HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

kindl 27 points, + 49 over a 82 game season

Old
03-17-2013, 03:21 AM
14ari13

vCash: 500
+4 last night which makes it +14 on the season and now he is tied for 4th in +/- in the league among Dmen. Not bad.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:38 AM
silkyjohnson50

He gets a little antsy in his own zone with the puck. I've noticed he ices some pucks that he doesn't have too (White has been doing this a lot this year as well.) He also gets caught pinching at times.

But he definitely has a solid game with and without the puck offensively. Datsyuk has found him for the goal vs Columbus and he snuck up for Datsyuk to feed him for a good chance in tonight's game as well. Good things are happening when he's on the ice.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:39 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

"**** Ez, Kindl Sucks" -Almost everyone that ever entered my LGW thread about him two years back.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Kindl's development seems to be very similar to Ericsson's. I'm genuinely surprised.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Kindl's development seems to be very similar to Ericsson's. I'm genuinely surprised.
Holland is such a bad GM that he developed Kindl this bad way, and Babcock's doghouse also has destroyed Kindl as a player as we see.

Both should be FIRED!

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:49 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Holland is such a bad GM that he developed Kindl this bad way, and Babcock's doghouse also has destroyed Kindl as a player as we see.

Both should be FIRED!
Sarcasm doesnt work here since Kindl was arguably supposed to be this 3 years ago and clearly regressed for a while.

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 03-17-2013 at 09:04 AM.
CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:06 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Sarcasm doesnt work here since if he didn't regress first no one would be surprised.
One wonders how Babcock's "doghouse players" would look now if he didn't stick them there when they were playing well.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Shadywing19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
"**** Ez, Kindl Sucks" -Almost everyone that ever entered my LGW thread about him two years back.
And 2 yrs ago kindle did suck. There was a reason it took him so long to nab a top six role with the team. And it wasn't because he was impressing. This year, he has been solid. Showing he belongs. Good to see

Shadywing19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:40 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:

Both should be FIRED!
Agreed.
Kindl is 2-3 years behind where he should be and probably would have been waiver wired if not for all the injuries

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Frk It
#Snipequist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
They have taken a similar path for sure, but it should be less surprising to see Kindl actually playing well since he was a 1st round pick and Ericsson was a 9th round pick.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Brick Top
I love goooold!

Quote:

Both should be FIRED!
Yes, because this is EXACTLY how an NHL team would choose to script a 1st rounder's development- stuck in the minors, left off the NHL team and later scratched in favor of dime-a-dozen D-men, and just now showing that he actually belongs in the NHL at the super young age of 26.

Ericsson and Kindl taking so long to develop as players is a clear indicator that the Wings really know how to bring their young defensemen the best way possible.

I'm sure Sproul and Ouellet are hoping the organization prepares them half as well/quickly/efficiently as it did E and Kindl.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Flowah
I choose to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywing19 View Post
And 2 yrs ago kindle did suck. There was a reason it took him so long to nab a top six role with the team. And it wasn't because he was impressing. This year, he has been solid. Showing he belongs. Good to see
Pfffffft. I could tell, and was saying last year, how Kindl was a decent enough player to be with the Wings full time and how he was better than Quincey.

Let's not act like people are held back on this team for lack of skill or showing they belong. Or have we forgotten Tatar? Or how Lashoff can make mistake after mistake and still be played?

Last edited by Flowah: 03-17-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Flowah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Reds4Life
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Both should be FIRED!
Hopefully next season.

Reds4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Heaton
||||||||||||||||||||

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Agreed.
Kindl is 2-3 years behind where he should be and probably would have been waiver wired if not for all the injuries
I heard they tried to waive him before Quincey in 2009.

I think at this point Kindl is either traded or becomes a fixture in Detroit's defense. He's gotten better almost every game this year - glad to see he's panning out.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Crymson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Agreed. I still think he'll be traded for a legit top 2 defensemen.
Extremely doubtful. With deadline price inflation and the cost of a top-pairing defenseman, it would take a prohibitive amount to obtain another top-two defenseman.

That said, I don't see how Ericsson and Kronwall are not top-pairing guys.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:25 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Extremely doubtful. With deadline price inflation and the cost of a top-pairing defenseman, it would take a prohibitive amount to obtain another top-two defenseman.

That said, I don't see how Ericsson and Kronwall are not top-pairing guys.
I question the hockey wisdom of anyone who thinks Kronwall-Ericsson is a good first pairing in the NHL.

Ericsson has quickly become the most overrated player on the Red Wings. People act like he's some sort of defensive monster back there

Old
03-17-2013, 01:30 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I heard they tried to waive him before Quincey in 2009.

I think at this point Kindl is either traded or becomes a fixture in Detroit's defense. He's gotten better almost every game this year - glad to see he's panning out.
Kindl is an offensive defenseman
He spent all of last year on the third pairing with third and fourth line forwards.

He wasn't very good last year. But he was OK

Old
03-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Kindl is a 3rd pairing d-man after 8 years of development. Does that make him a good choice with the #19 overall pick in the draft? I think the answer obvious, unless you think the Red Wings organization - a team that drafted and developed Pavel Datsyuk, Hank Zetterberg, Nick Lidstrom, Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Chris Osgood, Jimmy Howard, Vladimir Konstantinov, among many others - has no idea how to develop hockey players and as a result are responsible for retarding Kindl's development.

Good luck with that one.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:16 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Kindl is right where he should be at this point. His stunted development was no one's fault but his own. This idea that he regressed because he was held back in some way is completely backwards. I give him a lot of credit this year for showing he belongs, but he's a different player now than he was a few years ago, or two years ago, or even last year. He's better now.

Kronwall-Ericsson are a serviceable top pair, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure, the preference would be to have a quote-on-quote #1 dman, with Kronwall riding shotgun and Ericsson on the 2nd pair, but these guys have done a pretty good job. Welcome to the salary cap era.

Lashoff has quickly become the most underrated player on the Red Wings. I question the hockey wisdom of anyone who trashes him as much as a handful of posters have around here. The kid makes solid play after solid play in his own zone. Mistakes? Of course, he's a rookie. All things considered though, he's been a very pleasant surprise.

And speaking of polarizing rookie defensemen, where's all the talk about Smith? I heard this kid was supposed to be an offensive defenseman.

Also, first game back, so he gets some leeway, but man was White horrible last night. Worst "+3" game I've seen in my life. Finally gets his blabber mouth in a game and he was a turnover machine.

Ian White's breakfast of choice:

/endIanWhitehijack

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:24 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Yeah, i thought Lashoff looked really good getting burned for a 2-on-1 six seconds into last night's game.

Totally underrated

Old
03-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Brick Top
I love goooold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Kindl is right where he should be at this point. His stunted development was no one's fault but his own. This idea that he regressed because he was held back in some way is completely backwards. I give him a lot of credit this year for showing he belongs, but he's a different player now than he was a few years ago, or two years ago, or even last year. He's better now.

Kronwall-Ericsson are a serviceable top pair, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure, the preference would be to have a quote-on-quote #1 dman, with Kronwall riding shotgun and Ericsson on the 2nd pair, but these guys have done a pretty good job. Welcome to the salary cap era.

Lashoff has quickly become the most underrated player on the Red Wings. I question the hockey wisdom of anyone who trashes him as much as a handful of posters have around here. The kid makes solid play after solid play in his own zone. Mistakes? Of course, he's a rookie. All things considered though, he's been a very pleasant surprise.

And speaking of polarizing rookie defensemen, where's all the talk about Smith? I heard this kid was supposed to be an offensive defenseman.
Not sure I agree with you on Kindl- hard for me to sign off on a former 1st rounder taking until age 26 to show that he MIGHT be able to be a 2nd line pairing guy in this league. He's been inconsistent but I don't think the Holland/Babcock tag team (really need to think of a tag team name for those 2 if they were in the WWE) have done him many favors, either.

To me, Lashoff looks like he has the ceiling of a #6 guy at best- hasn't been terrible, but it seems like Babs has really limited his IT against the better lines for the opposition. I get that he's a rookie, but I still don't know what the big rush was for Holland to lock him up with a 3 year deal. I don't see there being a line of suitors out door dying to try to steal him from Detroit after the season. Came up in the Dekeyser thread, but I REALLY hope Kenny wouldn't pass on pursuing DD just b/c he signed Lashoff to a 3 year deal.

Agree that Kronwall-E are a serviceable top pairing, but the Wings need much better quality depth behind them to make it work if that's the way Holland wants to go. I hope that Smith becomes part of that improved depth (hell, I hope he passes both guys to become a top pairing D-man), but this has been a rocky season for him so far.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:44 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Yeah, i thought Lashoff looked really good getting burned for a 2-on-1 six seconds into last night's game.

Totally underrated
Rookie mistake, they happen, as I said. To hone on that and ignore all the good plays he makes is what makes people say you and others "hate" Lashoff. Makes your view appear skewed and irrational.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Frk It
#Snipequist

Quote:

Also, first game back, so he gets some leeway, but man was White horrible last night. Worst "+3" game I've seen in my life. Finally gets his blabber mouth in a game and he was a turnover machine.

Ian White's breakfast of choice:

/endIanWhitehijack
I'll disagree a bit here. The two players you are mentioning specifically are treated completely different. Lashoff gets to play consistent minutes regardless of his mistakes. If Kindl did what Lashoff did last night in years past he was benched the rest of that game, then scratched for a period of time. Lashoff is clearly one of Babs favorites, while Kindl has clearly been one Babs doesn't favor.

If Kindl was given the chance to play through his mistakes sooner and did not have to worry so much, he may have gotten to this level of confidence and composure in his game much sooner. We'll never know because every year but this year he has been yanked as soon as he made a bad turnover in his own end.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:15 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Rookie mistake, they happen, as I said. To hone on that and ignore all the good plays he makes is what makes people say you and others "hate" Lashoff. Makes your view appear skewed and irrational.
blah blah blah.

When you continually overrate a kid who wasn't very good in the AHL, it's not me who looks irrational and skewed.

Go back to the A, learn positioning. Get tougher. Play with more intensity. And maybe you can be something

Old
03-17-2013, 03:31 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
blah blah blah.

When you continually overrate a kid who wasn't very good in the AHL, it's not me who looks irrational and skewed.

Go back to the A, learn positioning. Get tougher. Play with more intensity. And maybe you can be something
'blah blah blah'

Many players who have succeeded in the NHL, whether it be as a top-six forward or a bottom-pairing defenseman, played at a level in the AHL that belied that later success. Even Babcock mentioned early in Lashoff's call-up that he was playing better at the NHL level than he often did at the AHL level, which was surprising, but happens. Not to mention Lashoff's injury struggles the past few years, which hampered him. So your point about the AHL is swiss cheese, Bob. Your take on Lashoff continues to be well off