HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon with a knee injury ?

Old
07-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Marksman

vCash: 500
Cote can certainly fill in for him for few weeks, even a month. Personally I'm more worried about the long term consequences this injury could have. Bouillon just signed large three year contract with Habs. Its a knee injury - lets hope it doesnt affect his main asset, speed. Btw. I wonder how much did Gainey and Co really know about his situation *before* giving him that contract. Seems like they got bit of surpriced like with that Kovalev surgery last season.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 07:36 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule View Post
I love Habs fans. We're seriously worried about an injury in July. A special brand we sure are
Training camp starts in less than two months, so if he requires surgery (which looks quite possible) then it's certainly a concern.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:38 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
I remember the guy: Niklas Nordgren. It was a very cheap shot, because he pushed Bouillon towards the boards at the last moment when the two players were chasing the puck for an icing. This is one of those hockey moments that I wish Don Cherry would flog as proof that the touch-up icing rule needs to abolished, as he's tried at least once in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I wonder if this is a result of that cheap hit from the Penguins player.. whos name I forget.

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:43 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Hmm, it's interesting that the expert is in Vail, where George Gillet resides. I wonder if he has some pull to get Bouillon in to see the doctor?

With both Streit and now Bouillon questionable to start training camp in about 6 weeks time, the Habs depth on defence is looking a little suspect. I wonder if Gainey would consider signing a UFA defenceman if Bouillon does require surgery that's likely to end his season (under a worse-case scenario)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Others on this site are much more capable than I, but here goes:

Francis Bouillon will go to Colorado to examine his left knee.
Canadien's defenseman, Francis Bouillon will have to go to Vail in Colorado Tuesday because of a persistent injury to his left knee. It will be evaluated in Vail by Doctor Steadman, an expert in this field. It is still not known if an operation to his knee will be necessary, but a final decision will be made in Colorado.

Old
07-31-2006, 08:44 AM
gars59

emelin

gars59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:57 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
IMO, think our d-man squad suck without Bouillon.

I like Bouillon, Markov and 1 game on 2 for Komisarek.

I'm tired to see Rivet in the Blue, White, Red Team.

Sourray, when he dont broke his stick 3 slapshot on 4, and when he dont get by guy like Spezza, he can do the job, but he need to play a little bit physical.

Mark Streit with the Canadiens is not the same Mark Streit i've seen at the Olympic ( Torino ) Streit was amazing with the puck.

I Very like our offensive squad, people who said we didnt have good players, if they all stay heatly, Koivu & Kovalev can hit de 80-90, Samsonov the 80, and Ryder and Higgins can score more then 30. So offensivly we rules.

I think we good a real number one d-man, Andrei Markov is one of my favorite MTL players, but he's more a number #2 defensmen then number one in a lot of team. But he's a great quarterback no doubt.

But we need a better shutdown d-men and get out Rivet ( i know its impossible ).

And for Dandenault, he did his job, like he always do.
Do you even watch hockey? Rivet sucks? Souray not physical? Are you sure you watch the Habs?

Rivet was our best d-man next to Markov last year. He is a rock and he's probably our second most important player. He used to be bashed all the time and now people love him. He's really improved.

Dandenault was great when he wasn't making up for Boullion's mistakes. I like Frankie but he's far from irreplacable.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:58 AM
TheHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscout View Post
I remember the guy: Niklas Nordgren. It was a very cheap shot, because he pushed Bouillon towards the boards at the last moment when the two players were chasing the puck for an icing. This is one of those hockey moments that I wish Don Cherry would flog as proof that the touch-up icing rule needs to abolished, as he's tried at least once in the past.
He did flag it, I remember him talking about it and going on about how it was a total cheap shot by Nordgren, how he never even looked at the puck.

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 09:05 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Well if that's the case then I'd expect Cote to take his place. It's only our 6th defense spot, so it's not the end of the world. Personally I like the idea of giving Cote a chance. Of course then there's always Streit ( ) if he's healthy.
I think it will be awesome to have Cote up with the big club. He won't play huge minutes and him and Komo will be the bruiser brothers like in the Mighty Ducks movie.

Old
07-31-2006, 09:05 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Do you even watch hockey? Rivet sucks? Souray not physical? Are you sure you watch the Habs?

Rivet was our best d-man next to Markov last year. He is a rock and he's probably our second most important player. He used to be bashed all the time and now people love him. He's really improved.

Dandenault was great when he wasn't making up for Boullion's mistakes. I like Frankie but he's far from irreplacable.
Dont you know, they are not local players so tyhey must automatically suck.

Quote:
I hope he's not gonna be out for a long time, without him the MTL d-man squad s*ck.
We finally have an example of what the idiot media in MTL does to form people's opinions of habs players.

