HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 11:58 PM
  #126
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I am not a Nashville fan. But like I said before, they have a hard time attracting top end FA's. If Gaborik thrives in their system, and I don't see why not as he thrived under Lemaire in Minnesota, he can be convinced to stay. Plus they are starved for scoring. But that's just my opinion.
Their fans were not open to it. Not even Hornqvist straight up, due to age/contract status.

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 12:01 AM
  #127
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Their fans were not open to it. Not even Hornqvist straight up, due to age/contract status.
They were willing to deal Hornqvist + Blum + first.
Is Bourque + Klein >>>> Blum + first?
That's why I said 2nd maybe a problem.
They have tons of bottom 6 players, they need top end guys.

Edit: Gaborik is not Nash, but they are looking, or should be, at it the same way we did last season, you are willing to sacrifice some bottom 6 guys for that top end talent.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 12:12 AM
  #128
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
They were willing to deal Hornqvist + Blum + first.
Is Bourque + Klein >>>> Blum + first?
That's why I said 2nd maybe a problem.
They have tons of bottom 6 players, they need top end guys.

Edit: Gaborik is not Nash, but they are looking, or should be, at it the same way we did last season, you are willing to sacrifice some bottom 6 guys for that top end talent.
At the bolded, no, they were not. Maybe one was, but the for the majority, Hornqvist was not on the table, not even straight up. They were not receptive to Horny being moved, especially not with additions.

It was kind of like the Zib+Greening+1st offer. I mentioned it a few times here, few times on the trade board, people started repeating it, but at no point were any Ottawa fans actually open to doing that deal.

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 12:18 AM
  #129
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
At the bolded, no, they were not. Maybe one was, but the for the majority, Hornqvist was not on the table, not even straight up. They were not receptive to Horny being moved, especially not with additions.

It was kind of like the Zib+Greening+1st offer. I mentioned it a few times here, few times on the trade board, people started repeating it, but at no point were any Ottawa fans actually open to doing that deal.
Ok, then we must be reading different threads.
The Nashville trade was agreed to by more than 1 fan.
The Ottawa trade was offered by one of their mods.
There was a disagreement about the pick, they wanted it to be a 2nd not a first, I asked them to keep the pick and include Ceci, they refused, so it is Zibby, Greening and a 2nd rd pick as agreed to by more than 1 sens fan. I am sure there are many who disagreed, but it was an open thread and I did not read a lot of pushback on either trade.

After the fact, when the rumors of Gaborik being available and the tons of Gaborik for sale threads popping out that I stared reading about Gaborik is not worth the packages offered.


Edit: I believe Zenith was on that discussion as well.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 01:37 AM
  #130
JaeTM
Registered User
 
JaeTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
What about Dallas? I know they won't part with Benn, but maybe Eriksson? Although he's a stud on a great contract (although I read Stars fans are a bit unhappy with his production this year, but want to sit on him). But then again, it's doubtful Gabby would wanna go to Dallas...they are in need of defenseman. Maybe something tailored around MDZ? Idk...

JaeTM is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 01:40 AM
  #131
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
What about Dallas? I know they won't part with Benn, but maybe Eriksson? Although he's a stud on a great contract (although I read Stars fans are a bit unhappy with his production this year, but want to sit on him). But then again, it's doubtful Gabby would wanna go to Dallas...they are in need of defenseman. Maybe something tailored around MDZ? Idk...
lol.

Dallas wouldn't trade Eriksson for anyone on our roster. He is cream of the crop when it comes to elite wingers.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 01:41 AM
  #132
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,629
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
What about Dallas? I know they won't part with Benn, but maybe Eriksson? Although he's a stud on a great contract (although I read Stars fans are a bit unhappy with his production this year, but want to sit on him). But then again, it's doubtful Gabby would wanna go to Dallas...they are in need of defenseman. Maybe something tailored around MDZ? Idk...
Eriksson is better than Gaborik.

Dallas needs centerman and they need D. They're already a mess up front with several older, declining players taking up space.

IMO, if Gaborik is traded, he will be traded to one of the following teams: Ottawa, Vancouver, Detroit, Nashville, Los Angeles, or, maybe a dark horse here, Minnesota.

I'd say Detroit, Vancouver, and Nashville are the most realistic options.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 01:51 AM
  #133
JaeTM
Registered User
 
JaeTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Well, the Neal/Nisk for Goli trade worked for Pitt when they hosed Dallas. Maybe it's our turn to fleece them

JaeTM is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 02:00 AM
  #134
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Eriksson is better than Gaborik.

Dallas needs centerman and they need D. They're already a mess up front with several older, declining players taking up space.

