HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 02:09 PM
metmag

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I hope novokuznetsk,chekhov or some other poor club with no market and bad arena gets thrown out of the league ASAP for these teams to make room.
They have a market and a great hockey development system. They overachieve almost every season with one of/the lowest budgets in the league. Finances is their only issue. Would be really sad to see them go.

As much as I love Vityaz, their arena is getting embarrassing for the KHL and AFAIK there is no new one planned. I think their destiny is the VHL unfortunately

Old
03-16-2013, 03:15 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
They have a market and a great hockey development system. They overachieve almost every season with one of/the lowest budgets in the league. Finances is their only issue. Would be really sad to see them go.

As much as I love Vityaz, their arena is getting embarrassing for the KHL and AFAIK there is no new one planned. I think their destiny is the VHL unfortunately
Hope Kuznetsk can stay, Vityaz GTFO... or at least to Sochi

Old
03-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
I would be a huge supporter of the Norwegian team if they got in. Medvescak is also awesome, not sure about the Polish club tho. Still most excited for Milan. They have some hockey culture in northern Italy and some decent players with potential to develop their own not worse than Donbass for example. The next few seasons will be very interesting in the KHL. I think Slovan and Lev opened the floodgates. If this second wave of European entries is successful, I dont see how the Finns or even the Swedes would pass on the opportunity
If no one supplies the funding, it's very easy.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I hope novokuznetsk,chekhov or some other poor club with no market and bad arena gets thrown out of the league ASAP for these teams to make room.
Novokuznetsk has pretty good junior development system (arguably better than SKA) and it would be a loss for Russian hockey if it was demoted to the VHL like Lada was before. Hopefully they can pull through.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:37 AM
Spektanto

Medvescak will apply to join at the end of May if they have opportunities for it. In Russian

Old
03-17-2013, 03:30 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektanto View Post
Medvescak will apply to join at the end of May if they have opportunities for it. In Russian
it is too late to apply. The decision will be known, IMO, early May. If they want to apply, they must do it until late March

Old
03-17-2013, 04:14 AM
hockeyamateur

Today the leading Norwegian hockey magazine will have a meeting with Vladimir Shalaev(Hockey Operations Vice-President of KHL) in the matter of Stavanger Oilers and the KHL application.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:35 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyamateur View Post
Today the leading Norwegian hockey magazine will have a meeting with Vladimir Shalaev(Hockey Operations Vice-President of KHL) in the matter of Stavanger Oilers and the KHL application.
What magazine is it? Can you send a link later? Or inform us?

Old
03-17-2013, 07:25 AM
russianhockey

im also interessted.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:43 AM
hockeyamateur

Former Hockeymagasinet, now called Hockeynytt since early 2013.

They will have more information to reveal on this matter sometime during this day they said yesterday.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
im also interessted.
Oh, you're joining the KHL as well???

Old
03-17-2013, 08:24 AM
russianhockey

no , just about the results of this meeting

Old
03-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Spektanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
it is too late to apply. The decision will be known, IMO, early May. If they want to apply, they must do it until late March
Well, if it's allowed to apply for joining not at the next season, but some time further - in this case I get it. But if it's not so: they apply till the end of April and a month later say "Sorry, we're not ready to join you" - what's the sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Oh, you're joining the KHL as well???
I think it would be very entertaining
Attached Images
File Type: png RussianhockeydotdeinKHL.png‎ (14.2 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Spektanto: 03-17-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old
03-17-2013, 12:10 PM
russianhockey

when i will get a spot, i will hire all u guys here, as scouts, responsibles, coaching staff...maybe also as players

i think we will have a great team

2getha we strong

Old
03-17-2013, 12:29 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
when i will get a spot, i will hire all u guys here, as scouts, responsibles, coaching staff...maybe also as players

2getha we strong
I think i would make for a great scout

Old
03-17-2013, 01:08 PM
russianhockey

any suggestions 4 the headcoach?
i have one, maybe

Old
03-17-2013, 01:22 PM
hockeyamateur

Okay guys, here it is.

http://hockeynytt.no/h/petter-thores...ledes-pa-ting/

I will try to sum it up.

Petter Thoresen = Coach of Stavanger Oilers.
Petter Salsten = President of the Norwegian ice hockey federation(NIHF).

Hockeynytt: Has there been any official discussions for Stavanger Oilers to join the KHL, and on which level is this discussion?
Vladimir Shalaev: Yes there has been a very serious discussion. They want to join and we see them as a future team to join our league.

Hockeynytt: Have you received an official application from them?
Vladimir Shalaev: I just know that the club and the KHL has been in frequent contact with each other. You must ask Alexander Medvedev, he has the responsibility for these kinds of contact.

