HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 07:15 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Hall or Gordon.
Gordon looks like a great option: 58% FO wins. But how much would he be willing to sign for? He made $1.3 mil last season. Hall ($650,000) would definitely be a cheaper option and isn't too far off Gordon's FO success rate (56.4%), albeit over 165 total FOs this season compared with Gordon's 446.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Elliotte Friedman just suggested (on Hotstove) that the Flyers are actively trying to get a defenseman.

Nothing specific.

Guess they haven't embraced the "seller" identity yet.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 03-16-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old
03-16-2013, 08:24 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eh, I wouldnt cry over Talbot getting moved. I do like what he brings, but there are ALOT of players that do what Talbot does.

Here are the FA's this summer:

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/

Now I agree I wouldnt just trade him away but I dont agree with thinking that he is a REALLY important component to the team. Coburn you cant trade away unless you have someone that you KNOW will take his spot.
I don't know. The guys in Talbot's price range that could fill his shoes are pretty limited. Ty Bozak is one, but he is only in that price range now, I imagine he gets a decent raise. Brad Boyes is more offensive than Talbot and I would rather have Boyes, but he is another guy that I think is going to be making more than Talbot. Eric Fehr is a guy I would be into as well as a replacement for Talbot. But other than that the list is not really wrought with guys that would fill Talbot's shoes at that price. If a team overpays for Talbot, ok let's do it. But I wouldn't really be shopping him.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Elliott Friedman just suggested (on Hotstove) that the Flyers are actively trying to get a defenseman.

Nothing specific.

Homer/Snider better not **** this up.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Tripod

I look at it that we are rarely in a position to be sellers. Take full advantage of it this year and then reload for next year. If you can get a 2nd for Talbot, take it. He is not a core player. Remember that a 2nd rounder is what landed Bishop for Ottawa. That 2nd could be a better asset used to acquire a dman. Then replace Talbot with a Ufa.

Edit:resign Gagne and you top 3 lines are done unless you trade Or buyout Briere. Then have Zac, Gordon and McGinn as you 4th line. Adding Gordon would take pressure off of G who takes the highest % of teams face offs for any player in the league. That way G can take more offensive face offs and let Gordon take the defensive ones

Last edited by Tripod: 03-16-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Prongo
Beer

I really don't get it. They should look for a defender in the off season. How doesn't management see that we are very long shots to make the playoffs. It's a shame that they don't realize this. They should realize its along the same lines as 2006 and just take the one bad season and make impact moves in the off season. If they do acquire some big naked players it probably will be out of left field I think, someone we didn't think was available

Also this team almost never just sits on their hands during the offseason. They try to make the big splash.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I really don't get it. They should look for a defender in the off season. How doesn't management see that we are very long shots to make the playoffs. It's a shame that they don't realize this. They should realize its along the same lines as 2006 and just take the one bad season and make impact moves in the off season. If they do acquire some big naked players it probably will be out of left field I think, someone we didn't think was available

Also this team almost never just sits on their hands during the offseason. They try to make the big splash.
Typo eh?

Old
03-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Typo eh?
Don't want Byfuglien if he's naked, that's for sure...

Old
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Yeah i prefer hockey players being clothed.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Prongo
Beer

definitely don't want any naked players.... Do want some big *named* players though

Old
03-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
We should definitely stay away of any naked players

Think of the children

Old
03-16-2013, 10:28 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Elliott Friedman just suggested (on Hotstove) that the Flyers are actively trying to get a defenseman.

Nothing specific.

Talbot for Chicago's one AHL prospect D. Otherwise they are just going to give up big pieces for a player who probably wont make a difference this year.

Old
03-16-2013, 10:30 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Talbot for Chicago's one AHL prospect D. Otherwise they are just going to give up big pieces for a player who probably wont make a difference this year.
Just picture it, mathematically eminated from PO's by trade deadline, yet me make huge splash shelling out high picks and good players for a PO rental

Old
03-17-2013, 01:32 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
definitely don't want any naked players.... Do want some big *named* players though
We actually need some celtic warriors back there...

Old
03-17-2013, 03:17 AM
IceHot

Unless you are Johnny Upton from Slap Shot fame, you really shouldn't be playing naked hockey. It would just give more sticks for those dirty Rangers players to hold on to while the refs aren't looking.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Prongo
Beer

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2013...d-shattenkirk/

Quote:
Sources saying that the Sabres are ready to blow it up and basically everyone is available except for Thomas Vanek, Marcus Foligno, Cody Hodgson or Alexander Sulzer. Nobody would take Tyler Myers’ contract. Teams won’t want to take Ville Leino and his $4.5 million cap hit through 2-16-17 or Christian Ehrhoff and his $4 million through 2020-21. Jason Pominville and his $5.3 million is available and will get some attention. Drew Stafford is likely to be moved.

The Flyers and Kings have talked to the Flames about Jay Bouwmeester.

On the trade radar are Jets Evander Kane, Ron Hainsey and Alexander Burmistov. They aren’t planning on trading Dustin Byfuglien but are getting calls for him.

The Ducks will listen to offers for Corey Perry, but unless blown away by an offer, he won’t be going anywhere. The Red Wings, Canadiens, Leafs, Senators, Rangers and Flyers will likely may a pitch.
It's similar to spectors hockey. He just takes all the rumors out there and posts them.

Now YES to Evander Kane! If he could be had he would look extremely nice next to Giroux. Of course we contacted the Flames about JayBouw, he is the type of defenseman we need, just not at the asking price they probably want(hopefully!!)

Now Tyler Myers is the most interesting one. It seems like he is available, but nobody is interested in his contract? He is still a kid and is developing, and he could be had for a good asking price, we should be all over it.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:05 AM
BillDineen

Quote:

It's similar to spectors hockey. He just takes all the rumors out there and posts them.

Now YES to Evander Kane! If he could be had he would look extremely nice next to Giroux. Of course we contacted the Flames about JayBouw, he is the type of defenseman we need, just not at the asking price they probably want(hopefully!!)

Now Tyler Myers is the most interesting one. It seems like he is available, but nobody is interested in his contract? He is still a kid and is developing, and he could be had for a good asking price, we should be all over it.
If Myers is available, the Flyers should go for him. I cannot believe no team would be interested in him.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:10 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
If Adam Clendenning could be had, it might be something to look at.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:15 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
How is Myers's speed? I know he's huge so he might be slow. The Flyers could use a burner on the blue line considering how slow the D is as a whole.

03-17-2013, 10:22 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
How is Myers's speed? I know he's huge so he might be slow. The Flyers could use a burner on the blue line considering how slow the D is as a whole.
His skating is his biggest asset.

He looks soft at times and at this point, might be more of a project.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:22 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Myers reminds me a lot of Braydon Coburn. He has all the tools that Braydon has. If we acquire him, hopefully he will reach his potential unlike Coburn

Old
03-17-2013, 10:51 AM
FlyingPhilly

Briere + Hartnell for Myers, to get Leino going up there.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:50 AM
flyingsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
If Myers is available, the Flyers should go for him. I cannot believe no team would be interested in him.
If he were cheaper, I think it'd be a great move, but a cap hit of 5.5 for 6 more years for a guy who is playing pretty badly this year is a bit scary.

However, maybe he could turn it around in a new setting? He is, after all only 23 and could grow with the rest of this young team.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:29 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:

We would have to overpay... and for a winger? I understand why this summer everybody wanted a winger for Giroux, but Voracek has been exceptionnal so far, playing over PPG in a team that struggles a lot. He's the guy we needed. Him and Giroux will do wonders in the coming years, they just need someone who can take a lot of rebounds and create some space, like Hartnell did last year. He will eventually get back to his form imo. That line is perfect.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Been doing some digging, NHL source confirms asking price from Calgary for Flames’ Jay Bouwmeester is Couturier or B. Schenn or Matt Read +.
Source: Dustin Leed @D_LEED

TIFIW. I know must of you don't like him just posting this for the sake of discussion.

Personally I wouldn't give up any of those players alone for JayBo let alone the + if that's true.

Closed Thread