IMO, if Gaborik is traded, he will be traded to one of the following teams: Ottawa, Vancouver, Detroit, Nashville, Los Angeles, or, maybe a dark horse here, Minnesota.

I'd say Detroit, Vancouver, and Nashville are the most realistic options.
I'd absolutely love to deal him for Zibanejad, but there's no way they'd do it. We need a young center with offensive upside.

Zil is online now  
Old
03-17-2013, 02:03 AM
  #135
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,629
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I'd absolutely love to deal him for Zibanejad, but there's no way they'd do it. We need a young center with offensive upside.
Same here. I've been advocating Gaborik for Zibs+ for a while now. I wanted him at the draft and I want him now. I've been high on him for a while.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 02:04 AM
  #136
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Eriksson is better than Gaborik.

Dallas needs centerman and they need D. They're already a mess up front with several older, declining players taking up space.

IMO, if Gaborik is traded, he will be traded to one of the following teams: Ottawa, Vancouver, Detroit, Nashville, Los Angeles, or, maybe a dark horse here, Minnesota.

I'd say Detroit, Vancouver, and Nashville are the most realistic options.
Dark horse for Gaborik is a bubble team that thinks he is the missing piece.
What about colorado, would Stasny + Elliott/Barrie +? work.
If I were the Avs I would swing. They get cap relief sooner and elite scorer with it.
For the Rangers it's more Dicey, that extra year of Stasny's contract messes up the plans. But if you are thinking of buying out Richards, not a bad back up plan.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 02:15 AM
  #137
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Dark horse for Gaborik is a bubble team that thinks he is the missing piece.
What about colorado, would Stasny + Elliott/Barrie +? work.
If I were the Avs I would swing. They get cap relief sooner and elite scorer with it.
For the Rangers it's more Dicey, that extra year of Stasny's contract messes up the plans. But if you are thinking of buying out Richards, not a bad back up plan.
Richards' contact nonwithstanding, I'd be on board with this. Stastny and Stepan would make a great 1a/1b option up the middle, and the Rangers fill a glaring hole in their prospect pool adding a young RH puck moving D

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 02:27 AM
  #138
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Not a fan of Stastny at all. Both his contract or play. He would be the next whipping boy here IMO.

I know it would be hard to do but if we move Gaborik we can't/shouldn't be taking much salary back. If that limits potential buyers so be it.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:13 AM
  #139
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 400
Oh boy...Gaborik is the least of our worries. He was the most effective player on the ice for us today. Let me know when Nash scores 40 goals in 2/3 of his seasons here. Gonna be a while. Gaborik is the better offensive player, and a better passer. Let me know when Nash gets 86 points with a fringe Nhler centering him. C'mon people....

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 03:18 AM
  #140
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Oh boy...Gaborik is the least of our worries. He was the most effective player on the ice for us today. Let me know when Nash scores 40 goals in 2/3 of his seasons here. Gonna be a while. Gaborik is the better offensive player, and a better passer. Let me know when Nash gets 86 points with a fringe Nhler centering him. C'mon people....
I'm a fan of him but want him traded in the off season not due to his performance but I think he can bring in some assets that makes this team better especially in the long run and of course for cap reasons.

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:32 AM
  #141
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,740
vCash: 500
Gaborik has 10 teams he can't be traded to. The Rangers don't want to retain any salary. Taking back a player with a decent cap hit would alleviate the salary concerns but it doesn't appear the Rangers are looking at that. We know VAN is not one of the teams on the list. Kassian had to be in deal. The Rangers like his potential and contract. $870,000 cap number for next season. He is not arb eligible in 14-15. Rangers sign him to a 2 year bridge contract. They would get him for the next 3 years at a good price. No fit with VAN.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 08:02 AM
  #142
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,867
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
This team needs to bring in some one who plays with an edge. Was it a coincidence last year the Rangers played their best when the games were chippy? This year they're playing like a bunch of choir boys.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 08:29 AM
  #143
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Oh boy...Gaborik is the least of our worries. He was the most effective player on the ice for us today. Let me know when Nash scores 40 goals in 2/3 of his seasons here. Gonna be a while. Gaborik is the better offensive player, and a better passer. Let me know when Nash gets 86 points with a fringe Nhler centering him. C'mon people....
Gaborik is the better offensive player and passer??!!!!!??

what games are you watching......if any?

Gabotrick is one of the MAIN problems on this team, right here, right now

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 08:37 AM
  #144
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
This team needs to bring in some one who plays with an edge. Was it a coincidence last year the Rangers played their best when the games were chippy? This year they're playing like a bunch of choir boys.
Everytime I see 'edge' and Gaborik in the same sentence I think of the game Gaborik played as a Wild @ MSG the year before he came to the Rangers.

I had a negative view of him before that game (I was at the game in Minn when he scored 5 goals against the Rangers) and even that game I felt it was a pretty soft 5 goals (is that possible?).

That game at MSG he was hitting everyone and was all over the ice. I was impressed with his grit and his scoring ability. I was at the game and watched him away from the puck. I used to record Ranger games and I wonder if I have that game saved somewhere. He was downright chippy!

abev is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:15 AM
  #145
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Well I'd rather not trade Gaborik to get depth, if it has to come to that then the price is going to be high.

Kassian, Raymond, Tanev, 1st.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:16 AM
  #146
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Everytime I see 'edge' and Gaborik in the same sentence I think of the game Gaborik played as a Wild @ MSG the year before he came to the Rangers.

I had a negative view of him before that game (I was at the game in Minn when he scored 5 goals against the Rangers) and even that game I felt it was a pretty soft 5 goals (is that possible?).

That game at MSG he was hitting everyone and was all over the ice. I was impressed with his grit and his scoring ability. I was at the game and watched him away from the puck. I used to record Ranger games and I wonder if I have that game saved somewhere. He was downright chippy!
All coaches preach not taking bad penalties . Gentleman John takes it to another level and in turn the team doesn't have any edge or fight .its just a mismatched group and really not all Torts fault . He didnt make Richards turn into a mediocre player with hardly any impact on th game . He didnt hit Staal in the eye . He didnt foresee CK not being able to compete at an NHL level . If the team was winning out the gate CK WOULD probably still be here and allowed to learn on the fly . Torts is in full self preservation mode right now and praying they can score 2 goals a game and HENKE stands on his head . So far thIs last week that's failed miserably . On top of that Nash disapeared on this road trip and when he's not a force and Gaborik isn't a force and Richards is a bust the team is going to lose ugly

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:18 AM
  #147
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Everytime I see 'edge' and Gaborik in the same sentence I think of the game Gaborik played as a Wild @ MSG the year before he came to the Rangers.

I had a negative view of him before that game (I was at the game in Minn when he scored 5 goals against the Rangers) and even that game I felt it was a pretty soft 5 goals (is that possible?).

That game at MSG he was hitting everyone and was all over the ice. I was impressed with his grit and his scoring ability. I was at the game and watched him away from the puck. I used to record Ranger games and I wonder if I have that game saved somewhere. He was downright chippy!
He has to feel safe to do that. Losing Prust, Rupp, and Bickel from the lineup makes it harder to find room out there. The Rangers Identity worked last year cause they could send out one combatant after another no matter how physical the game got. Adding one more player, and pushing McIlrath into Hamrlik's role should be explored before trading Gaborik.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:52 AM
  #148
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
With only next season left on his contract, I don't think it would be the end of the world to eat some of Gaborik's salary/cap hit, if it means getting a significantly better return by adding a few more teams bidding. We need money to re-sign our RFAs this summer, but not $7.5m of it.

If eating $2-3m of Gaborik's salary and cap hit gets you a significantly better return, it should be doable (assuming we're not also eating significant contracts coming back for him). I'd definitely rather eat $2-3m of dead space next season than bring back an albatross ala Booth/Ballard.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:57 AM
  #149
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
He has to feel safe to do that. Losing Prust, Rupp, and Bickel from the lineup makes it harder to find room out there. The Rangers Identity worked last year cause they could send out one combatant after another no matter how physical the game got. Adding one more player, and pushing McIlrath into Hamrlik's role should be explored before trading Gaborik.
I agree this team needs toughness and bad.. a spark to get the squad amped and instill fear so to speak into opponents minds.. rangers did that last year.. teams hated playing them bc they were physical and grinded the **** out of their opponents into submission.. teams knew they were in for a tough game.. they are soft as hell!! i would explore getting players in here before trading gabs as well.. torres, neil, ott, those types of players we need.. someone that can play reg shifts but provide the toughness we need..

the problem is the same guys are providing offense.. callahan, step, nash.... brad and gabs are no where to be found out there.. they need to step up and start earning there payday.. please stop the trade proposals to ott.. we are not getting zib.. the kid is playing like a stud in ott with spezza and some of there top guys out.. if theres a team that could use a shake up its SJ.. theyre struggling bad, and even have Burns playing fw for them..

gabs+ for pavs and clowe would work wonders here.. only time will tell and gabs can right the shipp if hes going to stay or go..

but i keep seeing things with Van tho, if it ment trading him there for some pieces i would do it.. hopefully try and get kesler.. but can anyone tell me what type of playing Kassian is.. hes young right?

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:10 AM
  #150
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Wait. Did we go down a part? Last Part was Part VI, now we're back at V.

Looks like we have 2 mods that can't do math.

Panfork is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.