HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Signs 2-year Extension ($4.75M/year + NMC)

Old
03-16-2013, 06:00 PM
bigbren92

vCash: 500
Visnovsky Signs 2-year Extension ($4.75M/year + NMC)

"@StapeNewsday: #Isles soon to begin extension talks with Visnovsky, Nabokov. Both players told me that they are open to staying w/ team beyond this season."

So it looks like we may be able to hold onto Vis after all. I'm still not getting over excited because he only said he was open to the fact, but I think he got to experience Long Island and realized how great it is to live and play here. Nabokov, who I was less worried about resigning, seems to feel the same way.

Do you guys think that having a higher profile player like Vis, who was so opposed to coming her to begin with, resign will have a ripple effect throughout the free agent pool? What I mean by that is will potential free agents see someone like him change his mind after such a short period of time and resign here and maybe change their views on not playing on the Island?

bigbren92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:04 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbren92 View Post
"@StapeNewsday: #Isles soon to begin extension talks with Visnovsky, Nabokov. Both players told me that they are open to staying w/ team beyond this season."

So it looks like we may be able to hold onto Vis after all. I'm still not getting over excited because he only said he was open to the fact, but I think he got to experience Long Island and realized how great it is to live and play here. Nabokov, who I was less worried about resigning, seems to feel the same way.

Do you guys think that having a higher profile player like Vis, who was so opposed to coming her to begin with, resign will have a ripple effect throughout the free agent pool? What I mean by that is will potential free agents see someone like him change his mind after such a short period of time and resign here and maybe change their views on not playing on the Island?
This would be great news. I expected he came back to play here because he wanted to make one last pile of green next year here in the NHL. I still don't think he will sign with us, but I hope he will all the same. If he does we may be able to jettison Streit.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:08 PM
RMimagery

It sure wouldn't hurt. Excellent news. Love Vis.

RMimagery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
IslandersFan17

Kinda goes to show that when they get here they tend to like it here.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Hipietro

Not to blow smoke up my own ass but I called this from the beginning.

Vets love Long Island.

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:22 PM
JetsMetsIsles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbren92 View Post

It certainly won't hurt in bringing in FAs. It shows that the team is starting to commit to winning now. That and the new arena helps a lot. If I was a top 6 forward looking for a team I would be interested in the Isles. A chance to play with John Tavares who imo is a top ten forward and improving would be amazing.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:24 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Love it. Would be a giant **** to all the haters who jumped in when Vis wouldn't report.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:28 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
Kinda goes to show that when they get here they tend to like it here.
A common praise by isles fans. Ever think that maybe its a nice and comfy situation with no real demand for winning? Aka it's an "easy" place to play.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
I would love to re-sign visnovsky if he's willing it is a must sign.. I like Nabokov but he's not really a must sign the goalie market is gonna be flooded, but I wouldn't care either way as long as if he leaves a solid replacement is brought in.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:32 PM
bigbren92

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
A common praise by isles fans. Ever think that maybe its a nice and comfy situation with no real demand for winning? Aka it's an "easy" place to play.

I really don't think thats it. Long Island is a great place to live. Look at Martinek who kept his house here even when he wasn't with us

bigbren92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:39 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Not to blow smoke up my own ass but I called this from the beginning.

Vets love Long Island.
They always do. Guerin and weight both came here and would talk so highly of it. There's nothing not to like on LI, ESP if to have NHL money. Having a team that's close to a playoff spot can't hurt either

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:03 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Isles don't look very good so far. The passing is very ahl level.

And then Nielsen with the blind pass and goal. Lol

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:23 PM
OpAck

Not to be a downer and all...but what else would Vis say when asked about if he'd consider signing here long term? He's not going to come out and say, "Contract extension? HA! I don't think so...I'm going home." He wants to make a good impression and be a good team player...he's going to go with the safe answer...which should be along the lines of, "I'd be open to staying here for sure, we'll see what happens." I won't be the least bit surprised and say, "But, but, I thought he said he was open to staying here?!?!" when he turns down the Isles and decides to finish his career at home in the KHL.