Dude, get a clue.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
habscout

Ah good. I don't always watch Coach's Corner. I know that he's been a proponent of taking that rule out of the rule book. Cherry usually supports rule and equipment changes if it protects the players, which is admirable about him. It's dinosaur GM's like Bob Clarke who have been supporting the touch up rule for years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
He did flag it, I remember him talking about it and going on about how it was a total cheap shot by Nordgren, how he never even looked at the puck.

Old
07-31-2006, 10:11 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
I known all this story before, but i couldn't talk about it. A friend of mine know Bouillon very very much and said to me than Bouillon cannot skate, due to his knee. The Montreal Canadiens management wanted go Bouillon in surgery at the end of the season and, even if he was going to miss the season beginning until Christmas, the management didn't be concerned to sign him. But Bouillon was concerned about his new signing and also didn't want to go to surgery and miss an half-season. Then, he refused to go in surgery. But since a couple weeks, Bouillon cannot skate and it seems he will go in surgery finally, but he will miss a large part of the season, because the rehabilitation is 6 months...

Here's the true story, then what will we do???
Wow... if this is really true, it really looks like bad judgement, from both sides.

Going into that surgery now he could miss the action until late January! If I was GM I'd have required condition - take that surgery immediately, July 1st. That would have saved more that a month of time and Bouillon could have been ready to play after christmas break possibly.

If he really is due missing that much time I wonder if this puts Canadiens into the market for VV. He would make great long term subtitute, even upgrade in the position.

Old
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think it will be awesome to have Cote up with the big club. He won't play huge minutes and him and Komo will be the bruiser brothers like in the Mighty Ducks movie.
I think Cote has some decent potential to be an effective NHL defenseman. Plus he's listed 6-2/6-3 around 215 so he adds alot of size over Bubbles.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:39 AM
BigTimer*

So lets say Cote steps in and does an excellent job filling in for Boullion... we've basically got 1.8 in dead money on our cap for 3 years because of a #6-7 defencemen that the incompetents on CKAC wouldn't stop tossing salad for.

Last edited by montreal: 07-31-2006 at 12:46 PM. Reason: against the rules
BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Duster

Like many others, I wasn't thrilled about the amount or the duration of the Cube's contract. I hope Cote gets his chance.

Wouldn't it be interesting if he manages to take Bouillon's job away from him. If he does, what to do with the Cube? Who would want an undersized defenseman with knee problems who can't clear the front of the net, gets outmuscled for the puck regularly, and has limited offensive potential at almost $2 million per?

Edit : grammar

Last edited by Duster: 07-31-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Wow... if this is really true, it really looks like bad judgement, from both sides.

Going into that surgery now he could miss the action until late January! If I was GM I'd have required condition - take that surgery immediately, July 1st. That would have saved more that a month of time and Bouillon could have been ready to play after christmas break possibly.

If he really is due missing that much time I wonder if this puts Canadiens into the market for VV. He would make great long term subtitute, even upgrade in the position.
Where is my post??? Who did delete it and why??? Very interesting stuff, no???

"I known all this story before, but i couldn't talk about it. A friend of mine know Bouillon very very much and said to me than Bouillon cannot skate, due to his knee. The Montreal Canadiens management wanted go Bouillon in surgery at the end of the season and, even if he was going to miss the season beginning until Christmas, the management didn't be concerned to sign him. But Bouillon was concerned about his new signing and also didn't want to go to surgery and miss an half-season. Then, he refused to go in surgery. But since a couple weeks, Bouillon cannot skate and it seems he will go in surgery finally, but he will miss a large part of the season, because the rehabilitation is 6 months...

Here's the true story, then what will we do???
"

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 04:33 PM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Like many others, I wasn't thrilled about the amount or the duration of the Cube's contract. I hope Cote gets his chance.

Wouldn't it be interesting if he manages to take Bouillon's job away from him. If he does, what to do with the Cube? Who would want an undersized defenseman with knee problems who can't clear the front of the net, gets outmuscled for the puck regularly, and has limited offensive potential at almost $2 million per?

Edit : grammar
I don't realistically see that happening... Bouillon will still have a NHL job when he comes back. Also, we're likely to lose one of Souray or Rivet next year.... still having Bouillon under contract gives us some flexibility in that regard. I also don't think that Dandenault and Bouillon are un-tradeable with their contracts (Streit definitely isn't as well), so if one were to be traded next summer to open another d spot that wouldn't be hard to do. Bouillon outmuscled regularly? Sometimes, I'm sure, but he won a lot of pucks for the team with his 1-on-1 takeouts.

