Notices

New Toys on the Way

Old
03-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Numbah4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
exactly...people expect us to go out and land a top 6 forward for caron, sauve and a 3rd...people need to realize that its a sellers market so prices will be inflated...do people really think chicago, pitts and other teams will really not beat out an offer that includes scrubs like caron and sauve? spooner may or may not become a solid nhler but i have no doubt iginla would make the bruins ever so more dangerous than they currently are with pandolfo in the top 9
Thanks for letting us know Iginla is better than Pandolfo. Wouldn't have guessed. So, you'd give up a first, Spooner and Caron for him? If we do that, are we as good as Pittsburgh? Nope. You have 11.6m next year go sign 2 goalies,replace Ference, a forward to play with Krejci and Lucic. And, another forward to replace Iginla because we can't afford to keep him.

We could beat them with/without Iginla. Going to need great defense and great goaltending.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:25 PM
bruinmann77

A you need a team to trade with. Second you don't also trade the future for a rental . PC needs to balance all that before he pulls a trade.

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:31 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Pardon my ignorance. I know little about spooner but what's the big deal about him? All I got are his stats to work with and they don't blow me away. Obviously, i'm missing something.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Merk57

I wouldn't deal away any prospects.. nor was I mad at Chia for last year's deadline deals... Rolston and the depth D's they picked up were useful... I would take the same approach this year and add depth.. There will be a lot of that out there. I'm not saying the team is perfect (they have pandolfo on the third line - enough said). Horton despite some points against Washington still seems to look awful to me. He looks like someone with incredible talent and horrible hockey sense. If Chia could package him to get Perry, I'd do it. Any of the other big names I'm hearing (Iginla, Gonchar, Jagr..) no thanks. I would look more for a couple of Kobasew, Prospal, Hejduk, Wolski, Hendricks, N.Thompson, Leopold, M.Bergeron...

Merk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:53 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Pardon my ignorance. I know little about spooner but what's the big deal about him? All I got are his stats to work with and they don't blow me away. Obviously, i'm missing something.
With that, we will trade him then. Slow night in hab land ?

4ORRBRUIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
I wonder what you say when a stranger asks you for the time.

Asking about a prospect that I admit I know little about. You could help me and inform me about his skills because all I have is stats to go on and they don't say much.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:02 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:

Asking about a prospect that I admit I know little about. You could help me and inform me about his skills because all I have is stats to go on and they don't say much.
If its a hab fan I would give him/her the wrong time..

4ORRBRUIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:04 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Lashoff for a rental with nothing left? No thanks!
For the love of god don't throw in Karsums, he's the real deal!

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Actp
CN6 but Accentuate p

Quote:
He is supposedly a high skill waterbug of a center and he is scoring almost a point a game in the AHL. During his one game call up he looked slow to me at the NHL level, but maybe his knees were knocking with nerves. He is, nonetheless, an intriguing prospect on a team who has gotten next to nothing out of recent drafts after Lucic. On his junior Youtube tapes he looked like Marc Savard but we shall see. Btw I think they should get a third liner and a depth d man because this team does not look like a contender, despite their record.

Actp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Numbah4

Quote:
As 20 year olds in Providence

Marchand 79gp 18g 41a 59p +13
Krejci 69gp 31g 43a 74p +2

Spooner 50gp 12g 33a 45p +8

He's outperformed Marchand and isn't too far off of Krejci's points per game. They are your first line center and 2nd line LW. If Spooner is a Top 9 forward for us, he's worth more than 3wks + playoffs of Iginla.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post

He's outperformed Marchand and isn't too far off of Krejci's points per game. They are your first line center and 2nd line LW. If Spooner is a Top 9 forward for us, he's worth more than 3wks + playoffs of Iginla.

Spooner is third in scoring among the rookies in the AHL. Currently three points behind the leaders and has a shot at the rookie scoring title.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
He is supposedly a high skill waterbug of a center and he is scoring almost a point a game in the AHL. During his one game call up he looked slow to me at the NHL level, but maybe his knees were knocking with nerves. He is, nonetheless, an intriguing prospect on a team who has gotten next to nothing out of recent drafts after Lucic. On his junior Youtube tapes he looked like Marc Savard but we shall see. Btw I think they should get a third liner and a depth d man because this team does not look like a contender, despite their record.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Spooner is third in scoring among the rookies in the AHL. Currently three points behind the leaders and has a shot at the rookie scoring title.
Thanks guys. Didn't realize he was a rookie. Interesting for sure. If he's doing that well so soon he seems to have a legit shot as a top 9 guy in the future.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:39 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Thanks guys. Didn't realize he was a rookie. Interesting for sure. If he's doing that well so soon he seems to have a legit shot as a top 9 guy in the future.
he's the best prospect in the system, IMO. can skate, can dish, sees the ice like a dynamo. top shelf hockey sense. i honestly think he's the best left-handed half-wall PP option for boston right now, including current NHL team members. no chance he's in the AHL next season and i'd be pretty surprised if they even considered dealing him for a rental.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
he's the best prospect in the system, IMO. can skate, can dish, sees the ice like a dynamo. top shelf hockey sense. i honestly think he's the best left-handed half-wall PP option for boston right now, including current NHL team members. no chance he's in the AHL next season and i'd be pretty surprised if they even considered dealing him for a rental.
How are his wheels?

Neely08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:55 PM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
Gotta love everyone slamming Chia for not making moves but then being unwilling to trade dime a dozen prospects like Spooner for a high-end rental.
Dime a dozen prospect?

Tell me the last time the Bs had a 20 year old producing at nearly a PPG in Providence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
How are his wheels?
Great skater. More quick than he is fast but I'd bet ya he would be top 5 fastest in Boston right now.

Quote:

First in assists, points, PPP, shots and 3rd in +/- for the baby Bs as a rookie.

Jamie Tardiffs carrer high in goals was 15 in a season. He currently has 26 in 51 games while playing with Spooner. Kid makes players around him so much better.

Last edited by agreen23: 03-17-2013 at 11:08 PM.
agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 10:58 PM
corpfan1

Not if Iginla wins us a cup!

Quote:
If Spooner is a Top 9 forward for us, he's worth more than 3wks + playoffs of Iginla.

corpfan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:12 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

If Iginla gets us a cup,I'll trade any prospect they want. I wonder if Washington or Toronto or Vancouver would. Win today worry tomorrow.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:45 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

I can't imagine Iginla being just a rental after a taste of victory.

and also, just like it was for Kaberle...any trade that brings the cup back is worth it.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
The trade deadline is two weeks away and Boston's or someone else's future is going to be on display pretty soon.

Alexander Fallstrom played in Providence today, and Alexander Khokhlachev according to a tweet from Jim Parker (in Providence thread here) is going to be at practice Tuesday in Providence- so should Jared Knight who is feeling fine and has been skating and hopes to be back soon. Anthony Camara was recently signed and the comparisons atleast talent wise to Steve Ott have begun (glad to read that, just hope he is tough agitator and not **** head agitator)- hope after the OHL playoffs get done he's there.

And of course we are waiting on Carl Soderberg's playoffs to end- if they ever do (and of course Chia has to sign him)

we may even get to see Spooner next week playing for Boston- first star today, told best player on ice last night even though got third star....when he physically matures and puts his mind to it look out (remember Marchand's 1 assist in 20 games, and Krejci 1 goal in 27, I dont expect that but be patient with him because whoever has him at 23- 24 if not sooner is going to be one happy team)

A lot of our future will be on display- or if they are traded we get to see them atleast for a week or two
Spooner brings too much potential to fix the long-running PP (on a long-term basis) and he is cost controlled, so I don't move him.

Khodobin makes a lot of sense as a first piece to Calgary if Iggy is the play. Koko makes a lot more sense IMO to move --he doesn't have Spooner's speed so he is more of a question mark in the NHL and likely will not want to go to the AHL next year with Russian options. He could walk right into the NHL in Calgary.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:35 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoons View Post
No no no no no. You are trading potentiel top 6 forward for a 35 year old rental , who we have no idea how he fits in and how much he has left in the tank.
At least we know what iginla is. Spooner is simply potential at this point. No guarantee he amounts to anything. See Hamill.

Also naive to think iginla wouldnt fit in considering we have a poor man's iginla in Horton who seems to fit in just fine and even if you wanna play that game, how do we know spooned fits in

The Dangley One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:59 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
At least we know what iginla is. Spooner is simply potential at this point. No guarantee he amounts to anything. See Hamill.

Also naive to think iginla wouldnt fit in considering we have a poor man's iginla in Horton who seems to fit in just fine and even if you wanna play that game, how do we know spooned fits in
No guarantee Iginla wins us the cup.

See Hamill? Spooner is a much greater prospect than Hamill was. (despite draft position), Spooner has eclipsed both Zack Hamill and Joe Colbornes season highs in 2/3 of Spooner's rookie season.

Not saying we shouldn't trade him for a chance at the cup; but I sure wouldn't move him for a 35 year old 1 time chance at the cup.

A rental, I'm ok with, if it's someone we have a chance of extending and still has prime years on him (see Perry, Corey), but not Iginla, unfortunately.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:07 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Be nice LL ain't that bad he's good people

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:16 AM
BobbyAwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
I believe that this team, with the additions of Spooner and Soderberg, can fortify the roster for this year's Cup run, and beyond.
Maybe next year

They'd have to bring Spooner up NOW and let him play all remaining games in hopes he'd prove himself by the playoffs...and Soderberg may not get here in time and if he does he'd have to adjust to the smaller ice surface immediately. That's doubtful, IMO.

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:18 AM
DJENTLEMAN
Handsome Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
and also, just like it was for Kaberle...any trade that brings the cup back is worth it.
That trade with Toronto also hasn't stung yet and likely never will.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:53 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
No guarantee Iginla wins us the cup.

See Hamill? Spooner is a much greater prospect than Hamill was. (despite draft position), Spooner has eclipsed both Zack Hamill and Joe Colbornes season highs in 2/3 of Spooner's rookie season.

Not saying we shouldn't trade him for a chance at the cup; but I sure wouldn't move him for a 35 year old 1 time chance at the cup.

A rental, I'm ok with, if it's someone we have a chance of extending and still has prime years on him (see Perry, Corey), but not Iginla, unfortunately.
Iginla gives the bruins infinitely better shot a winning this season then spooner. Corey perry is gunna be nearly impossible to sign and still retain your key FA. Plus will definetly cost more on the trade marletn

The Dangley One is online now   Reply With Quote