HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2013 NHL Mock Draft (March)

Old
03-17-2013, 01:06 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
2013 NHL Mock Draft (March)

My March Mock Draft. Based on the current standings.

1. -Seth Jones, Defense: With Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Shore, Grimaldi and Howden as forward prospects, Jones will make the back end as solid as the front for the Panthers.

2. -Nathan MacKinnon, Centre: As well as Drouin is playing, MacKinnon just has so much talent and will look great with Kuznetsov and Forsberg.

3. -Jonathan Drouin, Left Wing: Another small winger for Buffalo but how can you pass over him?

4. -Alexander Barkov, Centre: As much as the Avalanche really dont need another centre, they dont really have a choice at this point. Barkov can play wing if needed.

5. -Sean Monahan, Centre: A 1-2 punch of Stamkos and Monahan will be absolutely deadly. Monahan has been compared to Toews.

6. -Elias Lindholm, Centre: A big D-man would hace been good at this spot too but Lindholm will give the Oilers a great young top 6 in a few years.

7. -Ryan Pulock, Defense: Absolutely 0 offensive D-man in this prospect pool. Pulock will be able to anchor the powerplay for many years.

8. -Darnell Nurse, Defense: Big, physical, mobile, gritty D-man. A typical Flyers pick.

9. -Adam Erne, Right Wing: Maybe a bit early for Erne but he would be the perfect pick for the Stars.

10. -Hunter Shinkaruk, Forward: Probably one of the most talented players in the draft falls to 10th for the Jackets first pick in round 1.

11. Predators -Rasmus Ristolainen, Defense

12. Blue Jackets (via NYR) -Nikita Zadorov, Defense

13. Islanders -Valeri Nichushkin, Forward

14. Coyotes - Alexander Wennberg, Centre

15. Sharks - Josh Morrissey, Defense

16. Hurricanes - Robert Hagg, Defense

17. Devils - Anthony Mantha, Forward

18. Maple Leafs - Frederik Gauthier, Centre

19. Jets - Valentin Zykov, Right Wing

20. Canucks - Curtis Lazar, Centre

21. Wild - Max Domi, Centre

22. Blue Jackets (Kings) - Kerby Rychel, Forward

23. Red Wings - Mirco Mueller, Defense

24. Senators - Bo Horvat, Forward

25. Blues - JT Compher, Forward

26. Bruins - Morgan Klimchuk, Centre

27. Penguins - Andre Burakovsky, Left Wing

28. Canadiens - Ryan Hartman, Forward

29. Ducks - Nicolas Petan, Centre

30. Blackhawks - Zach Fucale, Goaltender

Last edited by LeHabsMan: 03-17-2013 at 05:23 PM.
LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:17 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

looks really good, id like to get Hunter at 10 we will see where this run takes us though

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:04 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
My March Mock Draft. Based on the current standings.

1. -Seth Jones, Defense: With Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Shore, Grimaldi and Howden as forward prospects, Jones will make the back end as solid as the front for the Panthers.

2. -Nathan MacKinnon, Centre: As well as Drouin is playing, MacKinnon just has so much talent and will look great with Kuznetsov and Forsberg.

3. -Jonathan Drouin, Left Wing: Another small winger for Buffalo but how can you pass over him?

4. -Alexander Barkov, Centre: As much as the Avalanche really dont need another centre, they dont really have a choice at this point. Barkov can play wing if needed.

5. -Sean Monahan, Centre: A 1-2 punch of Stamkos and Monahan will be absolutely deadly. Monahan has been compared to Toews.

6. -Elias Lindholm, Centre: A big D-man would hace been good at this spot too but Lindholm will give the Oilers a great young top 6 in a few years.

7. -Ryan Pulock, Defense: Absolutely 0 offensive D-man in this prospect pool. Pulock will be able to anchor the powerplay for many years.

8. -Darnell Nurse, Defense: Big, physical, mobile, gritty D-man. A typical Flyers pick.

9. -Adam Erne, Right Wing: Maybe a bit early for Erne but he would be the perfect pick for the Stars.

10. -Hunter Shinkaruk, Forward: Probably one of the most talented players in the draft falls to 10th for the Jackets first pick in round 1.

11. Predators -Rasmus Ristolainen, Defense

12. Blue Jackets (via NYR) -Nikita Zadorov, Defense

13. Islanders -Valeri Nichushkin, Forward

14. Coyotes - Alexander Wennberg, Centre

15. Sharks - Josh Morrissey, Defense

16. Hurricanes - Robert Hagg, Defense

17. Devils - Anthony Mantha

18. Maple Leafs - Frederik Gauthier

19. Jets - Valentin Zykov

20. Canucks - Curtis Lazar

21. Wild - Max Domi

22. Blue Jackets (Kings) - Kerby Rychel

23. Red Wings - Mirco Mueller

24. Senators - Bo Horvat

25. Blues - JT Compher

26. Bruins - Morgan Klimchuk

27. Penguins - Andre Burakovsky

28. Canadiens - Ryan Hartman

29. Ducks - Nicolas Petan

30. Blackhawks - Zach Fucale
Here's where I feel you went wrong;

I feel Adam Erne is way too early and Dallas should try and aim for Hunter. Also Islander won't take a Russian, Mantha would be perfect for them. He's what Islander need, a scorer to play along with Tavares. Then Zykov is too high on this list. Will he get drafted in the top 30?? Not sure, I bet he won't. Then Fucale as potential to be a 1st rounder but not soo sure Chicago would draft him, at 30th probably but I think New Jersey trade down and get Fucal and a 3rd for their 1st (17th overall). That my take on this draft.

