HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redline Report Ranks Habs 2nd overall (not sure anyone post this yet?)

Old
07-31-2006, 08:23 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Redline Report Ranks Habs 2nd overall (not sure anyone post this yet?)

Redline Report has the Habs ranked 2nd overall for their 2006 Draft picks, Chicago is ranked 1st and no other Canadian Teams in the top 10!

Interesting breakdown analysis:

Give them a solid "A." With only six picks they managed to nab five of RLR's top 66 ranked prospects. They only had one of the first 48 picks, yet managed to bag four of our top 42. Montreal really loaded up on fleet, agile defenders who can play in the "New NHL." David Fischer and Mathieu Carle both have premiere offensive talent with great vision and passing skills. Sleeper Cameron Cepek is an aggressive blue-liner who was just coming into his own before a wrist injury put him on the shelf for most of the year. Of the two WHL forwards, Ben Maxwell brings lots of skill and Ryan White adds plenty of grit. And the Habs themselves think Pavel Valentenko was the real hidden gem of their draft day efforts.

Read the rest at:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/colum...19_120533_3808

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Yeah it was already posted, but I can read that multiple times! This year was the first draft in a long, long time I haven't shook my head at some of the Habs picks.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:33 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule View Post
Yeah it was already posted, but I can read that multiple times! This year was the first draft in a long, long time I haven't shook my head at some of the Habs picks.
Sorry for posting old news, but at least it is GOOD news!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:38 PM
tinyzombies

Anyone who has been going to the development camps the past couple of years can see the big difference. This year's group really stands out. They have size, can skate and all have decent hands.

Also 7 of the 8 defensemen were righties.

I think a lot of those guys have a shot at the NHL to be honest. Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I really liked what I saw.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:41 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule View Post
Agreed. I went to the draft with my nephew (6 years old) and he was either frightened or looking forward to me swearing / throwing my draft papers in the air and walking out after the first round.

bopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:44 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Anyone who has been going to the development camps the past couple of years can see the big difference. This year's group really stands out. They have size, can skate and all have decent hands.

Also 7 of the 8 defensemen were righties.

I think a lot of those guys have a shot at the NHL to be honest. Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I really liked what I saw.
We were missing righties ?

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 09:20 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
We were missing righties ?
Well, it's harder to find great RD, so if we can develop a few, it's just even better.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote