HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla Trade Rumours Thread Part 1: Pit, Bos, La, Chi interested

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 06:57 PM
  #301
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
It might not be just those three, but Iginla has the final say which could narrow that list down to exactly one. He has the final say, he has the power of not giving up his right not to be moved.

I highly doubt his list is 10 teams.
No way his list is at 10, he's a smart guy, he knows 10 teams don't have an equal chance to win the cup

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM
  #302
insaini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
What about:

To Pits: Jarome Iginla, Mikka Kiprusoff, 5th 2013

To Cal: 1st 2013, 2nd 2014, Joe Morrow, Thomas Vokoun, Tyler Kennedy/Cap Dump

So Essentially it would be:

Iginla for 1st 2013, Morrow, Kennedy
Kiprusoff + 5th for 2nd 2014 and Vokoun

Help's Iginla and Kipper finally make a hard playoff push with an actual contender,
where Pens unite the dynamic duo and solidify their goaltending. Fleury + Kipper as your 1/2

There will probably have to be a couple adjustments made in order to help fit the salary for Pits but it would def help make them favourites for cup contention.

insaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:01 PM
  #303
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaini View Post
What about:

To Pits: Jarome Iginla, Mikka Kiprusoff, 5th 2013

To Cal: 1st 2013, 2nd 2014, Joe Morrow, Thomas Vokoun, Tyler Kennedy/Cap Dump

So Essentially it would be:

Iginla for 1st 2013, Morrow, Kennedy
Kiprusoff + 5th for 2nd 2014 and Vokoun

Help's Iginla and Kipper finally make a hard playoff push with an actual contender,
where Pens unite the dynamic duo and solidify their goaltending. Fleury + Kipper as your 1/2

There will probably have to be a couple adjustments made in order to help fit the salary for Pits but it would def help make them favourites for cup contention.
Would you take Pouliot instead of Morrow??

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:03 PM
  #304
insaini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Would you take Pouliot instead of Morrow??
I'd prefer Morrow, Flames are one of the smallest teams in the league and could really use the size of Morrow to help the rebuild move forward.

insaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
  #305
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kiel
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,971
vCash: 500
Don't want Kiprusoff.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:07 PM
  #306
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaini View Post
I'd prefer Morrow, Flames are one of the smallest teams in the league and could really use the size of Morrow to help the rebuild move forward.
That would be tough sell than...what bout Maatta? He's got size, good on both sides on the puck.

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:07 PM
  #307
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,195
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Not trying to be an ass, but do you have a source, cause I've only heard Pitt, Boston, Chicago and LA...but that's only cause I follow Dregs and Bobby Mac

Just don't wanna come off as an ass
Dreger said Iginla's list could be as long as 10 teams about a month ago on insider trading.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:07 PM
  #308
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Dreger said Iginla's list could be as long as 10 teams about a month ago on insider trading.
You really expect his list to be 10 teams long at this time so close to the deadline?

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:11 PM
  #309
JeffMangum
Man Girardi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Dreger said Iginla's list could be as long as 10 teams about a month ago on insider trading.
The teams poised to make a run for the cup weren't decided 1 month ago.

That picture is a lot clearer as of now.

I doubt his list is bigger than CHI, LA, BOS, and PIT. MAYBE Anaheim, NYR (just because they're NYR and every big name is linked there, but they don't look like a contender thus far ), or MTL.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
  #310
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
That would be tough sell than...what bout Maatta? He's got size, good on both sides on the puck.
I think most Flames fans would be okay with Maatta but the organization itself is another matter. They passed on Maatta in the draft, twice. Feaster's also on record saying that if Jankowski was taken, they would have gone with Seiloff. Maatta wasn't even or their radar.

It would likely have to be one of the Pens other defensive prospects.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
  #311
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,195
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
You really expect his list to be 10 teams long at this time so close to the deadline?
No I think it will be about 8 teams
Van,La,SJ,Ana,Chi,Bos,NJ,Pits

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
  #312
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 23,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
This is why Iginla for Morrow + 1st makes sense.

I don't think Maata has a lot of value to Calgary, they've made it clear in the past they weren't too high on him. Pouliot, maybe, haven't really heard his name mentioned much at all.
No. It doesn't. I said lesser D-prospects. Morrow and Pouliot are very much untouchable for a perceived rental.

Think Maata, Dumoulin, Harrington, maybe Bortuzzo, but note that Maata could be equally valued by the organization too. Notice the list and Maata is right after, Morrow. But if they had to do Maata + 1st to trump other teams....that's the absolute most id be willing to give up. Creeping up that list any further is just nonsense and pretty much takes away the 1st.

Derrick Pouliot
Simon Despres
Beau Bennett
Joe Morrow
Olli Maatta
Brian Dumoulin
Scott Harrington
Robert Bortuzzo
Teddy Blueger
Ken Agostino

Player by himself for Iggy would Be Despres since he's on the active roster playing very well I doubt anything is added if he's going the other way. I'd be OK with that.