You still made a decent mock since this year is the hardest in recent years since there's over 40 player's that deserve to be in the 1st round.

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 02:45 PM
stayinalive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post

I feel Adam Erne is way too early and Dallas should try and aim for Hunter. Also Islander won't take a Russian, Mantha would be perfect for them. He's what Islander need, a scorer to play along with Tavares. Then Zykov is too high on this list. Will he get drafted in the top 30?? Not sure, I bet he won't. Then Fucale as potential to be a 1st rounder but not soo sure Chicago would draft him, at 30th probably but I think New Jersey trade down and get Fucal and a 3rd for their 1st (17th overall). That my take on this draft.

You still made a decent mock since this year is the hardest in recent years since there's over 40 player's that deserve to be in the 1st round.
I bet he will. U intrested ?

stayinalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:24 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Dallas won't be taking Erne with RR and a better winger in Shinkaruk on the board. Terrible pick.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:02 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:

Buffalo is one of the bigger teams in the league, the only player in their future plans under 6' is Tyler Ennis. Drouin would be the pick, they need a skill set like him.

Grigorenko
Girgensons
Armia
Foligno
Tropp
McNabb
Pysyk
McCabe
Myers

all big guys

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
20. Canucks - Curtis Lazar
Yes please.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Sens won't pass on Ryan Hartman if he's available at our pick that late. Plays with Noesen and is exactly the kind of player we need.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Water Knight

Couple of thoughts
Max Domi going at 21? I think he'll go before then (,but I really like his play so I acknowledge that I'm biased).

If the Ducks take Nicolas Petan with Anthony Duclair ,Shea Theodore, or Artturi Lehkonen still available I'll be one unhappy Ducks Fan on draft day.

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Spot on with the Avs pick, even though he is a center, there is really no other option there.

CoachBadkitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post

All good points but I guess we just see different players differentely.

Nichushkin is a top 5 talent that has the Russian factor and a contract in Russia. Look at the positive in that: He cant be rushed, will be developped by the time he comes to North America(see Tarasenko) and is a perfect match for Tavares. I wouldnt be surprised to see him drop EVEN more than this but taking a guy like this at #13 is a steal... if he comes over. Or else I would probably say they take Mantha.

Erne and Shinkaruk was tough. I did say it is a bit early for Erne but I have a gut feeling he goes high.

Im a fan of Zykov. Maybe im biased.

I wasnt doing anything based on trades. I can see New Jersey trade but I went with the current order. I think Chicago would take him at #30.

Last edited by LeHabsMan: 03-17-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old
03-17-2013, 05:01 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Dallas won't be taking Erne with RR and a better winger in Shinkaruk on the board. Terrible pick.
For some reason I can really see Dallas take Erne. I mentionned that I think its early for Erne but he wouldnt be a "terrible pick" like you said. For the stars, only Shinkaruk and Risto would arguably be better picks. I have a gut feeling on Erne.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Buffalo is one of the bigger teams in the league, the only player in their future plans under 6' is Tyler Ennis. Drouin would be the pick, they need a skill set like him.

Grigorenko
Girgensons
Armia
Foligno
Tropp
McNabb
Pysyk
McCabe
Myers

all big guys
Small winger. Not team all around. Ennis, Gerbe and Pomminville and Leino arent the biggest guys in the world either. Hodgson is also small but a centre. Most of the guys you listed are still prospects. I was talking about current.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:15 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Sens won't pass on Ryan Hartman if he's available at our pick that late. Plays with Noesen and is exactly the kind of player we need.
I think Horvat would be a good pick. He is projected to be a solid third liner that can play in the top 6 is necessary and is very versatile. Any forward position.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:18 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
Couple of thoughts
Max Domi going at 21? I think he'll go before then (,but I really like his play so I acknowledge that I'm biased).

If the Ducks take Nicolas Petan with Anthony Duclair ,Shea Theodore, or Artturi Lehkonen still available I'll be one unhappy Ducks Fan on draft day.
No I agree. I would have him higher but I think he will drop to mid first round because of his size. He ended up dropping in my mock more than I expected.

I think Petan is more talented than any of those guys. Trust me, I see Duclair a lot and I would be surprised if he drops out of the top 60. Lehkonen is a wild card and I dont think Theodore is really needed in Anaheim. Other than the size issue, Petan is a great player. Definetely top 6 potential(Desharnais type).

Old
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Highly doubt the Avs go with a Center, even at the #4 spot.

They'll either go for a Winger if there is one they really like available, or I think they may trade down to a mid 1st round pick and pick up another good asset from the trade. Then draft a Dman with there mid 1st.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Highly doubt the Avs go with a Center, even at the #4 spot.

They'll either go for a Winger if there is one they really like available, or I think they may trade down to a mid 1st round pick and pick up another good asset from the trade. Then draft a Dman with there mid 1st.
Im not proposing trades in a mock draft. If the Avs draft at #4, they cant pass on Barkov, Monahan and Lindholm.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:29 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

The Sharks have several young, NHL defensemen. I like Morrissey but SJ takes a winger in the first.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Water Knight

Quote:
No I agree. I would have him higher but I think he will drop to mid first round because of his size. He ended up dropping in my mock more than I expected.

I think Petan is more talented than any of those guys. Trust me, I see Duclair a lot and I would be surprised if he drops out of the top 60. Lehkonen is a wild card and I dont think Theodore is really needed in Anaheim. Other than the size issue, Petan is a great player. Definetely top 6 potential(Desharnais type).
I like how with the 29th pick we can have a discussion about our opinions about who they should pick. Shows how deep the draft is .

If you have seen Duclair alot, then for the sake of argument (as I havn't seen him play that much this year) I'll move past him (although I've liked what I've seen ).

I'll agree that Theodore isn't really needed , however imo with the 29th pick you would do well to draft bpa (which to me is Theodore over Petan (in this Scenario)).

I also agree with Lehkonen being a wild card ,but he has soon flashes of brilliance on the ice (Down the road maybe this will be akin to hearing the siren call before crashing your ship into the rocks (aka he isn't as good as he seemed) , but I digress, for now he seems like a nice pick) .

On top of this I believe Petan could slip to the Islanders pick ,which the Ducks own, so they could pick him up there.

It mainly comes down to that we value Petan differently . However Petan is a good player, so maybe unhappy was an improper word to use .

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:46 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Im not proposing trades in a mock draft. If the Avs draft at #4, they cant pass on Barkov, Monahan and Lindholm.
I'd trade down a spot and take Lindholm. Eli can play both winger or center equally well, whereas Barkov would not be good at wing.

As for the Sharks, I really like Morrissey, but I'd love if Wennberg fell to us. And the Sharks finally signed a Russian (Daniil Tarasov), so maybe they won't be gun-shy if Nichushkin falls to them.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
I like how with the 29th pick we can have a discussion about our opinions about who they should pick. Shows how deep the draft is .

If you have seen Duclair alot, then for the sake of argument (as I havn't seen him play that much this year) I'll move past him (although I've liked what I've seen ).

I'll agree that Theodore isn't really needed , however imo with the 29th pick you would do well to draft bpa (which to me is Theodore over Petan (in this Scenario)).

I also agree with Lehkonen being a wild card ,but he has soon flashes of brilliance on the ice (Down the road maybe this will be akin to hearing the siren call before crashing your ship into the rocks (aka he isn't as good as he seemed) , but I digress, for now he seems like a nice pick) .

On top of this I believe Petan could slip to the Islanders pick ,which the Ducks own, so they could pick him up there.

It mainly comes down to that we value Petan differently . However Petan is a good player, so maybe unhappy was an improper word to use .
Duclair is VERY streaky and apparentely has attitude problems. I see him being like Kabanov after years back. First round talent but issues makes him drop.

I wouldnt touch Lehkonen in the first round. But that might be just me. Petan will probably be picked between 25 and 45 because of his height but IMO he has the talent to go in the top 15.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:00 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
The Sharks have several young, NHL defensemen. I like Morrissey but SJ takes a winger in the first.
Morrissey is quite a bit ahead of the guys left at that spot but Mantha would work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I'd trade down a spot and take Lindholm. Eli can play both winger or center equally well, whereas Barkov would not be good at wing.

As for the Sharks, I really like Morrissey, but I'd love if Wennberg fell to us. And the Sharks finally signed a Russian (Daniil Tarasov), so maybe they won't be gun-shy if Nichushkin falls to them.
Wennberg is a fast riser in the draft, chances are he is gone. Morrissey is a good pick. And if Nichuhkin falls that far and the Sharks dont take him, someone has to be fired.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:03 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Morrissey is quite a bit ahead of the guys left at that spot but Mantha would work too.

Wennberg is a fast riser in the draft, chances are he is gone. Morrissey is a good pick. And if Nichuhkin falls that far and the Sharks dont take him, someone has to be fired.
Well, the Sharks are only going to fall in the standings, so we'll see. Also, they should stay the hell away from Mantha. Players with work ethic issues are a black mark on SJ drafting history.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:22 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Well, the Sharks are only going to fall in the standings, so we'll see. Also, they should stay the hell away from Mantha. Players with work ethic issues are a black mark on SJ drafting history.
I dont think anyone else is worthy of getting picked over Morrissey at that spot.

Old
03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
I dont think anyone else is worthy of getting picked over Morrissey at that spot.
No, I completely agree, which is why I was fine with the pick despite the Sharks having young PMDs coming out the wazoo. I'm just saying, at that spot, I'd like to trade up a place or two.