HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Silfverberg so far?

Old
03-13-2013, 10:19 PM
SammyTheBull

vCash: 500
Seems to have some chemistry with Zbad I'd like to see Mustache keep them together for a few more games.

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:38 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitch89 View Post
Anyone else really seeing some noticeable speed increases from Silf?
Yes, seems to be much more in contention for races to the puck

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Silfverberg has looked real good his last few games. Also Silfverberg and Zibanejad seem to have some pretty unreal chemistry. Might be a flash in the pan but definitely worth exploring. Always seem to find eachother on the ice.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:57 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Silfverberg has been FLYING out there. I am literally shocked, I have no idea where this speed came from. It's not just his speed it's his sudden acceleration and footspeed that he's been lacking for most of his hockey career.

I'm unbelievably impressed at how quickly he is addressing it.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:58 PM
derriko

Steroids.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Senscore
The Superior B-Side

Red Bull

Senscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:04 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

He's looked better recently. Won't be too much longer and the goals will start coming. He's got the tools to be a 25G-30G scorer in the league. Loved how he changed it up in the SO.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:53 AM
playasRus

Seems to enter the zone on the wing a lot and get rubbed off the puck almost every time he carries it in I find.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:17 AM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

I like that he protects our net after whistles if needed to and not afraid to mouth off with the opposition, done it a couple of times these past games.

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Alfie-lite .. which is not a bad thing. With Zibanejad will create 2/3rds of a great shutdown line with scoring threat.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
I like that he protects our net after whistles if needed to and not afraid to mouth off with the opposition, done it a couple of times these past games.
Yep...he plays with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He's not like Marchand, but he'll get in your face if he thinks you've wrong his teammates and he'll battle hard for the puck.

I like the competitive spirit. But if you watched him last year you already knew how competitive and talented he is. People keep calling him Alfie-lite...but you gotta look at the circumstances too...Silfverberg still has a lot of room to grow. Alfie wasn't even a ppg player in the SEL at Silfverberg's current age and they both are the type that just keep on improving.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:54 PM
18Hossa

Wicked game tonight with two goals So glad I got his jersey.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

I'm pretty sure the Sens will tell him to get a permanent place pretty soon.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Silfverberg has looked real good his last few games. Also Silfverberg and Zibanejad seem to have some pretty unreal chemistry. Might be a flash in the pan but definitely worth exploring. Always seem to find eachother on the ice.
I'm hoping one day we can maybe add Petersson to that line. Z-bad creates a ton of space on the ice and would allow Silf and Pete to work some magic. If I remember correctly this line was also used in Bingo at the beginning of the year?

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
I'm pretty sure the Sens will tell him to get a permanent place pretty soon.
They tried to tell that to him last year

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:51 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
I'm hoping one day we can maybe add Petersson to that line. Z-bad creates a ton of space on the ice and would allow Silf and Pete to work some magic. If I remember correctly this line was also used in Bingo at the beginning of the year?
Lehner, Karlsson, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Petersson = the Swedish 5

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:53 PM
jordan7hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Petersson is done as a prospect for Ottawa. Probably for the NHL.

He didn't take advantage of the opportunities over the last couple years in the AHL and as a result wasn't able to take advantage of the one he would have had this year in the NHL. C'est la vie. Most prospects bust.

jordan7hm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:54 PM
JaredCowenFan
The Next Bergeron

Beautiful Super Swede! He definetly has a load of potential. His shot is just a lazer, and he thinks real smart when playing. Great, great find in the 2nd round. I knew more about/had more hype for Zibanejad and Stone over him but boy was I wrong, he's probably the leader of them all. We sure do have a bounty of talent in the Nation's Capital. I'm so excited for the future, let alone excited now!

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

I don't know if Alfie-lite is the right description...I don't think it respects this guy's potential.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:23 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Was sitting right behind the away goal. Got a real up close look at this guys shot. Pretty sure I saw vapor trails.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:30 PM
HockeySens

Quote:
I don't know if Alfie-lite is the right description...I don't think it respects this guy's potential.
imo his shot is at least as good as alfies, but I would say better and he is like 2 inches taller if he can improve that acceleration and when he learns how to make space for himself he can put more goals than alfie

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:34 PM
18Hossa

http://senators.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=34543 He has got to be the least photogenic player ever lol.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Alf Silfversson

Quote:
Absolutely!!

Alfie = Silfverberg-lite.

Seriously though I don't think calling a player Alfie-lite is in any way disparaging. I mean if this kid goes on to get 700 NHL points and captain the Sens for 4 or 5 years, he'd be Alfie-ultra-lite.

Predicting anything more than that is pretty crazy for a guy with 10 points in his first 29 NHL games. He's gonna keep getting better and he's shown signs of being a fantastic player. Here's hoping he outshines Alfie as a Sen.

One thing I can say with certainty. Without being bitten by a radioactive spider there's no way that Silf is anywhere as explosive a skater as Alfie was as a 22-23 year old rookie. That lack of explosive, strong skating is really the main limiting factor on Silf's upside.

Alf Silfversson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
imo his shot is at least as good as alfies, but I would say better and he is like 2 inches taller if he can improve that acceleration and when he learns how to make space for himself he can put more goals than alfie
His shot is the best on the team hands down...maybe one of the best in the entire NHL. His speed has been noticeably better since he started playing in Ottawa, and he's starting to adapt to the NA game. The sky is the limit for this guy...he just seems to have that dedication to hard work that most of the best players have. Silfverberg is a better natural goal scorer than Alfredsson...I think that he can be a better player, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Silfversson View Post
Absolutely!!

Alfie = Silfverberg-lite.

Seriously though I don't think calling a player Alfie-lite is in any way disparaging. I mean if this kid goes on to get 700 NHL points and captain the Sens for 4 or 5 years, he'd be Alfie-ultra-lite.

Predicting anything more than that is pretty crazy for a guy with 10 points in his first 29 NHL games. He's gonna keep getting better and he's shown signs of being a fantastic player. Here's hoping he outshines Alfie as a Sen.

One thing I can say with certainty. Without being bitten by a radioactive spider there's no way that Silf is anywhere as explosive a skater as Alfie was as a 22-23 year old rookie. That lack of explosive, strong skating is really the main limiting factor on Silf's upside.
He might not have the explosive skating, but he's fast enough and his shot is miles better than Alfredsson's (which is saying a lot). On top of which he has the intelligence and dedication to become better. He has 10 points in his first 29 NHL games sure...but he was thrown into a trial by fire and 4 of Ottawa's top players including the best offensive players have been injured. He's also a year younger than Alfredsson was when Alfie came over.

I'm not saying that calling him Alfie-lite is an insult or anything, but Silfverberg is better at the same age than Alfredsson was and shows no signs of stopping his development here.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:47 PM
ozgoode

If Silfverberg gets anywhere even close to Alfie's production over his career, it will be amazing. Alfie is very close to being a Hall of Famer, practically a point a game career player. Players like Alfie are very, very rare and I think its actually a bit unfair to Silf to make those kinds of comparisons at this stage. Still, we can dream.

Last edited by ozgoode: 03-18-2013 at 07:42 AM.
ozgoode is offline   Reply With Quote