HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla Trade Rumours Thread Part 1: Pit, Bos, La, Chi interested

Old
03-17-2013, 04:40 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Out of sheer curiousity, what would it take for Iginla to put on a Jets jersey?
Something around Burmistrov + pick?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Some Other Flame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
I'd do Khoko and Caron at this point.
Khokhlachev, Caron and a 1st? That's fair.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:19 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
No 1st. Khoko is our top prospect right now, and Caron is a roster player. That should be enough for a rental.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Of course. We're not trading our captain and franchise player away for a bunch of "B-level" prospects who won't make an impact on our team. If that's the case then we'd rather just hang on to him.
And hang onto him you shall do if your management thinks they can get a type a level prospect....face it...your team missed the boat horribly by not trading Iggy a year or two ago..he is clearly declining and becoming a free agent in a few months, means his value for a trade is not that great...a late 1st and a mid level prospect is all you will get for him....of course that will not stop flame fans from deluding themselves but outside of your fan base, everyone views Iggys worth much lower...

Of course you guys could just hang onto him and get nothing for him when he walks in the summer....personally, that is what I am hoping for!!

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
And hang onto him you shall do if your management thinks they can get a type a level prospect....face it...your team missed the boat horribly by not trading Iggy a year or two ago..he is clearly declining and becoming a free agent in a few months, means his value for a trade is not that great...a late 1st and a mid level prospect is all you will get for him....of course that will not stop flame fans from deluding themselves but outside of your fan base, everyone views Iggys worth much lower...

Of course you guys could just hang onto him and get nothing for him when he walks in the summer....personally, that is what I am hoping for!!
And we would be perfectly content doing so.

End Thread/Iginla Trade Talk.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Noori

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
No 1st. Khoko is our top prospect right now, and Caron is a roster player. That should be enough for a rental.
Caron isn't really much more than a warm body. The Flames would need atleast a second coming back as well.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
No chance.

No Koko
No Spooner

Calgary missed their chance to get a haul for Iginla, two years ago yes, but now they won't get much more than a 1st and so-so prospect

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
No chance.

No Koko
No Spooner

Calgary missed their chance to get a haul for Iginla, two years ago yes, but now they won't get much more than a 1st and so-so prospect
What are you guys trading for?? Scott Gomez?? You can't expect to get quality for nothing... UNLESS you're the Maple Leafs trading with the Flames. Whats left of "Value" for prospects from Boston? If Koko and Spooner is not available.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
What are you guys trading for?? Scott Gomez?? You can't expect to get quality for nothing... UNLESS you're the Maple Leafs trading with the Flames. Whats left of "Value" for prospects from Boston? If Koko and Spooner is not available.
An aging rental whom would play less than 20 games for the team + playoffs. No team will be paying for Iginlas past production, they will pay for what he can bring now, in the present.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Something around Burmistrov + pick?
A second?

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:00 PM
zytz
lumberjack

I sincerely hope CHI is not interested. Unless Iggy can play C I don't want to touch our first three lines, and Iggy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that'd be ok playing on the 4th

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
An aging rental whom would play less than 20 games for the team + playoffs. No team will be paying for Iginlas past production, they will pay for what he can bring now, in the present.
So what he brings now is not worth Koko or Spooner +? I think everyone even the Flames management knows that their not going to get Koko + spooner + 1st + Horton or whatever. I'm looking for Koko++ significantly small +

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:15 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
No chance.

No Koko
No Spooner

So Boston's first and one of Spooner or Koko them.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:20 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I sincerely hope CHI is not interested. Unless Iggy can play C I don't want to touch our first three lines, and Iggy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that'd be ok playing on the 4th
Agreed. I like Iginla, but he doesn't really seem like a good fit right now. A center would do a lot more good

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Master Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Never said there was the poster said he didn't think Shero would give more then a 2nd, I was asking what he was basing that on.
I said it and I meant it. We have almost zero chance of signing him unlike the Hossa deal where we had plenty of room. Cap goes down 6 million after this season.

if Pittsburgh trades for him its almost guaranteed that it will be strictly as a playoff rental. Giving up a top prospect and a 1st for him would be idiotic

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:01 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
I said it and I meant it. We have almost zero chance of signing him unlike the Hossa deal where we had plenty of room. Cap goes down 6 million after this season.

if Pittsburgh trades for him its almost guaranteed that it will be strictly as a playoff rental. Giving up a top prospect and a 1st for him would be idiotic
With no major UFA's Pitts has over 10 million in cap space next year, mus be hard to fit him in

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Master Shake

Quote:
With no major UFA's Pitts has over 10 million in cap space next year, mus be hard to fit him in
With a bunch of free agents and guys going into the last years of their deals. Letang for example will be in the last year of a 3.5 per year deal.

So yeah, it WILL be hard to fit him in

Old
03-17-2013, 11:45 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
With a bunch of free agents and guys going into the last years of their deals. Letang for example will be in the last year of a 3.5 per year deal.

So yeah, it WILL be hard to fit him in
No next year it won't be you are just looking for reasons to complain if you don't want him just say stop using ******** excuses.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Master Shake

Quote:
No next year it won't be you are just looking for reasons to complain if you don't want him just say stop using ******** excuses.
If we sign him to a contract the following year, 2014-2015, we will be completely screwed on resigning Letang. We have half our team to resign the next couple of years. We have only like 4 guys under contract after 2 more seasons.

You cant just say "oh hey you have cap room for 2013-2014", you have to look BEYOND that too. Id MUCH rather have Letang than an aging Iginla.

That doesnt mean its impossible though but we would have to get let some guys leave.

The only way Id make a trade would be for a mid prospect and a 1st and Id have to be damn sure I could get a contract for 3 years.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:48 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
If we sign him to a contract the following year, 2014-2015, we will be completely screwed on resigning Letang. We have half our team to resign the next couple of years. We have only like 4 guys under contract after 2 more seasons.

You cant just say "oh hey you have cap room for 2013-2014", you have to look BEYOND that too. Id MUCH rather have Letang than an aging Iginla.

That doesnt mean its impossible though but we would have to get let some guys leave.

The only way Id make a trade would be for a mid prospect and a 1st and Id have to be damn sure I could get a contract for 3 years.
The teams make up in two years is totally going to change. Cheaper contracts, letting guys walk, all those tough decisions that happen. You fit a Iginla in and worry about bottom six forwards and probably good bit of cheaper contracts on defense take over.

Your worry is very much over the top.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 04:52 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:

Whether Iginla is a cap concern for Pittsburgh or not is all about length of deal and numbers. If it is - say - two/three years at 5 million, the only real complication is fear that the wheels fall off or injury, in which case it stays on the books as he is a 35+ player.
A cap-hit in that range, we can swing that. It has nothing to do with Letang or Malkin, other players would be cap casualties in such a scenario, and with revenue projections in mind, we are unlikely not to see the cap increase for 2015-16 where we'd otherwise have the challenges.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:41 AM
Mister Hockey

Quote:
Yes, it will. The 10 million is spoken for already. It's to sign Pascul and a bunch of players on the bottom six.

So unless Jarome will take 2 million, the Pens can not sign him. They would have to dump 5 million to sign Jarome. Whould that make the Pens better, NO.

I hate when people post things and have no clue what they are talking about and than make fun of posters who do.

I've said it so many times, Jarome has a huge value only to Flames fans, not to the rest of the NHL.

Mister Hockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:42 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50

Iginla

1st round pick 2013
Jimmy Hayes
Conditional 2nd round pick 2014 (if Iginla resigns)

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:53 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post

Iginla

1st round pick 2013
Jimmy Hayes
Conditional 2nd round pick 2014 (if Iginla resigns)
Just doesn't make sense for us. We need C depth; not another RW

99 steps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:34 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Quote:

You said there is no way you could re-sign him clearly that is wrong and on top of that the year after you have 40 million in cap space but you do have to sign Letang, Malkin, Sutter, Kunitz(if he is re-signed).