HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers sign Roszival

Old
08-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Yureeka47*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Yureeka47*
Bad deal... Hes not physical... Hes not gifted offensively.. hes not even all that solid as a stay at home guy. Hes useless.

Yureeka47* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Pizza

Bit of a pile on in this thread IMO. Rozy is a serviceable stop gap.

When players like Staal, Sauer, Baranka, Sanguinetti and even Tyjtin develop further, you will have most if not all of what people are complaining is lacking in Rozy.

If Rozy can improve on last year, we'll have done very well.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:35 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The contracts of Darius Kasparaitis,Marek Malik,Aaron Ward and Michal Rozsival will all expire at the same time after the 2007-08 season.These aren't Mike Rathje and Darien Hatcher type contracts which are $3.5 million per with four and three seasons remaining on them respectively

The Rangers are essentially paying Rozsival Keith Carney money.Both players received the same deal-2 years/$4.2 million

Filip Kuba got 3 years/$9 million.Karlis Skrastins got 3 years/$7.2 million.Denis Gauthier got 3 years/$6.35 million.Not to mention what Joe Corvo and Brian Potheir got-4 years/$10 million each

The Rangers have three lefty's(Fedor Tyutin,Kasparaitis,Malik)and three righty's(Karel Rachunek,Rosvizal,Ward)

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:37 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Bit of a pile on in this thread IMO. Rozy is a serviceable stop gap.

When players like Staal, Sauer, Baranka, Sanguinetti and even Tyjtin develop further, you will have most if not all of what people are complaining is lacking in Rozy.

If Rozy can improve on last year, we'll have done very well.

I agree ....

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 07:12 PM
DontStaal

i think this is a good deal.... well at least it is for next year. I liked the way Rosy played and i agree, if he improves we would have done a very good job signing him. The only problem i see with the signing is that it doesnt leave much room for our youngsters. Then again, in recent years we haven't had a chance to talk about our future stars possibly making it into the lineup and now this adds a completely new level of competition where youngsters like Staal, Sauer, Baranka, Dawes, Dubi, and Immonen can battle it out with current starters..

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 07:20 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yureeka47 View Post
Bad deal... Hes not physical... Hes not gifted offensively.. hes not even all that solid as a stay at home guy. Hes useless.
Thank you, he's not a good two-way guy. He's pathetic at both ends of the ice, and just skates around waiting for Jagr to say jump, and he asks "how high?"

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
i like it

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 07:28 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Don't like the two year deal. Right now they have Malik, Kasparaitis, Rozsival and Ward under contract. If the reports are true that the Rangers are looking to lock up Tyutin long-term, then you add him into the mix as well. That means that you enter next season likely with six defensemen under contract.
Look at it another way. After this upcoming season I think many would agree that some of the young dmen should be about ready to step up into the NHL. At that point we would have several experienced dmen that we could trade for picks if nothing else. You have to continually keep your ducks in a row and signing the vet dmen to a multy year contract is better than a vet forward. The worst vet dman always brings more value and heaven help a GM if he has injuries on the backline, the price goes through the roof.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 08:04 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
A great player? An overstatement, methinks.
In a salary cap world a guy who is a bargain for his what he does on the ice can be considered a great player. I don't care what any of you say, a good plus/minus, the best in the league, makes a statement.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 08:05 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yureeka47 View Post
Useless?? Not sure you watched the first 2/3 of the season last year.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 08:57 PM
McDonagh27

He is not useless per say... He's not great either... He's about in between... Nothing wrong with the salary, because figures wise, I beleive he got the correct deal considering what happened in the over-inflated market... Sather, IMO, essentially got what he paid for, and for that, I beleive this is a good move.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:30 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

An average salary for an average player. If he continues to blossom, he becomes a bargain. If a young guy beats him out down the line he is an asset with some value. Why all the concern?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:37 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Oh God. Another season of yelling at this moron.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Look at it another way. After this upcoming season I think many would agree that some of the young dmen should be about ready to step up into the NHL. At that point we would have several experienced dmen that we could trade for picks if nothing else. You have to continually keep your ducks in a row and signing the vet dmen to a multy year contract is better than a vet forward. The worst vet dman always brings more value and heaven help a GM if he has injuries on the backline, the price goes through the roof.
I agree, you can never have enough NHL ready defenseman. This was a good signing and this is what Rozsival is worth.

Is Rozsival great?

Nope

Does he have a big name?

Nope

Does he do the job?

For the most part

Can he get better?

Yes

This is a good signing and our best pair is reunited. Sather played this great..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Considering What the other D-mans were getting out there, this wasn't so bad. Although i did want to see Staal and Pock have a legitmate shot, but can't complain too much.

Any updates on the Ozo situation?

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Gee what shock! My only hope is that Roszival doesn't see any power play time.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:38 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Gee what shock! My only hope is that Roszival doesn't see any power play time.
Amen to that.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 12:50 AM
dank

the more i think about it, the more this deal does not sound too bad.

if you sign him for two years at this not too overwhelming fee, it becomes more interesting for other teams in reference for a trade. most would rather have a two year contract in place than just take the guy for this one year, if they really want him.

if you don't want to trade him, two years is not bad at all, not long term but its good enough.

as much as I want to see Staal in the Blue of the Rangers uniform, or even the Wolf Pack, i think it would be best for him to stay in the juniors for another year; unless he absolutely impresses the pants off of the organization in camp.

so with Roszival we have covered two years of prospect growth for Sauer and Staal. AND he can be a commodity to trade due to "the leagues overemphasis on +/-"..

also, i agree with peoples unhappiness regarding his useless and untimely hooking penalties, but.. last year was the first year that they were called so harshly and I bet he'll learn to taper his idiocy in the upcoming year, at least by a little.

That having been said, I am still down for Vishnevski and Leetch (in a limited finale season), with no Roszival. (Oh yeah, get rid of Hossa too)

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
Oh God. Another season of yelling at this moron.
Ugh, where this hate came from?
Rozsival is good 2nd or more likely 3rd pairing defenceman.
If he will play like 15-20 minutes per game and not on the PP he will be fine.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 02:14 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Please what the hell.....Sather just trade him already. Get his fat a$$ out of New York. Why did we bring him back? Why couldnt we just let him walk and trade for Vishnevski or sign Leetch???? I just dont understand this move. Just bring back Leetch.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 02:35 AM
NYRchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Please what the hell.....Sather just trade him already. Get his fat a$$ out of New York. Why did we bring him back? Why couldnt we just let him walk and trade for Vishnevski or sign Leetch???? I just dont understand this move. Just bring back Leetch.
Enough with Leetch,already! Geez,it's time to move forward. You don't bring a guy back for sentimental reasons.Especially not when you're building towards winning another cup.It's time to let 94 go.How do you know Leetch has anything left? He was hurt most of last season.Besides,given his relationship with Sather,why would he wanna come back? Enough is enough.Once Leetch retires,he'll have his night at MSG,and his number will be up in the rafters for eternity.If you can let go of Mess,you can let go of Leetch. Onward and upward...

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 04:09 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You really think Vishnevski is better than Rozsival?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 06:21 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
You really think Vishnevski is better than Rozsival?
If I may chim in: No, I don't think he's better than Rozsival, but I also don't think the difference is as dramatic as you seem to be implying. Furthermore, Vishnevski does throw some mean, nasty hits, which would be a nice dynamic to add if we were going to sign a not particularly gifted offensive Dman anyway.

However, the primary reasons I don't like the signing have nothing to do with Vishnevski (or even Leetch - much as I would've liked that for one more year, it was probably unrealistic from the get-go). These are the points that bug me:

1: Unless Renney completely shocks me, Rozsival will play 1st pairing minutes again this year with Malik and thus will once again get exposed playing against the other team's top players as we often saw last year (I'd be much more comfortable with him as a 2nd or 3rd pairing guy). What would Rozsival's much vaunted +/- be if you included goals scored while you were in the box for a) hooking opposing 1st line wingers as they blow by you to the outside or b) using your stick to trip up opposing 1st PP unit players who've gotten free of your check?

2: Never mind Staal and Sauer (who would now appear to be at least 1 if not 2 years away), we've got 3-5 Dmen at HFD (Baranka, Girardi, Lampman, arguably Pock and Liffiton) who are ready to at least get a shot at the bigs - what does this do to them? Furthermore, what does the stacking up of depth do to other guys like Potter and Guenin coming out of college with nowhere to go?

No sir, I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

Unless there is a trade coming...

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 08:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
In a salary cap world a guy who is a bargain for his what he does on the ice can be considered a great player. I don't care what any of you say, a good plus/minus, the best in the league, makes a statement.
Yeah, it says I played with forwards who combined for 278 points.

Salary cap or no salary cap, the term "great player" should be used sparingly. And Rozsival doesn't belong there.

08-02-2006, 08:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Useless?? Not sure you watched the first 2/3 of the season last year.
I agree. He's not useless in the same way he's not great.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote