wish him the best wherever or whenever he leaves Philly or the NHL etc....Pretty damn good clutch player is what i think of when his name is mentioned.
Agree. Briere has been clutch through many a Flyers playoffs. Now most want to see him go with 2 years left on his deal. Thats what happens when your team doesn't make the playoffs. Need to sell for the future.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:47 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Agree. Briere has been clutch through many a Flyers playoffs. Now most want to see him go with 2 years left on his deal. Thats what happens when your team doesn't make the playoffs. Need to sell for the future.
Cap hit and invisible regular seasons come into play too. Those PO performances will dry up sooner or later with age

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:58 PM
nuclear reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think he realized his mistake, but instead of admitting it he is just avoiding this thread hoping it will go away, which is the usual course of conduct when someone is wrong on HFB.
Or they don't live on HFB.

nuclear reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Tripod

As weird as it sounds, I was hoping Lavi would actually put Hartnell, Briere and Read together. Then put Couts on the wing with G and Jake. Hoping that it might wake Couts up a bit offensively. And since he is slower, he would be the 3rd man into the offensive zone so still be in the defensive mindset a bit. Then gave Gags with Schenn and Simmonds. You never know, this kind of line shakeup could have worked.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Harts has been struggling for sure, but i think it would be fair to say he is not 100% with screws and a plate holding his foot together ? I give him alot of credit for coming back earlier than expected to try and contribute to getting the ship heading in the right direction...
Yeah, but that's not an excuse for him playing stupidly. In the last two games, he's gotten, what, three stupid penalties (last night they then called it on Simmonds)? He's clearly not performing as well as expected and is not able to keep up with Giroux and Voracek, but I was and am willing to give him a pass for a couple more games. What gets me the most is taking horrible and unnecessary penalties that we then either get scored on or have to kill off. He gives me the vibe of "we're not in a playoff spot, so I have an excuse to act angry and pissed off, and not care about the consequences."

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear reactor View Post
Or they don't live on HFB.
No, no. I think it is my theory.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
There is a reason most of the action goes down on deadline day, because GM's try to always win the trade. They try to wait it out to see if a GM will give in to some of their demands. If the Flyers are selling, most of our trading will happen on dead line day.
I agree, but with Briere possibly waiving and the arrangements that may have to be set up for his family / tutoring -- the deadline for moving him, if he is moves, might be a little further away from the deadline to make sure all that is possible/in place before trigger is pulled.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote