HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers extend Ben Holmstrom

Old
03-17-2013, 02:38 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Are you seriously saying that a 4th line guy who is a plus player is good?
Would you prefer him to be a minus player like the rest of the team?

Quote:
Im just saying that Feds is EASILY replaceable. BTW look at what I said of Holmstrom. No where did I say he was better, just said he can bring the same thing Feds does.
"...but its the "Feds is better" thing that is funny..."

I don't really get what's so funny.

Quote:
The games dont mean much before this season. I know he is a vet and alot of people like the "he's a vet so hes important" argument, but that along with him being an x-flyer, there is nothing else he really brings.

For refernce, Kurtis Foster has played 396 NHL games and Bruno Gervias 407. Im guessing since they played alot of NHL games their better than Gustafsson?
You're over analyzing the 800 game reference, but as an argument, he's proven to be a solid bottom 6 guy for 10+ seasons including this season. He's proven to be a solid PK guy at the NHL level. I really don't know what you're expecting from the guy that's got you so disappointed about his play. Is he a dime a dozen player? Yeah sure, but to suggest that an AHL guy like Holmstrom with a grand total of 7 NHL games under his belt is better than Feds is laughable. The guy who was passed up by the likes of Harry Z, Wellwood, and Sestito.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Would you prefer him to be a minus player like the rest of the team?

"...but its the "Feds is better" thing that is funny..."

I don't really get what's so funny.

You're over analyzing the 800 game reference, but as an argument, he's proven to be a solid bottom 6 guy for 10+ seasons including this season. He's proven to be a solid PK guy at the NHL level. I really don't know what you're expecting from the guy that's got you so disappointed about his play. Is he a dime a dozen player? Yeah sure, but to suggest that an AHL guy like Holmstrom with a grand total of 7 NHL games under his belt is better than Feds is laughable. The guy who was passed up by the likes of Harry Z, Wellwood, and Sestito.
Kurtis Foster is a +1. Im guessing that means to you he is a solid player? I think you might be the only one on that boat.

I dont get how one can come to the conclusion that a 4th line 34 yr old is that significantly important. Lets see has he been that great on the pk? I really dont think so. Honestly, he is probably not back next season anyway and Holmstrom isnt healthy so he wont be back this season. In the end we are arguing over players who arent too important to this team haha.

Oh well.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Fedotenko does lead the team in on ice +/-, GA/60, has one of the lower OZ start %, and is one of the leaders in off ice +/- as well.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:50 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Kurtis Foster is a +1. Im guessing that means to you he is a solid player? I think you might be the only one on that boat.
Yeah because those words came out in my posts. Nice job taking it to the extreme though. It's called a supporting argument. I never based my argument around +/-. It was one point. Having said that, being a +6 on a team where just two regulars are in plus territory, he must be doing something right.

Quote:
I dont get how one can come to the conclusion that a 4th line 34 yr old is that significantly important. Lets see has he been that great on the pk? I really dont think so. Honestly, he is probably not back next season anyway and Holmstrom isnt healthy so he wont be back this season. In the end we are arguing over players who arent too important to this team haha.
I don't get how one can come to the conclusion that someone else thinks a 4th line 34 yr old is that significantly important. I never once said anything of that nature. This is a hockey forum. Every guy on the team has some level of importance. But every sentence you type gets further and further away from the original argument. I'll take that for what it appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Fedotenko does lead the team in on ice +/-, GA/60, has one of the lower OZ start %, and is one of the leaders in off ice +/- as well.
Imagine what Ben Holmstrom would be doing then.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Yeah because those words came out in my posts. Nice job taking it to the extreme though. It's called a supporting argument. I never based my argument around +/-. It was one point. Having said that, being a +6 on a team where just two regulars are in plus territory, he must be doing something right.

I don't get how one can come to the conclusion that someone else thinks a 4th line 34 yr old is that significantly important. I never once said anything of that nature. This is a hockey forum. Every guy on the team has some level of importance. But every sentence you type gets further and further away from the original argument. I'll take that for what it appears.

Imagine what Ben Holmstrom would be doing then.
Good, you can use +/- as a supporting argument, and I showed how it shouldnt be. Unlike you, I'm not a huge Rusty fan and think he is easily replaceable, hence why I think Holmstrom has a chance at the 4th line center job. But you can keep on tugging along in the Rusty boat though.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:57 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Brieres replacement

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:46 PM
BernieParent

Meh, whatever. Best-case scenario is that Holmstrom plays himself onto the 4th line, provides FO and PK duties for a low, low price. Worst-case (barring injuries or other extremes) is that he remains captain and a good teammate, and two-way centre for the Phantoms, for a low, low price.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:44 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Good, you can use +/- as a supporting argument, and I showed how it shouldnt be. Unlike you, I'm not a huge Rusty fan and think he is easily replaceable, hence why I think Holmstrom has a chance at the 4th line center job. But you can keep on tugging along in the Rusty boat though.
I already said the guy is a dime a dozen kind of guy. The guy isn't a stud or anything but he does what he gets paid to do. He's a glue guy. I don't know what the guy has done to you or what kind of expectations you had for him coming into the season that gives you this kind of reaction, but it is what it is as Lavy would say.