Notices

New Toys on the Way

Old
03-17-2013, 06:59 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
New Toys on the Way

The trade deadline is two weeks away and Boston's or someone else's future is going to be on display pretty soon.

Alexander Fallstrom played in Providence today, and Alexander Khokhlachev according to a tweet from Jim Parker (in Providence thread here) is going to be at practice Tuesday in Providence- so should Jared Knight who is feeling fine and has been skating and hopes to be back soon. Anthony Camara was recently signed and the comparisons atleast talent wise to Steve Ott have begun (glad to read that, just hope he is tough agitator and not **** head agitator)- hope after the OHL playoffs get done he's there.

And of course we are waiting on Carl Soderberg's playoffs to end- if they ever do (and of course Chia has to sign him)

we may even get to see Spooner next week playing for Boston- first star today, told best player on ice last night even though got third star....when he physically matures and puts his mind to it look out (remember Marchand's 1 assist in 20 games, and Krejci 1 goal in 27, I dont expect that but be patient with him because whoever has him at 23- 24 if not sooner is going to be one happy team)

A lot of our future will be on display- or if they are traded we get to see them atleast for a week or two

which reminds me....two part question

Would you trade Ryan Spooner even up for Jerome Iginla

and for those who answer yes and I assume its most if not all

you will not complain one bit if he is a perenial 25/65 point player or more year after year and Iginla may have played a dozen regular season games and a Cup series.

I'd rather look long term but I'm going to be fascinated if they move this kid or others for a one year shot at the Cup.

Last edited by DKH: 03-17-2013 at 07:06 PM.
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:03 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
The trade deadline is two weeks away and Boston's or someone else's future is going to be on display pretty soon.

Alexander Fallstrom played in Providence today, and Alexander Khokhlachev according to a tweet from Jim Parker (in Providence thread here) is going to be at practice Tuesday- so should Jared Knight who has been skating and hopes to be back soon. Anthony Camara was recently signed and the comparisons atleast talent wise to Steve Ott have begun (glad to read that, just hope he is tough agitator and not **** head agitator)- hope after the OHL playoffs get done he's here.

And of course we are waiting on Carl Soderberg's playoffs to end- if they ever do (and of course Chia has to sign him)

we may even get to see Spooner next week- first star today, told best player on ice last night even though got third star....when he physically matures and puts to his mind to it look out (remember Marchand's 1 assist in 20 games, and Krejci 1 goal in 27, I dont expect that but be patient with him because whoever has him at about 24 is going to be one happy team)

A lot of our future will be on display- or if they are traded we get to see them atleast for a week or two

you will not complain one bit if he is a perenial 25/65 point player or more year after year and Iginla may have played a dozen regular season games and a Cup series.

I'd rather look long term but I'm going to be fascinated if they move this kid or others for a one year shot at the Cup.

No no no no no. You are trading potentiel top 6 forward for a 35 year old rental , who we have no idea how he fits in and how much he has left in the tank.

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Is your trade Rask avatar serious?

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Suck, suck, suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
That poster's initials are TT

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Ratty

I'm hoping PC takes the BC approach to team building: protect and nourish your top prospects; don't deal them away for one year, or, in this case, 2 1/2 month rentals.

Sure, Jarome, even with his diminishing skills, would add a ot to the playoff lineup. But I believe that Spooner, in particular, is something special. And, too a lesser extent, Kokhlachev, has the makings of a sniper we have all been craving.

I believe that this team, with the additions of Spooner and Soderberg, can fortify the roster for this year's Cup run, and beyond.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:30 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
no,it was to rile a couple of posters out. I should change it back

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

I am not a fan of overpaying for rentals. Teams don't really deal star players at the deadline anymore it seems anyway, it's mostly adding depth.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:37 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:

Alexander Fallstrom played in Providence today, and Alexander Khokhlachev according to a tweet from Jim Parker (in Providence thread here) is going to be at practice Tuesday in Providence- so should Jared Knight who is feeling fine and has been skating and hopes to be back soon. Anthony Camara was recently signed and the comparisons atleast talent wise to Steve Ott have begun (glad to read that, just hope he is tough agitator and not **** head agitator)- hope after the OHL playoffs get done he's there.

we may even get to see Spooner next week playing for Boston- first star today, told best player on ice last night even though got third star....when he physically matures and puts his mind to it look out (remember Marchand's 1 assist in 20 games, and Krejci 1 goal in 27, I dont expect that but be patient with him because whoever has him at 23- 24 if not sooner is going to be one happy team)

You suggest trading a guy like Sponner for a rental.maybe Caron and pick but never kid with Spooners talents.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:38 PM
GoBs

Quote:

You have to make that trade every time. Unless you don't think we have a chance to win the cup NOW.

Besides Pitt, Chi, LA or wherever else Iggy decides to go to would match that offer easily.

