HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Tadite

vCash: 500
It's insane to keep pretending that we're even thinking of trading Bernier.

I don't think we're going to trade anyone. All we need to do is what for reinforcements from IR.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:45 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Anyone know why we keep Richie around when it's clear that DS has no intention of ever playing him again (or it seems)??? Wouldn't we be better off trading or waiving Richie and pickup someone else via trade or claim from waiver that DS will actually consider playing?

Old
03-17-2013, 01:48 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Anyone know why we keep Richie around when it's clear that DS has no intention of ever playing him again (or it seems)??? Wouldn't we be better off trading or waiving Richie and pickup someone else via trade or claim from waiver that DS will actually consider playing?
Because he is the best option for fitting in to the system if a forward goes down anytime soon (compressed schedule and all).

Old
03-17-2013, 01:52 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Because he is the best option for fitting in to the system if a forward goes down anytime soon (compressed schedule and all).
If he's the best fitting, then why did Toffoli get the start?

Old
03-17-2013, 01:55 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Bouwmeester isn't what this team needs. We don't need another soft dman. We need someone physical, that plays with some edge but maintains discipline.

Doughty is probably our most physical dman, and that's saying something.
I think we are going to have to hope that Greene really is ahead of schedule. I don't think there is a physical defenseman to be had in a trade that wouldn't open a gaping hole somewhere else.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:01 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I think we are going to have to hope that Greene really is ahead of schedule. I don't think there is a physical defenseman to be had in a trade that wouldn't open a gaping hole somewhere else.
I think there are/will be better options than JBouw.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:17 PM
KingLB

Quote:
What benefit is there in moving him? He has little to no value...maybe a 6/7th....then the guy you "pick" has to be done via waivers or you lose value. The Kings have a low waiver pick so its then gotta to be some guy that isn't good enough for 20 teams worse than you in the league. Then he has to be a player that can fit in the system, let alone learn the system right away in case of a injury and he has to plug in fast. Bottom line moving Richardson just to move him makes no sense at all.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
What benefit is there in moving him? He has little to no value...maybe a 6/7th....then the guy you "pick" has to be done via waivers or you lose value. The Kings have a low waiver pick so its then gotta to be some guy that isn't good enough for 20 teams worse than you in the league. Then he has to be a player that can fit in the system, let alone learn the system right away in case of a injury and he has to plug in fast. Bottom line moving Richardson just to move him makes no sense at all.
Actually, a better question is what's the benefit of keeping him? Richie will always be a healthy scratch, or so it seems. Sutter referred to Toffoli as the 14th forward, but yet, when there was an opportunity for our 13th forward, he gets passed up. I guess we'll know for sure how DS feels about Richie if and when 44DD get a start at a forward position over him.

In regards to waiver claim...I thought we should have picked up Eager and waived Richie. It seems to make more sense.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:38 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Actually, a better question is what's the benefit of keeping him? Richie will always be a healthy scratch, or so it seems. Sutter referred to Toffoli as the 14th forward, but yet, when there was an opportunity for our 13th forward, he gets passed up. I guess we'll know for sure how DS feels about Richie if and when 44DD get a start at a forward position over him.

In regards to waiver claim...I thought we should have picked up Eager and waived Richie. It seems to make more sense.
He probably meant the 14th forward, he put toffoli in to see if he could be our 13th forward or actually get a permanent spot soon. He knows what richardsons got but not toffoli, he wanted to see him in action. Simple as that.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:45 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

We have to keep someone as the spare part forward. 44DD isn't it. And we aren't going to make Toffoli sit in the pressbox, that makes zero sense.

So Richardson is our regular season black ace, until someone better comes along.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:48 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
He probably meant the 14th forward, he put toffoli in to see if he could be our 13th forward or actually get a permanent spot soon. He knows what richardsons got but not toffoli, he wanted to see him in action. Simple as that.
That's what I said, 14th forward when referring to Toffoli. I actually thought TT was brought up to see if he could help us in the playoffs or perhaps we need to add before the trade deadline.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
We have to keep someone as the spare part forward. 44DD isn't it. And we aren't going to make Toffoli sit in the pressbox, that makes zero sense.

So Richardson is our regular season black ace, until someone better comes along.
I was being sarcastic about 44DD getting a start at forward.

And we did make TT sit in the pressbox. Heck, he'd still be sitting there if Nolan didn't have a bad game against the sharx.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:05 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
I was being sarcastic about 44DD getting a start at forward.

And we did make TT sit in the pressbox. Heck, he'd still be sitting there if Nolan didn't have a bad game against the sharx.
We made him sit in the pressbox for two games, not 25 like Richardson. Big difference. Odds are Sutter wanted him to get a few practices in first.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
We made him sit in the pressbox for two games, not 25 like Richardson. Big difference. Odds are Sutter wanted him to get a few practices in first.
But if Nolan didn't have a bad game, TT would still be sitting in the pressbox. And who knows how many more games he would have sat.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:38 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
But if Nolan didn't have a bad game, TT would still be sitting in the pressbox. And who knows how many more games he would have sat.
Once again, all speculation. He may have came in regardless, as maybe Sutter would have wanted to rest Nolan (or someone else). Additionally, he may have come in the very next game. It's all speculation that Toffoli would have sat further. We don't know that.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
That is some awesome art work

Old
03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Not sure if he is available but Matt Read is a guy I'd like LA to kick the tires on.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think Toffoli is up, along with all the other explanations, so that Lombardi can get a read on the team's future beyond this season. We have a lot of RFA/UFA wingers, including Penner. I think we aren't going to retain Penner's services and Lombardi wants to gauge what kind of winger he should target in the near and distant future. Obviously you can't determine anything conclusively, but you can see if Toffoli has promise against NHL competition and how many years away he is. Could influence who Lombardi targets and accepts onto the team. If Toffoli looks like he will be on the team next season, then perhaps he rejects Buffalo's insistence that we take on Stafford, etc... Gives him a better feel for the team.

Quote:
Quote:
If he's the best fitting, then why did Toffoli get the start?
He is an insurance policy. Why waste the time of prospects when you have have Richardson there sitting in the box? He is experienced and can play any position on any line. He is a Swiss army knife you keep in your pocket in case something breaks down on you. It is like keeping Drewiske when we called up Voynov in the past, etc... He came in handy this year.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
03-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Taylor18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
It's insane to keep pretending that we're even thinking of trading Bernier.

I don't think we're going to trade anyone. All we need to do is what for reinforcements from IR.
Maybe we should trade Quick then....

Old
03-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor18 View Post
Maybe we should trade Quick then....
...or maybe just trade neither this season?

Old
03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Taylor18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
...or maybe just trade neither this season?

Wouldn't surprise me if they trade Bernier, but I would rather they didn't. They won't trade Quick, not this year anyway

Old
03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
no name

Quote:
I think there are/will be better options than JBouw.
There is better options for this year due to our injuries but JBO at 3.4 million for the next 3 years is a very attractive trade option. It's not like he couldn't help this year too. At this point I think Bernier's value is a 2nd and a 4th rounder. I would not hesitate to Bernier for JBO. Of course, that all is mute if Quick does not show signs of turning the corner from now until trade time.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:24 PM
BringTheReign

Reading this thread, I feel like I'm missing something...

Did Bouwmeester become a physical defenseman? Did he drastically improve to the point where his contract wasn't a massive overpayment?

Old
03-17-2013, 10:27 PM
no name

There will be a lot learned tomorrow. What's the chances Toffoli is in the lineup tomorrow?

Old
03-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
Reading this thread, I feel like I'm missing something...

Did Bouwmeester become a physical defenseman? Did he drastically improve to the point where his contract wasn't a massive overpayment?

Who said we're gonna pick up his contract? He is definitely worth atleast half of that contract he's getting paid.

Closed Thread