HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Why would they even consider moving Tinordi for an upcoming UFA?

Old
03-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Why would they even consider moving Tinordi for an upcoming UFA?
Because when you're not very smart any idea is a smart idea to you...

Old
03-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Bieber fever

What would be your best offer for Drouin ?

Old
03-16-2013, 07:49 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
ladislav smid is the type of dman we are looking for, that's why tinordi is being auditioned...

not sure what they mean about that tinordi comment...that hes being show cased? or that they want to see if he can do the job instead of trading for a bigger dman? lets hope they don't trade tinordi away
They're hinting that he's in the same mold as Smid. Not sure how accurate the comparison is, but that's what it means.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:30 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
ladislav smid is the type of dman we are looking for, that's why tinordi is being auditioned...

not sure what they mean about that tinordi comment...that hes being show cased? or that they want to see if he can do the job instead of trading for a bigger dman? lets hope they don't trade tinordi away
I just can't see MB trading Tinordi away. It would go against everything that he's trying to do. I think the 'audition' is to see whether or not he's ready to play in the NHL. While Smid is a good defensive defenseman, he isn't that physical.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:38 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
I just can't see MB trading Tinordi away. It would go against everything that he's trying to do. I think the 'audition' is to see whether or not he's ready to play in the NHL. While Smid is a good defensive defenseman, he isn't that physical.
Still leading his team in hits and blocked shots.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I'd dangle Danny Kristo in front of Doug Wilson to see if he'd bite, for Ryane Clowe.

Kristo is a great talent, but his success this year are due in huge part to the fact that with this talent, he played as a senior in a sub-par (for him) league. His off-ice decisions also raise a red flag.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:07 AM
blueberry

Clowe is finished, why would you trade kristo for him. Why would you give any asset for him really.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:22 AM
niftymove

Quote:
I'd dangle Danny Kristo in front of Doug Wilson to see if he'd bite, for Ryane Clowe.
imho in a few years that trade would appear more horrible then the Mcdonagh-Gomez one!

Old
03-17-2013, 01:04 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

I was at the Yotes against Blues game last Thursday.

I was pleasantly surprise by Paul Bissonnette. I think he would be great for the 4th line and would take some pressure off of Prust and Moen...then again Moen may need a bit of pressure this year.

Wonder what we would need to give to land this "I can play hockey" enforcer.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
Clowe is finished, why would you trade kristo for him. Why would you give any asset for him really.
Clowe is finished? Is he even 30?

Old
03-17-2013, 02:48 PM
WaltWhitman

Old
03-17-2013, 02:52 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post

Kristo is a great talent, but his success this year are due in huge part to the fact that with this talent, he played as a senior in a sub-par (for him) league. His off-ice decisions also raise a red flag.
That's pretty harsh. He's a very young man and his antics were hardly in the realm of serious crimes.

I'd think an experienced observer such as yourself would want to see him play in the pros before jettisoning him for a bottom 6 tough in a deep slump.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:03 PM
le_sean

I'd love for the Habs to try and acquire Boyd Gordon from Phoenix. RH shot, he's 58.8% at faceoffs this season, 56.8% last. UFA in the summer. Big Achilles heel right now for this team.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Rick16

Would you think a trade involving Kristo and Zack Kassian would be a good idea? Kassian he's having a not so good season in Vancouver and I think he would fit perfectly with Eller and Galchenyuk. Both are very young player with different style, Kassian would bring the size and physical play we really need while Kristo would bring offensive power that Vancouver seems to be needing.

The thing is I'm not sure about what Vancouver would be asking for him or even if they would trade him but I think Kristo would be a good fit in Vancouver.

So would you do a trade around Kristo vs Kassian?

Old
03-17-2013, 08:06 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Would you think a trade involving Kristo and Zack Kassian would be a good idea? Kassian he's having a not so good season in Vancouver and I think he would fit perfectly with Eller and Galchenyuk. Both are very young player with different style, Kassian would bring the size and physical play we really need while Kristo would bring offensive power that Vancouver seems to be needing.

The thing is I'm not sure about what Vancouver would be asking for him or even if they would trade him but I think Kristo would be a good fit in Vancouver.

Maybe for Cody Hodgson but not Z.Kassian he's a bully that's out of his league in the NHL.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post

First Kristo in comparison to Kassian is a dime a dozen player, so Vancouver laughs and hangs up.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:40 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'd love for the Habs to try and acquire Boyd Gordon from Phoenix. RH shot, he's 58.8% at faceoffs this season, 56.8% last. UFA in the summer. Big Achilles heel right now for this team.
hell yess..absolutely perfect pickup for us.....you sir, understand the game.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:44 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bieber fever View Post
what would be your best offer for drouin ?
alot

Old
03-18-2013, 08:03 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Wonder if a deal between the Habs/Rangers involving Boyle and Moen would work. Boyle and Prust were awesome together in NY and both Boyle and Moen have been underperforming this year.

Boyle hits everything, is 58% on faceoffs and is very good on the PK.. a fourth line of Prust - Boyle - White/Armstrong would be awesome once we get Prust/Bourque/Ryder back.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:05 AM
NLHabsFan

The Jets are supposedly looking for RW offensive help. Would you consider:

To Winnipeg:
Michael Ryder

To Montreal:
Lukas Sutter
2nd Round Pick

A middle of the pack prospect and a decent pick for an upcoming UFA who has been putting up strong point totals the last couple of years.

With a healthy lineup I see our top 9 as:
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust

For the playoffs would it be better to keep Ryder though? The third line would probably be: Prust - Eller - Ryder, as Galchenyuk would get limited minutes.

Do you think the value is there in the trade? Or is it too much from the Jets or not enough to trade our depth? Obviously I wouldn't do it if we did not have a healthy lineup.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post

To Winnipeg:
Michael Ryder

To Montreal:
Lukas Sutter
2nd Round Pick

A middle of the pack prospect and a decent pick for an upcoming UFA who has been putting up strong point totals the last couple of years.

For the playoffs would it be better to keep Ryder though? The third line would probably be: Prust - Eller - Ryder, as Galchenyuk would get limited minutes.

Do you think the value is there in the trade? Or is it too much from the Jets or not enough to trade our depth? Obviously I wouldn't do it if we did not have a healthy lineup.
I would keep Ryder. Or trade him for more. Depth is always good in a playoff run and Sutter is going to be a 3rd liner at best.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post

To Winnipeg:
Michael Ryder

To Montreal:
Lukas Sutter
2nd Round Pick

Those top two lines scare the crap out of me. Going into the playoffs with Gionta, Gallagher and DD? If Bergevin is looking to boost our top 9 with a skilled forward with size, he must be trying to replace one of those three. I don't see another way for that player to fit. Especially if we already have to fit Ryder into the mix.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I would keep Ryder. Or trade him for more. Depth is always good in a playoff run and Sutter is going to be a 3rd liner at best.
I doubt you'd get more then that for Ryder.

I can't see Bergevin turning around and flipping Ryder, Ryder has seemed to do all the right things and seems to be fitting in well with the team.

I'd do the deal and I'm not a fan of Sutter, he's okay but I don't see big upside with him.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Clowe is finished? Is he even 30?
Didn't you know? When a guy has one bad season, he's finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
That's pretty harsh. He's a very young man and his antics were hardly in the realm of serious crimes.

I'd think an experienced observer such as yourself would want to see him play in the pros before jettisoning him for a bottom 6 tough in a deep slump.
In normal terms, I'd agree. However, a guy of Clowe's caliber (no, I don't think he's finished), with the interest he's drawing from teams around the league, would require giving something of quality. The Sharks won't give him away, otherwise they might as well keep him even at the risk of losing him for nothing this summer.

Of the upper-tier prospects in the organization, Kristo is likely the one I'd "sacrifice" for a deal like that.

To go a bit further on Clowe, I truly believe that coach Todd McLellan has lost his dressing room as the message isn't passing through anymore. My only concern about Clowe is injuries... is he seriously hurt, preventing him from performing at the level that he normally can? Or would a change of scenery do him some good? If he has a good end of the season (if he's traded to Montreal), I would see the Habs re-signing him during the summer.

My two cents. (Oops, can we say that now that the Government has cancelled them?)

Closed Thread