Last edited by GoBs: 03-17-2013 at 07:44 PM.
GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:38 PM
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoons View Post
No no no no no. You are trading potentiel top 6 forward for a 35 year old rental , who we have no idea how he fits in and how much he has left in the tank.
^ Agree

MioneRask134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:57 PM
hockeybpr25

most would trade spooner for iginla? LOL, no thanks!

hockeybpr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Strafer

I'd rather be in contention for ten cups rather than just a one and done and maybe have enough in the tank and on the farm for another run next year. You can't keep paying every guy on the roster between 4-6 million. A good team has a mixture of various payscale and players. Even if we got Perry and Iggy it doesn't mean that we're a shoe in and furthermore chances are we can't afford to keep them and our present core. We need to move a few bodies this summer and bring up a few and do that ever couple of years to keep things fresh. I don't mind trading secondary talent for some depth but not at the detriment of the future. Trade picks before any of the present home grown talent.

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:09 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

Spooner for Iginla? No thank you. The Bruins are going to need Spooner in the lineup next year to fit under the cap.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:18 PM
westernhome

if we get iginla it should be only if he will also play here and sign for next year too for maybe 4 or 4.5

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:20 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
Spooner for Iginla? No thank you. The Bruins are going to need Spooner in the lineup next year to fit under the cap.
Excellent point plus he should be in another 8 months with a good summer of strength & conditioning of stepping in for Bergeron or Krejci if they catch a Boychuk shot in the knee. Also Bergeron a UFA but can't see this guy getting away

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:25 PM
C77

Can we do this again?

"B's acquire Seidenberg, Bartkowski from Florida in exchange for Bitz, Weller and 2nd Round Pick."

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

If this team could get someone like Clowe for cheap it would be good

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
^^
This, he looks as though he needs a change of scenery and the B's would probably be just the change. He's a tough winger with attitude and experience .

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:57 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 28%

Lashoff for a rental with nothing left? No thanks!

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
That's where I'd go. We need our young guys to keep us under the cap going forward. Iginla guarantees squat. I'll probably get DKH mad for saying this. But, the 88 Sox desperately needed bullpen help. Larry Anderson helped for a few weeks and they gave up Jeff Bagwell. If we got Clowe, optimistically we could have this line-up in the playoffs.

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Soderberg - Peverly - Clowe
Kelly - Campbell - Paille (That's a damn good defensive line and could play against any line.)
Thornton

I have Spooner taking a center spot next year with Peverly helping him at RW. Kelly being dealt to clear up space to sign
Rask and a F to play with Krejci and Lucic. Koko, Camara and Knight in Providence preparing to break in the 2014/15 line-up. Camara and Knight as 4th line energy/crashers. Koko. Who knows>? I'd like to keep my prospects and 1st. Trade for Clowe.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:12 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
That's where I'd go. We need our young guys to keep us under the cap going forward. Iginla guarantees squat. I'll probably get DKH mad for saying this. But, the 88 Sox desperately needed bullpen help. Larry Anderson helped for a few weeks and they gave up Jeff Bagwell. If we got Clowe, optimistically we could have this line-up in the playoffs.

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Soderberg - Peverly - Clowe
Kelly - Campbell - Paille (That's a damn good defensive line and could play against any line.)
Thornton

I have Spooner taking a center spot next year with Peverly helping him at RW. Kelly being dealt to clear up space to sign
Rask and a F to play with Krejci and Lucic. Koko, Camara and Knight in Providence preparing to break in the 2014/15 line-up. Camara and Knight as 4th line energy/crashers. Koko. Who knows>? I'd like to keep my prospects and 1st. Trade for Clowe.
I do something like this.

Teams a contender there's no reason to add a good third liner and roll with a team that deep that you have a Kelly-Campbell-Paille 4th line.

Our GM screwed us last year and didn't replace Ryder or Kaberle....and then added zero at the deadline (Mottau Rolston and Zanon blew.) The Cup was there for the taking and PC didn't do what it took to add a decent player to a deep team and thats probably the difference in that Washington series.

Soderberg and Clowe added to the team would make us a force.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Trading for Iginla aside, they would seriously regret trading Spooner a year or two from now for any rental.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Gotta love everyone slamming Chia for not making moves but then being unwilling to trade dime a dozen prospects like Spooner for a high-end rental.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:00 PM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
Gotta love everyone slamming Chia for not making moves but then being unwilling to trade dime a dozen prospects like Spooner for a high-end rental.
exactly...people expect us to go out and land a top 6 forward for caron, sauve and a 3rd...people need to realize that its a sellers market so prices will be inflated...do people really think chicago, pitts and other teams will really not beat out an offer that includes scrubs like caron and sauve? spooner may or may not become a solid nhler but i have no doubt iginla would make the bruins ever so more dangerous than they currently are with pandolfo in the top 9

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote