HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla Trade Rumours Thread Part 1: Pit, Bos, La, Chi interested

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2013, 04:40 PM
  #401
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,791
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Out of sheer curiousity, what would it take for Iginla to put on a Jets jersey?
Something around Burmistrov + pick?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:16 PM
  #402
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
I'd do Khoko and Caron at this point.
Khokhlachev, Caron and a 1st? That's fair.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:19 PM
  #403
GoBs
Registered User
 
GoBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Khokhlachev, Caron and a 1st? That's fair.
No 1st. Khoko is our top prospect right now, and Caron is a roster player. That should be enough for a rental.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
  #404
Devonator
Registered User
 
Devonator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Darul Harbian
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Of course. We're not trading our captain and franchise player away for a bunch of "B-level" prospects who won't make an impact on our team. If that's the case then we'd rather just hang on to him.
And hang onto him you shall do if your management thinks they can get a type a level prospect....face it...your team missed the boat horribly by not trading Iggy a year or two ago..he is clearly declining and becoming a free agent in a few months, means his value for a trade is not that great...a late 1st and a mid level prospect is all you will get for him....of course that will not stop flame fans from deluding themselves but outside of your fan base, everyone views Iggys worth much lower...

Of course you guys could just hang onto him and get nothing for him when he walks in the summer....personally, that is what I am hoping for!!

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
  #405
flameaholic
Registered User
 
flameaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
And hang onto him you shall do if your management thinks they can get a type a level prospect....face it...your team missed the boat horribly by not trading Iggy a year or two ago..he is clearly declining and becoming a free agent in a few months, means his value for a trade is not that great...a late 1st and a mid level prospect is all you will get for him....of course that will not stop flame fans from deluding themselves but outside of your fan base, everyone views Iggys worth much lower...

Of course you guys could just hang onto him and get nothing for him when he walks in the summer....personally, that is what I am hoping for!!
And we would be perfectly content doing so.

End Thread/Iginla Trade Talk.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:21 PM
  #406
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
No 1st. Khoko is our top prospect right now, and Caron is a roster player. That should be enough for a rental.
Caron isn't really much more than a warm body. The Flames would need atleast a second coming back as well.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:23 PM
  #407
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Khokhlachev, Caron and a 1st? That's fair.
No chance.

No Koko
No Spooner

Calgary missed their chance to get a haul for Iginla, two years ago yes, but now they won't get much more than a 1st and so-so prospect

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:32 PM
  #408
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
No chance.

No Koko
No Spooner

Calgary missed their chance to get a haul for Iginla, two years ago yes, but now they won't get much more than a 1st and so-so prospect
What are you guys trading for?? Scott Gomez?? You can't expect to get quality for nothing... UNLESS you're the Maple Leafs trading with the Flames. Whats left of "Value" for prospects from Boston? If Koko and Spooner is not available.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
  #409
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
What are you guys trading for?? Scott Gomez?? You can't expect to get quality for nothing... UNLESS you're the Maple Leafs trading with the Flames. Whats left of "Value" for prospects from Boston? If Koko and Spooner is not available.
An aging rental whom would play less than 20 games for the team + playoffs. No team will be paying for Iginlas past production, they will pay for what he can bring now, in the present.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
  #410
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Something around Burmistrov + pick?
A second?

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:00 PM
  #411
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,806
vCash: 500
I sincerely hope CHI is not interested. Unless Iggy can play C I don't want to touch our first three lines, and Iggy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that'd be ok playing on the 4th

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:08 PM
  #412
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
An aging rental whom would play less than 20 games for the team + playoffs. No team will be paying for Iginlas past production, they will pay for what he can bring now, in the present.
So what he brings now is not worth Koko or Spooner +? I think everyone even the Flames management knows that their not going to get Koko + spooner + 1st + Horton or whatever. I'm looking for Koko++ significantly small +

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:15 PM
  #413
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hockey Purgatory
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
No chance.

No Koko
No Spooner

Calgary missed their chance to get a haul for Iginla, two years ago yes, but now they won't get much more than a 1st and so-so prospect
So Boston's first and one of Spooner or Koko them.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:20 PM
  #414
TwistedWrister90
Registered User
 
TwistedWrister90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I sincerely hope CHI is not interested. Unless Iggy can play C I don't want to touch our first three lines, and Iggy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that'd be ok playing on the 4th
Agreed. I like Iginla, but he doesn't really seem like a good fit right now. A center would do a lot more good

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:40 PM
  #415
Master Shake
Registered User
 
Master Shake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Never said there was the poster said he didn't think Shero would give more then a 2nd, I was asking what he was basing that on.
I said it and I meant it. We have almost zero chance of signing him unlike the Hossa deal where we had plenty of room. Cap goes down 6 million after this season.

if Pittsburgh trades for him its almost guaranteed that it will be strictly as a playoff rental. Giving up a top prospect and a 1st for him would be idiotic

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:01 PM
  #416
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,878
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
I said it and I meant it. We have almost zero chance of signing him unlike the Hossa deal where we had plenty of room. Cap goes down 6 million after this season.

if Pittsburgh trades for him its almost guaranteed that it will be strictly as a playoff rental. Giving up a top prospect and a 1st for him would be idiotic
With no major UFA's Pitts has over 10 million in cap space next year, mus be hard to fit him in

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:23 PM
  #417
Master Shake
Registered User
 
Master Shake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
With no major UFA's Pitts has over 10 million in cap space next year, mus be hard to fit him in
With a bunch of free agents and guys going into the last years of their deals. Letang for example will be in the last year of a 3.5 per year deal.

So yeah, it WILL be hard to fit him in

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:45 PM
  #418
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,878
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
With a bunch of free agents and guys going into the last years of their deals. Letang for example will be in the last year of a 3.5 per year deal.

So yeah, it WILL be hard to fit him in
No next year it won't be you are just looking for reasons to complain if you don't want him just say stop using ******** excuses.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:52 AM
  #419
Master Shake
Registered User
 
Master Shake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
No next year it won't be you are just looking for reasons to complain if you don't want him just say stop using ******** excuses.
If we sign him to a contract the following year, 2014-2015, we will be completely screwed on resigning Letang. We have half our team to resign the next couple of years. We have only like 4 guys under contract after 2 more seasons.

You cant just say "oh hey you have cap room for 2013-2014", you have to look BEYOND that too. Id MUCH rather have Letang than an aging Iginla.

That doesnt mean its impossible though but we would have to get let some guys leave.

The only way Id make a trade would be for a mid prospect and a 1st and Id have to be damn sure I could get a contract for 3 years.

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 03:48 AM
  #420
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
If we sign him to a contract the following year, 2014-2015, we will be completely screwed on resigning Letang. We have half our team to resign the next couple of years. We have only like 4 guys under contract after 2 more seasons.

You cant just say "oh hey you have cap room for 2013-2014", you have to look BEYOND that too. Id MUCH rather have Letang than an aging Iginla.

That doesnt mean its impossible though but we would have to get let some guys leave.

The only way Id make a trade would be for a mid prospect and a 1st and Id have to be damn sure I could get a contract for 3 years.
The teams make up in two years is totally going to change. Cheaper contracts, letting guys walk, all those tough decisions that happen. You fit a Iginla in and worry about bottom six forwards and probably good bit of cheaper contracts on defense take over.

Your worry is very much over the top.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:52 AM
  #421
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
If we sign him to a contract the following year, 2014-2015, we will be completely screwed on resigning Letang. We have half our team to resign the next couple of years. We have only like 4 guys under contract after 2 more seasons.

You cant just say "oh hey you have cap room for 2013-2014", you have to look BEYOND that too. Id MUCH rather have Letang than an aging Iginla.

That doesnt mean its impossible though but we would have to get let some guys leave.

The only way Id make a trade would be for a mid prospect and a 1st and Id have to be damn sure I could get a contract for 3 years.
Whether Iginla is a cap concern for Pittsburgh or not is all about length of deal and numbers. If it is - say - two/three years at 5 million, the only real complication is fear that the wheels fall off or injury, in which case it stays on the books as he is a 35+ player.
A cap-hit in that range, we can swing that. It has nothing to do with Letang or Malkin, other players would be cap casualties in such a scenario, and with revenue projections in mind, we are unlikely not to see the cap increase for 2015-16 where we'd otherwise have the challenges.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:41 AM
  #422
Mister Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
With no major UFA's Pitts has over 10 million in cap space next year, mus be hard to fit him in
Yes, it will. The 10 million is spoken for already. It's to sign Pascul and a bunch of players on the bottom six.

So unless Jarome will take 2 million, the Pens can not sign him. They would have to dump 5 million to sign Jarome. Whould that make the Pens better, NO.

I hate when people post things and have no clue what they are talking about and than make fun of posters who do.

I've said it so many times, Jarome has a huge value only to Flames fans, not to the rest of the NHL.

Mister Hockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:42 AM
  #423
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,126
vCash: 50

Iginla


1st round pick 2013
Jimmy Hayes
Conditional 2nd round pick 2014 (if Iginla resigns)

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:53 AM
  #424
99 steps
to the top
 
99 steps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: RV, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post

Iginla


1st round pick 2013
Jimmy Hayes
Conditional 2nd round pick 2014 (if Iginla resigns)
Just doesn't make sense for us. We need C depth; not another RW

99 steps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:34 AM
  #425
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,878
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
I said it and I meant it. We have almost zero chance of signing him unlike the Hossa deal where we had plenty of room. Cap goes down 6 million after this season.

if Pittsburgh trades for him its almost guaranteed that it will be strictly as a playoff rental. Giving up a top prospect and a 1st for him would be idiotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
If we sign him to a contract the following year, 2014-2015, we will be completely screwed on resigning Letang. We have half our team to resign the next couple of years. We have only like 4 guys under contract after 2 more seasons.

You cant just say "oh hey you have cap room for 2013-2014", you have to look BEYOND that too. Id MUCH rather have Letang than an aging Iginla.

That doesnt mean its impossible though but we would have to get let some guys leave.

The only way Id make a trade would be for a mid prospect and a 1st and Id have to be damn sure I could get a contract for 3 years.
You said there is no way you could re-sign him clearly that is wrong and on top of that the year after you have 40 million in cap space but you do have to sign Letang, Malkin, Sutter, Kunitz(if he is re-signed).

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.