HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
03-16-2013, 05:33 AM
JaredCowenFan
ErikKarlssonFan

vCash: 500
Does anyone know specifically and a good percentage where I could get $20 PSN cards? LMK, thanks.

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:36 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsOfHelminen View Post
How does it work, the magnet stick i mean? Is it strictly defensive tool, or is it an attacking "aimbot" also? Not interested in using it, just trying to get info what it does.
The only time I've ever heard the term magnet stick is when a computer steals the puck off your stick without having to pokecheck it from you. It's something a computer can do that a player cannot. It happens when you try to skate past a computer and their stick is close to yours. I've also never heard of any type of "aimbot" for NHL. The only glitch I've ever heard of is people "Juicing" their players by somehow glitching the attributes page and giving their online player their offline players stats, which are considerably greater then any legitimate online player.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Does BEAGM actively slow your players down and remove maneuverability when you're on a long winning streak? It seems like when I win a bunch of games my players get really slow and it's hard to control them. I also get destroyed by players like Yakupov who literally blow my players off their feet one after the other with huge crushing hits, and it's not like he's getting speed either, both players are almost at a standstill. The physics in this game are just weird.

Winnipeg Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:34 PM
HandsOfHelminen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
The only time I've ever heard the term magnet stick is when a computer steals the puck off your stick without having to pokecheck it from you. It's something a computer can do that a player cannot. It happens when you try to skate past a computer and their stick is close to yours. I've also never heard of any type of "aimbot" for NHL. The only glitch I've ever heard of is people "Juicing" their players by somehow glitching the attributes page and giving their online player their offline players stats, which are considerably greater then any legitimate online player.
K, ty. There's been some talkin' in the net, but yes, there will allways be. Oh well.

HandsOfHelminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Does anyone know specifically and a good percentage where I could get $20 PSN cards? LMK, thanks.
Your local gift card venders should carry $20 PSN cards. 7-Eleven, Best Buy, Future Shop, EB Games, and even London Drugs should carry them.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:20 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Does BEAGM actively slow your players down and remove maneuverability when you're on a long winning streak? It seems like when I win a bunch of games my players get really slow and it's hard to control them. I also get destroyed by players like Yakupov who literally blow my players off their feet one after the other with huge crushing hits, and it's not like he's getting speed either, both players are almost at a standstill. The physics in this game are just weird.
I've found when you win a bunch of games in a row the AI of the other team improves significantly for a few games and then dumbs itself back down after a while. Its been like that for a long time like since 2009.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Deku Scrub
For the Lads

vCash: 0
Gotta love this game.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Theon
Registered Hobbit

Haven't played this for a looooong time. Have they fixed the ridiculously slow sim speed on the Be a GM mode on PS3 yet?

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:32 AM
JetsAlternate

^Yikes to the Bobrovsky screencaps.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 03-22-2013 at 02:48 AM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
Haven't played this for a looooong time. Have they fixed the ridiculously slow sim speed on the Be a GM mode on PS3 yet?
Not even close. I think it's unfixable.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Hand in your badge, Bobrovsky! You're off the force!

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:56 PM
theschwab13

Anyone get the new roster update? Could you post who has changed? Thanks.

theschwab13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
So, what's the new update exactly?

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:54 PM
n00bxQb

It doesn't even matter at this point. Roster updates aren't going to solve anything.

EA basically abandoned the game after October 23, 2012. Only a minor tuner update and roster updates since then. It's completely unacceptable given the hundreds of problems that still exist in the game, many of which should've never made it past QA.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Passchendaele

All I can see so far is that Perry and Getzlaf's contracts have been updated.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:55 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
D'Agostini might be on the Devils. I haven't played today, so IDK. It happened today, so I doubt they would be that quick.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Swic21

Anyone interested in a GMC league with a cash prize to the Cup winner? Pm me for details. PS3

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:17 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I've found when you win a bunch of games in a row the AI of the other team improves significantly for a few games and then dumbs itself back down after a while. Its been like that for a long time like since 2009.
Law of averages states that you can only play so many games with bad opposing AI until you run into good opposing AI. That's not evil EA programming to artificially influence games, that's just statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
It doesn't even matter at this point. Roster updates aren't going to solve anything.

EA basically abandoned the game after October 23, 2012. Only a minor tuner update and roster updates since then. It's completely unacceptable given the hundreds of problems that still exist in the game, many of which should've never made it past QA.
I kinda almost wish they never did tuners. Every year, the game is so much better on release and then the first tuner panders to the "I don't like it! This game is too HAARRRD NOWWW" crowd.

Honestly, I think that on release, this was the most perfect hockey game they'd ever released and was MILES and MILES ahead of last year's game. But then you have the people who played only OTP, and had 50 overall skaters complaining about the skating engine when it wasn't the engine that was at fault, it was them actually having terrible skaters. Then EA tweaked the game to pander to the people who hadn't even experienced it as intended.

They do that every year, although I think it's more of a crime this year because they made such huge strides.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the people who thinks this game is garbage. While I think this game has a lot of problems, and it was so much better a few months ago, EA is making serious steps in the right direction. Maybe they don't have 2k to compete with anymore, but in an interview somewhere, Rammer said that they still have to compete with Madden and FIFA. The fact that they implemented a game-changing skating engine when 2k hockey has been gone for 2 years tells me they aren't completely mailing it in like everyone seems to think, otherwise why bother working on such a drastic change?

kdfsjljklgjfg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Does anyone have any tips for shooting one timers or know of a site that does?

I can't get my point men to take hard slap shot one timers. Every time I try to set one up they either shoot before the puck reaches them or shoot the puck really soft. Many times on the backhand.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:39 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Does anyone have any tips for shooting one timers or know of a site that does?

I can't get my point men to take hard slap shot one timers. Every time I try to set one up they either shoot before the puck reaches them or shoot the puck really soft. Many times on the backhand.
Getting a right handed player on the left side of the ice, or a left handed player on the right side of the ice(their "shooting side") is the easiest way to fire a one-time slapper. Just pass it time them and while the puck is on it's way to the player, just press up on the shot stick ONCE. If you press it a bunch of times, he will miss it more times than not. Hope that helps.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Getting a right handed player on the left side of the ice, or a left handed player on the right side of the ice(their "shooting side") is the easiest way to fire a one-time slapper. Just pass it time them and while the puck is on it's way to the player, just press up on the shot stick ONCE. If you press it a bunch of times, he will miss it more times than not. Hope that helps.
Thanks that definitely helps. My problem is that I was holding up on the shot stick until the puck reached the shooter. That used to work in NHL 12. I still can't manage to take a slap shot on the one timer though. I've been getting wrist shots. Do you just press down-up on the shot stick before the puck reaches the shooter or do you have to time it intricately?

Old
03-23-2013, 01:09 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Thanks that definitely helps. My problem is that I was holding up on the shot stick until the puck reached the shooter. That used to work in NHL 12. I still can't manage to take a slap shot on the one timer though. I've been getting wrist shots. Do you just press down-up on the shot stick before the puck reaches the shooter or do you have to time it intricately?
Umm, come to think of it, try tapping up on the shot stick twice. One might be wrist shot, two slap shots. I just do it automatically at this point

Old
03-23-2013, 02:21 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

This game is unbelievably broken.

On faceoffs why do they not give you the ability to switch players when the other guy ties you up? He can grab the puck and then blow by your d-men who are standing still while you can't do anything but watch it happen.

Everybody does this online now and it's unstoppable.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Umm, come to think of it, try tapping up on the shot stick twice. One might be wrist shot, two slap shots. I just do it automatically at this point
I tried both single tap and 2 taps and it still doesn't result in a slap shot. 2 taps might result in a slightly harder wrist shot but I'm not sure.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:13 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
I tried both single tap and 2 taps and it still doesn't result in a slap shot. 2 taps might result in a slightly harder wrist shot but I'm not sure.
I just messed around in practice and I think I can finally help. Try to pass it backwards to the guy that you want to take the shot. Get a little space between the guy passing the puck and the one you want to shoot the puck. Get the passer deeper into the zone, and pass it backwards and across the ice to the shooter. Hold the shot stick up right after you release the pass, and your guy should fire the puck.