03-09-2013, 08:36 AM
TLow97

vCash: 500
Why is Coyle listed as a center?

Old
03-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Fallenity

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion a couple of days ago. Surprisingly good game, first seemed very boring but suddenly noticed I'd spent 6 hours micromanaging my galactic empire on a small map game.

But I'd imagine it's primarily meant for multiplayer, so will have to try that out at some point. Anyone here tried it?

Old
03-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Oh, hey, Age of Empires II is coming out in glorious HD on steam in about a month with steamworks support.

I already bought mine. I cannot wait.
This pleases me

Old
03-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Some nice goals last night...
By Fel...
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/153479719

By Me...
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/153479610

Old
03-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
For Playstation owners...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=886Ihd8NoSk

Graphics look so fresh.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:01 PM
tyratoku

Just pre-ordered Gears of War Judgement on the Microsoft Store website. It comes with free overnight shipping if you order it by Friday, as well as 1600 microsoft points. Also get an extra weapon skin and multiplayer character. So if anyone wants to buy it, do it there.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:36 PM
GMAN23
My grammer lacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
Fel has time to play video games!? I imagine him sitting at his PC refreshing Russo twitter every 15 seconds. Idk how he beats everyone to everything!

Old
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
So I discovered an interesting mechanic involving buildings that have +mayor rating effects. One of the census buildings I have offers a cap relief mechanic of 10,000 to all residential, industrial, and office caps. So, since my CO$$$ cap is at 78% despite connections to all my neighbors and two maxed out international airports, I decided to plop a **** ton of them in order to knock the cap back a little bit and see if I could manage to get a couple more CO$$$ skyscrapers to build in this city.

I got the cap knocked down to 45%, which allowed demand to go as high as 4500 for CO$$, but only one CO$$$ skyscraper grew over a two hundred year period.

So I decide the experiment has run its course and I go to where I plopped all those census buildings and demolish them all (Demolishing them cost 2 million, but thats nothing considering this city has half a billion in the bank), thinking I could just get back on track.

Well...after I unpaused I started to notice something, My mayor rating was dropping, rapidly. My mayor rating in this particular city is very near the absolute max it can go, but suddenly it was plummeting all the way down to -50. A few months ago I took out one of my old cities to start some riots because I had never seen any in Sim City 4, but suddenly riots were starting spontaneously in a city with all high wealth sims. The mayor rating data view showed all but part of the city as deep red.

So what happened is this. When a building with +mayor rating is plopped. that rating gets added to the current rating, and if it is later demolished, that rating is subtracted. But, since my rating was near max to begin with, all the excess +mayor rating just got discarded, and when I mass demolished all of the census buildings, all of the -mayor rating completely tanked my approval rating across the whole city.

I tried literally everything I could think of to either demolish the buildings without triggering the -mayor rating effect, or to negate the effects after the fact. Neither worked. I even went so far as to remove the plugin containing the building, reloading and demolishing the buildings with them now rendered as brown boxes. No effect. I drove the entire population out of the city for several years before letting them back in. No effect. The -mayor rating effect seems PERMANENT.

So in the end I broke out a backup of the city I made about a week ago. I am frigging glad I have been backing this region up regularly. I would have lost it if the only option would have been to nuke the city and rebuild it.

So yeah, let this be a warning, dont build a massive amount of buildings that have mayor rating effects unless they are going to be permanent fixtures of your city. This includes all landmarks and a lot of downloadable content.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN23 View Post
Fel has time to play video games!? I imagine him sitting at his PC refreshing Russo twitter every 15 seconds. Idk how he beats everyone to everything!
Well to be fair, I got beat on the Clark news while playing NHL 13 last night.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
Popped in MW2 for a little nostalgia this weekend. Had more fun playing that game than I have with either of the Black Ops games or MW3.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

I must be old. Every time someone says MW2 I think MechWarrior 2.

That was a fun game.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:01 PM
tyratoku

I completed RE4 HD today.

Still an awesome game.

