HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Should the Oilers Trade their 1st Round Pick in 2013?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
  #51
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
We won't trade our 1st rounders until we finish filling out our top 6 with first overalls

2013/14

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Paajarvi - Mackinnon - Yakupov

2014/15

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Ho-Sang(?) - Mackinnon - Yakupov

2015/16

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Ho-Sang - McDavid - Mackinnon

By that time our core guys now will be old and we start rebuilding again.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:03 PM
  #52
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
You want our first?? I want #27.
We don't have a first this year
Oh you mean the player? humm .... tough one .... nah.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
  #53
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Damn, you are tough.
MDZ + Boyle + early 3rd for Petry + top 3 protected first.
MDZ, Boyle and NYR 1st for Petry, Belanger and EDM 1st. Has there ever been a "top three protected pick" in the NHL? If you don't want Belanger, just waive him after, ha ha.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:08 PM
  #54
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
MDZ, Boyle and NYR 1st for Petry, Belanger and EDM 1st. Has there ever been a "top three protected pick" in the NHL? If you don't want Belanger, just waive him after, ha ha.
Since we don't have a first this year, I say hell yes!!!



Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:10 PM
  #55
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
I would trade it if we could get a d-man in the 21-25 year old range with similar value to that pick, but those teams don't really wanna trade those type of d-men.

In other words, we will probably just draft BPA.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:11 PM
  #56
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Since we don't have a first this year, I say hell yes!!!


Owned, ha ha. Unless its one of the d-men you don't want to move, I wouldn't want to move the pick until I know where it is. I'd be pretty mad if the Oil tanked again, and we had traded Seth Jones for MDZ, Dan Boyle and a mid round pick.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
  #57
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
We don't have a first this year
Oh you mean the player? humm .... tough one .... nah.
I wouldn't either tbh, but to move the Oil first to the Rags that's probably the only guy who would interest me. Or something like Kreider+Miller for 1st and prolly a bit more.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:19 PM
  #58
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
Another thing is if we pick 4-7, BPA is likely a centre.

Would be shocked if they didn't take Barkov or Monahan, and later in the 1st probably a guy like Lazar. If they pick later, I could see them taking Nurse, Pulock, Zadorov, or Ristolainen though.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:20 PM
  #59
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
I wouldn't either tbh, but to move the Oil first to the Rags that's probably the only guy who would interest me. Or something like Kreider+Miller for 1st and prolly a bit more.
Miller is probably available for the right price.
Kreider? Hell no. In the AHL he has been playing more physical and knowing Torts is going to mold him into a bull in china shop with his size and speed.
I give him 2 years and he is the power forward the Rangers are lacking.
Incidentally, I have never addressed any team with derogatory term, even the most hated rivals. I find the term you used a frankly derogatory, I know you didn't mean to, but it's a sensitive subject with the rangers fans.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:40 PM
  #60
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Miller is probably available for the right price.
Kreider? Hell no. In the AHL he has been playing more physical and knowing Torts is going to mold him into a bull in china shop with his size and speed.
I give him 2 years and he is the power forward the Rangers are lacking.
Incidentally, I have never addressed any team with derogatory term, even the most hated rivals. I find the term you used a frankly derogatory, I know you didn't mean to, but it's a sensitive subject with the rangers fans.
Really? I live in Alberta, so I had no idea that it was like that. I just shortened it up. My apologies.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:44 PM
  #61
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
It'll be wierd seeing another team pick 1st lol...
Lol I bet Tambo gets up on accident when the first pick comes up.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:53 PM
  #62
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Really? I live in Alberta, so I had no idea that it was like that. I just shortened it up. My apologies.
Accepted and thanks.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:06 PM
  #63
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
It's the same thing with calling the Wild Minny.

I had no idea some really hate it, but I could see how Rags could get annoying.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:29 AM
  #64
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I think Florida will end up picking 1st. Oilers will be somewhere between 4-10+. Unless they win the lottery again.
The obvious answer to the OP is it depends; what is the pick, what is the alternate return.

Assuming the above is true, Rangers offer
Staal + Girardi, Hamerlik + Eminger + Rangers 2014 1st
for
Klefborn, Marancin, Gernat, Potter + the Oilers' 2013 1st.

Oilers get balanced top pair signed reasonably thru next year, with first crack to renew
2 guys for bottom depth. Get a first for next year.

Rangers get three high picks at D, including needed righties.
Also get a high pick.
Also get some cap relief.

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:43 AM
  #65
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Owned, ha ha. Unless its one of the d-men you don't want to move, I wouldn't want to move the pick until I know where it is. I'd be pretty mad if the Oil tanked again, and we had traded Seth Jones for MDZ, Dan Boyle and a mid round pick.
When did the Rangers get Dan Boyle?

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:22 PM
  #66
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
The obvious answer to the OP is it depends; what is the pick, what is the alternate return.

Assuming the above is true, Rangers offer
Staal + Girardi, Hamerlik + Eminger + Rangers 2014 1st
for
Klefborn, Marancin, Gernat, Potter + the Oilers' 2013 1st.

Oilers get balanced top pair signed reasonably thru next year, with first crack to renew
2 guys for bottom depth. Get a first for next year.

Rangers get three high picks at D, including needed righties.
Also get a high pick.
Also get some cap relief.
The only righty in there is Potter, who is a 7th DMan at best.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:25 PM
  #67
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,709
vCash: 500
They should trade Hemsky and Yakupov before dealing that pick.

They've already got their two big salary offensive wingersto build around in Eberle and Hall.

Now time to get better on D and at center which that pick has the potential to do.

Ricky Bobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:31 PM
  #68
leafsrule123
Registered User
 
leafsrule123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,344
vCash: 500
How about trading it for a goalie, its apparent they need one. Or draft one

leafsrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:32 PM
  #69
karnige
Real Life FTL
 
karnige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 12,354
vCash: 500
trade hemsky for a solid d-man. trade 1st round pick for a power forward with size.

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:33 PM
  #70
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,496
vCash: 50
Nope.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:39 PM
  #71
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Another thing is if we pick 4-7, BPA is likely a centre.

Would be shocked if they didn't take Barkov or Monahan, and later in the 1st probably a guy like Lazar. If they pick later, I could see them taking Nurse, Pulock, Zadorov, or Ristolainen though.
Exactly. So long as Jones is gone I would be very surprised if the pick was not one of the centers.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:58 PM
  #72
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
If it's 1st overall, the Oilers are better off picking Seth Jones, if it's 4-6, take a big center like Sasha Barkov, deal Sam Gagner for defence when the big center starts establishing himself. If it's 2nd/3rd overall, better to trade it for a young stud dman/center (depending on who it is, Oilers or the other team add obviously). Drouin and MacKinnon have pretty redundant skillsets for the Oilers.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:00 PM
  #73
karnige
Real Life FTL
 
karnige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 12,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
If it's 1st overall, the Oilers are better off picking Seth Jones, if it's 4-6, take a big center like Sasha Barkov, deal Sam Gagner for defence when the big center starts establishing himself. If it's 2nd/3rd overall, better to trade it for a young stud dman/center (depending on who it is, Oilers or the other team add obviously). Drouin and MacKinnon have pretty redundant skillsets for the Oilers.
why would we trade gagner whos turning into a great 2 way player who puts up points? i'd trade hemsky over gagner

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:02 PM
  #74
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 50
The Penguins have an assortment of young defenseman prospects. If you wanted to choose 1-2 of em + their 1st for #5, would it work?

Maata, Harrington, Morrow, Desperes, Duomolin, Pouliot and Bortozzo.

Marlo Stanfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:05 PM
  #75
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
If it's 1st overall, the Oilers are better off picking Seth Jones, if it's 4-6, take a big center like Sasha Barkov, deal Sam Gagner for defence when the big center starts establishing himself. If it's 2nd/3rd overall, better to trade it for a young stud dman/center (depending on who it is, Oilers or the other team add obviously). Drouin and MacKinnon have pretty redundant skillsets for the Oilers.
You want the Oilers to trade a player they've developed for six years who's finally coming into his own, who was drafted 6th overall once upon a time, so that they can play an 18 year old in his spot?

Endless rebuild here we go!

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.