HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Matt Read + 2nd.

Anyone willing to do that for JBO?
Not really. Read and next years 2nd, maybe.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
What about Read for Runblad?
Rundblad+ for read I would think about.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Something spun off from a thread on the trade forum:

What's fair value for the final piece? The original idea had VAN sending their 1st + Raymond for our 1st, but I think that's a pretty obvious non-starter.

Our 2nd seems a bit light. Any other ideas?
Can we just not do this and say we did. Schneider doesnt do anything for us, Edler is good, but he doesn't fix anything either.

And no to JayBoverrated. Guy is NOT remotely worth 6.7.

Old
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
ahthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Rundblad+ for read I would think about.
No way does Phoenix consider that, though.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Prongo
Beer

Rundblad is considerably over rated on these boards. He has trouble sticking it in the NHL because of the defensive side of the game. Yes he is a good offensive young defender, but we need someone already established and can be count on from the moment he gets here. Rundblad does not fit that bill. This is his last year of his ELC also and has had trouble sticking with Phoenix. They would have to add to him because they have an established forward comig back who has versatility and is a 20 goal scored. Hf always tends to over rate our prospects in trades anyways

Excuse the typos I'm on my phone!

Old
03-17-2013, 08:07 PM
ahthorne

I definitely agree, but discussions with Phoenix fans lead the idea that a starting point for Rundblad would be Voracek/Simmonds... That was enough to stop asking about their defenders.

Phoenix has been known to season their defenders and not rush them and it's worked out pretty well for them (see: Ekman-Larsson) and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Rundblad turn into a quality top-4 defender with really nice offensive skills. I don't think you can call any prospect a future #1 defensemen in any case anyway.

However, Matt Read likely has more value to us than he would in a trade. A versatile two-way forward who can PK, PP and score goals signed for $900k is so valuable to a cap-spending team, and his trade value is probably that of an two-way, average talent forward who is already 26 and turning UFA in two seasons...

Old
03-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Mota

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Ekland says TJ Brennan, who Buffalo just traded to Florida for a #5, would have been a Top 4 D on our team. Completely embarrassing if Holmgren wasnt trying to acquire a player traded for that cheap.
Brennan is awful. He is basically Kurtis Foster lite. He has a nice shot that shines at lower levels but he doesnt have the tools to be an NHL defenseman. Eklund is only drooling over him because hes a local kid.

Flyers shouldnt make any big moves for a D man until they know what their draft position is. The draft might be the best way to address their defensive needs if they finish with a top 10 pick.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:26 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Brennan is awful. He is basically Kurtis Foster lite. He has a nice shot that shines at lower levels but he doesnt have the tools to be an NHL defenseman. Eklund is only drooling over him because hes a local kid.

Flyers shouldnt make any big moves for a D man until they know what their draft position is. The draft might be the best way to address their defensive needs if they finish with a top 10 pick.
Guess we'll find out soon enough in Florida. I am curious why Buffalo also wants to trade Ty Myers. Should Flyers be looking into that?

Old
03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
King Fish

What could we get for Briere and Coburn? Good D prospect or goalie prospect? Any contenders out there looking for bolster three defense? The way I see it is we need picks and prospects in a bad way, we don't have one prospect rated higher than a 7 on HF.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:02 PM
SolidSnakeUS

We really do need picks. Coburn is the harder sell (away from our team). But Briere I hope can bring in something good.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:20 PM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
We really do need picks. Coburn is the harder sell (away from our team). But Briere I hope can bring in something good.
What would be good compensation for them? I think Briere would have slightly more value because of his playoff performance but he has the cap hit attached to him. I think a 2 round pick is what we could get for Coburn, maybe a good prospect for Briere?

Old
03-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish View Post
What would be good compensation for them? I think Briere would have slightly more value because of his playoff performance but he has the cap hit attached to him. I think a 2 round pick is what we could get for Coburn, maybe a good prospect for Briere?
Coburn is worth far more than Briere (age, contract).

If we can get a prospect + 2nd or late 1st for Danny, I'd be pretty happy.

I wouldn't deal Coburn except in a deal for a prime-aged top-pairing defenseman with a stronger offensive game (like Edler).

Old
03-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Coburn would be quite coveted on the trade market and would fetch far more than Briere.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:57 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Coburn would be quite coveted on the trade market and would fetch far more than Briere.
I know he would, what I meant was that it would be harder for us to get rid of him (it would more than likely really impact the team), but the return would be damn good.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:49 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Why would we trade our #3 D away?

Doubt we get an upgrade at the D position for a Coburn + Briere package.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Quote:
Isn't it set in stone that Danny will not waive his NMC? Or did i miss something.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:06 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Andrej Sustr, a 6'8''-6'9'' 22 year old mobile puck moving defenseman is on the FA market now.
Source: Corey Pronman @coreypronman

Hopefully Homer can reel him in.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:10 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Hold on he is 6'8"-6'9", Right Handed, and regarded as a mobile puck moving d-man? Why is he a Free Agent and how is he only listed as 200 lbs per hockeydb? lol.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:21 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Hold on he is 6'8"-6'9", Right Handed, and regarded as a mobile puck moving d-man? Why is he a Free Agent and how is he only listed as 200 lbs per hockeydb? lol.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=44405

They have him listed as 218 lbs on this site.

Late bloomer I suppose, he had to come over to NA to develop so that might have something to do with it also. The Czech hockey programs have been on a decline as of late.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:23 AM
ahthorne

He's a college UFA from Nebraska-Omaha. Listed at 225 on their official roster. 0.45 PPG through ~100 games for them.

I think Flyers should be all over him if only because he's so huge, is right-handed and we have a barren prospect pool. I really think the Flyers should be all over the majority of the 'higher-end' college UFAs, as the better ones (not counting Schultz) project like 2nd rounders. He'll probably want to go where he gets a) playing time and b) money. I think we can offer both pretty easily...

Old
03-18-2013, 12:25 AM
LegionOfDoom91

I'm curious to see if Anders Lee will sign with NYI this year. He's a junior from Notre Dame. He could use the same loophole Justin Schultz used this summer and not sign with New York making him a free agent. If this were to happen I would hope the Flyers would give him a look.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19068

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-18-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old
03-18-2013, 12:42 AM
hockeyfreak7

Why am I seeing people suggesting trading Coburn for a 1st or a 2nd? Even if that was his value on the trade market, what good does that accomplish? I recognize he's not having a great year, but jeez, you're gonna sell him for a prospect that won't make an impact for another 2-3 years minimum?

I don't think Coburn is untouchable-- but he only goes if we can package him together with another asset to get our upgrade on D. He's not going to be traded like a cheap, trade deadline piece...

Old
03-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Why am I seeing people suggesting trading Coburn for a 1st or a 2nd? Even if that was his value on the trade market, what good does that accomplish? I recognize he's not having a great year, but jeez, you're gonna sell him for a prospect that won't make an impact for another 2-3 years minimum?

I don't think Coburn is untouchable-- but he only goes if we can package him together with another asset to get our upgrade on D. He's not going to be traded like a cheap, trade deadline piece...
I wouldn't mind trading Coburn if it you could a get a right handed version of him, Tyler Myers, or someone better, Kevin Shattenkirk. He's having a bad year and is usually pretty bad in the beginning of the season, but has shown he can play outstanding especially next to a good veteran presence at the end of the year and in he playoffs.

As far as the Phoenix defensemen, I hope the Flyers stay away. Don Maloney always gets other teams to overpay because he is under no pressure to win himself. He can wait out other GMs. It is a unfair advantage to negotiate against. Yandle is a slightly better Matt Carle and Rundblad is a question mark as far as NHL potential. Gormley I like but none of them are worth the overpayment that they would cost. There are othe guys out there like Cleddening and Blum that could be had I think for much cheaper.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:47 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
Isn't it set in stone that Danny will not waive his NMC? Or did i miss something.
I know for a fact he would waive it for the right situation.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:18 AM
FLYERSFAN18

I watched a couple videos of this Sustr kid on youtube. He skates very well, and looks to be very good positionally and he uses his stick very well. Would love to have him on the team. What is the max contract the free agent college players can receive?

Closed Thread