HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Danny Briere: activated Apr. 11 (concussion Mar. 25); Q and A article Apr. 11

Old
03-16-2013, 11:58 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

vCash: 500
Has Briere been that bad?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Yes, he's almost indescribably terrible.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
yes and for more then just this short season.

he brings a very narrow package of plus's, and when hes not delivering, all his MANY negative's make him a serious problem for this team.

his time to go has long since been docked at the harbour, time to sail that ship, plz...

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:31 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Krejci took a full blown Boychuk clapper on his knee. 2 Boston centres possibly out. Danny, go to Boston.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:33 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I honestly wonder if Homer trades Danny to Boston if he is gonna try to get a current roster player in return, like a bottom 6 forward, instead of a prospect. He doesn't seem like he's in sell mode so... I'd rather get a prospect or two.

I wonder if Jordan Caron could be had for Briere and maybe a 3rd or another prospect? I have no idea. Or maybe Fedotenko. I don't know Caron's value.

03-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I honestly wonder if Homer trades Danny to Boston if he is gonna try to get a current roster player in return, like a bottom 6 forward, instead of a prospect. He doesn't seem like he's in sell mode so... I'd rather get a prospect or two.

I wonder if Jordan Caron could be had for Briere and maybe a 3rd or another prospect? I have no idea. Or maybe Fedotenko. I don't know Caron's value.
Hard to say if Boston would give up Caron. He is a pretty good prospect. Then again, if they think they are some clutch scoring away from a Cup, it would be worth it.

I know BCF16 has said Boston offered the goalie prospect, Krug and a pick, along with us taking a salary back.

Briere might waive to go to a team who will buy him out, like Boston, then he can sign another contract for more money next year (?).

At this point, the Flyers are going to have to buy him out to be cap compliant, esp. if they add another D (and don't buy out Bryz). Might as well get SOMETHING for him...

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:22 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Team doesnt need a bottom 6 guy that im aware of. If Holmgren trades Briere, I hope its for the best offer possible. Not just roster filler.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:16 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Krejci took a full blown Boychuk clapper on his knee. 2 Boston centres possibly out. Danny, go to Boston.
I'll drive him

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:59 AM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

Quote:
Don't get to watch as many Flyers games as I'd like, but I've been pretty disappointed with his play.

The one thing I'd hate to see them lose is what he brings in the playoffs, but if things don't turn around fast we won't need to worry about that.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Kilts79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
He's 35 years old. Does anyone need any other explanation? It's been painfully obvious during these past two seasons that age has caught up to him.
Didn't catch any playoffs?

Kilts79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilts79 View Post
Didn't catch any playoffs?
Quote:
SEASON TEAM GP G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG S S%
2010-2011 Flyers 11 7 2 9 -7 14 2 0 1 47 14.9
2011-2012 Flyers 11 8 5 13 -6 4 1 0 1 26 30.8
Danny's last real strong playoff performance was 2009-2010. Yes, he was above PPG last year, but -6 over 11 games? (And he's one of those players where + / - confirms what you see, right? Really awful defensively).

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:03 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Danny's last real strong playoff performance was 2009-2010. Yes, he was above PPG last year, but -6 over 11 games? (And he's one of those players where + / - confirms what you see, right? Really awful defensively).
The playoff argument is laughable. 2010 was definitely his last great playoff stint. He's no different than Kimmo, who is showing his age. Pronger would be in the same boat although around here you'd think he was still 25 years old.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:52 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I just dont know how people can defend keeping a 35 yr old forward who every season is getting slower and slower....

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I just dont know how people can defend keeping a 35 yr old forward who every season is getting slower and slower....
but, but,but...PLAYOFFS!

The guy is so good in the playoffs that, not only does he score more whne he's on the ice, the other team scores more as well!

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Danglous

Doesnt look like the Flyers are even making the playoffs. I'm ready for a slight rebuild, and wouldnt mind seeing Danny as the first to leave.

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Sssshhhhh. We are trying to trade him remember!!! You are supposed to say:
"He is a PPG player since the 2005 lockout and even just taking the past 2 years, he is still at a PPG. Money in the playoffs!!!"

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Hard to say if Boston would give up Caron. He is a pretty good prospect. Then again, if they think they are some clutch scoring away from a Cup, it would be worth it.

I know BCF16 has said Boston offered the goalie prospect, Krug and a pick, along with us taking a salary back.

Briere might waive to go to a team who will buy him out, like Boston, then he can sign another contract for more money next year (?).

At this point, the Flyers are going to have to buy him out to be cap compliant, esp. if they add another D (and don't buy out Bryz). Might as well get SOMETHING for him...
I saw that before, and it was Andrew Ference as the salary. I would SOOOOOO love that deal. He is a UFA this year so we have the option to sign him(like Grossmann) or let him go. AND we get a good goalie prospect and Krug as a wild card. I assume the pick is not a 1st...so hoping for a 2nd. I'll still keep the fingers crossed!

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I saw that before, and it was Andrew Ference as the salary. I would SOOOOOO love that deal. He is a UFA this year so we have the option to sign him(like Grossmann) or let him go. AND we get a good goalie prospect and Krug as a wild card. I assume the pick is not a 1st...so hoping for a 2nd. I'll still keep the fingers crossed!
Which goalie prospect?

I don't know Krug, but that seems like a pretty steep price.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:46 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Which goalie prospect?

I don't know Krug, but that seems like a pretty steep price.
Niklas Svedberg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5511

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:47 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So apparently Svedberg has been owning the AHL?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
JustJim

The Flyers organization keep expecting the 2005 version of Danny Briere to show up...unfortunately for them the current Danny Briere is slower, turns the puck over easier, and is more prone to pass the puck than to shoot.
Briere's best hockey is behind him, and the Flyers organization is stuck with him, and his NTC.

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Curufinwe

Stuck with him for two more months.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Decided to move this over from the GDT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
The Simmonds/Schenn line has just died since Briere has been added to it. I think he should just do the Flyers a favor and retire after the end of the season, he doesn't have much left. You cannot just hope he is still a play-off monster when he gives up in the regular season like that. If he retires at least then he can stay in the area with his kids.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
i think it only affects trades, not guys who retire.
It does both. Something weird happens when a guy on a long-term contract is traded and then retires--the hit reverts to the original team.

However, on looking at the article, I think it only applies to guys who have more than 5 years remaining on the contract.

Quote:
All years of existing SPCs with terms in excess of five (5) years will be accounted for and charged against a team's Cap (at full AAV) regardless of whether or where the Player is playing. In the event any such contract is traded during its term, the related Cap charge will travel with the Player, but only for the year(s) in which the Player remains active and is being paid under his NHL SPC. If, at some subsequent point in time the Player retires or ceases to play and/or receive pay under his NHL SPC, the Cap charge will automatically revert (at full AAV) to the Club that initially entered into the contract for the balance of its term.
The question is whether that first part means SPCs longer than 5 years, or SPCs with more than 5 years left.

I'm assuming that we would have heard more about this if it was an issue with Briere.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:47 PM
deftones1986

All fun and games for Danny Briere.

Just want to let everyone know that I was at the Vorhees Skate Zone on Sunday morning/afternoon.

While Lavy was putting the team through some tough drills I couldn't help but notice Briere giggling and smiling while literally leaning on Rinaldo, as if this team was in 1st place in the East.

As far as I could see, not a single ******* was given on that day by Briere.

And low and behold, Al Morganti had to do an intermission segment on why Briere has been crapping it up out on the ice, after the first period of the Lightning game Monday night.

26 games with 13 points and a minus 13 for your $6+ million dollar man out there.

Thoughts?

deftones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Rocky Raccoon

Look, I'm not a huge fan of Briere either, but come on. Him having fun during practice is not a big deal. In fact, more guys should do it. Maybe it will loosen them up a little.

Rocky Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote