HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2013, 05:39 PM
  #926
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Werenski and Ekblad would be incredible to watch.
Right now, I think Werenski is better than Day. More complete, but no one can touch Day's skating.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 05:39 PM
  #927
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
Congrats to Oakville on winning the OHL Cup!

Seems the standings are final now. How does this mock draft look?

1. Ottawa: Sean Day
2. Erie: Matt Spencer
3. Peterborough: Travis Konecny
4. Mississauga: Dylan Strome
5. Kingston: Lawson Crouse
6. Niagara: Troy Henley
7. Sudbury: Mitchell Stephens
8. Saginaw: Nikita Korostelev
9. Sarnia: Kyle Capobianco
10. North Bay: Brett McKenzie
11. SSM: Blake Speers
12. Guelph: Garrett McFadden
13. Oshawa: Cameron Lizotte
14. Kitchener: Luke Kirwan
15. Plymouth: Michael Davies
16. Barrie: Zach Werenski
17. Owen Sound: Cole Mayo
18. Belleville: Mitch Vande Sompel
19. London: Jordan Greenway

The "upper-class" teams might take some American kids. "Hey, Werenski, come play with Ekblad!" That would be cool.
I think Petes take Henley if Spencer goes to Erie

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 05:46 PM
  #928
ExtremeHockeyFan
Registered User
 
ExtremeHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I think Vande Sompel is a good chance to land in London. He is playing the NCAA card, to help him drop in the draft. The head coach of London Gold is also a scout for the Windsor Spitfires. I wonder If London and Windsor can grab one of the big 3 from the London Gold Team.
I gave Vande Sompel to Belleville because his skating fits perfectly with the big ice at Yardmen. Would look nice on D with the Bulls.

ExtremeHockeyFan is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 05:49 PM
  #929
ExtremeHockeyFan
Registered User
 
ExtremeHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Right now, I think Werenski is better than Day. More complete, but no one can touch Day's skating.
Not really that much of a surprise. Werenski's a year older than Day and has played against higher competition. But Day has to go ahead of Werenski because he is that year younger.

ExtremeHockeyFan is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 06:38 PM
  #930
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Here's my shot:

1. Ottawa: Sean Day D
2. Erie: Travis Konency F
3. Peterborough: Matt Spencer D
4. Missy: Dylan Strome F
5. Kingston: Mitchell Stephens F
6. Niagara: Lawson Crouse F
7. Sudbury: Brett McKenzie F
8. Saginaw: Zack Werenski D
9. Sarnia: Nikita Korostelev F
10. North Bay: Micheal Davies F
11. SSM : Blake Speers F
12. Guelph: Garret McFadden D
13. Oshawa: Connor Slitchling D
14. Kitchener: Troy Henley D
15. Plymouth: Jordan Greenway F
16. Barrie: Kyle Capobiano D
17. Owen Sound: Cam Lizotte D
18. Belleville: Mitch Vande Sompel D
19. London: Luke Kirwan F

PS- Not sure if Kirwan is going NCAA or not but i think the Hunters will talk him out of going.

Open for comments on my mock

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:07 PM
  #931
U of C Trojan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Please do mock draft without Day. Word is he was denied

U of C Trojan is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:34 PM
  #932
ottsabrefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: kanata, ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Here's my shot:

1. Ottawa: Sean Day D
2. Erie: Travis Konency F
3. Peterborough: Matt Spencer D
4. Missy: Dylan Strome F
5. Kingston: Mitchell Stephens F
6. Niagara: Lawson Crouse F
7. Sudbury: Brett McKenzie F
8. Saginaw: Zack Werenski D
9. Sarnia: Nikita Korostelev F
10. North Bay: Micheal Davies F
11. SSM : Blake Speers F
12. Guelph: Garret McFadden D
13. Oshawa: Connor Slitchling D
14. Kitchener: Troy Henley D
15. Plymouth: Jordan Greenway F
16. Barrie: Kyle Capobiano D
17. Owen Sound: Cam Lizotte D
18. Belleville: Mitch Vande Sompel D
19. London: Luke Kirwan F

PS- Not sure if Kirwan is going NCAA or not but i think the Hunters will talk him out of going.

Open for comments on my mock
Don't see the Fronts passing on Crouse here (at least not for Stephens). I thought Spencer wouldn't go to the Petes?

ottsabrefan is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:43 PM
  #933
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,399
vCash: 500
I also heard yesterday from more than one scout that Day had been denied exceptional status.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 08:27 PM
  #934
doogie24
Registered User
 
doogie24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I also heard yesterday from more than one scout that Day had been denied exceptional status.
Also heard this. Interviews didn't go well, and it was announced on the Thursday of the tournament last year.

Look for Stephens to Saginaw

London wants Vande Sompel badly. Hard to say if NCAA card will get him far enough down the draft though.

doogie24 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 08:33 PM
  #935
ExtremeHockeyFan
Registered User
 
ExtremeHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
As requested, here's a potential mock draft without Sean Day.

1. Ottawa: Travis Konecny
2. Erie: Matt Spencer
3. Peterborough: Dylan Strome
4. Mississauga: Mitchell Stephens
5. Kingston: Lawson Crouse
6. Niagara: Troy Henley
7. Sudbury: Nikita Korostelev
8. Saginaw: Brett McKenzie
9. Sarnia: Kyle Capobianco
10. North Bay: Garrett McFadden
11. SSM: Blake Speers
12. Guelph: Mitch Vande Sompel
13. Oshawa: Cole Mayo
14. Kitchener: Zach Werenski
15. Plymouth: Cameron Lizotte
16. Barrie: Michael Davies
17. Owen Sound: Adam Craievich
18. Belleville: Ethan Szypula
19. London: Luke Kirwan

Once we get outside the top 6, things would really start to open up and go in any direction. Can't see how Day wouldn't get ES though. There would have to be serious issues with his maturity and mental preparedness.

ExtremeHockeyFan is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 08:39 PM
  #936
scout97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
If vande somple doesent make it to 19 do you think they might take colton white at 19. They also have a early pick in round 2 where they might be able to grab syzpula if he makes it down that far.

scout97 is online now  
Old
03-17-2013, 08:51 PM
  #937
Hockeyplayer9723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Oakville played like they should, top to bottom, they were easily the best from spencer to the 3rd liners. Is anyone doing a 2-3 round mock draft?

Hockeyplayer9723 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:28 PM
  #938
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
As requested, here's a potential mock draft without Sean Day.

1. Ottawa: Travis Konecny
2. Erie: Matt Spencer
3. Peterborough: Dylan Strome
4. Mississauga: Mitchell Stephens
5. Kingston: Lawson Crouse
6. Niagara: Troy Henley
7. Sudbury: Nikita Korostelev
8. Saginaw: Brett McKenzie
9. Sarnia: Kyle Capobianco
10. North Bay: Garrett McFadden
11. SSM: Blake Speers
12. Guelph: Mitch Vande Sompel
13. Oshawa: Cole Mayo
14. Kitchener: Zach Werenski
15. Plymouth: Cameron Lizotte
16. Barrie: Michael Davies
17. Owen Sound: Adam Craievich
18. Belleville: Ethan Szypula
19. London: Luke Kirwan

Once we get outside the top 6, things would really start to open up and go in any direction. Can't see how Day wouldn't get ES though. There would have to be serious issues with his maturity and mental preparedness.
I like this mock, IMO after #5 its a wide open class! Szypula is a interesting pick, all depends on a teams needs. Has Craievich really raised his draft status that much to put himself into the 1st round? Would be shocked if Strome would report to the petes, thus i would say they select Stephens or Big K.

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:45 PM
  #939
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
I'd be very surprised if Sarnia drafts a Dman with their first round pick. They have a ton of offensive talent to replace so a forward makes much more sense. Lots of options but I could see them liking a Blake Speers, Korostelev, McKenzie (ideal) or Davies.

dean youngblood82 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
  #940
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
As requested, here's a potential mock draft without Sean Day.

1. Ottawa: Travis Konecny
2. Erie: Matt Spencer
3. Peterborough: Dylan Strome
4. Mississauga: Mitchell Stephens
5. Kingston: Lawson Crouse
6. Niagara: Troy Henley
7. Sudbury: Nikita Korostelev
8. Saginaw: Brett McKenzie
9. Sarnia: Kyle Capobianco
10. North Bay: Garrett McFadden
11. SSM: Blake Speers
12. Guelph: Mitch Vande Sompel
13. Oshawa: Cole Mayo
14. Kitchener: Zach Werenski
15. Plymouth: Cameron Lizotte
16. Barrie: Michael Davies
17. Owen Sound: Adam Craievich
18. Belleville: Ethan Szypula
19. London: Luke Kirwan

Once we get outside the top 6, things would really start to open up and go in any direction. Can't see how Day wouldn't get ES though. There would have to be serious issues with his maturity and mental preparedness.
Stephens is too high and should switch spots with Mackenzie.

McCool will be a top 10 pick.

Vande Sompel should go late first round or 2nd round.

Davies should be late first round or 2nd round pick.

Mayo is too high.

MacArthur should be a first round pick.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:08 PM
  #941
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,833
vCash: 500
Have pity on a Windsor fan - any idea on who we could get with #29 overall? Anybody playing the NCAA game to try and dictate their spot? Spits will be looking for a forward from this pick.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
  #942
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Have pity on a Windsor fan - any idea on who we could get with #29 overall? Anybody playing the NCAA game to try and dictate their spot? Spits will be looking for a forward from this pick.
There are enough skilled forwards that should be available at #29.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:34 PM
  #943
scout97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Does anyone know the picking order for second round ?

scout97 is online now  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:36 PM
  #944
OHLEYE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Draft Order

Is that the right order?

OHLEYE is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:51 PM
  #945
Gensfan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post
Is that the right order?
No. Flip oshawa and kitchener also plymouth and barrie

Gensfan9 is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 10:57 PM
  #946
OHLEYE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Thanks. That's what I thought.

PetesFan 94, have you heard who we want? Because you seem to change your pick on a daily basis.

I agree with you on Henley.

OHLEYE is offline  
Old
03-17-2013, 11:19 PM
  #947
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post
Thanks. That's what I thought.

PetesFan 94, have you heard who we want? Because you seem to change your pick on a daily basis.

I agree with you on Henley.
Rumours are everywhere the past week or so.. Who knows what happens. Can't really go wrong with most of the kids ranked in the top 10 anyways.

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:50 AM
  #948
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
There was a ton of NCAA schools at the OHL cup. Alot of first round prospects seem to be playing this card as many of the top prospects have toured US schools and mention them as an option. I know for a fact that the NCAA is not an option for them, yet they are being vocal to other teams about this to scare them off.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:21 AM
  #949
U of C Trojan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Rumours Im hearing. Konecney to Ottawa, Spencer wants Mississauga and playing school card. Stephens to Saginaw, Strome to Erie but struggling with that. Kingston, Peterborough and Mississauga in the mix for Spencer, Crouse, Mackenzie and Stephens. Spencer best D available, Crouse Left Wing Mackenzie Left handed shot can play the wing / centre. Stephens right handed shot can play the wing / centre.

U of C Trojan is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:27 AM
  #950
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by U of C Trojan View Post
Rumours Im hearing. Konecney to Ottawa, Spencer wants Mississauga and playing school card. Stephens to Saginaw, Strome to Erie but struggling with that. Kingston, Peterborough and Mississauga in the mix for Spencer, Crouse, Mackenzie and Stephens. Spencer best D available, Crouse Left Wing Mackenzie Left handed shot can play the wing / centre. Stephens right handed shot can play the wing / centre.
All those rumours u speak of, have weight to them, Ive heard them as well.

Teams at the top of the draft board have said they wont or are unsure of drafting Day if granted exceptional status. Bottom line was they are not convinced of him being #1. That does not look good to have top teams on one page and Hockey Canada on the other. Apparently some viewings of Day, left them puzzled as he did not play hard at all durings the viewings. Nothing is official at this point. I did hear straight from an important Ottawa 67's employee that these concerns were very real, so that is not a rumour.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.