HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Kaleta/Miller/Harrington/Ott "Saga", now Mike doesn't like us

Old
03-17-2013, 09:41 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Kaleta/Miller/Harrington/Ott "Saga", now Mike doesn't like us

After listening to Miller comments about Patty and the context in which they were brought up. They seem pretty reasonable to me.

Patty was basically feeling sorry for himself after being a scratched and made melodramatic comments to the press.

Last edited by joshjull: 03-19-2013 at 03:59 PM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
After listening to Miller comments about Patty and the context in which they were brought up. They seem pretty reasonable to me.

Patty was basically feeling sorry for himself after being a scratched and made melodramatic comments to the press.
its nice when you insert your own context

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:50 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
If anyone wants to post audio of Kaleta acting like a baby or feeling sorry for himself, go ahead. It doesn't exist.

He was pissed he doesn't get to play and said so. He wants to be out there every game. He didn't point any fingers or anything, he just wants to play very badly.

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:54 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
its nice when you insert your own context
Did you listen to the interview?

Harrington to Miller: Patty was upset about being scratched. He (Kaleta) said he needs to talk to the team to see if they want me on the ice or on the team.

Thats what Miller responded to by saying; If thats what he said he needs to grow up.

Then Harrington tries to keep stirring things up with this idiotic question. Did the team go to the coaches about putting Patty back in?

What did Harrington think the team was going to do? Keep turning their jerseys in one by one so Patty could play a la Rudy where the team forced the issue to get him in the lineup.

Last edited by joshjull: 03-17-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old
03-17-2013, 09:56 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:

Harrington to Miller: Patty was upset about being scratched. He (Kaleta) said he needs to talk to the team to see if they want me on the ice or on the team.

Thats what Miller responded to and he correctly called that drama from Patty and he needed to grow up.
Woah. Not sure where Harrington got those comments from Patty. I listened to his interview and I don't recall that.

Anyone else here that? I'm going to try and find something.

IF Patty that said, I understand Miller's response. But I'm really weary of trusting Harrington on this. He's a real piece of ****, no journalistic qualities.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Woah. Not sure where Harrington got those comments from Patty. I listened to his interview and I don't recall that.

IF Patty that said, I understand Miller's response. But I'm really weary of trusting Harrington on this. He's a real piece of ****, no journalistic qualities.
Harrington is always whining about people (non-media) who post inaccurate tweets for the sake of being first. He just did the same thing.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I just asked Harrington for the Kaleta quote on askin team if they want him on team... lets see if he responds..lol

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:04 PM
joshjull

Quote:

Here is a quote of Kaleta's comments on the matter.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-try-to-...e-awa/15817650

Quote:
As far as Kaleta’s concerned, he made no bones about his feelings, “I’m pissed off, I want to play especially watching some things, sitting there watching the game, I want to play.” Kaleta added, “That’s between me and the coach and I have to listen to what he wants and obviously I’m going to be pissed off for today and not be too pleasant, but I think about it, let it bother me for a little bit and then I move on and prepare myself because hopefully the team will want me back in the next couple games.”
Not remotely how Harrington spun it.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

Thats what Miller responded to by saying; If thats what he said he needs to grow up.

Then Harrington tries to keep stirring things up with this idiotic question. Did the team go to the coaches about putting Patty back in?

What did Harrington think the team was going to do? Keep turning their jerseys in one by one so Patty could play a la Rudy where the team forced the issue to get him in the lineup.
its amazing how quickly Harrington goes right back to being a reliable narrator when it fits you

Old
03-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

lol.... Harrington is scum.... he should go work for Fox or MSNBC.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:08 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:

Yeah that certainly reads a lot differently than Harrington's tweet.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
vcv
Deal with it

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...130319261/1004

Some quotes from Kaleta:
Quote:
“I’m pissed off. I want to play,” Kaleta said. “And especially after watching some things, sitting there watching the game, I want to play. They don’t need me right now I guess. I’ve been pissed off watching for the past couple weeks. No matter if you’re a fan, a player, you guys know what’s going on.

“You should be pissed off. You should play with a little piss and vinegar. You shouldn’t be happy. We’re not in the position we want to be in. We have to work harder, come in and do something about it.”

Kaleta spoke after taking extra drills with fellow healthy scratch John Scott. No other players were in the locker room to hear the Angola native question if the team wants or needs him at this point.

Kaleta said he fully expected to be playing until he arrived at the rink and was told he wouldn’t be by interim coach Ron Rolston. What was Rolston’s message?

“That’s between me and the coach and I have to listen to what he wants,” Kaleta said. “Obviously I’m going to be pissed off for today and not be too pleasant. I think about it, let it bother me for a little bit and move on and prepare myself. Hopefully the team will want me back here in the next couple of games.”
Don't see the "want me on the ice or team" comment here... still looking.

From earlier today (with audio link): http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...n.html?ref=bmh

Here's a transcript of the Kaleta interview from this morning:

Quote:
Reporter: Is it good to be eligible, are you surprised you're not playing?
Kaleta: I'm pissed off. I want to play, and especially after watching some things... sitting there watching the game, I... want to play.