Hockeynytt: We feel that you and your associates are interested in the Norwegian market, but we also know that there is talk about other teams from Germany, Italy and Poland. How big of a chance has the Norwegian team compared to the rest?
Vladimir Shalaev: The Norwegian team has big chances, indeed. We look at Norway as a great market with a growing hockey for the past few years. Your national ice hockey federation should be very interested in this.

Hockeynytt: How do you comment on these rumors?
Petter Thoresen: I have said before that we are interested in joining the KHL. It would have been good for the interest and growth of hockey here in Norway. We must have the courage to believe in something bigger, and to join the worlds next best league would be something huge. If we don't believe in this we can't achieve anything.

Hockeynytt: In several European teams in the KHL they have a big part of the national team as rosters, this is something that you want as well?
Petter Thoresen: Of course this would be the optimal solution. The audience would be able to watch the best Norwegian players, and our guys would get the best matching possible. The only problem I see would be the economy.

Hockeynytt: Would the NIHF allow a Norwegian club to leave GET-ligaen to join the KHL?
Petter Salsten: I don't have a direct answer to give you. But we are positive to all kind of European play, be it the European Trophy, a European league, a Scandinavian league, different tournaments, Champions League or the KHL. If we can see a gain in letting a club leave we are positive to it.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:

2getha we strong
I can scout Finnish players for you.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:07 PM
russianhockey

great
now we have only 2 find some sponsors.

where we should build the arena?

Old
03-17-2013, 02:15 PM
russianhockey

hockeyamateur, thank you for this exclusive stuff!!!

Old
03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Masson

propose to build arena in Chernobyl ))

Old
03-17-2013, 03:37 PM
metmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
If no one supplies the funding, it's very easy.
Exactly, its a matter of want. Right now they dont want to.

It it stupid to suggest that top European 1st world economies such as Sweden or Finland cant afford to sponsor a team in the 2nd best league in the world. Especially since it is not some obscure sport, but a top national sport in the country.
So when this second wave of expansions joins(and succeeds), I think that many people will want it, or seriously consider it.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:41 PM
metmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyamateur View Post
Okay guys, here it is.

http://hockeynytt.no/h/petter-thores...ledes-pa-ting/

I will try to sum it up.

Petter Thoresen = Coach of Stavanger Oilers.
Petter Salsten = President of the Norwegian ice hockey federation(NIHF).

Hockeynytt: Has there been any official discussions for Stavanger Oilers to join the KHL, and on which level is this discussion?
Vladimir Shalaev: Yes there has been a very serious discussion. They want to join and we see them as a future team to join our league.

Hockeynytt: Have you received an official application from them?
Vladimir Shalaev: I just know that the club and the KHL has been in frequent contact with each other. You must ask Alexander Medvedev, he has the responsibility for these kinds of contact.

Hockeynytt: We feel that you and your associates are interested in the Norwegian market, but we also know that there is talk about other teams from Germany, Italy and Poland. How big of a chance has the Norwegian team compared to the rest?
Vladimir Shalaev: The Norwegian team has big chances, indeed. We look at Norway as a great market with a growing hockey for the past few years. Your national ice hockey federation should be very interested in this.

Hockeynytt: How do you comment on these rumors?
Petter Thoresen: I have said before that we are interested in joining the KHL. It would have been good for the interest and growth of hockey here in Norway. We must have the courage to believe in something bigger, and to join the worlds next best league would be something huge. If we don't believe in this we can't achieve anything.

Hockeynytt: In several European teams in the KHL they have a big part of the national team as rosters, this is something that you want as well?
Petter Thoresen: Of course this would be the optimal solution. The audience would be able to watch the best Norwegian players, and our guys would get the best matching possible. The only problem I see would be the economy.

Hockeynytt: Would the NIHF allow a Norwegian club to leave GET-ligaen to join the KHL?
Petter Salsten: I don't have a direct answer to give you. But we are positive to all kind of European play, be it the European Trophy, a European league, a Scandinavian league, different tournaments, Champions League or the KHL. If we can see a gain in letting a club leave we are positive to it.
Great interview, thank you.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Exactly, its a matter of want. Right now they dont want to.

It it stupid to suggest that top European 1st world economies such as Sweden or Finland cant afford to sponsor a team in the 2nd best league in the world. Especially since it is not some obscure sport, but a top national sport in the country.
So when this second wave of expansions joins(and succeeds), I think that many people will want it, or seriously consider it.
You need to check up on the condition of Finnish economy and sports sponsorship before you start making such statements. Though those two aspects are much better in Sweden, the same applies there as in Finland. Fans don't want it. In Finland the only possible candidates, HIFK and Jokerit care enough/too much about their fans to do something so major against their will.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masson View Post
propose to build arena in Chernobyl ))
"Hey ref, is it legal to use three hands on the stick?"

Last edited by Jussi: 03-18-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Closed Thread