HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

karri ramo/ kipper

Old
03-17-2013, 09:30 AM
flash 12

vCash: 500
karri ramo/ kipper

can cgy pick up ramo now. if so what will it cost the flames and were will kipper end up.

flash 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash 12 View Post
can cgy pick up ramo now. if so what will it cost the flames and were will kipper end up.
His contract with the KHL is up, but does Calgary own his NHL rights? I don't think they do. Therefor, if they signed him right now, he'd have to pass through waivers in order to aplay this year. If you are talking about after the season, during the summer.... sure they can sign him if no other NHL team holds his rights. He was property of Tampa, but I don't know if they or any other team still have his rights.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Goodlad

vCash: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash 12 View Post
KHL contracts technically run through May 1st, regardless of whether the player's team has been eliminated or not. Calgary would have to buy out the remainder of his contract. That's the only holdup on that end. Ramo is already On the Flames' RFA list, so he won't have to clear waivers. One issue is Cgy already has 4 goalies with NHL contracts (Kiprusoff, MacDonald, Irving, Taylor). I'm not sure they want to add another.

Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
His contract with the KHL is up, but does Calgary own his NHL rights? I don't think they do. Therefor, if they signed him right now, he'd have to pass through waivers in order to aplay this year. If you are talking about after the season, during the summer.... sure they can sign him if no other NHL team holds his rights. He was property of Tampa, but I don't know if they or any other team still have his rights.
Tampa traded his rights to Montreal, who traded his rights to Calgary.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:44 AM
flash 12

cgy i think got his rights from mtl

flash 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Goodlad

Also of note, barring any other moves signing Ramo would put them at their 50 contract limit

Old
03-17-2013, 10:18 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Ramo, who turns 27 on July 1st, will I THINK be an unrestricted free agent as rights are held only until player (who played in the NHL before, has NHL experience) reaches UFA age. If it's true, he should just wait it out and then get his choice as UFA. I'd rather have him than Neuvirth backing up Holtby in Washington.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:21 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlad View Post
KHL contracts technically run through May 1st, regardless of whether the player's team has been eliminated or not. Calgary would have to buy out the remainder of his contract. That's the only holdup on that end. Ramo is already On the Flames' RFA list, so he won't have to clear waivers. One issue is Cgy already has 4 goalies with NHL contracts (Kiprusoff, MacDonald, Irving, Taylor). I'm not sure they want to add another.
They can waive MacDonald. Waivers are very active this season. Or, Feaster could do some trades. He seems to want to be active. Gillis is in a terrible position right now, take advantage. Feaster could utterly mop the floor with Gillis by offering Iginla or Cervenka as rentals/salary dumps. If offered either, Gillis would gratefully accept a Calgary surplus goalie, I'm sure.

Last edited by JuniorNelson: 03-17-2013 at 10:32 AM.
JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Ramo, who turns 27 on July 1st, will I THINK be an unrestricted free agent as rights are held only until player (who played in the NHL before, has NHL experience) reaches UFA age. If it's true, he should just wait it out and then get his choice as UFA. I'd rather have him than Neuvirth backing up Holtby in Washington.
When Montreal acquired him the rights to him, Ramo said he wouldn't come back for a back up job, so Washington won't get him. Calgary has a better chance if they deal Kipper.

However, he makes good money, plays a lot and does well in the KHL while being close to home.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:31 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
When Montreal acquired him the rights to him, Ramo said he wouldn't come back for a back up job, so Washington won't get him. Calgary has a better chance if they deal Kipper.

However, he makes good money, plays a lot and does well in the KHL while being close to home.
Omsk is nowhere close to his home. In fact, I think it's as far as the East Coast. I'm afan of his KHL team, so I'm all for your scenario

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Goodlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
They can waive MacDonald. Waivers are very active this season. Or, Feaster could do some trades. He seems to want to be active. Gillis is in a terrible position right now, take advantage. Feaster could utterly mop the floor with Gillis by offering Iginla or Cervenka as rentals/salary dumps. If offered either, Gillis would gratefully accept a Calgary surplus goalie, I'm sure.
Waiving MacDonald is definitely a possibility. I suspect he cleared before because he was coming off a major back injury and had some question marks. Now that he's had a chance to show he's still a serviceable backup someone might take a flyer on him.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Goodlad

Quote:
I believe you're right, and he will be a UFA at season's end. I think from Ramo's perspective coming over for a few months this season is in his best interests. I'm sure most GM's would be cautious about offering a significant contract until they see if his game will carry over to the NHL. It doesn't always. Sometimes you get a Fasth, sometimes you get a Gustavsson

Old
03-17-2013, 11:08 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
He left the nhl because he doesn't want to be a backup Calgary is the best situation for him he could very easily become the starter.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
ramos rights belong to calgary

and he has already expressed interest in the flames and playing with kipper

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlad View Post
Are you sure? How did Radulov come over last year before May?

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Goodlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Are you sure? How did Radulov come over last year before May?
His contract was bought out by an "unknown source".
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...211640021.html