Reporter: What was the reason you were given?
That's between me and the coach. I have to listen to what he wants. Obviously I'm gonna be pissed off for today and not be too pleasent. I think about it and let it bother me for a little bit and move on and prepare myself, cause hopefully the team will want me back here in the next couple games.

Reporter: You had a five game suspension from the league, does it feel like you have a one game suspension from the coach in addition?
Kaleta: I have no idea. It is what it is. Obviously I'm not happy and I shouldn't be happy. I shouldn't be pleasent, I shouldn't be nice. Like I said, I'm gonna try to be pissed off here for a little bit then try to get my energy going in a positive way and trying to get ready for the next game, or the game after that or whenever the team needs me.

Reporter: Is this last week or so, has he [Rolston] discussed with you any need to change your style at all?
Kaleta: You know what, plays like that ahppen sometimes. It happens when you have to play on that edge. It happens once in a while. That's just the way life is. You don't have a good day every single day. You have a day where things don't go your way. That's what it is. You put that behind you, you learn from it, you move forward. That's what I've done. I've been skating pretty hard all week. I've had a bunch of stuff done on my shoulder to get ready for medically and physically I was ready to go. Like I said, I'm gonna be thinking for the next game.

Reporter: You didn't know until this morning you weren't playing, right?
Kaleta: Yeah

Reporter: So you had full expectation when the five games were over you were back in?
Kaleta: Yeah, I prepare myself to be ready for any situation, so I was ready.

Reporter: So did he tell you that you were going to be in tuesday?
Kaleta: Not yet, not. So I don't know. I guess they don't need me right now I guess.

Reporter: Does it make you more frustrated, in the time you were gone, seeing liberties being taken with the smaller guys on the team?
Kaleta: Yeah, like I said, I've been pissed off watching the past couple of weeks. No matter if you're a fan or a player, you know what's going on, you know what's going on. You should play with a little piss and vinegar. You shouldn't be happy. We're not in a position we want to be in. We have to work harder and come in and do something about it.

Reporter: Is yesterdays game kind of the symptom here? You just can't get 60 good minutes together, you get 20 good ones and 20 terrible ones.
Kaleta: Yeah, we gotta be consistent, plain and simple. Starts with doing little things right and simplifying our game.
Kaleta's comments about the team not needing him were in context of the COACH. It had nothing to do with the players or asking if the team wants him.

Harrington is a ****face and I hope he gets called out by Miller or Kaleta. I'm pretty annoyed about this actually.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Its obvious you're not quite following the points being made.
its obvious that you went back and edited your post after you realized your belief in Harrington's framing of this whole debacle influenced your opinion that Kaleta was being a drama queen.

regardless... Miller's response was a gutless showing from a guy who has quit on his team.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:18 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
its obvious that you went back and edited your post after you realized your belief in Harrington's framing of this whole debacle influenced your opinion that Kaleta was being a drama queen.

regardless... Miller's response was a gutless showing from a guy who has quit on his team.
His response to Harrington? If so, Harrington fed him a web of lies.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
His response to Harrington? If so, Harrington fed him a web of lies.
but isn't it gutless regardless...

harrington fed him a bunch of lies, and he should've responded in ANY way other than throwing a teammate like Kaleta under the bus

Old
03-17-2013, 10:25 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:

harrington fed him a bunch of lies, and he should've responded in ANY way other than throwing a teammate like Kaleta under the bus
But Kaleta going to the media and whining about how he isn't playing is okay? He indirectly called out a teammate because clearly if he should be playing someone should be sat right?

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:26 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Again, here's the Miller interview: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...p.html?ref=bmh

Transcript, to the best of my ability:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harrington is a ****face
Reporter : Ryan, there was talk obviously before the game, Patty Kaleta was very upset about being scratched and said "I have to find out if the players want me back on the ice and on the team. Did you guys talk to him in the wake of coming back?
Miller: No, he's being dramatic. We're not even discussing what Patty says to you guys. That's just drama and he needs to just grow up, if he's gonna say that to you guys. You know what, he had a stupid play in a game, he sat he was punished. He has to get over it and move on. We've handled it. He doesn't have to go to you guys and say that stuff. So there I'm addressing it now and I'll go right and talk to him about it. There's no need to just.. say that.
Miller clearly follows his comments with "if he's gonna say that to you guys".

Old
03-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
But Kaleta going to the media and whining about how he isn't playing is okay? He indirectly called out a teammate because clearly if he should be playing someone should be sat right?
if that's the way you see it

i see a guy who gives everything on every shift for this team... and got the raw end of the results of a fluky play... and then the coaching staff takes a dump on him, only to be followed up by a so called "leader" telling him to grow up.

when miller show's his passion/displeasure... it's "oh he's a leader"... but when Kaleta does it he has to grow up

hypocrit BS from Miller

Old
03-17-2013, 10:27 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:

See my previous quote. He should have probably not said anything, but it honestly is being blown out of proportion a bit.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
if that's the way you see it

i see a guy who gives everything on every shift for this team... and got the raw end of the results of a fluky play... and then the coaching staff takes a dump on him, only to be followed up by a so called "leader" telling him to grow up.

when miller show's his passion/displeasure... it's "oh he's a leader"... but when Kaleta does it he has to grow up

hypocrit BS from Miller
And you know what? I agree with this post, for the most part.

However, I think the organization is feeling the heat from the league in some form because Kaleta is not "learning" to control himself. So they're trying to distance themselves before Kaleta is inevitably cast off as part of the purge.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Again, here's the Miller interview: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...p.html?ref=bmh

Transcript, to the best of my ability:

Miller clearly follows his comments with "if he's gonna say that to you guys".
am i the only one who thinks this is drenched in hypocrisy?

Old
03-17-2013, 10:30 PM
slip

Quote:
See my previous quote. He should have probably not said anything, but it honestly is being blown out of proportion a bit.
Because fans of basement dwellers need that little extra push to maintain interest.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:34 PM
vcv
Deal with it

The Kaleta, Miller and Harrington Saga

I don't know if this is going to blow up more, blow over or just be completely forgotten after tonight, but it's fascinating to me, in a disgusting way.

Here's the transcript from the Miller interview tonight, only including the parts about Pat Kaleta:

Audio: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...p.html?ref=bmh
Transcript:
Quote:
Reporter:
Ryan, there was talk obviously before the game, Patty Kaleta was very upset about being scratched and said "I have to find out if the players want me back on the ice and on the team". Did you guys talk to him in the wake of coming back?

Miller:
No, he's being dramatic. We're not even discussing what Patty says to you guys. That's just drama and he needs to just grow up, if he's gonna say that to you guys. You know what, he had a stupid play in a game, he sat he was punished. He has to get over it and move on. We've handled it. He doesn't have to go to you guys and say that stuff. So there I'm addressing it now and I'll go right and talk to him about it. There's no need to just.. say that.
Take note of the part highlighted in red. That's what the reporter claims Kaleta said.

Here's what he actually said:

Audio: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...n.html?ref=bmh
Transcript:
Quote:
Reporter: Is it good to be eligible, are you surprised you're not playing?
Kaleta: I'm pissed off. I want to play, and especially after watching some things... sitting there watching the game, I... want to play.

Reporter: What was the reason you were given?
That's between me and the coach. I have to listen to what he wants. Obviously I'm gonna be pissed off for today and not be too pleasent. I think about it and let it bother me for a little bit and move on and prepare myself, cause hopefully the team will want me back here in the next couple games.

Reporter: You had a five game suspension from the league, does it feel like you have a one game suspension from the coach in addition?
Kaleta: I have no idea. It is what it is. Obviously I'm not happy and I shouldn't be happy. I shouldn't be pleasent, I shouldn't be nice. Like I said, I'm gonna try to be pissed off here for a little bit then try to get my energy going in a positive way and trying to get ready for the next game, or the game after that or whenever the team needs me.

Reporter: Is this last week or so, has he [Rolston] discussed with you any need to change your style at all?
Kaleta: You know what, plays like that ahppen sometimes. It happens when you have to play on that edge. It happens once in a while. That's just the way life is. You don't have a good day every single day. You have a day where things don't go your way. That's what it is. You put that behind you, you learn from it, you move forward. That's what I've done. I've been skating pretty hard all week. I've had a bunch of stuff done on my shoulder to get ready for medically and physically I was ready to go. Like I said, I'm gonna be thinking for the next game.

Reporter: You didn't know until this morning you weren't playing, right?
Kaleta: Yeah

Reporter: So you had full expectation when the five games were over you were back in?
Kaleta: Yeah, I prepare myself to be ready for any situation, so I was ready.

Reporter: So did he tell you that you were going to be in tuesday?
Kaleta: Not yet, not. So I don't know. I guess they don't need me right now I guess.

Reporter: Does it make you more frustrated, in the time you were gone, seeing liberties being taken with the smaller guys on the team?
Kaleta: Yeah, like I said, I've been pissed off watching the past couple of weeks. No matter if you're a fan or a player, you know what's going on, you know what's going on. You should play with a little piss and vinegar. You shouldn't be happy. We're not in a position we want to be in. We have to work harder and come in and do something about it.

Reporter: Is yesterdays game kind of the symptom here? You just can't get 60 good minutes together, you get 20 good ones and 20 terrible ones.
Kaleta: Yeah, we gotta be consistent, plain and simple. Starts with doing little things right and simplifying our game.
If Miller does talk to Kaleta they'll realize they've been fooled by Harrington and move on quickly.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

This basically confirms three things that we already knew:

1) Harrington is a lousy reporter who likes to stir the pot for the sake of getting the story he has already written in his head.

2) Miller's a drama king, speaks his mind (perhaps too much), and then hypocritically criticizes others for it.

3) Kaleta is passionate and a bit of a hothead.

Rhett4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:39 PM
5 Minute Major

Just my opinion but Miller has been around the block and should know better than to address an issue about a teammate to the media.

And, yeah, Harrington is a clown for trying to make waves.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote