vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Claw View Post
Feels like filppula is past he's prime
Filppula is a player that kind off breeds from quality
The better players he plays with the better results he gets
Now when the detroit team is starting to fade away slowly so is he

I wouldnt touch him unless he's for free and cheap and he's probably neither
Injuries are starting pile up too he's not been well this season , he got injured in the FEL league and it's not healed 100%
Sorry, but you're not making any sense and I don't even think we should trade for Filppula or try to sign him. He's definitely not past his prime, he's just entered it. It took time for his knee to heal properly, then he injured his shoulder but now he's back and he looks pretty much like he did last season (I've watched two of Detroit's games since he came back). Of course he'll produce better with elite players (that applies to most players), but the Wild just happens to have a center who's good enough to get Filppula to produce, so your point in that case is moot.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:14 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

I just really think we need a more established top 3 r winger. I wasn't going for another C, unless it would be someone that could fill multiple roles.

Coyle is coming along, but is he really a top 3 player? I don't know.... I'm having a hard time seeing it, but who knows I guess. It's hard to tell. He would make a pretty damned good second/scoring third line player, but maybe he can make it as a top 3.

Philly's not doing well, and they don't need more scoring, they need d and goalie. I still have a daydream about Simmonds... He would be perfect...

Old
03-17-2013, 03:36 AM
sioux210

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I just really think we need a more established top 3 r winger. I wasn't going for another C, unless it would be someone that could fill multiple roles.

Coyle is coming along, but is he really a top 3 player? I don't know.... I'm having a hard time seeing it, but who knows I guess. It's hard to tell. He would make a pretty damned good second/scoring third line player, but maybe he can make it as a top 3.

Philly's not doing well, and they don't need more scoring, they need d and goalie. I still have a daydream about Simmonds... He would be perfect...
Stl Blues - Tj Oshie

Min Wild - Devin Setoguchi

Old
03-17-2013, 03:55 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
Stl Blues - Tj Oshie

Min Wild - Devin Setoguchi
Yes because we're going to trade away our most productive right winger right?

To keep the UND theme going though and I've mentioned this before, I'd love the Wild to get Stafford to play alongside his buddy Parise. His cap hit isn't all that terrible and it would give Coyle a chance to continue to develop in the AHL as it's obvious his offensive game isn't quite NHL ready yet. His $4 million cap hit though means either Heatley or Bouchard is going the other way, along with a pick or prospect to even the value out.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:00 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Yes because we're going to trade away our most productive right winger right?

To keep the UND theme going though and I've mentioned this before, I'd love the Wild to get Stafford to play alongside his buddy Parise. His cap hit isn't all that terrible and it would give Coyle a chance to continue to develop in the AHL as it's obvious his offensive game isn't quite NHL ready yet. His $4 million cap hit though means either Heatley or Bouchard is going the other way, along with a pick or prospect to even the value out.
I like Stafford but holy ****, I didn't realize how poorly he's played this year. Still, I think you make a good point about bringing him on board to give Coyle more time to develop. I don't think they'd do Heatley for him (don't they have cap issues going forward?), and Bouchard has close to no value. So I really don't know what type of trade would make sense with them for him (unless they're scrambling to trade him).

Old
03-17-2013, 04:14 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
I like Stafford but holy ****, I didn't realize how poorly he's played this year. Still, I think you make a good point about bringing him on board to give Coyle more time to develop. I don't think they'd do Heatley for him (don't they have cap issues going forward?), and Bouchard has close to no value. So I really don't know what type of trade would make sense with them for him (unless they're scrambling to trade him).
That's one of the bigger reasons why I think now is the time to acquire him. Not only is he not having a very good season (by his standards at least), but Buffalo looks to be a team that will be selling at the deadline as they're not in contention for the playoffs. The problem is that if they're moving a physical right wing, they're going to be looking for a similar, younger player in return. And who fits that bill from the Wild? Coyle.

Also:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1378059

Old
03-17-2013, 04:35 AM
Eagle Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Sorry, but you're not making any sense and I don't even think we should trade for Filppula or try to sign him. He's definitely not past his prime, he's just entered it. It took time for his knee to heal properly, then he injured his shoulder but now he's back and he looks pretty much like he did last season (I've watched two of Detroit's games since he came back). Of course he'll produce better with elite players (that applies to most players), but the Wild just happens to have a center who's good enough to get Filppula to produce, so your point in that case is moot.
So zetterberg is the problem then ???

Knee
Shoulder
Next ??

Some players starts to buckle faster, Filppula might be one i wouldnt touch him

Wild has parisee already that has had knee surgery...

Old
03-17-2013, 04:43 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Claw View Post
So zetterberg is the problem then ???

Knee
Shoulder
Next ??

Some players starts to buckle faster, Filppula might be one i wouldnt touch him

Wild has parisee already that has had knee surgery...
Where did I say Zetterberg was the problem?

Old
03-17-2013, 07:34 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

If we're gunna go deep, we need a Chris Neil type, maybe a vet top 6 F and a depth D or a top 4 guy like Orpik, who will block shots.

Maybe Scuderi ?

Old
03-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Doobz89

I honestly don't see the Wild making any trades this deadline. It seems all lines are clicking pretty well right now and the D is playing good and we got guys scratched that can easily plug in for injured players. The only needs I see the Wild of possibly having if they had to make a trade are and 2nd pairing defenseman that is sound defensively essentially an upgrade over stoner or a power forward RW to take Coyles spot on the first line with Koivu, Parise for a playoff run. But then again if you trade for one of these spots you're gonna have to give someone off the roster. Do you guys agree?

Old
03-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I think if they are leading the division close to trade deadline, they might pick someone up. Fletcher has never had the opportunity and you know Leipold likes him to be aggressive.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:07 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I think if they are leading the division close to trade deadline, they might pick someone up. Fletcher has never had the opportunity and you know Leipold likes him to be aggressive.
They might pick someone up, but its likely not going to be a blockbuster of any sort. Any trade we make, those teams are going to be asking about prospects. And I don't see Fletch trading any of the ones people would want.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:39 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
how many teams will be far enough out of contention then to give up a productive forward? I'm guessing the West trade deadline will be pretty dull.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:01 PM
bbgarnett

Was wondering if anyone thinks the Wild would have any interest in either or both of these guys. From what I've heard and maybe I'm wrong but the wild were looking for a right handed shot on D which is Sami Salo and also seems like they maybe looking to add a another winger and maybe Purcell would be a fit, maybe not. I know he recently signed a three year deal so may not be on the trading block but you probably could of said the same for Setogouchi who had signed a three year deal and then be traded a few days later. Anyways would either or both be a fir for Minny and if so who would Tampa be targeting

I may start with something like this and add as needed

Min

Steven Kampfer

Johan Larsson

TB

Salo

Purcell

anyways what do you all think

Old
03-19-2013, 08:59 AM
DANOZ28

russo said during the 1st per intermission he will have an article in weds paper about possible trades and who the wild could be interested in. im happy cullen is playing better but where was this effort the last 2 years?????? PMB wont be with this team next year so try and get something 4 him. even stoner picked up his game last nite. i'd rather the wild do nothing than something stupid (see leddy trade).

Old
03-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
russo said during the 1st per intermission he will have an article in weds paper about possible trades and who the wild could be interested in. im happy cullen is playing better but where was this effort the last 2 years?????? PMB wont be with this team next year so try and get something 4 him. even stoner picked up his game last nite. i'd rather the wild do nothing than something stupid (see leddy trade).
If we're still expected to make the playoffs when the trade deadline comes up, I'm not sure if I see them getting rid of PMB. I don't see him getting re-signed regardless of his play this season, but the organization may view him as a more reliable option for the top 6 in the possible playoffs than a rookie like Zucker.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:30 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
If we're still expected to make the playoffs when the trade deadline comes up, I'm not sure if I see them getting rid of PMB. I don't see him getting re-signed regardless of his play this season, but the organization may view him as a more reliable option for the top 6 in the possible playoffs than a rookie like Zucker.
right...Some people have a difficult time accepting that keeping a player doesn't mean we're losing him for nothing in the offseason. Teams keep free agents to keep their team as competitive as possible if they're likely to make the post season. It'd be easier to trade Bouchard away because we have a kid that's stepped in that slot and done well, but it's still kind of tricky because playoff success >>> getting something for the future. Any owner would tell you that. $$ We could pay off both Suter and Parise's bonuses with deep playoff run.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM
NugarifiK

It's Eklund...

"Staying in NY, I am hearing more and more that the Isles and Wild could be discussing Okposo moving back home to Minnesota to join friend Parise..."

Old
03-19-2013, 01:35 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugarifiK View Post
It's Eklund...

"Staying in NY, I am hearing more and more that the Isles and Wild could be discussing Okposo moving back home to Minnesota to join friend Parise..."
Would not surprise me, to be honest.

Hopefully it's not anything of value. Phillips + 3rd or something. Meh.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugarifiK View Post
It's Eklund...

Okposso is garbage, don't want.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1068
Is Okposo any good? I remember him being solid in WC a few years back.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:42 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Eklunds probably just saying that because he thinks we're trying to make some stupid all-MN team or whatever.

And no to Okposo as well. We have enough players like him.

We need a top winger, not some mid-range scrub.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Dr Jan Itor

I'd take a flier if the price was right.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Okposos isn't garbage and he is only 24 yrs old. I would be more than happy to have him on the roster.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

If Okposo can't bury the served-on-a-silver-platter passes from John Tavares in NY, I doubt he'd be able to do that here. I think he'd be more frustrating than Miettinen. And we'd have to give up something to acquire him.

Closed Thread