HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price doesn't steal games

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 01:06 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post

What a creeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
looks like Mr.Bean

Old
03-17-2013, 01:09 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

Can you get Markov on the left side when he moves over while Mr Bean is on the right?

Old
03-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Can you get Markov on the left side when he moves over while Mr Bean is on the right?
Sure I could - but my rates go up after 1AM, and I doubt you'd be willing to pay what I'll be charging

Old
03-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

hahaha, well done Bloumeister. I might be tired, but that got a good laugh out of me.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
hahaha, well done Bloumeister. I might be tired, but that got a good laugh out of me.
Lucky you. I'm too tired to laugh

Hitting the sack

Old
03-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Peace

Damn, never noticed Markov has the same eyebrows as Mr Bean ...

Old
03-17-2013, 01:48 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
It's not Price's fault if they do lift it; you can only cover so much space. You are presupposing me for one of the haters when I am not. But Lady Luck was on his side tonight that the pucks hit him instead of going behind him.
No, I didn't take your comment to be a typical Price-hate comment, was just positing the perspective of how a goalie should play, i.e., the way Price did. As for being lucky, his pad work was terrific tonight and he really saw through the traffic and cut the angles. Just good goaltending. Obviously there's a lot in hockey that's lucky, but I thought he looked super confident in the net and like I said, his positioning was perfect.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Habs best debute in the last 20 years has been 42 points in 30 games (20-8-2).

They beat it tonight with 42 points in 28 games.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:55 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Seriously, Eller is looking more and more comfortable, and you literally see shades of Hossa/Sundin at certain times. Obviously, he's not there yet, and who knows into what he develops but he's damn impressive this year.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:01 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Seriously, Eller is looking more and more comfortable, and you literally see shades of Hossa/Sundin at certain times. Obviously, he's not there yet, and who knows into what he develops but he's damn impressive this year.
He still has to get better at feeding/finding his linemates though. A couple of time he was successful in gaining the zone tonight but held on to the puck too long. If he could learn how to feed his linemates after gaining the zone (which he's one of our best players at to begin with) at the right time, he could be even more efficient offensively.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Savannah Skunk

As a sens fan responding to the title of this thread...,

Yes he does!

You guys are damned lucky to have such a great young Canadian goaltender. There are probably 25 other NHL teams that would kill for Price. Now you also have a good team to support him.

Enjoy the ride.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:39 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
He still has only 4 goals... and a long way to go.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:31 AM
BrimStone64

At 6.5 million a year and a top 5 pick these kind of games are expected of Price

Old
03-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Kikizaz

Quote:
I actually think he's much more of a Forsberg type player this season. A few reasons why:
First and foremost, Mats Sundin had some of the most beautiful slapshot goals I've ever seen. Lars Eller has not shown he possesses an even adequate slap shot. This season, Lars has ramped up his physical play and is now one of our best along the boards, the way he is able to make space for himself, and take the puck quickly from the boards to the centre of the ice identifies very closely with Forsberg. But, either way, I'm stoked for Eller.

Great game by price/subban/plek and most of the team.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:32 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Habs best debute in the last 20 years has been 42 points in 30 games (20-8-2).
They beat it tonight with 42 points in 28 games.
What season was that?

Old
03-17-2013, 05:18 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
Tiny or Tinman
My vote is for Tiny. Very good.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:47 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

ugh...it's not that people are critical of our players but it's just how they do it sometimes.

"about time Price stepped up" or whatever garbage sometimes get written. Price hasn't been top notch but it's not like he's been utter garbage and costing us wins.

I just can't stand when some poster clearly doesn't like a certain player for some weird reason so they have to bash him at every chance.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:41 AM
poetryinmotion

I just went to do some morning readin' on the Devil's GDT... and man 'o man.. I'm not even 'french' or 'quebecois' but what a bunch of ****ing antisemitic mother ****ers.

How is that tolerated on their board? And fueled by a moderator no less?

Simply, utterly, baffled.

Oh and I'm not really looking for a discussion on this topic, so no need to reply just an observation I don't want to start anything over here.

/rant

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 03-17-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old
03-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I just went to do some morning readin' on the Devil's GDT... and man 'o man.. I'm not even 'french' or 'quebecois' but what a bunch of ****ing antisemitic mother ****ers.

Their team isn't very good and they know it, so they just trash other people. They have a -9 goal differential and have scored only 72 goals (2 more than the mighty Panthers). I think they have something like 2 regulation wins in their last 20 or something like that. They aren't a good team and I'd be surprised if the Devils make the playoffs.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:57 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Their team isn't very good and they know it, so they just trash other people. They have a -9 goal differential and have scored only 72 goals (2 more than the mighty Panthers). I think they have something like 2 regulation wins in their last 20 or something like that. They aren't a good team and I'd be surprised if the Devils make the playoffs.
And I'm loving every minute of it tbh. From Brodeur on the verge of retiring after owning us for so many years, and Kovalchuk being buried deep in that lifeless defensive system (nice try cap circumventing Lou, paid for it too)... it's great. No wonder Parise wanted to get out of there asap, he's pretty smart.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:05 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post

Oh and I'm not really looking for a discussion on this topic, so no need to reply just an observation I don't want to start anything over here.

/rant
Antisemetic?

Old
03-17-2013, 09:08 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Antisemetic?
Oops, still early. I meant they were being bigots not antisemites. Thanks for correcting me.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:16 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Old
03-17-2013, 09:22 AM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingHead View Post
Tinordi on pace for 82 points and +164 in a full season.
This comment is full of win Reminds me of stupidities I always say after 1st game of the season :p

Old
03-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
ugh...it's not that people are critical of our players but it's just how they do it sometimes.

"about time Price stepped up" or whatever garbage sometimes get written. Price hasn't been top notch but it's not like he's been utter garbage and costing us wins.

I just can't stand when some poster clearly doesn't like a certain player for some weird reason so they have to bash him at every chance.
for every person who "doesn't like" Price there are 3 or 4 fanatics who refuse to discuss the topic of Price's strengths/failings. So they start threads like this, or a Vezina trophy thread, or jam other threads with words like "Elite" "Superstar"
"top 5" etc. which are terms that obviously don't fit. They jam their internet fingers in their ears and go "lalalalalalala I don't hear you Price is great, the stats lie, you're a hater, you aren't a real fan" and just make themselves look like fanatics.

The truth is Price is one of a large group of goalies that look great some nights, less so on others, and in the end have statistics so similar to one another that it's almost impossible to rank or distinguish them. Price needs to do something to get himself above that cluster of good goaltenders.

This is the year for Price to legitimately get himself into a discussion with the top goaltenders by performing in key games (I am looking at you Boston) and the playoffs.

If he cleans up in those games then I'll start the appreciation threads myself.

Closed Thread