There are a few achievements I can go back for and attempt to get, but I'm not sure if I will or not. Already got 550/1000. That might be good enough.

Especially when GoW: Judgement comes out in a few days and I'll probably play the **** out of that until the Halo 4 maps come out, and then two weeks later Age of Empires HD comes out. Bah gawd, this month is going to be crazy.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
I completed RE4 HD today.

Still an awesome game.

There are a few achievements I can go back for and attempt to get, but I'm not sure if I will or not. Already got 550/1000. That might be good enough.
Iron Maidens and Regenerators scared the **** out of me playing that game when I was younger.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:08 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Any golf fans here? Can't wait for Tiger Woods 14. Looks fantastic this year.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:15 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Iron Maidens and Regenerators scared the **** out of me playing that game when I was younger.
It is just so unnerving to enter an area with two rifle rounds total, and then hear the regenerator huffing and puffing around the corner somewhere. They are always in cluttered areas where they can come from 2-3 different directions. It's just...****

Iron Maidens can be kind of creepy, yeah. I got the **** scared out of me when the dude burst out of the oven. Completely forgot about that. My girlfriend, who watched me play through pretty much the entire game(and enjoyed it, I might add), literally screamed when he busted out

Old
03-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Man I need to play RE4 again sometime.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Man I need to play RE4 again sometime.
Me too. I remember they had a limited time offer of the PS3 version download for only like $15 I think about a year ago but I didn't buy it. Wish I would've.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

I've got the Wii edition. So much easier to aim at crap with the remote. It was so fun.

Also my region in Sim City 4 just passed 21,000,000.

Old
03-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Just got to Disc 3 on FF9. Up to 17 hours logged. Best bang for the buck ever?

Old
03-18-2013, 08:32 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Me too. I remember they had a limited time offer of the PS3 version download for only like $15 I think about a year ago but I didn't buy it. Wish I would've.
XBL had a big sale a few weeks ago and I was able to pick it up for $10. Fantastic buy for that price. The "HD" really isn't HD, it's just an upscaled version. You really don't see it much when playing, but there are a few times where it looks so bad you have to laugh. I still recommend picking it up though. It does come with both Separate Ways and Assignment Ada. So it's a ported PS2 version, not the original Gamecube version that only had AA, I think. Or only had SW.

Quote:
I've got the Wii edition. So much easier to aim at crap with the remote. It was so fun.

Also my region in Sim City 4 just passed 21,000,000.
I've heard that the Wii version is the definitive and best version. Never really got around to playing it though.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
XBL had a big sale a few weeks ago and I was able to pick it up for $10. Fantastic buy for that price. The "HD" really isn't HD, it's just an upscaled version. You really don't see it much when playing, but there are a few times where it looks so bad you have to laugh. I still recommend picking it up though. It does come with both Separate Ways and Assignment Ada. So it's a ported PS2 version, not the original Gamecube version that only had AA, I think. Or only had SW.

I've heard that the Wii version is the definitive and best version. Never really got around to playing it though.
You need to. The difference between playing RE4 with a controller and playing with the Wii remote is night and day.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
The zombie game for Wii U sucks balls though. Might be OK with a proper controller, but trying to play it with the nunchuk and wiimote? Nope. I don't know if it's just me, but we tried it with a friend whose gf has a Wii U and we both thought it was nigh-unplayable.

Speaking of zombie games, they need to make a sequel to Dead Island and accompany it with PROPER motion controls. That could be helluva lot of fun, smashing zombies with a baseball bat or a friggin' tire iron.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Whos talking about the Wii U here? I'm not.

Honestly I am barely interested in the Wii U. I don't think it will be a very successful console, even with the year head start over the Xbox 720 and Playstation 4.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Whos talking about the Wii U here? I'm not.

Honestly I am barely interested in the Wii U. I don't think it will be a very successful console, even with the year head start over the Xbox 720 and Playstation 4.
Oh, I agree with you.

I just thought I was on topic (for once), that's all.

Old
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Not even a full game itself but zombies in Black Ops 2/Black Ops is all the zombies I need.

Closed Thread