HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 08:14 PM
  #976
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Friedman:

"The players feel they aren't deep enough to win it"

Writing on the wall folks. Gaborik for Weise, Higgins and a pick.
Lol please no. No one in Vancouver would interest me except for Kesler, and he's injured.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:15 PM
  #977
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Even if he made Team Canada, and even if they wanted to trade him, how does making Team Canada increase his trade value? GMs already know what they are getting with Girardi. Making the Olympic team is a stupid reason to justify value./
Of course it would. It would be quite an honor if Girardi plays himself onto the Canadian Olympic roster and does well. He'll have the 'big game experience' stigma attached to him during next year's deadline if/when Canada wins gold again.

Quote:
Also lol @ his durability. Dude is the most durable guy on the team.
Blocking 200 shots, 2oo hits taken, he'll wear it very soon.

It's like the first hummer you have, you love it to death and it's been good to you for many years but you're better off getting a newer car.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:16 PM
  #978
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Weber, keith, doughty, Pietro, Letang, Staal, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more Canadian defenseman, who would all be better than Girardi for Team Canada. Team Canada will be looking to out-run-and-gun everyone.
That's 6.... He'll be in the hunt for that last spot.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:18 PM
  #979
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Lol please no. No one in Vancouver would interest me except for Kesler, and he's injured.
Kassian/Jensen, Raymond, 1st, Lack/Cannata.

Helps the team for the future.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:18 PM
  #980
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Friedman:

"The players feel they aren't deep enough to win it"

Writing on the wall folks. Gaborik for Weise, Higgins and a pick.


No.

__________________
DMPD is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:20 PM
  #981
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
And I'm truly disgusted. The players 'don't think they can win'.

What a joke. What a way to piss away a season. Looks like the negativity here has rubbed onto the players.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:22 PM
  #982
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Asset management 101: You get a better return if you trade Gaborik and Boyle separately, otherwise Boyle is just a throw in.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:24 PM
  #983
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Kassian/Jensen, Raymond, 1st, Lack/Cannata.

Helps the team for the future.




Gaborik for Gaunce, Tanev and 1st get it done much rather do this deal. Rangers need depth at center.. Gaunce is a Mike Richards type forward.. has some skill with grit to his game..


http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476867

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:26 PM
  #984
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
move girardi... what are you guys out of your mind??? we lose games and this is what it comes to on here? please everyone keep your silly comments to yourself..

you are aware girardi and mcd played against Pitts top line and didn't let crosby have a point (16game point streak vs NYR) and they didn't do anything against them, until there was a miss match with crosbys line vs Strals and DZ where Dupres scored.. lets be smart on here.. one week its step, next week its gabs, now its Girardi and Mcd.. you guys are to much....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are aware one game doesn't make a player? Girardi has been generally awful this season, has never been as good as everyone seems to think he is (yet gives him a pass because Staal and McDonagh have been there to cover his ass), and has never been a real, consistent #2 d-man. He's a minute-eater, yes absolutely. A #2? No. Being able to physically be on the ice for 20+ minutes a game does not equate to you actually being effective and making good decisions for those 20+ minutes. Girardi is easily our most overrated defenseman and will likely reel in the biggest return aside from Staal/McDonagh. Get a real #2, one who can actually play defense (and hey, maybe some offense since our blueline has absolutely none this season) and go from there.

ck20 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:28 PM
  #985
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
And I'm truly disgusted. The players 'don't think they can win'.

What a joke. What a way to piss away a season. Looks like the negativity here has rubbed onto the players.
Did you see the Torts quote where he said the issues with the team couldn't be fixed this season? That's the type of mentality being instilled in the team now. No more of that Torts fire we've become accustomed to seeing. They're all going in to every game as if they are already defeated because that's what's in their head, and where does it stem? Look no further than the coach.

ck20 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:31 PM
  #986
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
That's 6.... He'll be in the hunt for that last spot.
Phaneuf

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:34 PM
  #987
Vidic15*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Did you see the Torts quote where he said the issues with the team couldn't be fixed this season? That's the type of mentality being instilled in the team now. No more of that Torts fire we've become accustomed to seeing. They're all going in to every game as if they are already defeated because that's what's in their head, and where does it stem? Look no further than the coach.
When did he say that? If that's true then what I've been saying about him looking after his own ass before the team is true. He's trying to extend his stay here for as long as possible.

