HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/16/13 - "Isle Have Another!" - Panthers vs Islanders

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 10:39 PM
harv3317

vCash: 500
brennan was acceptable tonight. no glaring errors, a goal, a bit weak on his board work and not very physical around the net. also i din't think his speed was anything special. i liked how he got in on the rush, but wingers better be aware as it's a defensive liability. overall i'd give him a B his first game. i still liked ellerby a lot more, but we'll see how he develops. hope he can consistently take the next step without being a defensive liability.

Old
03-16-2013, 10:57 PM
flapanthersfan

just to chime in on the Gudbranson frustration - i've been saying this for a long time now - he sucks. at least right now he does. he has a loooooooooooooooooong way to go if that pick is even going to look decent because right now - he's terrible.

he's now a -17 this season. in 20 games.

his d-zone coverage is brutal, he doesn't have much of an outlet pass, his skating is choppy. he has no confidence/poise with the puck. the only thing he contributes is that he is physical, but what good is that is you're a total liability in every single other facet of the game?

he's still young, so i'm not even close to writing him off yet. but boy does he have a loooooooooong way to go as a player.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:08 PM
AaronEkbald

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
just to chime in on the Gudbranson frustration - i've been saying this for a long time now - he sucks. at least right now he does. he has a loooooooooooooooooong way to go if that pick is even going to look decent because right now - he's terrible.

his d-zone coverage is brutal, he doesn't have much of an outlet pass, his skating is choppy. he has no confidence/poise with the puck. the only thing he contributes is that he is physical, but what good is that is you're a total liability in every single other facet of the game?

he's still young, so i'm not even close to writing him off yet. but boy does he have a loooooooooong way to go as a player.
Should've picked Skinner.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:18 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Should've picked Skinner.

*Fowler

Old
03-16-2013, 11:20 PM
RainingRats

I like the new camera angle

Old
03-16-2013, 11:44 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

The new camera angle is the biggest star the Panthers have had since Bure.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Benched

Was at the game. Jovo was plain awful. First goal was completely his fault. Terrible work along the boards, leading to a turnover and the goal. Second goal was partly his fault for not being in position along with the other d-man. Completely left the scorer alone in the slot. He also had at least two plays where he had a clear chance at the puck and stayed back, allowing the Islanders to take back possession in our zone.

Campbell was also not good in this game. Seems like he's lost the pep in his step and is just playing lazy. Had a few plays where he had an open man and chose to play dump and chase instead. Also isn't finishing checks whatsoever.

Clem was Clem.

As a silver lining, Brennan looked really good. Completely created the scoring chance leading to the first goal by himself, breaking in on goal and eventually scoring. His shot is a scorcher. He will be a good guy for the PP.

An informative game to be at but nonetheless frustrating with the loss.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814

This so reminded me of Gudbranson last night.

"Wait what.. the puck is going that way"

Old
03-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Panthers607
#CatsAreComing

All according to plans..........

Old
03-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

You have a vendetta against him because you despise the pick. He can't do right according to you ever. He 'sucks?' Bahahaha. No. Does he need to improve? Absolutely!

The whole ****ing team other than 3 guys are looking horrendous in a shortened season and you do nothing but target Guds?

03-17-2013, 10:03 AM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post

This so reminded me of Gudbranson last night.

"Wait what.. the puck is going that way"
this is too funny

Old
03-17-2013, 01:38 PM
GernBlanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
You have a vendetta against him because you despise the pick. He can't do right according to you ever. He 'sucks?' Bahahaha. No. Does he need to improve? Absolutely!

The whole ****ing team other than 3 guys are looking horrendous in a shortened season and you do nothing but target Guds?
Couldn't agree more. The kid needs to develop in a few areas, for sure. But watch... next time you see a Panther player clear an opposing player out of the crease who is screening our goalie - it's gonna be Guds. 9 times out of 10. Is it happening enough? Not even close... but WHEN it's happening, it's him. He misses some assignments and gets back on his heels a lot, but I think that's stuff that he can improve on with work.

I'm not sure he's ever going to be a Doughty or someone who warranted a top 3 pick as a D-man... but people around here are calling him a bottom-pairing d-man when it's all said and done. That's just ridiculous.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:46 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

In regards Gudbrandson, I don't think he even got a chance to work out in the off-season so might explain a little bit better his poor start plus he is still hurting in the shoulder

Old
03-17-2013, 01:54 PM
AaronEkbald

Maybe if Gud can refrain from wakeboarding this summer..

Old
03-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

FFS...Guds is only 21 years old. He still has a lot of growing to do. I honestly don't get you guys. You're acting like he's Jovo, on the decline of his career.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:23 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
I think you can give just about everyone on the roster an F for offseason preparation.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I like the new camera angle
We changed camera angle? No more Club Dead in the background.. ?

Old
03-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:
He already said he'll never wakeboard again and sold his board

Old
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post

since you have literacy issues, i was responding to the 2-3 pages worth of complaining from OTHER posters about his piss-poor play.

and as of right now, yeah, he sucks. do other players on our team suck? most of them do. but we also didn't puck those guys 3rd overall.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:41 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston View Post
Couldn't agree more. The kid needs to develop in a few areas, for sure. But watch... next time you see a Panther player clear an opposing player out of the crease who is screening our goalie - it's gonna be Guds. 9 times out of 10. Is it happening enough? Not even close... but WHEN it's happening, it's him. He misses some assignments and gets back on his heels a lot, but I think that's stuff that he can improve on with work.

I'm not sure he's ever going to be a Doughty or someone who warranted a top 3 pick as a D-man... but people around here are calling him a bottom-pairing d-man when it's all said and done. That's just ridiculous.
i never said anything of the sort personally - i've actually said he's still very young and has alot of time to improve.

all i'm saying is right now - he's terrible. hopefully for our sake, he improves, alot.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
We changed camera angle? No more Club Dead in the background.. ?
Yup. It's much higher up. I like this angle much more regardless of club Red.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
since you have literacy issues, i was responding to the 2-3 pages worth of complaining from OTHER posters about his piss-poor play.

and as of right now, yeah, he sucks. do other players on our team suck? most of them do. but we also didn't puck those guys 3rd overall.
Nope, same nonsense all season. Fowler, btw, hasn't been the same since his first season. Guds can't do right by you.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:43 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Gudbranson hasn't had the best year, but:

1. he's coming back from an injury that doesn't allow him to play a physical game
2. he has no solid veteran to play with on the blue line

I don't want to sound like a homer - the kid may very well end up a disappointment - but I think it's premature to start worrying about him.

If we are having the same conversation next year at this time, then we have a problem.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

He's just not the aggressive guy he was last season. He holds up, doesn't ales go after the big check, and I think he still has lingering effects from his shoulder. Or he was told to just cool it?

Old
03-17-2013, 05:02 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Sad to see us with only 7 wins and the next lowest win total at 10.

Will we even hit double digits by the end of the year? I think this might actually be THE WORST Panthers team ever....

Well the 01-02 Panthers had a goal differential of -70, but we're at -39 right now which over 82 games works out to a difference of -110 goals for the season, so yes, I think it's safe to say this is the worst Panthers team in history.

Closed Thread