Not saying he won't sign here...but I really think, ultimately, that his home "country" KHL team will offer him a contract, and he'll more likely go home to his family and play over there...rather than moving his family to Long Island on a two year deal or something.

Nabby is a different story, since he seems to loves it here, loves the team, and gets all the ice-time he could ever want. He has really embraced this team and it's really a neat story considering it was a rocky start.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:13 PM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I would love to re-sign visnovsky if he's willing it is a must sign.. I like Nabokov but he's not really a must sign the goalie market is gonna be flooded, but I wouldn't care either way as long as if he leaves a solid replacement is brought in.
At this point, Nabby is probably going year to year. If the Islanders make the playoffs or just miss, I think that both should come back...but get a capable backup if Poulin or Nilsson is not ready.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:16 PM
islesfan3991

Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
If we could resign Vis before the trade deadline maybe we could get something of value back for Streit? Nothing against Streit but if we could trade him at the deadline and get something back for him that would be a great.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 10:23 PM
olenumber18

From a curiosity standpoint...how many people with Russian and Slovak ancestry (or recent immigrants for that matter) that could be potential ticket buyers in Brooklyn?

It may very well behoove the franchise to lock up a few European players for the move to Bk.

olenumber18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 10:47 PM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by olenumber18 View Post
From a curiosity standpoint...how many people with Russian and Slovak ancestry (or recent immigrants for that matter) that could be potential ticket buyers in Brooklyn?

It may very well behoove the franchise to lock up a few European players for the move to Bk.
Brooklyn has a heavy Russian presence in Brighton Beach. However, I suspect that if the practice arena remains in Syosset, Nassau County or eastern Queens (i.e., Floral Park, Deepdale, or Douglaston) would be more of an ideal place to live for players/

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 10:49 PM
John TavArt Ross

Hope they both sign and stay mainly for the reason that we add to the core and not replace, to relearn.

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Boyes, Streit, Viz & Nabby sign them all.

Boyes 2 years
Streit 2 Years
Viz 1 year
Nabby 1 year

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Ick, no.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:39 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMimagery View Post
It sure wouldn't hurt. Excellent news. Love Vis.
He's married and has kids. STOP IT!

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:47 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Love it. Would be a giant **** to all the haters who jumped in when Vis wouldn't report.
haters. Can we have an infraction for using that label? Seriously. Haters gonna hate. Hamonic. Peace out! Isles so gangsta. puckzzzzzz schnizzle ma Goring. Or is it not a rap thing? Does this make you lovers? Lovers vs. haters......haters don't have to shower afterwards. Good on them. Too much stuff going around nowadays. Viz haters don't have to look away when Viz's wife is in the room...no awkward feelings. But you had the moment.....so cherish it.

Maybe this is OT. I wanna do this next time someone calls a group haters.....we have to stop the lovers.

Please think of the families you destroy in your quest. It's not right.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:11 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
Boyes, Streit, Viz & Nabby sign them all.

Boyes 2 years
Streit 2 Years
Viz 1 year
Nabby 1 year
resign nabby and viz by trade deadline. otherwise deal them all (dont set the prices too high either). seems like the obvious move.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:16 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
haters. Can we have an infraction for using that label? Seriously. Haters gonna hate. Hamonic. Peace out! Isles so gangsta. puckzzzzzz schnizzle ma Goring. Or is it not a rap thing? Does this make you lovers? Lovers vs. haters......haters don't have to shower afterwards. Good on them. Too much stuff going around nowadays. Viz haters don't have to look away when Viz's wife is in the room...no awkward feelings. But you had the moment.....so cherish it.

Maybe this is OT. I wanna do this next time someone calls a group haters.....we have to stop the lovers.

Please think of the families you destroy in your quest. It's not right.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:18 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Yeah, **** all the fans that were upset that the guy we traded for wouldn't report.

Ummm, what???

beach is offline   Reply With Quote