HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread - Razor Ramon Edition (MOD WARNING POST #922)

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 03:59 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
Yeah they pretty much are when you take into account cap growth and the NHLPA use of the cap inflator which still exists from everything I've seen. The one year remaining one may not be comfortable (it's doable) but the other ones aren't that big of a deal.

More to the point no GM is really that concerned about 6+ years from now. If they are you have the wrong GM.
based on the Ryan O'Reilly offer I'm not even convinced Feaster is concerned about the now.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Our whole team is in a rough patch right now, Luongo and Schneider included.

We can't move anyone right now, we will get nothing for any of our guys.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
03-17-2013, 04:14 PM
thepuckmonster
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I still love Luongo but last game really just pissed me off with him.

The fifth goal was flukey but like FFS can he please battle when the going gets tough.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post

The fifth goal was flukey but like FFS can he please battle when the going gets tough.
The whole team gave up, after 4-1 everyone just quit.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

I can't believe you snuck "THGOSLTIHNCWTNTT" through the swear filter.

Mods get all the privileges.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:23 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

Why single him out? Where's the captain? Where's the rest of the team?

03-17-2013, 04:24 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Because this is a Luongo thread, not a "the whole team blows chunks wah wah" thread. I've called out plenty of the other players as well.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:27 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:

all 3 of those goals in the 3rd were unacceptable. His counterpart on the other side outplayed him once again. Has it come to shielding Luongo from Detroit now too?

Old
03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
The whole team gave up, after 4-1 everyone just quit.
There was only one line playing out there from the puck drop. After it was 4-1, yeah, you could say they quit.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Hal 9000*

Well, nobody will defend Luongo's performance last night. Schneider has had games like this recently too and to that I've said "the goalie still has to make the saves". Sure, Luongo had 2 goals go off bodies and 2 others that beat him either stick side or under the arm (very Schneider like) that he coulda had. The 2nd goal, he had to respect the shooter (Datsyuk) and trust that the defense ties up the front of the net.

So, not a good outing, but these games happen. The Red Wings exposed the entire team for their poor defensive play and their unwillingness to compete.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:31 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
There was only one line playing out there from the puck drop. After it was 4-1, yeah, you could say they quit.
Yeah.

We don't have to be a one line team, but apparently that's how it's going to be. If each line had a distinct identity and job we'd be fine instead of whatever cluster**** AV is trying to play.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:32 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post
Well, nobody will defend Luongo's performance last night. Schneider has had games like this recently too and to that I've said "the goalie still has to make the saves". Sure, Luongo had 2 goals go off bodies and 2 others that beat him either stick side or under the arm (very Schneider like) that he coulda had. The 2nd goal, he had to respect the shooter (Datsyuk) and trust that the defense ties up the front of the net.

So, not a good outing, but these games happen. The Red Wings exposed the entire team for their poor defensive play and their unwillingness to compete.
It's not "Schneider-like", it's just a bad goal no matter if Luongo, Lundqvist, Quick or Schneids lets it in.

Nice attempt at a jab though.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:33 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post

What exactly is there to defend?

Old
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Hal 9000*

Quote:
It's not "Schneider-like", it's just a bad goal no matter if Luongo, Lundqvist, Quick or Schneids lets it in.

Nice attempt at a jab though.
They were bad goals, I did say he shoulda had them - right?

Old
03-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Scurr

I heard Kevin Woodley on the radio this week talking about how Lu's technical game is slowly eroding to old form.... at least he hasn't reverted to showing up his defensemen again

Old
03-17-2013, 04:52 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

I guess the Preds should look at moving Rinne because he had back to back meltdowns, right? Point is every goalie has bad games, including both of ours.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Scurr

Quote:
I guess the Preds should look at moving Rinne because he had back to back meltdowns, right? Point is every goalie has bad games, including both of ours.
You think we'll ever see Schneider throw his hands in the air and slam his stick at a defensemen when he has a bad game?

Old
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
I always thought Rinne was a major byproduct of Weber and Suter. He's good, but he's not that good. Doesn't use his size as well as he could. Ironically both Rinne (without Suter) and Lindback (without Nashville) have looked bad this year. Nashville's goalie coach is not very good, both goalies are very scrambly and too aggressive.

He's so bipolar, leading the league in SOs and then meltdowns. I wouldn't pay him 7M a year.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:56 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
I always thought Rinne was a major byproduct of Weber and Suter. He's good, but he's not that good. Doesn't use his size as well as he could. Ironically both Rinne (without Suter) and Lindback (without Nashville) have looked bad this year. Nashville's goalie coach is not very good, both goalies are very scrambly and too aggressive.

He's so bipolar, leading the league in SOs and then meltdowns. I wouldn't pay him 7M a year.
Funny thing is I agree with your assessment of Rinne. I've always thought he was overrated and never worthy of being credited as the number 2 or 3 goalie in the world.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:59 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Funny thing is I agree with your assessment of Rinne. I've always thought he was overrated and never worthy of being credited as the number 2 or 3 goalie in the world.
Behind Weber and Suter he puts up arguably Vezina numbers, but any higher-end (top 20) goalie should. Without Suter he's still a high end goalie, but certainly cannot stand alone without the system and defense. I'd peg him 12-15.

Which kind of just speaks to how terrible Crawford is. He's been decent this year, but he still is so bad. He has possibly the worst positioning of any starter and I think he might actually try and move out of the way of the puck. He has good numbers because he's playing like a low-end starter and has Keith and Seabrook in front of him.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Hammer Time

Quote:

Nashville's goalies have always looked good - Dunham, Vokoun, Ellis, now Rinne. Doesn't seem like a fluke to me. Who should get the credit for that - Trotz, or Mitch Korn the goalie coach, or just having good defencemen? I haven't watched the Preds enough to be able to decide.

Agreed on Rinne's inconsistency. Vancouver just seems to have his number. But then again, other "elite" goalies like Lundqvist and Luongo have had their meltdowns too - I think it's just unavoidable.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
Nashville's goalies have always looked good - Dunham, Vokoun, Ellis, now Rinne. Doesn't seem like a fluke to me. Who should get the credit for that - Trotz, or Mitch Korn the goalie coach, or just having good defencemen? I haven't watched the Preds enough to be able to decide.

Agreed on Rinne's inconsistency. Vancouver just seems to have his number. But then again, other "elite" goalies like Lundqvist and Luongo have had their meltdowns too - I think it's just unavoidable.
Its Trotz' system and having Weber. Their goalie coach isn't great, as evidenced by the success Nashville goalies have outside of the system (I'd say Vokoun is the only one who's lived up to his hype).

Old
03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Hal 9000*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
You think we'll ever see Schneider throw his hands in the air and slam his stick at a defensemen when he has a bad game?

Most likely.

Do you ever see Edler or Bieksa apologizing to our goalies for their bad giveaways, poor coverage, deflections and outright screening of their own goalies. We saw Byfuglien turn and apologize for doing the exact same thing to Pavelec in the easly game.

On an aside, shortly after Edler's screen play on Luongo, Lu threw the puck into edler's feet (suicde pass) when he was in the corner. Accident? Maybe, maybe not!

Old
03-17-2013, 05:46 PM
mriswith

I'm not sure it's worth arguing about the penalty if Lu retires at 38 or 39 instead of 43. We will almost certainly be rebuilding then, as the Sedins will be done, the current core will be declining, and our farm is poor.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:12 PM
John Bender

Quote:
You don't seem to have a problem breaking down all of Schneider's faults and blaming losses on him. At least man up and admit he was bad last night.

Closed Thread