Vidic15* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:39 PM
  #988
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
When did he say that? If that's true then what I've been saying about him looking after his own ass before the team is true. He's trying to extend his stay here for as long as possible.
Give me a minute to find it, I remember seeing it on SNY Rangers Blog back around when the season started, maybe half a dozen games in.

ck20 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:40 PM
  #989
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Gaborik for Gaunce, Tanev and 1st get it done much rather do this deal. Rangers need depth at center.. Gaunce is a Mike Richards type forward.. has some skill with grit to his game..


http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476867
Sorry, very little interest in Gaunce as of this moment. I'm sure he's a nice prospect, but he's likely 3-4 yrs away. I feel Kassian or Jensen can slot in the top 9 today and make an impact.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:45 PM
  #990
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
You are aware one game doesn't make a player? Girardi has been generally awful this season, has never been as good as everyone seems to think he is (yet gives him a pass because Staal and McDonagh have been there to cover his ass), and has never been a real, consistent #2 d-man. He's a minute-eater, yes absolutely. A #2? No. Being able to physically be on the ice for 20+ minutes a game does not equate to you actually being effective and making good decisions for those 20+ minutes. Girardi is easily our most overrated defenseman and will likely reel in the biggest return aside from Staal/McDonagh. Get a real #2, one who can actually play defense (and hey, maybe some offense since our blueline has absolutely none this season) and go from there.
im not overrating him at all..there are dman that are better then him.. guy hits, block shots, does it all IMO..EVERYONE HAS BEEEN AWFUL this year.. look where we are in the standings and what this team was suppose to do this year... ultimately win a CUPP!!! everyone is underachieving. he is def a top 4 dman in this league.. in this same trade thread people were saying trade DZ for ROR, trade mcd, trade hags in the beginning of the year.. Now its trade gabs, now today its trade girardi.. next week its going to be trade hank by the end of the season people are going to be saying Nash was a waste and we shouldve never got him... all i am saying is people on here over react like the world is ending or the sky is falling.. i am a HUGE ranger fan and want the best for the squad but some of you guys are ridiculous for wanting to trade players that are HUGE valuable assets that team's gm would give their right arm across the league to get our players...

people on here seem to forget people have down years and good years.. there are only a select few that bring it each and every year.. I am just glad some of you guys aren't the rangers gms bc we'd have the next milbury on our hand..

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:53 PM
  #991
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
im not overrating him at all..there are dman that are better then him.. guy hits, block shots, does it all IMO..EVERYONE HAS BEEEN AWFUL this year.. look where we are in the standings and what this team was suppose to do this year... ultimately win a CUPP!!! everyone is underachieving. he is def a top 4 dman in this league.. in this same trade thread people were saying trade DZ for ROR, trade mcd, trade hags in the beginning of the year.. Now its trade gabs, now today its trade girardi.. next week its going to be trade hank by the end of the season people are going to be saying Nash was a waste and we shouldve never got him... all i am saying is people on here over react like the world is ending or the sky is falling.. i am a HUGE ranger fan and want the best for the squad but some of you guys are ridiculous for wanting to trade players that are HUGE valuable assets that team's gm would give their right arm across the league to get our players...

people on here seem to forget people have down years and good years.. there are only a select few that bring it each and every year.. I am just glad some of you guys aren't the rangers gms bc we'd have the next milbury on our hand..
Girardi is definitely a top-4 minute-eater, but definitely not skill-wise. 75% of Girardi's career has been a down time. Like I said, being able to physically be on the ice for 20+ minutes a game does not make you effective for those 20+ minutes. Girardi's defensive partners make him look far, far better than he is individually and people give him a pass 9 times out of 10 because he'll block a shot or two. Rest of the time, however, he makes beyond ignorant plays with the puck which leads to the Rangers getting stuck in their own zone for an extra 2-3 minutes. I urge you to watch Girardi exclusively and tell me he's making good, smart plays when he has the puck (for all .5 seconds he holds on to it, since he almost always just throws it up the boards without looking what he's doing).

Like I said, Girardi is easily our most overrated defenseman. I never said you specifically were overrating him, but most of our fans and I'd imagine most of the league would too considering who he plays with. He will net the biggest return for being our worst, most movable asset. And like you're saying, GMs will apparently give their right arms for our guys, so soon might be the time to capitalize on that and in the process make Sather look like even more of a trade genius.

ck20 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:54 PM
  #992
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
When did he say that? If that's true then what I've been saying about him looking after his own ass before the team is true. He's trying to extend his stay here for as long as possible.
He also went on many radio shows last year, saying that he didn't think the team was ready yet.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:01 PM
  #993
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
He also went on many radio shows last year, saying that he didn't think the team was ready yet.
That's just more of his master motivation . The guy is a legit side show and just like Keenan , Billy Martin , Bobby Knight and all the other hothead ego maniac task masters out there eventually gets tuned out , or wears out his players . Hey Pro sports coaching is a tough racket guys ge fired . Only one guy is the big winner every year . Torts intentions are not ill but they are not currently looking to be working . He'd be the first one to admit that this is all about results .

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:03 PM
  #994
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
You are aware one game doesn't make a player? Girardi has been generally awful this season, has never been as good as everyone seems to think he is (yet gives him a pass because Staal and McDonagh have been there to cover his ass), and has never been a real, consistent #2 d-man. He's a minute-eater, yes absolutely. A #2? No. Being able to physically be on the ice for 20+ minutes a game does not equate to you actually being effective and making good decisions for those 20+ minutes. Girardi is easily our most overrated defenseman and will likely reel in the biggest return aside from Staal/McDonagh. Get a real #2, one who can actually play defense (and hey, maybe some offense since our blueline has absolutely none this season) and go from there.

I guess the people who voted him in the all star game were all dumb.
And you are smarter than the people who voted him as the 6th best dman in the NHL last season.

The guy blocks shots and plays great defense. He has been playing at less than 100% with nicks and bruises this year and you jump him.
Says a lot more about you than about Girardi.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:07 PM
  #995
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Girardi is definitely a top-4 minute-eater, but definitely not skill-wise. 75% of Girardi's career has been a down time. Like I said, being able to physically be on the ice for 20+ minutes a game does not make you effective for those 20+ minutes. Girardi's defensive partners make him look far, far better than he is individually and people give him a pass 9 times out of 10 because he'll block a shot or two. Rest of the time, however, he makes beyond ignorant plays with the puck which leads to the Rangers getting stuck in their own zone for an extra 2-3 minutes. I urge you to watch Girardi exclusively and tell me he's making good, smart plays when he has the puck (for all .5 seconds he holds on to it, since he almost always just throws it up the boards without looking what he's doing).

Like I said, Girardi is easily our most overrated defenseman. I never said you specifically were overrating him, but most of our fans and I'd imagine most of the league would too considering who he plays with. He will net the biggest return for being our worst, most movable asset. And like you're saying, GMs will apparently give their right arms for our guys, so soon might be the time to capitalize on that and in the process make Sather look like even more of a trade genius.
the guy strictly plays defense.. stops the person from scoring on our team, blocks a ridiculous amount of shots.. he struggles with the puck i agree with that, but to dimmish him bc of that is silly to say he just eats min.. plus a partner is there for a reason to be your better half so to speak.. you could go across the league and point out flaws on every top 4 dman and say they arent capable of playing in that spot.. give me a break with that.. i value your opinion and if you feel that way so be it.. but my main point is just speaking my mind is everyone criticizes and points out every flaw in someones game.. when everyone makes mistakes out there.. its a game thats filled with highs and lows.. and us fans make huge deals over every little thing.. just remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side..

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:10 PM
  #996
Kwayry
Registered User
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
I never said you specifically were overrating him, but most of our fans and I'd imagine most of the league would too considering who he plays with.
In other words, almost everybody overrates him except you.

I hope you realize the irony in that statement.


Last edited by Kwayry: 03-16-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:19 PM
  #997
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post

I guess the people who voted him in the all star game were all dumb.
And you are smarter than the people who voted him as the 6th best dman in the NHL last season.

The guy blocks shots and plays great defense. He has been playing at less than 100% with nicks and bruises this year and you jump him.
Says a lot more about you than about Girardi.
I think Girardi is awesome . So awesome in fact that I'm positive a team that is READY to compete for the cup would over pay for him and in the long run potentially make the team better . Remember all the tough decisions Chi made on who to sign and who to let walk .
Ladd
Versteeg
Campbell ( who had a great year )
Buff
Niemi
It's the way of the salary cap era. Either bottom out for a few years and get elite picks , or identify a core and sometimes for the greater good let a very very good player go in order to get cheaper assets or fill more glaring holes . Now if we look honestly at the NYR we would say that defense and goaltending are strong and Center depth and puck possession players are weak . We are not in position to tank so only way to get players is UFA ( which has been a nightmare ) . We have plenty of. 2 nd tier skill on offense but our top tier skill is failing . This is painfully obvious . If someone is willing to overpay with a good yiu g center or wing that is cheap and can contribute immediately ( next year) and a dead pick because that team is willing to go for win now how is that not good for the team over all

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:32 PM
  #998
EEL
Registered User
 
EEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HHI
Country: United States
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
The pieces just aren't working, that's all. We have too many 4th line players and we need to bring the skill level up on bottom six. Gabby is trending DOWN! Get what we can at deadline. Ship BB with him.

EEL is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:45 PM
  #999
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Got something backwards in Hotstove: Gaborik has 10 teams he cannot be traded to. I said it backwards because I am an idiot.
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...16395611238400

10 team no trade list.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:49 PM
  #1000
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,916
vCash: 500
If Vancouver is the team he goes to, Kassian has to be part of the deal. He is the player the Rangers should focus on. Perfect fit for the type of team Gorton and Clark are trying to ice.

Gaunce or Jensen need to be included as well + someone from them for cap purposes. I would be good with:

Kassian
Jensen
Raymond/Booth
1st

For

Gaborik
Boyle

NYR Viper is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.