Beau is absolutely untouchable for a rental period.

That's three absolutes on that list, Pouliot, Morrow, Bennett, won't be traded without some serious names that are signed longer term while being younger.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:18 PM
  #313
insaini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
That would be tough sell than...what bout Maatta? He's got size, good on both sides on the puck.
I would take Simon Despres over Maatta, if I were to choose

insaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:20 PM
  #314
Hennessy
Blank Space
 
Hennessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Country: United States
Posts: 7,202
vCash: 6908
Oh, look. It's a rumor turned into a fan proposal thread. Hooray. Look at this palatable excitement.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:34 PM
  #315
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaini View Post
I would take Simon Despres over Maatta, if I were to choose
Despres isn't going anywhere for a rental. He's an NHL D-Man, not a prospect anymore. Morrow won't be moved either, imo. The best prospect you'll squeeze out of the Pens is probably one of Pouliot, Maatta or Harrington. Pouliot is an offensive guy, Harrington a defensive guy and Maatta has two-way upside. Take your pick.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
  #316
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,675
vCash: 500
two 1st, a 2nd, for Iginla and a 5th? Get the hell out of here

Not a snowballs chance in hell I'd pay that kind of price for Iginla. Not even close.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:43 PM
  #317
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
No I think it will be about 8 teams
Van,La,SJ,Ana,Chi,Bos,NJ,Pits
Out of the teams you said here's how it would go down

Most Likely:
Pitt
Boston
Chi
LA

Maybe:
Van

No Way in Hell:
Ana
SJ
NJ

Anaheim doesn't have the pieces, Perry sure, but Calgary would have to overpay like crazy. SJ has less than Anaheim and NJ isn't going that far

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:45 PM
  #318
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaini View Post
I would take Simon Despres over Maatta, if I were to choose
That's insanity...you really expect Depres to be traded over Maatta...

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:52 PM
  #319
Flamesjustwin
Registered User
 
Flamesjustwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London ON
Posts: 674
vCash: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Out of the teams you said here's how it would go down

Most Likely:
Pitt
Boston
Chi
LA

Maybe:
Van

No Way in Hell:
Ana
SJ
NJ

Anaheim doesn't have the pieces, Perry sure, but Calgary would have to overpay like crazy. SJ has less than Anaheim and NJ isn't going that far
There is no way Iginla gets traded to Van. Feaster would be lynched and Iginla is not going to ruin his legacy in Calgary by going to play for their most hated rival. Zero chance.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:53 PM
  #320
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
I think most Flames fans would be okay with Maatta but the organization itself is another matter. They passed on Maatta in the draft, twice. Feaster's also on record saying that if Jankowski was taken, they would have gone with Seiloff. Maatta wasn't even or their radar.

It would likely have to be one of the Pens other defensive prospects.
Feaster is the only GM that would have taken Jankowski over Maata. Everyone laughed when that pick was name. The TV guys were stunned.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:54 PM
  #321
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
There is no way Iginla gets traded to Van. Feaster would be lynched and Iginla is not going to ruin his legacy in Calgary by going to play for their most hated rival. Zero chance.
I thought EDM was their most hated rival but OK, that's more to prove my point that he's not going to those teams...

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:55 PM
  #322
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Out of the teams you said here's how it would go down

Most Likely:
Pitt
Boston
Chi
LA

Maybe:
Van

No Way in Hell:
Ana
SJ
NJ

Anaheim doesn't have the pieces, Perry sure, but Calgary would have to overpay like crazy. SJ has less than Anaheim and NJ isn't going that far
I'm not too sure I'd put Pittsburgh in the most likely category. After all, we have more needs than adding to the best offense in the NHL. I'd put them in the maybe pile, depending on price. Shero has gone on record saying he isn't trading a first or top D prospects for a rental, which Iggy is.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:56 PM
  #323
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaini View Post
I would take Simon Despres over Maatta, if I were to choose
You can dream all you want. Despres isn't going, especially for a rental.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:57 PM
  #324
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I'm not too sure I'd put Pittsburgh in the most likely category. After all, we have more needs than adding to the best offense in the NHL. I'd put them in the maybe pile, depending on price. Shero has gone on record saying he isn't trading a first or top D prospects for a rental, which Iggy is.
Pretty sure he also said he wouldn't trade Gogo or Whitney...

And let's be real, they'd be in the most likely list because of Sid alone, anyone in the league would want to play with Sid if they had the chance...except if they were from Philly...

leafspensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:57 PM
  #325
DuklaNation
Registered User
 
DuklaNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
Morrow sounds totally overrated now. Even he admits that he didn't know how to play defense properly until this season. Obviously he has a lot of talent but to considered untouchable is far-fetched. He is not a sure thing.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.