HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Rumor was an offer of 80m/10 years from what I recall. However, I think that offer was early in the season, before he got hurt that year.
The offer was made by a different management team than is there now.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:02 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Mike Richards pretty much had to be moved by Holmgren(along with Jeff Carter) because of locker room dissension between him and Chris Pronger which was dividing the team.

That turned out to be an unbelievably terrific deal for the Flyers as they ended up with Voracek(13g,19 assists), Symmonds(11 g,10 assists) and Schenn(9g,12 assists) who are all much younger and way more productive than Richards and Carter!

Sather would wet his pants for a deal like that!
Younger and better players! Yay! NHL 13 mentality (no offense)!

Those 2 "cancers" went on to win the cup together the very season after they were dealt.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:05 PM
SML

Quote:
Mike Richards pretty much had to be moved by Holmgren(along with Jeff Carter) because of locker room dissension between him and Chris Pronger which was dividing the team.

That turned out to be an unbelievably terrific deal for the Flyers as they ended up with Voracek(13g,19 assists), Symmonds(11 g,10 assists) and Schenn(9g,12 assists) who are all much younger and way more productive than Richards and Carter!

LOL. Terrific deal? The two guys he HAD to move are both wearing Stanley Cup rings, the guy he turned the reigns of the team over to is probably never going to play again and his team with it's way more productive guys will probably miss the playoffs. But three young guys>>>>>>>>>a Stanley Cup on HFBoards.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:08 PM
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
http://hockeytraderumors.com/bruce-g...rumor-roundup/

id love Evander Kane on NYR but doubt he gets traded.
I'd worry about his ego in NYC.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:20 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Younger and better players! Yay! NHL 13 mentality (no offense)!

Those 2 "cancers" went on to win the cup together the very season after they were dealt.

Seriously....is Philly closer to the cup after that trade? The best part of last years cup for the Kings was Richie and Carter passing the cup to each other after getting traded to different teams. The hockey Gods clearly intervened.

03-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Dorado*

And Carter is lighting it up

Old
03-17-2013, 09:42 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:

Terrific deal for the Flyers? How'd they do compared to LA last year? How are they doing compared to LA this year?

Jeff Carter has 17 goals this year...Mike Richards has 18 points. The idea that they are "old" at age 28, or 27 when they were traded, is ridiculous.

I don't see the brothers Schenn leading the Flyers to the finals any time soon.

People value youth a little too much. Remember last year all the Cotourier is amazing he shut down Malkin talk? and he's been awful this season. Tyler Myers, Cam Fowler, and Nugent-Hopkins have also fell back to earth quite a bit. Look at Krieder in the playoffs last year and now. Not saying these guys aren't/will not be solid at the NHL level still.... But I think there is a tendency to act like whenever an 18-23 year old plays well to assume they are on the track to guaranteed stardom and guaranteed consistent success, when that is far from the case.

There is a lot to be said for an established, consistent young veteran player like Ryan Callahan or Mike Richards. Those guys bring it every night and bring a lot even when they aren't scoring....that sure can't be said for Coutourier or Voracek, at least not yet.

Last edited by IHeartZherdev*: 03-17-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old
03-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by highandwide View Post
I'd worry about his ego in NYC.
I'm wondering if the team that was worried about Murray's conditioning is the Rangers. Makes sense.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Terrific deal for the Flyers? How'd they do compared to LA last year? How are they doing compared to LA this year?

Jeff Carter has 17 goals this year...Mike Richards has 18 points. The idea that they are "old" at age 28, or 27 when they were traded, is ridiculous.

I don't see the brothers Schenn leading the Flyers to the finals any time soon.
B Schenn is having a decent year on a bad team ( feels weird saying that as a NYR fan )

Old
03-17-2013, 09:56 PM
dethomas07

Carter and richards we're the guys in Philly.. it was there team... IN LA they were the added pieces to compliment Dustin brown and Kopitars team.. so much different environment.. Less pressure and I am glad bc playing both of them when they were in philly was hell.. At least Dubi always ****ed up richards in fights.. but if philly ever gets smart and adds a defense to go with that offense, we;re in trouble!!

Old
03-17-2013, 10:03 PM
IHeartZherdev*

the Flyers roster is in a bad spot where yes, they having solid young guys but their young guys like B Schenn and Coutouter are a couple years away from their primes and their vets (Kimmo, Briere, Gagne, Knuble, Fedatenko) are well past their primes. Along with a terrible D.

I think where you want your team to be is getting solid contributions from older vets, youth, as well as guys in their prime. Usually teams that win or make deep runs have a roster with a good mix and balance of that. Kings, Rangers, Devils all had that mix last year for sure.

Right now - that Flyers roster couldn't be way more out of whack.

They'd be served by getting rid of Briere, Hartnell, Timonnen, and those old guys and building up instead of trying all the veteran band aids

Old
03-17-2013, 10:05 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
Carter and richards we're the guys in Philly.. it was there team... IN LA they were the added pieces to compliment Dustin brown and Kopitars team.. so much different environment..
When it was "their team" in Philly they got to game 6 of the cup finals with Michael Leighton as their goalie. It's not like they were bad as "the guys"

Old
03-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
When it was "their team" in Philly they got to game 6 of the cup finals with Michael Leighton as their goalie. It's not like they were bad as "the guys"
Chris Pronger was their guy. They probably have a 1st round exit without him.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
I was under the impression that Pronger got in lavis and the GMs ear and divided the room .Richards and Carrter were party boys but what single millionaire athlete isn't . Bad move by Philly . I wanted Carter last year , guy has one of best wrist shots in the game and when healthy can score and when motivated can play defense also

Old
03-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I was under the impression that Pronger got in lavis and the GMs ear and divided the room .Richards and Carrter were party boys but what single millionaire athlete isn't . Bad move by Philly . I wanted Carter last year , guy has one of best wrist shots in the game and when healthy can score and when motivated can play defense also
I wanted him too.... I was told here that he didn't care about winning....

He'd be the best scorer on the team. Probably 2nd best skater on the team.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Dorado*

No knock on Prongers skill or resume but he was a lot like Messier where he wanted the room and if he didnt like you your out

Old
03-17-2013, 10:30 PM
dethomas07

Carter and richards was their offense, thats what I was meaning when they were the guys.. WHo cares this is about rangers and improving our team.. **** the fylers.. lets get back on topic hahaha

Old
03-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:

"Unbelievably teriffic"? What? All three of those players were sitting on their couches watching Carter and Richards passing the Cup to each other. Ask Flyers fans who's season they'd rather be having right now: theirs or LA's.

If that type of trade - say Cally & Gaborik - and result had happened here, we would be MURDERING Sather - and so would you.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i would trade Gaborik+ for Kane.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:48 PM
IHeartZherdev*

As far as the Gaborik thing goes - one thing I don't get is the whole idea of a 1st / prospect / roster player for Gaborik.

That really won't help the Rangers at all.

First - LeBrun, Custance, Gross - the reports have said rangers are looking for a top 4 d-man and better secondary scoring and depth players. The Rangers don't have to "mortgage the future" in a deal which is the benefit of moving Gaborik, as they aren't giving up on their young players or prospects.

That said, they are stacked as far and youth and young players go (Miller, MDZ, McD, Miller, Kreider, etc) so it's not like it's a major need for them to go out and get another prospect. Getting a pick, prospect, and something else and losing Gaborik would only hurt them this year and next, when they have a realistic window to contend. Richards, Lunqvuist, etc aren't getting any younger what is a pick or prospect going to do for their window?

A Gaborik deal only makes sense if it gets them a few solid roster players to balance out their team. They can't resign Gaborik anyway with Girardi and Callahan due new deals.

Looking at recent cup teams, 3rd liners and depth players were a huge part, the Dave Bolland, Chris Kelly, Rich Peverly, Jarrett Stoll, etc type of players getting important minutes and contributing. If the Rangers lost Gaborik and got players of that quality and a solid 4th defensmen, that may not sound like great value for a player of Gaborik's caliber, but it could be.

Obviously - not saying Gabby straight up for 2 players like the ones I listed. I'm sure a deal involving Gaborik would hopefully net players like that along with someone more skilled who could provide some secondary scoring.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
i would trade Gaborik+ for Kane.
so would I, but why would WPG want Gaborik for Kane?

Old
03-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Lundsanity30

I honestly would rather keep what we have, and add to it with Horton (he would be my #1 target in the off season) and see what kind of team we could have next year. This year is not a "lost year" by any means, but its gonna be very very difficult to win a cup regardless of any trade we make.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:19 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Ranger fans will hate this but if you could trade Gaborik to the Coyotes and get back Vermette, Klesla, Korpikoski and a pick - isn't that a good deal?

I know it sounds terrible given the type of player Gaborik is...but you get a solid top 4 defensmen who is certainly better than Stralman/Bickel/Eminger/Gilroy and can eat minutes, you get the utility/2-way/depth/secondary scoring you lack guy in Vermette, along with another guy in Korpikoski who can chip in.

None of these guys are close to as good as Gaborik even put together, but plugging these types of players into the roster is what I think would help the team. You'd still have Nash/Hagelin/Richards/Stepan/Callahan (and maybe Kriedier and Miller) providing plenty of skill

Old
03-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Ranger fans will hate this but if you could trade Gaborik to the Coyotes and get back Vermette, Klesla, Korpikoski and a pick - isn't that a good deal?

I know it sounds terrible given the type of player Gaborik is...but you get a solid top 4 defensmen who is certainly better than Stralman/Bickel/Eminger/Gilroy and can eat minutes, you get the utility/2-way/depth/secondary scoring you lack guy in Vermette, along with another guy in Korpikoski who can chip in.

None of these guys are close to as good as Gaborik even put together, but plugging these types of players into the roster is what I think would help the team. You'd still have Nash/Hagelin/Richards/Stepan/Callahan (and maybe Kriedier and Miller) providing plenty of skill
Why not just bring Kreider up and see what we have, and then revisit trading Gaborik in the off season, or we can just keep him and bring in some depth in the off season. I mentioned a guy like Horton would be great.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Nash (7,800,000), Richards (6,666,667), Gaborik (7,500,000)
Hagelin (2,500,000), Stepan (3,000,000), Horton (5,000,000)
Kreider (1,325,000), Miller (1,244,167), Callahan (4,275,000)
Asham (1,000,000), Boyle (1,700,000), Powe (1,067,667)

Mcdonagh (4,000,000)- Girardi (3,325,000)
Staal (3,975,000), Stralman (1,7000,000)
Del Zotto (2,550,000) - Sauer (1,250,000)
Hank (6,875,000)
Biron (1,300,000)

This puts us about 2.5M over the cap, but there could be some trades (IE Boyle,Pyatt) that could help get to the cap. Unless people think 4M for Mcdonagh, 3M for Stepan, and 2.5M for Hags are too low? I figured Mcdonagh would get the longer term contract, but if not he might be around what PK Subban got, and I think stepan and Hags are about right.

Closed Thread