HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 player growth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
  #351
Troller1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Whoa, really? I almost never see him anything other than an 89 after a few years.
It's in gm connected would that have anything to do with it?

Troller1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:39 PM
  #352
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troller1988 View Post
It's in gm connected would that have anything to do with it?
Ah, maybe. I haven't tried GMC yet. That's just in offline GM mode.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:27 PM
  #353
Troller1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Soo just finished up a year of gm connected as Montreal. I have David schlemko. He started the year as 77 ovr, 25, and 2.5 star yellow potential. Despite playing in about 25 games, his potential actually GREW to 3.5 star yellow at 26. Also Carey prices overall goes down to an 88 for some reason?

Troller1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:28 AM
  #354
Burger Baron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 95
vCash: 300
Eberle went from an 84 to 90 over the first summer

Yakupov went from 64 to 82 over the first summer after leaving him in junior the first year

RNH went from an 80 to 86 over the first summer

Petry went from a 77 to 85 over the first summer

Everyone else on the Oilers more or less stayed the same, ~1-2 ranks, including Hall who stays at 84

Flipped Gagner+ for P.Bergeron and Whitney+++ for OEL...

BOOM! Oil for the cup!

Burger Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:38 AM
  #355
Troller1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
In the first rookie year, I find its a lot better to send them back to junior

Troller1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
  #356
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,928
vCash: 50
Any one have any advice on goalie growth?
I drafted a 4.5 star goalie as my 1st round pick (2nd)
He was in Juniors for his first year. Went to AHL at 68 in his 2nd year. 3rd year jumped to 78. I traded Pavs (jets) moved him up to starting goalie. After his 3rd season as starting goalie he jumped to 84 (won rookie of the year at the age of 22) Now he is 31 has and has won 3 cups, the Vezina 2 times, the Conn Smythe 2 times and the Hart once.

He is labelled Elite and I could not get him over the level of 85.

Currently have drafted three four star goalies in the last three drafts and I am going to start developing them.

Just looking for any kind of help to developing over the level of 85 for a goaltender.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:29 PM
  #357
PGCougar
almostcanadian
 
PGCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Germany
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Is a development like that normal? Here are two of my Avalanche players after the first season:

C Mark Olver 72-->82
LW Mike Connolly 71-->78

And there are many more who went up like 4 or 5 points OA.

PGCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
  #358
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,928
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beichi10 View Post
Is a development like that normal? Here are two of my Avalanche players after the first season:

C Mark Olver 72-->82
LW Mike Connolly 71-->78

And there are many more who went up like 4 or 5 points OA.
Not too sure.

Just drafted a 4 star 19yr old LW who ended up being a 70 after I drafted him. After the 4 exibition games he was placed in my main lineup. I moved him up to the second line just for fun and after 6 games he is leading the team in goals with 5. So This will be interesteding to see how he progresses. I will try to sim through a season tonight and update his progress after one season on the second line.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:08 PM
  #359
LUCICHARASK
Soda Berg
 
LUCICHARASK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 6 inches offsides
Country: United States
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Goalie named rob meldere was drafted in 2014 by the avalanche. He was a 80 rookie year, 90 2nd year,94 his 3rd year. I just traded 4 1st rounders and Cory Schneider for him.

LUCICHARASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:18 PM
  #360
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,928
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCICHARASK View Post
Goalie named rob meldere was drafted in 2014 by the avalanche. He was a 80 rookie year, 90 2nd year,94 his 3rd year. I just traded 4 1st rounders and Cory Schneider for him.
Damn. I have not come accross a player over 92 in my GM career yet. Think I have 7 years left until retirement. BUT I have not searched for one either.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
  #361
Badabing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Question. Ok me and my friends are playing currently gm connected careers and we progressed season 13/14, some of us started gathering these top prospects (klimchuk,drouin and so on) while sacrificing some of teams top players. Now we started to wonder that how this works when you dont get to see your ahl points,games and lines. so is the best way to develop them to just force them into your nhl lineup even if their overall are just 65 or 62 something similiar and same time sacrifice your season? because i had kreider to jump 67 or whatever he is, to 81 just by playing him in 25 regular season games and 10 playoff games.


I tried to simulate another gm connected careers to season 14/15 and those highly drafted players didnt get no game time (or some of them did in chl and ahl) and i found that drouin was still below 70 and mackinnon was the best i think he was 70 overall.

So whats the best way to develop these kids in connected careers? Do we need to wait like 3 seasons to get them 'playable' because if it is its gonna be long journey since we are playing all the games

Ah i almost forgot this one. i played st louis blues and scored with tarasenko 53 goals and about 90 points and he developed 81->82 and he won Calder trophy so whats that about? meanwhile Huberdau plays 10 regular season games and he got shot power and accuracy 98/98 AND develops to 85.. talk about nice system here.


Last edited by Badabing: 03-14-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Badabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:14 PM
  #362
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
GMC is basically random. It doesn't seem to matter where they get played.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:34 PM
  #363
Badabing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
yeah i thought so. So we just ruined our 3-4 seasons to get those juniors thanks to good gmc system

Badabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
  #364
Troller1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badabing View Post
Question. Ok me and my friends are playing currently gm connected careers and we progressed season 13/14, some of us started gathering these top prospects (klimchuk,drouin and so on) while sacrificing some of teams top players. Now we started to wonder that how this works when you dont get to see your ahl points,games and lines. so is the best way to develop them to just force them into your nhl lineup even if their overall are just 65 or 62 something similiar and same time sacrifice your season? because i had kreider to jump 67 or whatever he is, to 81 just by playing him in 25 regular season games and 10 playoff games.


I tried to simulate another gm connected careers to season 14/15 and those highly drafted players didnt get no game time (or some of them did in chl and ahl) and i found that drouin was still below 70 and mackinnon was the best i think he was 70 overall

So whats the best way to develop these kids in connected careers? Do we need to wait like 3 seasons to get them 'playable' because if it is its gonna be long journey since we are playing all the games

Ah i almost forgot this one. i played st louis blues and scored with tarasenko 53 goals and about 90 points and he developed 81->82 and he won Calder trophy so whats that about? meanwhile Huberdau plays 10 regular season games and he got shot power and accuracy 98/98 AND develops to 85.. talk about nice system here.
It's WAY better to keep a player in junior than force him into the lineup. If u left klimchuck in juniors he would've become a 86 at 19 years old. Huberdeau is predetermined. Don't leave a player in ahl... Either junior or nhl

Troller1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM
  #365
Badabing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
I asked around and i got told that when you are playing with new roster updates, that klimchuk and drouin wont upgrade so fast in gmc. anyways i have played around 20 games and klimchuk got 8+3. So lets see if i can keep it up and what he will upgrade after the season

Badabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:01 PM
  #366
Troller1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Anybody want to see how a prospect develops? Ill be doing a sim soon

Troller1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:01 PM
  #367
Badabing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troller1988 View Post
Anybody want to see how a prospect develops? Ill be doing a sim soon
Yes. im one who wants

Badabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:09 PM
  #368
Troller1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badabing View Post
Yes. im one who wants
Which player? U guys have to tell me the player

Troller1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:17 AM
  #369
Badabing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Mackinnon
Drouin
Klimchuk
Kreider
Holtby
Tarasenko

Badabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 05:26 AM
  #370
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badabing View Post
Mackinnon
Drouin
Klimchuk
Kreider
Holtby
Tarasenko
Had Kreider in AHL for the most part of my first year with a few call ups, went up to 80 ovr.

Tempted to how Drouin will develop after a year in junior, traded Gaborik to Kings for second overall and Jaret Stoll.

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:59 AM
  #371
Funk Volume
Independent Living
 
Funk Volume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Had Kreider in AHL for the most part of my first year with a few call ups, went up to 80 ovr.

Tempted to how Drouin will develop after a year in junior, traded Gaborik to Kings for second overall and Jaret Stoll.
Drouin is an 88 by year 3 in mine, he progressed crazy fast.

Sadly, I chose MacKinnon over him.

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:26 AM
  #372
Badabing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Volume View Post
Drouin is an 88 by year 3 in mine, he progressed crazy fast.

Sadly, I chose MacKinnon over him.
are you playing with new rosters when he is 88? i got him playing in my first line with statsny and tarasenko (drouin 6 games 1+4)

and second line klimchuk - berglund - oshie (klimchuk 16 games 8+4)

hope they will gain some progress since drouin is 62 overall i think and klimchuk 57

Badabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:55 AM
  #373
canuckfan22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Had Kreider in AHL for the most part of my first year with a few call ups, went up to 80 ovr.

Tempted to how Drouin will develop after a year in junior, traded Gaborik to Kings for second overall and Jaret Stoll.
Lol in my gmc I'm the islanders and traded streit + rahksaini for the 1st overall pick in the first year

canuckfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 01:02 PM
  #374
UncleRisto
Registered Loser
 
UncleRisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckfan22 View Post
Lol in my gmc I'm the islanders and traded streit + rahksaini for the 1st overall pick in the first year
Rakhshani gets to an 85.

UncleRisto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
  #375
Snipes91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Is Tom Nilsson leafs prospect in the game??

Snipes91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.