HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calle Jarnkrok

Old
03-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Calle Jarnkrok

Just out of curiosity...Detroit fans, what would it take from Ottawa to get Jarnkrok to come to Ottawa and play with Silfverberg?

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Jurky
The Human Genius

vCash: 77
An arm and a leg.

He's as close to untouchable as a Detroit prospect can get, barring a drastic overpayment he won't be moved.

Counter question: What would it take to get Silf out of Ottawa? Seems like it might be a more plausible scenario of reuniting them since IMO Calle is Detroit's most valued prospect whereas I don't think Silf is Ottawa's #1 prospect.

Last edited by Jurky: 03-17-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Jimbo7200

Iron Hook is Datsyuk's heir apparent, so it'll cost you a lot more than you'd be willing to give up I'm sure.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
An arm and a leg.

He's as close as untouchable as a Detroit prospect can get.

Barring a drastic overpayment he won't be moved.

Counter question: What would it take to get Silf out of Ottawa? Seems like it might be a more plausible scenario of reuniting them since IMO Calle is Detroit's most valued prospect whereas I don't think Silf is Ottawa's #1 prospect.
Pretty much just as unlikely.

List of top-6 wingers with more than 82 games of experience signed to Ottawa next season:

Michalek

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Wingsfan2965*

The world.

You're going to see most people either saying no, period, or people demanding a whole hell of a lot.

It's because Holland isn't going to trade Jarnkrok, period. Unless it was in a package for an elite two way defender, it's never happening. He's the best forward prospect Detroit has had since Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and Datsyuk and Zetterberg are both getting old.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

So he's generally considered a better prospect than Nyquist and Tatar?

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Jurky
The Human Genius

vCash: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
He's more valuable to Detroit than Nyquist and Tatar because he is a center.
List of Detroit prospects that project to be top 6 centers:

Calle Jarnkrok

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
He's not as NHL ready as them, but I think he's better.

His numbers in the SEL are pretty similar to Zetterberg's.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Ok was just curious. Would have been nice if it were an option, but yeah Silfverberg is untouchable outside of a massive overpayment so...cheers.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Kershaw

Just curious as to what make Jarnkrok much better than Rangers C prospect Oscar Lindbeg? One is considered an elite NHL prospect, while the other is overlooked by the hockey world. Jarnkrok had 42 pts in 53 games, while Lindberg had 42 pts in 55 games. Both have same height/weight frame, but Jarnkrok did have more productive season last year with Silfverberg.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:41 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Probably something around Cowen+, if they were to seriously consider it.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Just curious as to what make Jarnkrok much better than Rangers C prospect Oscar Lindbeg? One is considered an elite NHL prospect, while the other is overlooked by the hockey world. Jarnkrok had 42 pts in 53 games, while Lindberg had 42 pts in 55 games. Both have same height/weight frame, but Jarnkrok did have more productive season last year with Silfverberg.
I definitely think that part of it has to do with the organizations they play for. I think Jarnkrok definitely benefited from playing with Silfverberg last year, but he's held his own this year and I think he's a very talented young player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Yeah..he's not worth that and Ottawa isn't in dire need of a centre. Thanks!

Old
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Unfortunately HF doesn't have a very good description on Lindberg, but what they note on Jarnkrok is skating ability, playmaking and puck possession, and hockey sense.

And the fact that Hakan thinks he's a BAMF...

Old
03-18-2013, 08:52 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
I don't think Järnkrok is considered elite prospect.. he projects as second line C.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:12 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
While it appears that he may have "stalled" point wise he actually produced for more this year then last. Last year he was in on 39 of 148 of Brynas goals or 26%, this year he was in on 42 of their 123 goals or 34%. He also only had one other forward break the 30 point mark, Elias Lindholm, and only 1 other player had above 30 points. He was on a team where he was pretty much all by himself.

He also projects as a #2 center, with the outside chance of getting to a #1, we won't really know until he plays in the AHL/NHL either later this season or next season.

Oscar Lindbeg played on one of the best teams in SEL, and had 2 players finish ahead of him in points, he had the 4th best P/G. That may be why he isn't looked upon in the same light, that and he appeared to regress in 2011-2012 only putting up 10 points.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:33 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
yyaahhhhhhh... that wont work I guess...

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Great question and Lindberg is bigger size wise. 6'1 190 vs 5'11 170
Hypothetically Wings fans if they are traded for each other what would the Rangers have to add?
Just to be clear this is not a proposal, just for discussion sake.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Just out of curiosity...Detroit fans, what would it take from Ottawa to get Jarnkrok to come to Ottawa and play with Silfverberg?
Sorry he's pretty much the heir apparent to take over Pavel Datsyuk spot when he leaves In about a year or so, So he's going no where.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Hypothetically Wings fans if they are traded for each other what would the Rangers have to add?
According to Elitepropsects both are 6´0 and Järnkrok is 176 lbs.

I haven't seen enough of Lindberg to answer to the question.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:18 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Well given that this is the 1st year that he has put up over 15 points I'd say quite a bit would have to be added. If we're talking prospects there's nobody I'd really want from the Rangers to be added to him. I just did a quick google search on Lindberg and to me he seems like a Johan Larsson but not as likely to reach that potential.

To get Jarnkrok, due to the position he plays and the lack of potential #1/2 centers in our pool, you guys would have to overpay and the only prospect I really like is Kreider but it looks like Kreider is having a very, very rough season in the AHL.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Well given that this is the 1st year that he has put up over 15 points I'd say quite a bit would have to be added. If we're talking prospects there's nobody I'd really want from the Rangers to be added to him. I just did a quick google search on Lindberg and to me he seems like a Johan Larsson but not as likely to reach that potential.

To get Jarnkrok, due to the position he plays and the lack of potential #1/2 centers in our pool, you guys would have to overpay and the only prospect I really like is Kreider but it looks like Kreider is having a very, very rough season in the AHL.
To be fair he also didn't have the luxury of playing with the best player in the entire league last year.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:27 AM
wingfan

There are 3 players I think the Wings see as key to their future moving forward. Jarnkrok, Ouellet, Sproul. The only way I see any of them moving is if we get a young, franchise dman(Doughty, Pietrangelo) or a top six forward of the same caliber, which isn't going to happen.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 11:49 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
To be fair he also didn't have the luxury of playing with the best player in the entire league last year.
He had the luxury of playing with Bud Holloway who is no slouch, he had 49 points last year and 71 points this year. While he may not have played with him last year, I don't watch the SEL, but one can only assume that Holloway is the straw that stirs the drink on Skelleftea.

If Holloway & Lindstrom leave and Lindberg continues to produce then we can consider him a top prospect. That's what Jarnkrok had to do this year, he lost the top scorer and the 3rd highest scorer on his team this year and put up a better P/G than he did last year. He did get Lindholm but he went cold for a solid month.

I'm not trying to put Lindberg down just show the different situations they were in this year.

Last edited by DatsyukToZetterberg: 03-18-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old
03-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
He had the luxury of playing with Bud Holloway who is not slouch, he had 49 points last year and 71 points this year. While he may not have played with him last year, I don't watch the SEL, but one can only assume that Holloway is the straw that stirs the drink on Skelleftea.

If Holloway & Lindstrom leave and Lindberg continues to produce then we can consider him a top prospect. That's what Jarnkrok had to do this year, he lost the top scorer and the 3rd highest scorer on his team this year and put up a better P/G than he did last year. He did get Lindholm but he went cold for a solid month.

I'm not trying to put Lindberg down just show the different situations they were in this year.
Made a small correction to your post.

He is going to have to prove it in NA, he is coming over as soon as the playoffs are done.
But that is a fair point about the the difference between the 2.
Fasth is coming over too, putting them on the same line will be fun to watch.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:17 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Made a small correction to your post.

He is going to have to prove it in NA, he is coming over as soon as the playoffs are done.
But that is a fair point about the the difference between the 2.
Fasth is coming over too, putting them on the same line will be fun to watch.
Yeah, most wings fans are hoping that Jarnkrok will come over after Brynas is elimianted. He may even get a shot at the NHL level at some point, similiar to what Sheahan got when he came out of college, he should be in the AHL for the long haul though as adding him to Grand Rapids has to make them the favorites, especially if Tatar & Nyquist are still down there.