HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 02:08 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

vCash: 500
Tanner Pearson not in the lineup today. Setback?

Old
03-17-2013, 04:06 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
Tanner Pearson not in the lineup today. Setback?
First game back from injury was Friday, he got hurt again and is probably lost for remainder of season.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
First game back from injury was Friday, he got hurt again and is probably lost for remainder of season.
That is terrible news. Any idea on what his injury is?

Old
03-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Damn the 'completely healthy through the Cup run' curse. It's hit the Kings organization hard.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:36 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That is terrible news. Any idea on what his injury is?
Didn't see exactly what happened, but his reaction looked as though it was a puck or stick that got him, obviously it was something else. It was Mark Morris who said last night that Pearson was probably done. Tough times for the team right now with so many ECHL players on the team, injuries and call ups.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:45 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

That sucks about Pearson. Team is just being decimated with injures and calls up.

To top that off Monarchs loss 3-1 today to Providence. Playoff hopes looking grim. Bright side though is Weal continues to excell and Berube who FINALLY got a start had what might have been his best game as a Monarch. Although he allowed 3 goals he made some HUGE saves today.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:46 AM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
That sucks about Pearson. Team is just being decimated with injures and calls up.

To top that off Monarchs loss 3-1 today to Providence. Playoff hopes looking grim. Bright side though is Weal continues to excell and Berube who FINALLY got a start had what might have been his best game as a Monarch. Although he allowed 3 goals he made some HUGE saves today.
Per Hubie McDonough, Cliche, Pearson and Mannino all may be back this weekend. Very surprised about Pearson as Mark Morris indicated previously that he was probably done for the season......guess young kids heal quickly

Old
03-20-2013, 10:47 AM
damacles1156

I am starting to love Tanner Pearson, that kid is just all drive/heart.

He reminds me so much of J-Dub. He just always keeps pucks alive.

What a Pick at 31.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:18 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Per Hubie McDonough, Cliche, Pearson and Mannino all may be back this weekend. Very surprised about Pearson as Mark Morris indicated previously that he was probably done for the season......guess young kids heal quickly
Awesome! Great news!

Morris tends greatly exaggerate injury news! Like all the time!

Old
03-22-2013, 01:02 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Sorry for being so late on this but Monarchs lost on Wednesday 3-0 to the Springfield Falcons. Didn't see any of the game. But, from the short highlights below it looked pretty brutal. 2nd goal is just absolutely awful by Jones.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6940

Playoffs are getting gloomier by the day. But, hopefully with key players coming back from injury. They get a streak going. I think there gonna have get a winning streak going in order to get in. Currently sitting 3 points out. However, they are tied with Albany who has played 3 less games and are only 2 points ahead of Worcester who've played 4 less games (although they still have 3 more games verse Worcester)

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....ason=&confId=0

Old
03-24-2013, 12:12 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs won tonight 6-4 over the Hershey Bears. Didn't see the game. But, the Monarchs came back from 3-0 deficient to win the game.

Goals from Andreoff, Yellow Horn (2), Weal, & Vey (2)

Pretty sweet assist from Kozun on Yellow Horn's first goal.

Linden Vey now has 57 points on the season (17G & 40A) and is only 3 points from leading the league in points.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:25 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Might be a couple of moves coming. Might not but I heard that we might see Vey in LA before too long and that means that someone is either getting waived on the big club or moved. Its too late tonight to look into it but it might be so. I thought Vey was staying put for the rest of the season and that TT was getting sent down but maybe not.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:13 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Might be a couple of moves coming. Might not but I heard that we might see Vey in LA before too long and that means that someone is either getting waived on the big club or moved. Its too late tonight to look into it but it might be so. I thought Vey was staying put for the rest of the season and that TT was getting sent down but maybe not.
Richardson....

He is expensive for a depth guy. Also Lombardi would do the right thing and let Richardson find a job somewhere in the NHL.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Eek--sounds interesting.

Kings have looked good last couple of games, but they seem to be missing...something. Hunger? They're pulling off hits (and I wonder how much that has to do with the schedule?). Maybe some more youth in the lineup would get that hunger back in. But I'm just spitballing.

Thanks for sharing the highlights. at Kozun's skating. And I'm thrilled for Yellow Horn that he's doing as well as he is in the A. You can tell he just loves the game and enjoying every minute of it.

Vey looks like a pro.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Seems like the Monarchs are pushing to make a push to get into the playoffs and sit at 9th right now with 2 points behind Hershey for the final playoff spot. I would think that they probably keep Vey so that he can help lead the Monarchs to a playoff spot, unless they have somebody they could assign to Manchester to help them out. Also not sure where Vey would fit in the current Kings lineup. Would make sense for them to call him up though once the Monarchs are eliminated, but I question the timing of a call up at this point.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:34 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
It literally makes zero sense. As it stands, we already have 12 regulars and one guy that NEEDS to be playing hockey, leaving only Richardson as a spare. So 13 guys at the NHL level right now that can't really sit out (unless Penner sucks again, and even then we'd still have 12). No room for Vey whatsoever unless there's a move made and even then, it would have to be for a regular and then probably see TT sent down.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Monarchs won tonight 6-4 over the Hershey Bears. Didn't see the game. But, the Monarchs came back from 3-0 deficient to win the game.

Goals from Andreoff, Yellow Horn (2), Weal, & Vey (2)

Pretty sweet assist from Kozun on Yellow Horn's first goal.

Linden Vey now has 57 points on the season (17G & 40A) and is only 3 points from leading the league in points.

Similar assist on Yellow Horn's second goal.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:47 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs lost today 4-3 to the St. John's Ice Caps.

Goals today from Vey, Kozun, and Cliche

Nice goal from Cliche there. Caught the rebound and put it down on his stick to put it home. Rough game for Jones he's gotta be a lot sharper. But, in his defense Morris has been playing him WAY too much!

Old
03-24-2013, 10:58 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Vey going the other way in a deal. It's too bad if he does as I love watching our prospects grow, but it's just bad timing. The kings are all about winning now, and unfortunately, he's better used as a bargaining chip for a proven vet than he is as a prospect in our system waiting for an opportunity with the kings.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:57 AM
fyrescorp

Don't the NHL rosters expand soon?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:13 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
Don't the NHL rosters expand soon?
Traditionally after the trade deadline ... however with this new CBA that no one seems to have access to, we're not 100% sure this has carried over ?

Old
03-25-2013, 06:39 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Monarchs lost today 4-3 to the St. John's Ice Caps.

Goals today from Vey, Kozun, and Cliche

Nice goal from Cliche there. Caught the rebound and put it down on his stick to put it home. Rough game for Jones he's gotta be a lot sharper. But, in his defense Morris has been playing him WAY too much!

In defense of Mark Morris, he didn't/doesn't have much choice with Mannino being out hurt for quite a long time. I think Berube's numbers were worse than Jones.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Johnny Utah

Yellow-Horn has 6 goals in 18 games, wow. Easy transition to the AHL for him.

Anyone have updated lines. My boy Andreoff pots his 10 goal. He has 11 fights too. Mark my words like I said with Nolan, he will be a King very soon.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Yellow-Horn has 6 goals in 18 games, wow. Easy transition to the AHL for him.

Anyone have updated lines. My boy Andreoff pots his 10 goal. He has 11 fights too. Mark my words like I said with Nolan, he will be a King very soon.
I couldn't agree more. Andy Andy is NHL bound and gonna be a good one. Solid 3/4liner.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:49 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs win! 3-1 over the Worcester Sharks in front of a PACKED house!

Goals from LoVerde, Kolomatis, & Kozun

Linden Vey picked up an assist tonight on the Kolomatis goal and is now within 1 point of being in a tie for the league leader in points!
highlights:

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6985

Closed Thread