I'm not a huge fan of Boo's contract, but I still think he would've signed for more elsewhere this off-season, based on how the market played out. Therefore, I believe someone would acquire him via trade next year with a rehabbed knee if it came to that.

As for the effect of Cote stepping up on next year's team, it can only be good... if Bouillon comes back in January/Feb as some suggest, than we've just added our playoff depth on D and have to do one less thing come the deadline.

saskhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/209693.html

seems to be quite serious

Carbo dosent like what he sees

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 06:53 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Cote can certainly fill in for him for few weeks, even a month. Personally I'm more worried about the long term consequences this injury could have. Bouillon just signed large three year contract with Habs. Its a knee injury - lets hope it doesnt affect his main asset, speed. Btw. I wonder how much did Gainey and Co really know about his situation *before* giving him that contract. Seems like they got bit of surpriced like with that Kovalev surgery last season.

Gainey stated that he knew full well Kovalev would need to miss 6-8 weeks of the season BEFORE he signed him.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:10 PM
mommasue

Send a message via ICQ to mommasue Send a message via MSN to mommasue Send a message via Yahoo to mommasue
Quote:
I hope he's not gonna be out for a long time, without him the MTL d-man squad s*ck.
they will survive!! i hope

mommasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 12:19 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
The team went on a big winning streak at the end of last year after he got injured to make the playoffs so...hes good but dont overrate the guy please.
Ill re-quote myself for those panicking about this...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
Gainey stated that he knew full well Kovalev would need to miss 6-8 weeks of the season BEFORE he signed him.
I remember that too ... AFTER Kovalev was hauled back to docks for repairs.

Old
08-01-2006, 08:23 AM
CaptCrunch

Quote:

Well, Rivet used to suck real good in 2003-2004. Actually, I see him and Souray as the clunker brothers, one tends to know an increadible season when the other is a mess (Souray in 2003-2004 was a lot better than in 2005-2006!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Dont you know, they are not local players so tyhey must automatically suck.

We finally have an example of what the idiot media in MTL does to form people's opinions of habs players.

Dude, get a clue
Hey! Calm down Mr.Paranoid!

1) Local players who were critiqued last year: Dagenais, Ribeiro, Theodore

2) While you may be influenced by media (s?), I trust someone can appreciate Bouillon without being linked to the "idiot french media"

3)The get a clue comment was not necessary.

You get a clue!

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:37 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Where is my post??? Who did delete it and why??? Very interesting stuff, no???

???[/I]"

I deleted cause there's no way to prove what you said, and since we are on the net and anyone can make up anything, HF does not allow claims of inside info. I'm not saying what you claim is not true but that there's no source to back it up. It's a way to try and keep the info on these boards on a creditable level, outside of stated opinions. It's why threads about a trade happening with no source gets closed.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
Well, Rivet used to suck real good in 2003-2004. Actually, I see him and Souray as the clunker brothers, one tends to know an increadible season when the other is a mess (Souray in 2003-2004 was a lot better than in 2005-2006!).
Rivet only sucked when he was our #2 defenceman. It's not his fault that he was given a role that he's not suited to fill. He's a perfect 2nd pairing guy but you can't expect him to anchor the D. He'll anchor the team off the ice though. He's vital to keeping this team together, and so is Souray, although probably slightly less so.

Quote:
Hey! Calm down Mr.Paranoid!

1) Local players who were critiqued last year: Dagenais, Ribeiro, Theodore

2) While you may be influenced by media (s?), I trust someone can appreciate Bouillon without being linked to the "idiot french media"

3)The get a clue comment was not necessary.

You get a clue!
Dagenais, Ribeiro and Theodore had to REALLY, REALLY start sucking badly before they were critisized. I mean how short is your memory? Do you not remember how Dagenais was considered our best goalscorer by the 110% guys? I remember them saying that Dagenais was the only guy on the team capable of scoring 30 goals.

Ribeiro, well same thing. Last year he was the future of the team and our #1 centre and people were saying how Koivu was expendable then.

Theodore was our superstar and our darling and the future of the team as well. Even when he was playing badly, it was never his fault.

Local guys will get critisized, but only after a really rough stretch. They get alot of slack I find. I've never heard anyone on 110% give Begin crap for taking stupid penalties in the worst possible situations...They still refer to him as "Jésus Bégin" no matter what. He's good but he's not perfect, and as much as I like him, there's been more than one occasion where I'm screaming at my TV for his hotheaded penalties.

Old
08-01-2006, 10:05 AM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Ill re-quote myself for those panicking about this...
And I remember Bouillon not liking that too much (RDS) since the journalists would point this out to him...

He's a replaceable cog...now an expensive one.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote